Pondering her Future

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pheacock
pheacock
92 Followers

The researchers came and inspected the area, finding no answers as to why an earthquake would occur here. The two Hawaiians left in time not to be found, having taken pains to hide their existence. As they hid, two valleys over, in another site often used by Hi'iaka and Omeo, they discussed possibilities of reawakening Hopoe.

Lillie got on with the science geeks well. She, as always, was comfortable around strangers. She even helped them pack out their instruments when they were done. Right after the researchers left, Hi'iaka and Omeo returned, and the three resumed their activities. After a particularly intense round of sex, they talked about the loss of Hopoe and the depth of Hi'iaka's grief.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could do something for you," Lillie told them.

Hi'iaka and Omeo told her that there was a way, but it would probably not work, as Pele would fight against her. Both were formidable, and a fight might cause great damage to the islands. "I do miss her every day." The two native women had picked up Lillie's language by reading her mind while she spoke.

"You can speak to me now?" Lillie said in wonderment.

"Yes. We learned your tongue while reading your thoughts," Hi'iaka replied. "I have the power to bring my Hopoe back, but my sister can stop me or I would have already. I think, with your help, I might try."

Lillie nodded her head. "What can I do against such powers?"

"Pele will sense your strength, but not that you are mortal. She will know you are an outsider so she will be wary of you. If this plan does not work, I will have lost nothing. What I ask of you is to hold onto Hopoe when she emerges from the lava and let her suckle at your breast. That will provide her with a grounding to the Earth and she will stay."

Omeo added her thoughts. "We could call for Pao-o-Polae (goddess of ferns) to help. Goddess, she still cares for you both." Hi'iaka nodded.

"I could ask Koleamoku also. I've helped him many times. Perhaps he may help to heal Lillie's back." Omeo nodded her agreement. Listening to all this, Lillie's head was spinning. It was fantastical! Could any of this be real?! The two Hawaiians talked animatedly, with a lot of kissing and hugging, while Lillie watched them, smiling. The two eventually descended into a sexual tangle. Lillie just watched. The couple was lovely and slow in their pleasuring of each other. The sight was too intense to interrupt so Lillie kept time with her fingers, climaxing repeatedly.

The gods were called and Pao-o-Polae came. They all watched Lillie intently, which bothered her. She asked Omeo what they were so interested in. "You don't know it but the air around you is shimmering. They are debating whether you may be a goddess. I have to ask: Are you?"

Omeo, I have never been asked that before. I don't think so. However, I have dreamt of talking to one many times. The god Thor calls me 'dóttir', which means 'daughter', in my dreams. I always thought it was a reference to my sport. In mythology he wielded a large hammer and signified strength. He is said to cause thunder and lightning. I doubt we have any real relation, although it would be a nice touch."

"Lillie, dreams are often how gods contact the mortal. I would not discount yours so easily. You are kind. Was this Thor kind? You are strong. Was he?"

"It's just too fanciful for me to believe." Lillie caressed Omeo's arm to make her point that she was done with this. Omeo wrapped her with her brown arms and gave her a deep soulful kiss. Her hands started to wander. Lillie thought, This is the most sexual woman I have ever met. They made slow, loving, passionate love to each other. When they were sated, they noted that Hi'iaka's attention was on them as she fingered herself. The couple crawled over and gave her the licking and fingering of a lifetime, causing multiple releases. They set about cleaning themselves and starting dinner that their famished bodies needed.

Koleamoku arrived that evening. He was the god of the art of healing and was drawn to Lillie. He examined her spine and slowly slipped a hand up and down it to diagnose the injuries. He spoke with Hi'iaka, who also had healing powers. Omeo translated for Lillie. They had found the same damage that the doctors at home had found. Lillie expected to hear that they could do nothing. But both had noticed that the aura around Lillie was very powerful. They decided on a course of action. One sat to each side of the patient, placing hands upon her. They were redirecting her own energy, focusing it on her injuries. Lillie felt a burning in her lower back. It was painful. Not unbearable, just not pleasant. Omeo sat in her lap, holding her, attempting a distraction. Lillie sussed what was happening and helped as much as she could. Her mind was centering her life force on the areas needed. Omeo built a small fire and came back to see if she might help. She was asked to rub her hands up and down the vertebrae. Lillie let out an epic burst of breath and flexed herself in the same way she did after every throw. A giant smile spread over her face: She was well! She had no pain! Then she realized she was even much more powerful than before.

