Pleasing Mr. Welston Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course, is everything ok?"

"It's just some info I had a guy looking into for me." I said trying not to answer her question.

We pulled over and switched places. Silence filled the car as she drove and I read. The more and more information I read about this supposed client of my wife's they more pissed I got. I tried calling Cara agai a few times, but continued to get her voicemail. I also sent a message to Demian and Greg to call me with an update asap.

"Mark please tell me what's going on. I know what's going on with Ruth is none of my business, but Cara is my best friend and I love her. I deserve to know if she's ok and by the look on your face and the fact that we are hauling ass back home, I'm thinking everything is very much not ok.

"Cara is following her mom trying to get info, that you know, what you didn't know is this client of Ruth's is bad news. He's into some really bad shit. In fact he's the guy heading up a load of bad shit and if Cara gets anywhere near this guy and he finds out she's taking pictures... it won't matter to him that it's just too give me proof of an affair. I'm just praying my guys find her before she gets there."

"You've made a lot of calls and no one is calling back are they?" Concern laced her voice.

"No Casey they haven't." I said and I could feel an icy calm come over me. There was a lot I wasn't telling Casey, a lot she didn't need to know and a lot that could put her in a world of trouble if she did know. Thinking about Cara I tried to tell myself that no news didn't necessarily mean bad news, but I also knew bad shit always came out of situations like this. I had learned that in the military. The thing I knew most of all was that if anything happened to Cara the last thing my wife's lover would ever see would be a hell worse than he could ever imagine raining down on him.

12