Patrick Ch. 03

Story Info
Melissa pushes hard.
4.7k words
4.75
34.7k
30

Part 3 of the 15 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/30/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

The next week, Melissa showed up dressed in a pair of jeans, a respectable shirt and sandals. Patrick noticed but didn't say anything. He didn't believe for one second that the one confrontation with Kevyn was enough to initiate the change in attire and attitude. Nor did he believe that she was through with him, she was still up to no good.

Patrick wasn't the only one who didn't believe it; Kevyn watched Melissa and saw through the act. She asked herself the same question she had been asking herself all week, "why do I care?" She had been early as she usually was with Patrick arriving a few minutes after she did. They talked for a few minutes with him always asking about spunky and she continued the lie although she knew that he knew that she was lying. It was almost to the point where it had become a private joke between them.

What was different about tonight was that Melissa didn't come in until it was almost time for class to start and she didn't speak to Patrick in her usual attempted seductive tone.

"Hi Dr. Sinclaire." she said and sat down. She didn't even grumble when Patrick passed out the pop quiz from the week before. Alarm bells rang in Patrick's head, "yep" he thought, she's up to no good he thought as he passed out the rest of the quizzes handing Kevyn the last quiz with a smile.

"Alright, you know the drill, fifteen minutes and we'll grade them when everyone is done." He went back to his desk and looked over the class, there were ten of the original thirty left and these were the ones that would finish the class. He looked up at Kevyn and saw that her pencil was already down and she was chewing her lip, she was anxious he realized and wondered why she was putting so much pressure on herself over a quiz. If she was like this over a quiz, what was she going to be like with the first big test?

The quizzes were graded and Patrick began his lecture for the evening noting that Melissa didn't raise her hand once. Patrick laughed to himself; he was old enough that he had fought in wars that Melissa had never even heard of, she was hoping to lull him into a false sense of security. Then he stopped laughing remembering that the week before when that little slip of a girl had indeed almost caught him.

At the end of the class, everyone stopped by the desk so that Patrick could record their grades. Melissa was first and out of the door instead of being one of the last and trying to linger. This time Kevyn was last and he found out why, her quiz paper was blank.

"Miss Morris, what happened?"

"I don't know, I knew it and then I panicked and..."

"Kevyn, why are you so stressed over a quiz?" Patrick asked.

"I'll do some of the extra credit projects to make it up." Kevyn replied not answering the question.

"That's fine but it doesn't answer the question." Patrick replied.

"I have to go, Spunky needs to be walked." Kevyn said as she hurried out of the door.

Kevyn walked right past Melissa not seeing her as she hurried by. "He called her by her first name!" Melissa fumed as she stomped out.

Patrick sat at his desk for a few minutes and then packed up; maybe he needed to do a background check on Kevyn too.

*******

Kevyn went home in a funk. She had failed a quiz that she should have easily passed. She knew the answers and they just wouldn't come! On the bus ride home she looked at the quiz and answered every single question without hesitation. She couldn't keep doing this; one quiz wouldn't hurt anything but what if she failed the test? It couldn't happen! She had to pass this class with at least a "C" screw the "B" she thought as she changed into her night clothes.

********

Melissa was in a funk as well, Patrick had called the black woman by her first name but not only that, she heard the concern and care in his voice when he said it. She was tempted to send him an email but didn't, she had to stick to the plan. She had come to another decision, her mother could just go fuck herself, and whatever money she got from Patrick was going into her own personal account. After all, she was the one doing all of the work, that money was hers. After she was done with Patrick, he could go to hell and take the black woman with him for all she cared.

Her mother tapped on the door and walked in without invitation.

"How's the fishing going?" she asked.

"Fine." Melissa replied not offering any other details.

"Can I help in anyway?"

"No, I've got it under control." Melissa said and closed her eyes willing her mother to leave.

"Mel, you're not planning anything stupid are you?" Linda asked.

"No mother, now go away I'm tired."

"If you can't get him into bed without the threat of blackmail, let him go. It's not worth going to prison for."

