Pay It Forward Ch. 02

Story Info
You can really get to know someone when you care.
5.8k words
4.71
26.4k
11

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/21/2022
Created 02/12/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

Thank you all for reading Chapter One. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you find chapter 2 just as enjoyable. None of the characters in this story are real. They are solely figments in my own mind.

Please remember to vote and comment. IR2R

Shaun left his meeting with Kersh with a sense of accomplishment. The two men talked about several key factors that impeded these young men's growth. Kersh informed him that they had a functioning computer lab and classrooms at the facility. Most of the boy's classes were remote and televised. The local school district provided materials and instructors for the kids.

After talking with Kersh, Shaun planned to arrange tutors and purchased additional hardware and software for his charges. But before he made any arrangements, he wanted to speak with Judge Munoz to make sure he wasn't in violation with the mentoring program or any state guidelines.

He went to her office immediately after leaving WCDC and they talked. Judge Munoz was impressed. She knew MacGregor would serve well in this capacity, she just didn't expect him to take it to heart.

She explained to him that he could get the young men things they needed, but don't make empty promises. He scoffed at her. Then she smiled.

Shaun laughed and for the first time in all of the years he'd had faced this Judge, he realized she was a decent woman. Standing at the end of their brief meeting, Shaun shook her hand and went home.

Over a few weeks, Shaun ordered e-readers, laptops, and through materials for all three charges. The electronic devices would be kept under lock and key in the supervisor's office, but the three young men would have access to them when needed. He even arranged to visit with them twice a week. One visit was to talk to them about etiquette, behaviors, and life skills; the other visit was a chance for the boys to discuss what issues or needs they had.

After arranging the help the boys needed, Shaun kept his word and visited twice weekly. Soon, the young men opened up to him and seemed to be ready to reintegrate with the world. A few months passed, and Shaun wanted permission for an off site visit. Kersh wasn't so sure, so Shaun wanted to convince him and Judge Munoz that this was a good idea.

The first few weeks that Shaun visited, all three young men were reclusive. They were polite, and he had to goad them into interacting with him. The level of distrust they displayed was almost insurmountable. However, Shaun understood, and he kept talking, and eventually they grew to trust him.

He engaged them with topics he thought might interest them. He asked questions to help them open up. He even would just sit quietly, and neither of them would talk at all. He visited with them individually and also as a group. Kersh, had new occupants arriving, so eventually the three boys ended up in the same section.

This was perfect, because now they could interact with each other. Since they all worked with Shaun, they knew each other. Their friendship grew and the three of them grew to respect each other even more.

Shaun encouraged them to socialize with each other. Often, they ended up helping each other out. Both Kevin and Daren took extra care of Gianni. He was the youngest and needed protection the most.

Even though, the three didn't interact with others at the facility, the three for some reason seemed to bind and form a tight unit. It didn't happen overnight, but eventually all three boys grew to trust their mentor.

After his first few visits, he spent time with Gianni and for the first time saw glimpses of the young boy buried inside the solemn young man. The first time Shaun heard him laugh, it was at some antic Darren and Kevin pulled.

He smiled. The guys looked so carefree and happy, that he hated for the day to end. But like all the other times, his visit ended and they had to return to their rooms. Shaun was amazed at how attached he'd become to these boys. He hated leaving them. He wondered if they could leave the facility, even if it was only one day.

True to his word, he visited and spent time with them twice a week. Slowly they began to trust him. Kevin was the hardest. He was extremely antisocial and as a victim of abuse, had a hard time trusting anyone. It seemed the only peop le he trusted were Darren and Gianni. He respected Kersh, and eyed Shaun warily.

On one visit, Shaun decided to try and get Kevin to open up. Although, it was hard, He managed to get him to talk about his life before the death of his parents. When asked about the foster homes, Kevin shut down. But Shaun knew of the abuse he'd suffered. It angered him every time he thought of it. At the end of his visit, he reminded him once again that no one would ever hurt him like that again.

After a few more visits, and more time had passed, Kevin responded with a simple. "Thank you."

Shaun was overjoyed, because he'd finally gotten through his barriers. Now, he could really help them. After the first few weeks, Shaun had Darren to read the card he'd given him the first time they'd met. After Darren read it, he was so quiet, so still. It was as if he was frozen.