Then she slept. As she slept, she had another dream of Thor. He was concerned for her. She was now in the midst of a conflict between sister goddesses. He explained that she should not injure anyone if she could avoid it. An opponent could overwhelm her, and he would not be able to help. He could not trust himself to be there to watch the battle but would send Týr in his stead. Týr was the god of war, law, and heroic glory. He, too, would not help her but would advise her tactically. He told her that when she woke she would find a gift from him.

When Lillie crept out of her slumber, she immediately became aware of the others fixated on something. Sticking straight up out of the sand was a hammer. It resembled ones she had seen in books. It looked like Mjölnir, the hammer of Thor. She knew he would never have given it up, so this had to be a new one. Lillie stood and picked up the metal monster. It poured power into her. She knew this was no toy. Her eye caught sight of a large boulder in the distance. She fixed her eyes upon it. Then she unleashed the weapon. It flew fast and struck. The big rock exploded. The hammer shot back into her hand, and she easily snagged it. The stunned looks all around told her all she needed to know. Then Lillie heard a new voice in her mind, a deep male voice. "Thor asked me to remind you not to kill any of the locals. However, you may frighten them if necessary."

"Týr?" a puzzled Lillie asked.

"Yes. We need to discuss your upcoming battle, young one." They wandered off together as Týr explained what he expected to transpire. He was sure Pele would be escorted by warriors, and perhaps a god as well, to add to her fury. He recommended she call down lightning. She simply had to hold up her hammer and her thought would be enough. If that did not work, she could cause the earth to shake by striking down with the hammer. Only as a last resort should she strike her opponent with the implement. She should hold back the power at first. She should try to strike the land at their feet in an attempt to frighten them. As they were talking, Wahineomo joined them. They made plans to go to Hopoe's resting place the next day. Týr said he could find his own way with no problem.

Omeo came to Lillie, wanting to know who the man with only one hand was. "Omeo, that is the Norse god of war, Týr. He came to advise me not to kill during this. It is not a Norse fight."

"Still, just his being here must be a strong help to you."

Hi'iaka was preparing to fight off the sorcery she knew her sister would try. She had not used it for a long time and took the needed time to reacquaint herself. All of them prepared in their own ways: Lillie did what she always did before competing and readied her mind by clearing all thoughts. She meditated deeply, not caring what was going on around her. Hi'iaka was also clearing all thoughts -- she was worried. The power that Pele would yield was immense, and Hi'iaka knew how vicious her sister could be. They could all end up dead quite easily. Hi'iaka was not without her own powers, some of which could equal those of Pele on an even field. The others slept as the goddesses prepared for the upcoming battle.

Thor came to Lillie in her mind and discussed her options. Since he lived now in the home of the dead, he had access to precognition. He told Lillie that Pele had convinced Kūkaʻilimoku, one of the four great gods of Hawaii, to join her. He was purported to be the god of war and was going to be a hard being for her to master. She would have to be so alert and force fear from her mind. He told her that her method of preparation was impressive. Odin himself was watching to assess her. At daybreak Lillie asked Omeo about Kūkaʻilimoku. Omeo turned white and shook with fear.

"Why do you want to know about Kū, Lillie?" Her voice was louder than was necessary.

"My ancestor told me that Pele had convinced him to join her against us." Lillie spoke with no discernable fear. Hi'iaka saw them and came over. She had heard the question Omeo asked.

"Lillie, I can't ask you to fight Kū. He is too much! Especially when joined with Pele. I will not be the cause of your death. Nor would Hopoe."

"I do not fear them. But I must keep my mind clear. He will not know what I can do so he will start slowly. That gives me an opportunity to try to defuse your sister and this god before they can attack." Lillie's demeanor was calm. It helped still the others' fears. Omeo brought the wa'a (outrigger canoe) which would take them to their destiny. They boarded and paddled out to sea.