Melissa didn't reply but turned on her side in effect dismissing her mother.

Linda Hunter looked at her daughter and for the first time she was really concerned about her. She had changed since she met Patrick Sinclaire, he was no longer just a mark or a means to an end, and this had become personal. Just how much of this had to do with the black woman Linda didn't know and though it was probably too late to play the concerned mother, she had to try.

"Mel, look, let it go and find someone else. I'm worried about you."

Melissa turned over and looked at her mother, "since when do you give a damn about me other than to ask how much money I made?" she asked.

Linda jumped at the anger in Melissa's voice.

"Mel..."

"Get out mother." Melissa said turning her back on Linda.

Linda left the room and shut the door behind her. Her little girl was playing a very dangerous game and she had tried to warn her. Oh well....

*******

Patrick was concerned about Kevyn but she wasn't in any danger but Melissa was dangerous. What was it about her that she was able to push his buttons? She reminded him of someone but whom? It really didn't matter, he had to stay away from her and he had to get her out of his class. The other class wasn't full, like his, that class had lost several students in the first two weeks, he would send Melissa there. It didn't matter that it met on another night, as a matter of fact that was even better.

Patrick logged on to his school email account and sent an email to Melissa.

"Miss Hunter,

I feel that it is for the best that you no longer attend my class. Dr. Robertson has space in his class and he would be more than happy to have you attend. I am aware that his class meets on Thursdays and I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. He and I are following the same lesson plan so there will be no issues there. I wish you the best in your studies.

Dr. P. Sinclaire

He hit the send button and then sent an email to Kevyn.

"Kevyn,

I would like to meet with you before the test next week to discuss how I can assist you with your apparent test anxiety. You may either use this email address or call me at this number, 555-1002.

Patrick"

He hesitated and then sent the email fully aware that he had just crossed the line from instructor into something else just by using their first names and by giving her his cell phone number.

He was going after his mate.

Since he had the laptop on he decided to do a background check on Melissa Hunter. It was easy to do since one of Ethan's companies was a software company that developed this kind of technology. He had never used it, and until now never had a reason to but the saying "know your enemy" came to mind and that was what Melissa Hunter was-an enemy.

While he waited for the program to load Patrick checked to be sure that his cell phone was turned on. Satisfied that it was on and the volume up, he looked at the computer screen, signed in and typed in Melissa's name and waited. He wasn't expecting to find much because she was so young but was surprised when the screen filled with information not just on her but her mother as well.

His eyes widened as he read the report out loud.

"Linda Hunter aka Linda Johnson aka Linda Phillips currently Linda Monroe." Patrick recounted the last names and thought he understood what was happening. Melissa's mother was on her fourth marriage to a wealthy man; Melissa was the result of the first marriage which ended in divorce after five years. Mr. Hunter had paid his wife the hefty sum of 1.5 million to divorce him. The second marriage was considerably shorter but the payoff was just as big as was the third marriage. She had been married to her current husband for just over a year and Patrick knew what was going to happen if it hadn't already- a divorce with a huge payout.

Melissa's mother had raised her to be a monetary predator but this time she had picked the wrong prey, they weren't going to get a dime from him. Patrick checked their financials and saw that they had a joint account with just over three million dollars in it and that Melissa had a personal account with just over 100k. He realized that she was already sleeping with men for money although she preferred to call them gifts. She was nothing more than a high priced call girl and she was only twenty.

He now fully understood the game, Melissa knew who he was before signing up for his class and targeted him. If she couldn't get him to marry her, she would settle for blackmail of some kind. "Thank you Kevyn" he murmured when he remembered the night that Melissa upped the stakes by showing her breasts to him during class. He would have given in and he would have paid dearly for it financially, professionally and personally.