"Mr. MacGregor, I owe you an apology. I was out of line and I know better. It's just that no one, other than my sister has ever..." Darren took a deep breath and looked him in the eye. "If you will help me, I want to do better. I want a chance at a decent life."

Shaun smiled and he wanted to embrace this brave young man, but he knew it would make him uncomfortable. So he patted his shoulder and said, "Darren, for every step you take, I'm right there with you son, right there." He promised, and just like that, a friendship was formed.

Shaun wondered, if the boys could leave the center. He was determined to take all three young men from the facility for at least one day. He wrote a proposal and presented it to Judge Munoz, hoping his argument was enough to sway her decision in his favor. In his proposal, he highlighted how important it was to expose them to real life situations. They could visit his office, and some of the local manufacturing plants, concluding the day with dinner at his home with Delia and Michal.

Judge Munoz read his proposal and told him to give her some time to consider it. Shaun was ready to argue, when she reminded him that she didn't say No, just that she needed time. So for the next week, Judge Munoz consulted with their social workers, Mr. Kersh, and the youth court official that sentenced them and saw no reason to not grant them the day.

She planned to call Shaun Monday morning, when she got a call about a disturbance involving one of the young me. She called Shaun immediately. Shaun was at home with his wife when Judge Munoz called, and he was greatly alarmed. He wanted to go straight to the center, but the judge asked him to wait until Monday.

Shaun agreed, but his worry for his three boys caused him a restless night. Shaun called into the office and explained that he'd be delayed. He then called Judge Munzo to find out what she knew of the incident. Then he reported straight to the WCDC and directly to Kersh's office. Kersh was not surprised to see him. He knew MacGregor had a vested interest in the boys.

"Darren struck one of the correctional officers yesterday when he ordered his sister to leave. I spoke with Officer Klaus, and he claims the attack was unprovoked. We are investigating, and we will get to the bottom of this." Kersh assured him.

"Let me see him. Where's Darren?" Shaun demanded. He knew something wasn't right. If Darren struck the guard, something had to cause the reaction.

"He's in isolation. He refuses to talk to anyone, Mr. MacGregor. He will not want to see you." Kersh explained.

"Mr. Kersh, just ask him. Please, let me at least try to talk to him." Shaun pleaded.

"I'll try." Kersh promised and left Shaun waiting in his office. What seemed like an hour passed, before Kersh returned and told Shaun that Darren refused to see him or anyone.

Hurt, and almost desperate, Shaun wanted to check on Kevin and Gianni. Kersh, granted permission and eventually both young men were brought to him

"They're wrong, Mr. MacGregor. Darren didn't do anything." Gianni sobbed. Devastated to see his friend cuffed and dragged to isolation, Gianni was clearly shaken. "He was mad, but the guard..." Inhaling he continued. "He got in his face. Klaus made Clemmie leave."

Kevin then picked up the tale, "She was hurt, Mr. MacGregor. That's what set him off, then Klaus made grabbed her..." Kevin stopped, fighting back the emotions fighting to consume him.

Shaun knew he couldn't do much, but he had to try. "Listen, let me talk with Kersh. I'll try to fix this. You boys, don't worry." He pleaded.

But even as he spoke, he saw Kevin and Gianni shut down, sliding back behind the protective shields they wore. He'd made so much progress, and could not lose them now.

After talking to his two boys and learning that something happened to Clemmie, it became even more imperative that he talk to Darren. Walking to the area that Darren was being held in, Shaun was determined to speak with his charge.

When he entered, Darren turned away from him. He felt he'd disappointed him and right now he couldn't deal with a lecture. He knew the guards would have told him about the fight he'd gotten into. Besides Kersh, this man was the only one he trusted and if he was finished with him, it was hopeless.

"Darren, let me help. Tell me what's wrong, and if I can fix it I will?" Shaun pleaded.

Darren didn't respond. His sister was in trouble and he couldn't help. "Darren, I've got your back. You know this. Tell me, please, son."

"Mr.MacGregor, you're cool and all but you can't fix this." Darren whispered. "When I get out..."