Hours later, they landed on the beach of another island and took time to hide the wa'a. Hi'iaka led the way. Lillie took up the rear as they climbed up an old lava flow. Hi'iaka was scanning the surface but she was actually looking for Hopoe's resting place. She looked up and slowly turned her head from side to side as if listening. Finally a smile graced her lips -- she had found her love. Lillie was scanning the area looking for anything unusual. There was no one in sight except Týr. He was high above them watching the goings-on.

Hi'iaka prepared herself to try to raise Hopoe from her grave. She closed her eyes and chanted. It was too soft for the others to hear. Omeo went to Lillie and told her to grab Hopoe as she appeared from the ground. If she missed, Hopoe would wander forever looking for peace. Lillie was vigilant, her eyes flicking back and forth, until she saw a slight movement off to one side. There was a head of a woman appearing out of the ground. She jumped and just caught a foot as the ghostly visage started to float quickly away. Lillie pulled the blank-faced specter of Hopoe into her arms. She had the body of a late twenties to early thirties woman. She heard Omeo yell for her to nurse her. She put the mouth of Hopoe to her nipple and it suckled from her -- taking in life force rather than milk, Hopoe's eyes cleared. She looked at Lillie inquisitively, wondering at her savior, until she heard the voice of Hi'iaka. Hi'iaka took her lover from Lillie, and they kissed with a passion that spanned centuries.

Omeo's voice was as a whisper but all heard. "They are here for us." The fear in her voice was obvious. Hi'iaka motioned Koleamoku over to tend to Hopoe and took her place at Lillie's side.

"Pele." She pointed out the bare-chested woman.

"Kū." She pointed out a figure covered in feathers.

There were maybe a dozen warriors with them. The outpouring of power was tactile to them all. Týr felt what Lillie was up against. If she did not strike the gods they would most surely kill them all. Odin appeared next to Týr and shook his head. He might have to release his bonds on this woman.

Lillie stood stoically as Pele berated her sister for attempting to erase her punishment. Then Pele turned her attention to Lillie and projected the words into her head. "Who do you think you are, getting involved in my dealings with my disobedient sister?"

"I am Lillie, a goddess of the Norse. These are my companions. I am here not to fight you but to protect them from harm."

"Lillie, do you think that little weapon will help you against Pele?" Pele then broke out in a maniacal laugh. Lillie answered by lifting the hammer and pounding down on the Earth. The shock wave knocked over most of the warriors.

Pele was astounded by this but could not let on. "I see you will use magic tricks." On the hill above, both Týr and Odin realized that this woman had more to her than they had thought. Lillie raised her hammer while staring at Pele. A bolt of lightning struck the ground between her feet. Thunder rocked the area, throwing Pele back onto her rump. She was furious. No one was allowed to treat her thusly. She jumped to her feet, intending to cast a spell on this upstart. Hi'iaka was ready. She threw up a protective wall of her own, stopping the force her sister had aimed at them.

Pele's fury had now reached a pinnacle. "Sister, remember who your family is. Now back out and let me deal with this outsider. At that moment, Lillie let fly her hammer. It struck the ground between Pele's feet. Once again the goddess was flung off her feet as she watched the weapon fly back into the hand of its owner. Kū had observed the control the woman had over herself and knew a fight with her would serve no one's purpose. He turned to Pele and saw, in contrast, an out-of-control goddess who could be easily taken. Kū spoke softly and told Pele what he had observed -- he and Hawaii needed her alive. The look in Kū's eyes got through to Pele, and she instantly started to regain control. Pele did not want to give in, but she was overmatched. She would leave her sister with her lover. She did need to save face. "Lillie, I can see no good coming from this continuing. One of us would surely be killed. As you have said, you are not here to fight me. I will leave you all in peace. Hi'iaka, you may keep your beloved, but stay away from me."

On the rise above, Odin spoke to Týr. "How did that suit you?"

"She is powerful and in control. It was not her war. She kept her word. I think she has much to admire, Odin. Will you invite her to your home?"

"Yes. Someday. For now, I want to see more of her before drawing conclusions. I thought the time of the gods had passed." They both disappeared. Týr went to tell Thor of the girl's valor. Odin needed to ponder her and her place in the world.