He shook himself out of his reverie and typed in Kevyn's name. That she had been married and divorced by the time she was thirty surprised him but it explained why she didn't act like she felt drawn to him even though they both knew that she was. There really wasn't much on her, her family lived on the east coast her ex husband Lonnie Morris still lived in the area and was unemployed. Kevyn was a nursing assistant at a nursing home and had been for over ten years. He looked at her high school transcripts, she was one smart cookie with a GPA of 3.9, she could have gotten a scholarship to any college and he wondered why she didn't go. He tucked the questions in the back of his mind to ask her later and then looked at her financials. She had a little money, just enough to cover a months rent and for a small emergency. The temptation to help her financially without her knowledge crossed his mind but he knew that she wouldn't appreciate it.

******

Melissa heard her laptop ding that she had a message but she ignored it thinking that it was one of her friends. It was almost midnight when she finally decided to check her messages. She smiled with excitement when she saw that there was a message from Patrick. She sat down and read the message her smile fading a little more with each line.

"Oh fuck no!" she hissed as she reread the message, "This is not happening."

She sat at her laptop for a long time before deciding her next move; it was time to go shopping.

*******

Kevyn read the email from Patrick with mixed feelings, she was attracted to him and she didn't want to be. She still didn't understand why she felt so protective of him and she sure as hell didn't trust Miss hot to trot. She looked at the message again and debated as to what she should do. She really couldn't afford to fail any test and maybe he would just refer her to one of his tutors. Should she call him or send an email? She wondered and decided to call.

Her stomach did a flip as she picked up her cell phone to check her remaining minutes.

"You have 10,000 minutes remaining, you must add minutes by...."

Kevyn hung up and did the math, 166 hours she figured. One of the things that she was almost fanatical about was making sure that she had plenty of minutes on her pre-paid cell phone. Every payday she added minutes even though she didn't have to for a couple of years "but it never hurts to be prepared" she would say every time she bought minutes. Very few people other than family had her number and now so would Patrick, it made her reconsider the method in which she should contact him and changed her mind.

"Dr. Sinclaire,

Thanks for the concern but I'll be fine if you'll just email me the names of your tutors, I would appreciate it.

Kevyn Morris

She sent the email and began reading her notes while she listened to the corresponding lecture and wished that she had called him instead.

********

Patrick read Kevyn's email and was going to call her but there was no number listed on her file. Not ready to give up, he shot off another email.

"Kevyn,

I really would like to discuss this with you, please call me.

Patrick"

He sent it before he could change his mind and waited.

He heard the alert indicating that he had received a message- Melissa.

"Patrick,

I know for a fact that you can't make me leave your class without discussing whatever the problem is with me in person. Until that happens I will continue to attend your class.

Melissa"

Patrick frowned, what in the hell was he going to do about her? Go to her mother? Sure and then he'd have the both of them to deal with.

He jumped when his cell phone rang; he looked at the number, didn't recognize it but answered it anyway.

"Dr. Sinclaire?"

"Kevyn, thank you for calling." Patrick said his heart hammering.

"Ummm yeah, you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes, I just wanted to be sure that you were alright." Patrick replied.

"I'm fine; I just had a case of nerves." Kevyn replied.

"You never answered my question though, why were you so stressed out by one quiz?" Patrick asked.

"I just froze is all." Kevyn replied.

"Alright, will you be alright for the test? Your email said that you wanted the names of my tutors."

"I'll be fine." Kevyn replied not really believing it.

"I don't believe you any more than I believed you about spunky." Patrick said in a matter of fact tone. "But be that as it may, you have my number if you need help getting ready for the test. Goodnight Kevyn."

******

Kevyn hung up totally confused, flattered and horny. She was confused because she now understood that Patrick was interested in her and she wondered why, she wasn't the kind of woman that he normally associated with- she had done her homework too, flattered because he was interested and horny because there had been no one since Lonnie and Patrick had a very nice voice that promised.....

"Stop it!" she told herself, "Keep your goal in mind! Think about that beachfront condo and leave Dr. Sinclaire to his fashion models!"

*******

Tuesday arrived before Kevyn knew it, she had called in sick the night before the test, stayed in and studied all that day and the next until she was satisfied that she knew all of the hormones, their function and everything else that she thought might be on the test.

She arrived at the classroom promptly at six and started to go over her notes only looking up when Patrick came in; she surprised herself by speaking first.

