Point Hollow Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I can tell you this." said Fire Chief Quinlin. "Long before the EMS was done away with, we created a position in the Fire Department called the 'Fire Medic'. These positions were not First Responders; they were like combat medics that went into the fires and gave emergency treatment, and helped bring firemen out of danger situations. For example, EMTs would not have gone in after Roy Easley, but Fire Medics would have if they were on the scene that night. I'm looking into expanding the Fire Medics to be able to be first responders as well as going into dangerous situations."

"Chief," said Commander Zoe Singer, "we've had this conversation: we're on the verge of the Federal Department of Labor coming after us, and if you expand the Fire Medics, the Feds will say it's a replacement for the EMTs... and they'll allow the fired EMTs to sue as well as to be able to get unemployment and other benefits."

Quinlin looked upset at Zoe for bringing that up, but she was independent of him as our Internal Affairs was independent... and she had no fear anyway. I liked that about her.

"My point," said Quinlin, "is that the Fire Medics existed before all of that EMT business happened. It's pre-existing, or ex post facto, or whatever you want to call it. I consulted with the City Attorney's office, and they agree with me that this might be our way past the Feds."

"But it would still give the EMTs the legal opening they need. They can still sue in Federal Court, especially if the Federal DOJ or DOL backs them up." said Deputy Sheriff Charles T. Oswald. "Yeah, you might win, Chief Quinlin, but you could just as easily lose."

"That's true." said Sheriff Allgood. "So, Patrick, who are you going to nominate for the next Assistant Fire Chief?"

"Since the Fire Marshal here has said she's happy where she is," Quinlin said, causing Zoe to nod vigorously, "I'm considering some of our Battalion Chiefs and Superintendents. Not sure yet, though."

Part 14 - Lost and Found

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted Bettina from in front of University Hospital at 7:00am, Wednesday, May 4th. Star Wars Day. May the Fourth be with you.

"Channel Two News has learned that in their meeting last night, the Town & County has made a stunning decision to contract out their Emergency Medical First Responder Services to University Hospital!" Bettina said. "The decision will be ratified with the Second Reading of the Bill next week. The vote was 9-1, with Councilman Thomas P. Cook the lone dissenting vote. Sources tell Channel Two News that the Council acted out of concern that Citizens were beginning to be fearful that proper First Responder treatment might not be available when needed."

"And in other news, the five students that had disappeared but have been since found alive are recovering at University Hospital, and most of them may be released very soon. One student, Sherry Kim, is reported to still be traumatized, and is being evaluated and treated by psychiatrists. One student remains missing."

"Guess what you and Theo get to do today, Mr. Parker." I said as we drank our coffee.

"Uh, interview students?" guessed Teddy Parker.

"Yes, that is the correct answer." I said. "Take someone to videotape the interviews, as well."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was wrapping up the 'Detective Fiction' meeting when my Police cellphone rang. It was Teddy Parker at the Hospital.

"Sir!" he said, "the FBI is here and they're refusing to let us talk to the students."

"I'll be right there." I said. I had Cindy come with me, making sure she had her armor on, as did I. And crowbars, of course.

It was one of those rare moments when I burned the blue lights and drove like a bat out of hell across Town to get to the Hospital. I parked in the 'authorized vehicles only' area, and Cindy and I went inside and up the elevator.

My wife Laura met us at the elevator. "Don't do anything rash, guys." she said. "They're just following orders."

"We'll see about that." I said. I strode down he hall, Cindy following, both with crowbars at the ready. We came upon Teddy, Theo, and Sr. Patrolman Morton, the videographer. Two men in suits were not only blocking the door, but trying to confiscate Morton's camera.

"What in the heck is going on here?" I demanded to know as I came up.

"These guys won't let us through, and they're trying to steal our camera." said Parker.

"We're the FBI." said one of the Agents. "We have orders to prevent anyone but FBI Agents from speaking to these patients. And we also have orders to confiscate any cameras filming us."

"Who is your supervisor?" I thundered. They remained silent. "Look, bozos, I am the Police Commander in this County, and an FBI Consultant as well. You had better start answering some questions, or I'll have the two of you arrested. Who is your supervisor?"

"Special Agent in Charge Clark Webster, chief of the Missing Persons Bureau in the City." said one Agent.