"What, Darren?" Shaun asked. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. She's all I've got Mr. MacGregor. If I wasn't in here, I could protect..." Darren stopped as he tried to get control of his tumultuous emotions.

"He put his hands on my sister. He hit her. She tried to lie for him, but..." Darren explained, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Darren, no one, and I mean no one will touch Clemmie again. I promise. I'll protect her for you, alright." Shaun promised, furious and frightened for the young man in front of him. Soon he had to go, but not before he managed to convince Kersh to let Darren return to his room.

Driving home, Shaun replayed this current visit over in his mind. When he started this, it was a way to help some wayward boys, now it had become so much more. He needed to scream, vent. This wasn't right. Then as he drove into his yard, he thought of her, his love. She was the one person that could help soothe the anger raging deep within. He needed Delia.

"Ah, so I finally get to see my husband after so many weeks alone." Delia teased him as he walked in. Shaun looked at his raven hair beauty and smiled. Even after 23 years of marriage, she stole his breath.

At forty-three, Delia was as stunningly beautiful as she was twenty-five years earlier. At five feet four, thick raven hair and the biggest blue eyes he'd ever seen, Shaun could never get enough of her. Slowly she walked to him and he embraced her. He had to hold her to wash away the issues he'd faced today.

He remembered the first time he saw her. He was working at a local gas station when she walked in with her friends. She had such a horrible attitude, Shaun felt obligated to bring her down a few pegs.

She left the store amongst threats of having him fired. He shrugged it off, because he had two other jobs anyway. For some reason he couldn't stop thinking about the raven haired beauty that stormed into his work space days before.

One night, while working the night shift, Shaun heard the door chime. He looked up, and there she stood, he object of his musings.

"You didn't have to be so short with me the other day." She complained.

Shaun just stood there smiling. She was too adorable, but he knew he didn't stand a chance with someone like her.

"Little girl," he admonished her. "Shouldn't you be at home; tucked away safely in bed?" Shaun asked. "Where are your buddies? They let you come here alone?" he continued his teasing.

Delia smiled, "I am over eighteen, and I'm grown." She answered cheekily. "I can come and go as I please."

"Well, Ms." Shaun paused when he realized he didn't even know her name.

"Delia, Delia Lang-Phillips." She introduced herself to the one man she couldn't stop thinking about.

Well, Ms. Delia. I'm Shaun MacGregor, happy to meet you." He answered smiling. His green eyes twinkling, as his delicious black hair drooped over his right eye giving him a sexy bad boy look.

Delia wondered if his hair was as soft as it looked. She had a desire to just reach up and caress his midnight locks.

She was eighteen when they met, and he soon learned who she was, who her family was. Shaun believed she was out of his league. After learning that her father was one of the richest men in the state, Shaun decided to cool things off with Delia. He wondered if he was just a chance for her to go slumming, date someone daddy wouldn't approve of.

So, they dated for a couple of months, then suddenly Shaun stopped calling. He changed jobs, so she wouldn't find him at the gas station. He decided to go on with his life. Spoil little princesses weren't right for a guy like him.

A month later, while working at his second job as cook and dishwasher at a local diner, his boss ordered him to the office. A man was waiting to talk to him. The gentleman didn't need to introduce himself, because one look in his blue eyes, Shaun knew who he was.

"Mr. Phillips, How can I help you, sir?" Shaun asked nervously.

"So you're Shaun MacGregor, the whelp that broke my daughter's heart. Give me one good reason I shouldn't beat you senseless right now?" he demanded.

"Mr. Phillips, sir, Delia doesn't need somebody like me. She's beautiful." He stammered. "She can have any man she wants, not some broken down loser who is nobody." Shaun answered ashamed of who he was. His self-deprecation upset the much older gentleman.

"Now you listen," he fumed. "For some unexplained reason, Delia likes you MacGregor and I think for you to walk away then you must care about her too. She is a special and wonderful girl, and I will not have her heart crushed."

Shaun looked at him, shocked. "Listen son, you work two and sometimes three jobs. You take care of yourself and won't take handouts. My little girl sees something in you and you know what I see it too. You see, I did my homework on you, MacGregor." Mr. Phillips explained.

