Police Training Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nic, you're a criminal. I'm a cop. That's not putting fam..."

He stops her midsentence. "I am not a criminal. I have no convictions on my record. No arrests either. I am a business man in good standing with the community."

"A businessman, who does illegal things, and hasn't gotten caught. Yet." He's not gonna swindle his way outta this one. Everyone knows of the Kerchenko crime family. A wisp of a thought crosses her mind: If she had known who he was, known what he looked like, this horrible night would never have happened. She suppresses it. Without that first wicked night, she might not have made it through school. She's masturbated a lot to her memories of that one encounter, even after she knew who he was. It was really great sex. They do fit together on a physical level.

He doesn't respond, but a hint of a smile plays across his face. Nic continues eating his dinner until Lizzy asks a simple question, opening the door to a deeper discussion. "So you don't do anything to please your family?"

"I didn't say that. I just don't make it my default reaction. If my family wants something, like to use my office for example, if it's available, I'll let them have it. But if I'm planning on using it, I won't rearrange my whole schedule to appease them. I don't automatically say yes to everything they ask for. Why did you leave the army, Lizzy? Did you truly not enjoy it, or did you think your family was disappointed in you?"

"My family wasn't disappointed me." He's not exactly insulting my family, but he's treading on the border. "They just missed me."

"So, again I ask. Did you leave the Army because you wanted to, or because you wanted to please your family?"

"I don't know. It's not that easy to answer. Why should you care anyway?"

"I care very much. You said you don't default to appease your family. I was just asking some questions about it. Because if you do, then we have no chance, because your family will never approve. But I know you have strength inside you. If you follow your heart, and not you default reaction, then we might have a chance to be together. So you see it is very important to me."

She just stares at him for the longest time. Just stares. "You talk like that's an actual possibility. Us. Together. There is no 'us', Nic. There can't be. And you barely know me. How can you be sure this 'us' you talk of is even real."

"This is America. Everything is possible. And fate wouldn't have placed you in my life, if it didn't have something planned for us. I know you are strong, and smart, and beautiful. I know you see the world through suspicious eyes, yet you retain your innocence and joy of life. You haven't turned to alcohol or drugs to drown you emotions, as some cops do. I know you challenge me. I know you surprise me. I know you satisfy me. I also know your core gets wet just being near me. I believe you were made for me. And I was made for you. The only way to prove or disprove that theory is to be together and see where it leads us."

"How can you be so blithe about this? To think that we can be a... a possibility, even knowing my family would kill you, perhaps even literally."

"I'm a gypsy. We take life as it comes. Challenges are not roadblocks, like so many cultures believe, but opportunities for those willing and strong enough to see the potential and grab it with both hands. Good things come from challenges."

The rest of dinner is spent in small talk. He doesn't push her, just lets her mull it over. When the waiter comes to remove the empty plates, Nic orders a Shiraz to go with the dessert. He fills up both glasses with wine, and the two of them go to explore the rest of the event together.

They start over in the silent auction room, their previous bids already obsolete. They discuss the value of different items, each one judging the others style and sense of fun. They make new bids on items of interest, and look for names they recognize, to see what their friends are bidding on.

They are just entering the next room with the tables of charities looking for specific donations when they are called to the stage again. Nic growls softly into her ear. "Pie, my favorite!"

This time she blushes and goes for a pressure point on his wrist. "You are incorrigible!" She tries pinching the nerve, but he pulls his hand away.

He stares down at her, his eyes darkening. "You do remember what happens when you try to do that? Those rules haven't changed since last time."

"You wouldn't dare!" She's squaring off against him, before she sees her family members watching them intently. They know something just happened.

He sees it too. Nic relaxes his stance. "How about we just agree on 'I owe you ten' and continue on. I know if I spank your ass up on that stage, I will have to have you again. Hell and every red-haired relative on Earth couldn't stop me." Lizzy swallows and just nods, realizing how close she came to something. Not sure what that something was, but it would have been glorious. Shit. She can't keep doing this.