"All right, Captain, we're going to go in and interview Mr. Stone here." I said. We were in front of his room. "If these guys try to stop us, show them no mercy in beating them down with your crowbar. If they draw guns, Officers, shoot them dead." I moved towards the door. The Agent moved to block me, Cindy raised her crowbar, and Parker drew his gun.

"Hold on, hold on." came a voice from down the hall. The FBI Deputy Director himself was striding down the hall. "They're just following orders, Commander."

"I don't care. They'd better get out of my way, sir." I said, and not in a friendly voice.

"May I see you a moment, Commander? Privately?" asked the DepDirector.

"No sir, you may not." I said with alacrity. "Not until I have interviewed these five kidnapped students. And I will interview them, if I have to shed your Agents' blood to get my mission done."

I could feel the power of the man as he tried to reach into my brain and force his will upon me. This time, however, he was up against someone who was pissed off, tired of the games, and exerting my own will. He could see it in my eyes, as well.

"I can see you're upset." the DepDirector said. "Guys, let these police officers interview the patients." The FBI Agents walked away from the door and down the hall, like automatons. "Commander, would you come to the Federal Building after you're done?"

"How about Dr. Fredricson's office? Neutral ground." I said, then added "If she will allow it, of course." Laura just nodded.

"Good enough." said the DepDirector.

"William," said Laura, taking his arm and leading him down the hall, "why don't I get you some coffee and we'll head on back to my office..."

Cindy and the Officers were just looking at me, and my partner's face had a look of stunned amazement. "Don, did you really just bust the FBI Deputy Director's chops?"

"I'm getting tired of being treated like a mushroom, Crowbar 2." I said. "Okay, Teddy, I'm going to lead the interviews. Come on in..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The interviews will be somewhat condensed here for brevity. First was Jason 'Big Jake' Stone. He was a handsome young man with a very fit, muscular body, and he reminded me of my nephew Todd and the other well-hung young studs like Sean and Ryan in that one could sense his virility. It did not take a great feat of detection to know that Jake Stone was getting a lot of pussy.

"I don't remember much." said Jake. "We were doing two things out there. We were collecting samples for Sherry and her professor, and we were doing a cinematic arts project for Annemarie. She was filming Sherry and I taking samples, and we were flirting... uh, the plot of Annemarie's film?... she wanted me to have sex with her, with Natalie, and with Sherry, and she'd decide which one worked best for her project."

"With Sherry?" I asked. "Was she sexually active?"

"No sir." said Jake. "That was the story line. I was going to take her virginity."

"What about Danny?" I asked.

"Huh!" Jake exclaimed with disgust. "That fucking twerp? He'd been trying to hit that for a long time, and couldn't get the job done. Sherry was very eager to go along with Annemarie's project, especially in front of Danny."

"So," I said, "We know you and Natalie had sex, and you and Annemarie were having sex in the Hollow. What about Sherry?"

"Oh yeah." said Jake. "I did her first, right about sunset. Annemarie and Jeff were both filming it. After taking the samples, we went back to the tents, and Sherry and I started making out. We got out of our clothes, and laid down a blanket, and I got on top of Sherry. She's really hot for an Asian girl, and I was hot for her. So I popped her cherry and fucked her. Made her come her very first time, too."

"And this was filmed?" I asked. Jake affirmed it.

"And how did Danny take all this?"

"He was really pissed off. He was begging Sherry to stop, to not do it." Jake said. "Annemarie is pretty tall, taller than Danny, and she threatened to beat him up and cut off his nuts if he interfered. Then Sherry told Danny to go away, that she was going to give me her cherry. I thought all that was part of the script, at first. But then Danny left in a huff.

"Did you see where he went?" I asked.

"No, I was too busy fuck------ er, making love to Sherry." Jake said. "And after I came inside Sherry, Danny wasn't there. We made supper, then I had sex with Natalie, and Jeff got sloppy seconds with her."

"So what happened to you afterwards?" I asked.

"I... don't remember." Jake said. "We went down into the Hollow after dark, and I had sex with Annemarie on camera.... no, it was Natalie filming it... well, she filmed for a while, then she set the camera down and left. Annemarie was really into it, so I concentrated on her and gave her all I had, then finally came inside her... yeah, I took a Viagra. Hell, not even John Holmes could keep up with three hot women like that, especially Sherry. I was going to spend the night with her in her tent... but... I don't remember..."