"Hi."

Patrick looked at her for a second and then smiled.

"Hello yourself, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, thanks."

"Nervous?"

"A little." Kevyn admitted.

"You'll be fine, just take a deep breath and relax." Patrick said as he sat in the chair next to her.

Kevyn felt her whole body go hot as if she was having a hot flash but she was too young for that wasn't she?

"Are you sure that you're alright?" Patrick asked.

"I just need a drink of water, excuse me." Kevyn said as she rushed to the front of the room and out of the door.

Patrick watched her leave, his blue eyes glittering. She was his, it was just a matter of time before she wouldn't be able to deny what she was feeling, all he had to do was wait and stay away from Melissa Hunter.

As if on cue, Melissa walked into the classroom. She looked up at Patrick, smiled and then winked before sitting down. It was time to end this and if she failed the test then so be it.

Patrick looked at the clock, it would be another thirty minutes before class started and Kevyn was still gone. He went to the front of the room and sat on his desk.

"Dr...."

"Shut up and listen to me." Patrick said cutting her off. "You're playing a very dangerous game; you don't know who I am or what I am capable of. Back off before you get hurt!"

Melissa was frightened but only for an instant. She met Patrick's gaze and smiled, "I know exactly who you are." she cooed.

"And I know who and what you and your mother are." Patrick snapped. "The both of you are nothing but high priced call girls except that your mother marries the man and then divorces him taking a good bit of his money with her. I'm only going to warn you once more, back off. Leave this class and go to Robertson's and stay the hell away from me and..."

He stopped himself; he was going to say Kevyn.

"What's wrong Patrick?" Melissa taunted, "You can't handle a real woman?"

Patrick froze.

"Miss Hunter, leave now."

"No, I paid for this class..."

"I said get the fuck out of my classroom." he growled.

"I'm going to report you for cursing at me." Melissa said as she gathered her things and walked out.

*******

Kevyn splashed her face with cold water and then dried it. What was wrong with her? "Patrick Sinclaire is what's wrong with me." She admitted and actually felt a little better. She washed her face again this time rinsing out her mouth before heading back to the room getting there just as Melissa was leaving.

Patrick was still sitting on the desk but didn't speak to her when she walked by. It didn't take her long to figure out that something had happened between him and Melissa while she was in the bathroom. She could see that he was angry just from the way that his entire body was tensed. What did the little bitch do this time?

"Umm Dr. Sinclaire?" Kevyn called.

Patrick slowly looked up at her through a filmy red haze.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

Patrick could hear the concern in her voice and willed her to say something else, anything; he needed to hear her voice again.

Kevyn looked around to see if anyone else had come in.

"Patrick?"

The red haze began to lighten and the tension began to leave his body but he was scared. He hadn't felt anger like that in over twenty-five years. What was it about that girl that could make him so angry? It wasn't just about what she was or what she was trying to do to him, there was something else about her.

Patrick looked at Kevyn and needed to touch her and to be touched if only for a moment. Even though he knew that someone could come in at any moment, Patrick reached for Kevyn, took her hands in his and just held them releasing them only when he heard someone coming down the hall.

"Thank you." he murmured to a confused Kevyn.

Kevyn went to her seat and numbly sat down fully aware that Patrick was watching her, his expression unreadable.

When the rest of the class minus Melissa had arrived, he passed out the tests giving Kevyn's to her last with a weak smile.

"You have the entire class time to take the test, take your time and don't second guess yourselves. When you're done you're free to go."

Patrick sat down and took out his laptop; he wanted to send an email to Eustace Matthews. He needed to be sure that he wasn't going to be a threat to Kevyn or any other woman for that matter.

*******

Melissa stormed out of the building to her car and tried to calm down. No one had ever spoken to her in the way that Patrick had and she didn't like it. But there was something else, for a few seconds it was as if he had become someone else and what did he mean when he told her that she had no idea of what he was capable of?

The alarm bells clanged again and she ignored them. Dr. Patrick Sinclaire was going to get a surprise visitor in his office. Tonight.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers
12