The couples are seated at the tables up on the stage again; while photographers are taking positions below for the big reveal. All the other tables in the room have been removed, creating a large empty dance floor. Ten waiters come out, each with a silver domed tray. They put on a theatrical performance for the audience and the couples. The over-exaggerated flourish as they lift the top off. The grand viewing of the dessert, shown to each of the couples, and then to the audience. When the dessert is served, each single slice is placed on a pure white plate with silver trim, and perfect scoop of ice cream on the side. A little something extra to garnish it: fruit, chocolate, a sauce, nuts, whatever the chef felt went best with the dessert. The guests are served, and the ten waiters leave the stage, only to return a minute later with ten more desserts.

The third time is our turn. I try to remain calm, knowing the cameras are on us. The waiter does his job to perfection. My rhubarb raspberry pie is steaming hot, as it's presented. First it's shown to me, then to Nic, then the audience. The cameras click away from below the stage. I'm served first, then Nic gets his slice. The waiter smartly turns and leaves the stage. I whisper, trying not to ruin the performance. "Can we eat this now, or do we have to wait for everyone else to get served?"

"It looks like everyone else is waiting." We're both looking around, judging what the other couples are doing.

I squinch up my nose. "I hate it when the ice cream melts all over everything."

Nic looks at me shocked. "If it'll keep you from ever making that face again, I say we eat it now." He grins at me and picks up his fork, waiting for me to follow his lead.

I pick up my fork and grin back at him. "You're such a rebel." He laughs and together we dig our forks into the warm homemade pie. We eat in silence for the first few bites. His face doesn't reveal anything. "Well, how do you like it?"

He purposefully takes another bite, savoring it before replying. "This is good, really good, but in all honesty, I enjoyed your pie more last time." His eyes never leave mine as he brings up the morning activities from our last encounter. I just stick my tongue out at him. We both laugh again. I hate to admit it, but I am more relaxed after the quickie in the broom closet. I wonder if it's just the hormones from sex, or if it's just because I'm here with him again.

We finish off the dessert, and most of the Shiraz before the food part of the evening is over. The waiter returns and tells Nic that the remainder of the pie will be boxed up. He just has to give his name to any waiter when he's ready to leave, and the waiter will get it for him. Nic thanks the man and tips him. Lizzy doesn't see the amount, but the waiter is very thankful.

Lizzy takes him to the bar area next so he can meet the board members. Her grampa used to be on the board, and the whole family is quite active in the charity, so she introduces him to the different members. He asks good questions and brings up pertinent points; he seems to be actually considering becoming a contributor to Big Brothers / Big Sisters. He meets someone he knows here, Reg Scott. They have a long talk about timing doohickeys, and agree to have a meeting next week.

We wander around again. "It's almost 10, what did you want to do next?"

He grins wickedly down at me. "You really can't ask me open ended questions like that? You'd just end up punching me again, or worse, using a pressure point. And we both know how that will end up."

Lizzy opens and closes her mouth several times, but no words come out. She blinks a few times. "Ummm, the next thing is dancing. Did you want to dance?"

"I want you again Lizzy. A few days. A weekend. Anything. I want to get you alone and do delicious things to you."

"Nic, no. You can't keep saying things like that."

"Why not. It's what I want. I have the right to speak of things I am passionate about. I want you, and I think you want me too. Just say yes, Lizzy. I'm not asking for a lifetime commitment. I want to be alone with you, so we can fuck and talk without being bothered by anyone or anything."

They enter the dance floor; Lizzy is pulling him along behind her. "Just dance, OK?"

"For now." He takes her in his arms and they weave their way among the other dancers, letting the music flow and dictate their moves. She realizes her mistake almost immediately. The closeness of his body and the tingle it causes in her core are almost overpowering. He moves in perfect unison with her, like they were one person.

Her reverie is broken suddenly when her older brother Malachi interrupts. "Excuse me, may I have this dance?" He's calm and polite, a big difference from all her other relatives tonight. Malachi was always the level-headed one. No matter how crazy things get, he is always calm and in command. If there were ever a zombie apocalypse or an alien invasion, my first stop would be Malachi's place.

Nic is first to respond. "I believe the pamphlet said the dancing lasted until 11:00."

I put my hand on his forearm. "It's OK, Mr. Kerchenko. It'll only be for one dance. Surely that's not against the rules." He looks down at me, then back to Malachi. He nods and offers my arm to my brother, before slipping off to give us some privacy.

"Are you OK?"

I roll my eyes. "Mal! We've been within sight of at least three Byrnes at all times. What exactly do you think he has had time to do to me tonight?" Don't think of the broom closet. Don't think of the broom closet.