"So the last thing you remember is having sex with Annemarie?" I asked.

"Yeah, I came in her and I was about to get up off her... and... I...." It was clear he could not remember.

"Did you hear a scream, or any other loud noises?" I asked.

"When I was fucking Natalie..." Jake said, "... there was a strange scream from the woods. It was... weird... but there wasn't anything there... we went down there... we were going to film the scene with Annemarie..." I could see Jake was becoming agitated, but it didn't help his memory.

"Just take it easy." I said. "Don't try too hard and it'll come back on its own. Just one more question: who was supposed to pick you guys up, and when?"

"Uhhh..." said Jake. "I don't remember... we were going to call..." He shook his head, as if it wasn't coming to him.

"If you remember that, please give me a call." I said, leaving my card on his bedside table. We all left the room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Wow, that seriously changes things." Cindy said as we went into the hall. "Danny might not have been there at all, or he was hiding somewhere."

"Or my theory," I said, "which is that one of the vehicles stayed there, and Danny drove it back, stranding the others. But that opens a whole new slew of questions. Let's talk to Jeff next."

Jeff Slake didn't add much. He said that he was helping Natalie and Annemarie with filming, that he watched Jake pop Sherry's cherry and then have some really hot sex. Danny got pissed and he, Jeff, was helping Annemarie stop Danny from interfering with Sherry and Jake... Sherry was really into Jake, and Jeff thought some of it was Sherry's pleasure in tormenting Danny... then Jake fucked Natalie and after they were done Jeff fucked Natalie to get sloppy seconds, which he liked a lot. He didn't know if Annemarie filmed him, Jeff, with Natalie.

No, Danny had walked off... didn't see him again... as far as Jeff knew, they were going to call to have the van come and get them on Sunday... the last thing he remembered was Natalie on top of him, fucking in their tent... he'd heard a scream when Jake was fucking Natalie... no... no more screams... but he heard what sounded like someone walking outside the tents while Natalie was fucking him... no, just nothing after that...

Natalie Jenkins seemed a bit more alert than the others when we went to her room. She confirmed that they'd been taken out in a couple of vans... no, the vans had left... no, Sherry was supposed to call for them to be picked up on Sunday... yes, they filmed Jake and Sherry making love, and they were really hot and going at it, then Jake fucked her, Natalie, then Jeff was all hot to get sloppy seconds, so she let him... yes, she filmed Annemarie and Jake, and Annemarie was really into it... yes, she put the camera down and went back to camp and had more sex with Jeff... she'd heard a scream while Jake was fucking her, and it was really spooky... no, she heard nothing else like that... yes, she was having sex with Jeff, then the next thing she knew she was being put into an ambulance in a town called Rome, and she was really groggy and out of it...

Last, and certainly not least, was Annemarie. Though still in physical pain, she was ready to be discharged from the Hospital. She was a very beautiful young woman with her black hair and very pretty face. What is it about raven-haired women that attracts me so much, I wondered, thinking of Laura, Melina, Ivy, Ryan's mother Marlena...

"Look, I'll tell you the whole story, since I've heard of your reputation, Mr. Iron Crowbar." Annemarie said. Her eyes were looking at me with something resembling awe. "Sherry and I had been talking, and she needed to go get samples as part of her professor's study. I needed to make a short film, so we thought we would combine our work on one trip."

Annemarie continued: "Sherry had a crush on Jake, and to be honest, he was hot for her too. And she was getting tired of that little worm Danny. He'd asked her to marry him, even had bought a ring. She'd told him she wouldn't even think about things like that until she had graduated, but she knew she couldn't string him along any further... yes, that's right, she said she was stringing him along all that time. So, she wanted to find a way to break Danny off, and she thought making him watch while she gave her virginity to Jake would get the message across."

"So, we went out, set up camp, and Jake and Sherry were taking samples and flirting while I filmed it.... yeah, they were kissing a lot, making out... yeah, Danny saw it and he was getting upset... Jeff and Natalie were making sure he didn't get to talk to Sherry or mess with her... So we went back to camp, and Jake made love to Sherry. Danny was trying to get her to stop, and she said something about telling him to watch a real man pop her cherry... and then Jake got on Sherry and did it, he deflowered her right there in front of us with the cameras rolling...