Shaun was stunned, her Dad knew about his life. He stared as Mr. Phillips kept talking. "I know you've been on you own for the last five years. You're twenty years old and completely on your own. I like the get up and go spirit you possess. Most men would have crumbled, you didn't. You want to earn the right to date my daughter, and then let me help you. I'll teach you, and give you the help you need to succeed. But you will do the work to get there, understand."

Shaun smiled at the memory of how his father-in-law took him under his wings. Soon he realized that his wife was speaking.

"Shaun, how was the visit with the young men you are mentoring?" Delia asked interrupting his thoughts.

Shaun looked at his wife and smiled. "You know," he answered. "It's my turn to pay back what your Dad did for me, Delia. Those young men have so much potential and I want to help them accomplish something wonderful?" Then he embraced his love, kissing her gently on the temple.

In the past four months, Shaun really understood the young men. They were all fighters, tough, and had a strength that would carry them through life. Each week, he spent extra time with each of the young men. All three earned his respect, because they'd surpassed so many obstacles.

Then Shaun thought about Darren. Darren was special to Shaun. Out of all three men, he had the most challenges. He was older than most of the detainees; he was a black male; and he had anger issues. The only time Darren softened was when he talked about his sister, Clemmie. After meeting the boys' months earlier, Shaun actually took time to learn about Darren's sister. She was a year older than him and served as his protector when they were children. As they grew and Darren grew larger, the roles reversed. However, Darren got involved with the wrong crowd and serious consequences resulted.

Even though Clemmie did all she could to protect her brother; he was remanded to the detention center because of his outburst. Shaun was aware that each Saturday, she came to visit her brother. Since he'd started mentoring the three young men, Darren had introduced his sister to Gianni and Kevin as well. All three young men loved his sister and now considered her family.

Clemmie, like Darren, didn't do well in school, so Shaun decided to remedy that. He knew exactly who to ask to take the young woman under her wings.

Delia looked at her husband and the canary grin he wore. "What is it? You want something." She stated. Delia knew that Shaun cared about these three young men, and if he wanted something, it had to do with his charges.

"One of the boys has a sister. I want to help her and was wondering if you would meet her for me and tell me your thoughts about her." Shaun asked.

Delia smiled, "Gladly, what's her name?"

"Clementine Kingston" Shaun stated. "She's Darren's sister. They had different fathers so that's why they have different last names. She lives in the Center Town, and works as a CNA, certified nursing assistant. Until Darren was sent away, she worked to support them both, and he protected her from the local element in the neighborhood. However, today when I talked to him, I sensed something is wrong." Shaun stopped.

"I don't want you to go to her house. I'll arrange for you to meet her at her job. But, honey, I need to know if she's in trouble. If something happens to her, it will destroy Darren, so to save him I must protect his sister." He exhaled. "Are you sure, you are willing to do this?"

"Sweetheart, of course I will do it. I'll take Michal with me. But for now, I want time with my husband, I missed him. So," sliding her hands inside his jacket and pushing it from his shoulders.

"What does a girl have to do to get some? Hmmm?" She tiptoed and kissed his lips. Shaun's body hardened as Delia awoke a need so strong that he almost roared.

"Bedroom, naked, now!" he demanded as his sexy wife sauntered away living him drooling after her.

Shaun never tired of loving his wife. He knew her hot spots, how to make her scream, and made sure she came at least twice before he did. Tonight was no different. She needed him but he needed his woman just as badly.

She would try anything in the way of sex just to please him as he would for her. He still felt that same way about her as if they had just met. He had plenty of women that chased after him, wanting him to bed them, but his real love was now his only love and he had no need to look for another. She was still his dream woman.

Delia loved her husband. Despite current trends, he was the only man she'd given herself too. Each time they made love, it was as magnificent as the first time. Shaun took care of her. He always made sure she reached completion before him.

As she reached their bedroom, she turned and watched her husband enter. Shaun was one gorgeous male specimen. He stood at six feet, broad shoulder, black hair peppered with gray at the temples, a squared jaw sprinkled with the dust of a black beard and thick black eyebrows. Black eyelashes surrounded the greenest eyes.

"Lose the suit." She whispered, and Shaun slowly undressed of his woman as the heat of desire in her eyes scorched his skin.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers
12