"Liz! You know who he is. What he is. He's dangerous."

"Mal. He chose me to get a rise out of all you. He knew it would upset everyone. And you're playing right into his hands. He's laughing at us. I have one more hour, we're in the middle of a crowded ballroom, I was a Private First Class in the U.S. Army, and I'm a New York City Police Officer. Show me the respect I deserve, and go calm everyone the fuck down. Now take me back to him, and be polite when you hand me off."

He stares at me for the longest time. I dig a finger into his wrist until he swears at me. "OK OK OK! Jeez, I fucking hate when you do that."

"Spank me." Shit, that was an oops. Careful girl. He doesn't catch it though. He spots Nic with the couple he was sitting with when he bought me. We work our way over to them.

Nic watches us intently as we approach. The Malachi I know and love is back. "Mr. Kerchenko. It's a pleasure to meet you. Just one dance, as promised." The two men eye each other before Nic offers his hand. Mal doesn't miss a beat; he takes it and shakes it firmly. "See ya Sunday, Liz."

"Thanks, Mal." And just as suddenly, I'm back in the lion's den. Nic takes me back to the dance floor. "That was actually polite. What'd you do to him?"

I laugh. "Pressure point. His wrist."

"Bad girl. I should spank you." We dance easily for a while. I don't see my family anywhere. "Lizzy. You seem calmer. Have you decided?"

"Nic, can't you just enjoy the moment?"

"I could, if I knew there would be more moments later on. In less than an hour we separate, and if we don't make some arrangements now, I fear you'll slip out of my fingers again. I can only hope that fate might bring us together again, and I'd rather not wait another three years for a chance at a quickie."

He's right. When this is over it's not like we're going to bump into each other accidentally. I have to figure out what I want, and do it quickly. We dance easily together among the other couples. Nic keeps his hands in the proper places, and I find myself wishing for them on my ass, or cupping a breast. I shake my head, trying to dislodge the naughty images. I do want him again, even if it is a goodbye fuck. I know I'll regret it if I don't follow my heart. But in the back of my mind, I know this could be a very, very bad idea on so many levels.

"Yes." One word, whispered softly.

I know he heard it because he tenses up. He doesn't show anything visibly, but in his arms I can feel the change. We continue dancing like we're not planning something really bad. "Do you have a weekend off, or some vacation days you can use?"

"Actually I'm going Christmas shopping in Boston soon. You could meet me there?"

"When?"

"Not this Wednesday, but the next one. I have a room at a Holiday Inn booked from Wednesday through Friday. I'll drive back Saturday."

"Holiday Inn? Cancel the room, I'll make other arrangements."

"Just because I said yes, doesn't mean you get to order me around all of a sudden." In the back of her mind, she hasn't forgotten he's a dangerous man. She's not ready to be completely at his mercy.

He smiles down at her. "One, I'm not staying at a Holiday Inn if I can help it. Two, do you know how thin those walls are? The manager will be up repeatedly until he kicks us out anyway. Let me do this Lizzy, I won't hurt you. I promise."

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to get hurt anyway? So many things can go wrong with this. She takes a deep breath. "Fine. I'll cancel the hotel."

He smiles, happy with his small victory. "When are you leaving, and when were you coming back?"

Technicalities. "I work until 8AM on Wednesday, so maybe two hours to get home, shower, change, and leave. It's about a 3 ½ hour drive. Saturday is more flexible, I was planning on leaving after lunch sometime."

"OK. I can work with that. Let me do this for you. You won't be disappointed. I promise. What's your number? I'll text the details when I get them." I give him my number, he doesn't stop dancing as I do, then he repeats it back to me perfectly. "I'll let you know in a few days. Don't be nervous."

My nervous level just skyrocketed anyway. I just agreed to sex with Nikolai Kerchenko. Again. Well again-again...for the third time again. This is not going to end well. I just know it.

The remainder of the hour goes by swiftly. Nic asks if he should escort me to my table, but neither one of us thinks that would be a good idea, but he asked anyway. I thank him for the lovely evening and the donation to Big Brothers / Big Sisters. I remind him to pick up the rest of the dessert before he leaves. Then I just turn and walk away. He goes one way; I go the other. I end up in the bar and get a bottle of water to calm my nerves. Being drunk in front of the shit-storm my family is going to start when I return to the table is not a good idea.