"Uh, no, I only had the one videocamera... it was on there, close to the beginning... yeah, the camera Natalie was using to film Jake fucking me in the forest. I was thinking of editing it to be something like the 'Antichrist' scene, but that wasn't original so I was thinking I'd have to do something else with it... we were thinking of having Jake dress up as 'Slender Man' and come and fuck me, maybe take the unclothed Jake's place and I'd edit that in, but we'd have to go home and get his suit and stuff...

"So yeah, we filmed Jake and Sherry making love, and I do mean making love, Jake was really hot for Sherry and she was into him, it was really beautiful to see... no, Danny had walked away from us... I don't know, never saw him again that day or that night... the last thing I remember is having a mind-blowing orgasm when Jake was fucking me under that big tree... then he came in me and was getting off and... no, don't remember anything after that... yeah, I had what I thought were weird dreams that there was a lot of shouting and I was being fucked again and again... no, it was a lot more dreamlike, I wasn't really awake for it...

"Who was supposed to come get us? Gosh, I don't know... I think Sherry was going to call to have the van come back and at least take the samples back on Sunday...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Get that video into the evidence servers, pronto." I said, once we were back in the hall. "I'm going to be studying those interviews over and over. I'd caution all of you to make no theories until we get all the facts."

"That was mindblowing stuff in there." Cindy said, the gears in her head turning a million miles a minute.

"Sir," said Parker, "should we put out an APB for Danny Cantrell... and as a suspect instead of a missing person?"

"Uh, not yet." I said. "He's being searched for as it is. Okay guys, y'all can go back to Headquarters. I'm going to my wife's office."

"Invite the FBI to the Police Boxing Matches." Cindy said. "I want to whip their asses as much as you do right now."

Part 15 - Formulating Answers

I called ahead and Laura answered. "Hi Darling. Listen, he had to leave, and it was for legitimate reasons. That's me telling you that darling, it was legitimate. He did say Jack Muscone would come to your Headquarters later today, and to please not hurt him... Yes, I think he underestimated how pissed off you are..."

So I went back to Headquarters. The MCD was buzzing. I 'invited' Parker, Masters, Washington, and Ross to my office.

"So, guys," I said, "You'll have to catch up by listening to us, Coldiron, but I wanted to hear what the rest of you thought.

"Those interviews changed everything." said Cindy. I wanted the Detectives to hash on this one, so I asked Parker and Washington to give me their thoughts.

"Sir," said Teddy Parker, "I'm still processing it all, and I want to see the tapes of those interviews again. For me, Danny Cantrell has turned into a suspect. Maybe he left, called for help, then went back and abducted the rest of them."

"Way too many holes in the argument that Danny is the creep." I said. "First, he left his cellphone in one of the tents, so how did he call for help? Second, it was his vomit and blood found at the scene where Sherry and Annemarie were raped. So if we'd come across five or six people dead of gunshot wounds, I'd say Danny was the cause of a murder-suicide. But I don't think that's the case."

Theo Washington said "That was pretty brutal, how they acted towards Danny. Reminds me of that Jimmy Tolson case... why would he hang around with people treating him like shit like that?"

"Especially after Sherry herself teased him, then cuckolded him." said Cindy.

"I've got a question." said Lt. Masters. "From what I've been told so far, all four of the ones you talked to lost their memories right about the same time. Sherry Kim is still too traumatized to talk with us, but I'd like to know where she was and what she was doing at the moment the rest of them went blank."

"Good thought." I said. "Keep that up and I'll put you in the MCD Lieutenant position."

"Don't threaten the poor guy." Cindy replied, and everyone laughed.

"Okay," I said, "Seriously, that's a good thought. Danny wasn't seen in any of the videos. For that matter, we don't have the video of Sherry and Jake. Did you guys check on that?"

"Oh you bet, sir." Cindy said. "I've got the Crime Lab re-examining all the tapes and cellphones, as well as the rest of the stuff we collected there. It's digital, not tape, so we're looking for any media storage devices. Having said that, I would've thought we'd have found something the first time through."

"Hmmm..." I said. "Okay, anything else?"

"On behalf of everyone here," Cindy said, "what do you think of this, Commander?"