I end up being a chicken-shit. I get Mrs. Dillan to escort me to my table to pick up my stuff and walk me out. She's this tiny little Italian lady, who has no problem voicing her many opinions, or butting in to sensitive situations she has no right to be in anyway. I told her I was still upset with the fiasco during bidding, and they had been accosting me all night, which is technically true, so she agrees to run interference for me and escort me out the building. Thank god for temperamental old ladies.

My family starts in on me as soon as I get to the table, Mrs Dillan shuts them down completely. I try not to laugh as I grab my stuff. She walks me out and hugs my goodbye. It's too frickin cold out for my little summer dress, but I don't feel like changing into my warmer clothes in the subway bathroom, I'm not that desperate. So I wrap my jacket around me tighter, and try to ignore the cold.

I don't start work until noon on Saturday, and as soon as I walk in the door I'm called into the chief's office. There are two men there who I don't recognize. I spend the next three hours, (three hours!) going over every little thing Nic said and did last night. Obviously I leave out certain parts, but what the fuck! Why was he there? Who did he speak with? What did he bid on in the silent auctions? Why did he bid on you? Did he mention this? Did he do that? I get a huge headache very quickly. I'm put on desk duty the rest of the day in case they have any more questions for me.

As soon as I get back to my desk, Donal and my Uncle Rogan are there. Before they say a word I shout "Leave me the fuck alone!" The whole office stops and redirects their attention on us. In a quieter, more normal voice. "Just leave me alone." I turn and go into the woman's bathroom.

A minute later Kelly comes in. "You OK? The whole office is on pins and needles. What's going on? What'd you do?"

I can't keep the little maniacal laugh from escaping. "My family sold me to Nikolai Kerchenko last night at the Big Brothers event. They tried out- bidding him, but they didn't have the funds, and were excluded from further participation, rather dramatically I might add. Now they're mad at me because I spent the evening with Kerchenko instead of with the assholes that humiliated me. And I spent the last three hours getting interrogated by the OCU like a criminal. Do you have any Tylenol? My head's killing me."

"Holy fuck. Are you kidding me?" She grabs her purse and pulls out some pills. "Here, take these." I pop them without looking at them. "Are you OK?"

"I'm just livid at my family. I don't want to deal with them right now."

"What about Kerchenko? Are you OK?"

"Actually he was pretty nice. Cute, good sense of humor, good dancer. Except for my family, it was a pretty good evening" I shrug my shoulders.

"Fuck. Don't let Rogan hear you say that. He'd have a kanipshin."

"He's already having one." She laughs, and I can't help it. I laugh too. "God hates me."

A bit calmer now, I'm ready to go back to work. Kelly makes sure my desk is clear before I leave the bathroom. I spent the rest of the day catching up on paperwork, and completing the yearly electronic training practices. My family is surprisingly absent from the rest of my day.

When I get home, I know why. They pulled out the big guns. Mom is sitting at my kitchen table. (She has a key.) My stress and my nervousness just boil over, and I start crying like a little kid. She has her arms around me instantly. She calms me and tells me everything will be OK. The rest of the evening is spent on the sofa with a bottle of wine between us. I don't tell her about the sex, or meeting him again, but everything else is laid out. How I didn't want to do this in the first place, how humiliated I felt up there in front of everyone, all the shit they pulled that night, how they made me feel like this was my fault, what happened at the precinct this morning. Everything. It feels good to let my frustration out.

Mom is mom. She makes me feel safe and loved, and slightly inebriated. She'll talk to everyone before Sunday dinner tomorrow. I have the 4AM to noon shift on Sunday, so she leaves early, and I go to bed. I check my phone for a text from Nic, but there's nothing there.

The work day goes by typically. My partner, Carlos, and I run our route and handle the Saturday night drunks. After work I shower and head out to my parents' house for Sunday dinner. I walk in expecting the worst, but no one charges at me demanding answers. No one looks at me like I did something wrong. I help out in the kitchen for a while, before setting the table with my one and only little brother, Finn. "Liz." He waits till I look at him. "I'm sorry. We all are. We just felt so helpless, and we reacted badly. We weren't mad at you, we were just mad in general."