The party walked back to the wa'a. They were all on edge. Pele's famous temper worried all of them. Hi'iaka was by far the most concerned. She had lived with Pele all of her life and knew she could not trust her. Hopoe also knew all too well about the volatile woman who had burned her to death so cruelly, just to spite her sister. Lillie was in a serene state. Somehow she had defused a very dangerous situation without bloodshed. She looked at Hopoe and saw her looking at her like a child seeing her first Christmas tree alit. She stared and tilted her head from side to side, trying to take in the wonder of it all.

She was spurred on to ask, "Hopoe, why are you looking at me like that?"

Hopoe did not understand so she turned to Omeo and asked what the giant woman had said. Omeo told her. She told Omeo that she was learning her new mother's face. Then she returned her gaze to Lillie.

Lillie looked to Omeo for the translation. "Lillie, she says she is learning her new mother's face." Lillie blushed so deeply everyone was amazed. Lillie started to sputter, astounded by the statement. She tried to form an intelligent question but failed. Omeo saw her plight and took pity. "When you fed her your life force, she was tied to you as a child is to its mother -- she will always be your grateful daughter." Lillie understood at last. But it still felt strange.

"Omeo, please tell her I was happy to help her and just want her and Hi'iaka to be happy with each other." Omeo repeated the word so that Hopoe could understand, and she gave her reply.

Omeo relayed the words to Lillie. "She said that you talk as a mother should, and she is proud to be your daughter. She also wants to be happy with Hi'iaka and not just for you." Lillie just shook her head and gave up.

The crew paddled back to their home, arriving just as the sun set. After they got unloaded, they were greeted by Kū. The powerful god spoke softly to Hi'iaka and then turned to Lillie. He looked her over from head to toe. "You have a confidence I rarely see in women. You said you were not there to fight but just to protect your party. You demonstrated some of your powers without causing any harm, to show Pele and me you were capable. I knew that you were able to battle Pele to her end. I cannot have that -- she keeps the islands alive. I did not desire a war with your people, if you are representative. I saw the observers above you. They were giving off power at a frightening pace. I have spoken sternly to Pele, and she has given her solemn word not to seek revenge. If she were to try, she would have to answer to me and the others I represent. Please stay as long as you want. I give you my protection as do all others here.

Kū then walked into the sea and disappeared. All present were relieved, with the exception of Lillie. She had not been concerned in the least. She was, however, worried what responsibility she now had for Hopoe, as her mother. The two who had come to help left reassured by Kū's promises. They carried on their lives in peace. Hopoe came to her and kissed her on the lips. She was so happy and wanted her "mother" to share it. Hi'iaka joined them and added her own kisses to show her gratitude to the powerful Lillie.

Lillie wondered what the date was. She asked Omeo, who gave her a confused look. The other ladies only cared about the season, not the specific date. Time had a different meaning for them. Hopoe and Hi'iaka had disappeared to make love, trying to catch up after having been separated so long. Lillie decided she would paddle her kayak around to the beach she came from -- she had a new plan. But Omeo had more immediate plans. She pulled Lillie over to the pallet. They made gentle, slow love, each giving the other as many releases as she desired. In the morning, Lillie made the trip over to the populated beach. She settled most of her debts, packed her things into her kayak, and paddled back. Omeo had been afraid that Lillie had left them for good. She was overjoyed when she returned.

That night, Thor visited her and Lillie explained her plans. He concurred and promised to attend. Lillie had entered the Hawaiian Open track meet -- it would be her last. She was only going to compete in the hammer throw, both the men's and women's. Her throwing the men's hammer would only be an exhibition, as women were not allowed to compete. Word got out and other top throwers wanted to attend. It would be the last chance they had to beat her. There was a contingent of top male hammer throwers who wanted to keep her from showing men up. She had to prepare. There were 12 days until the event, and she had to limber herself up.

Hopoe and Hi'iaka were very busy making each other happy at every opportunity. Lillie asked Hopoe if she could make leis for her on the day of her upcoming meet. She readily agreed. The three Hawaiian women were fascinated by Lillie's preparations. She was lifting large rocks and throwing them out into the water, holding them in both her hands. She would spin around and let loose the rocks. Her intensity was also quite fascinating to Hopoe. When the day came, Lillie was as ready as she could be. She had sent the hammer Thor had given her with him for safe keeping. The four women dressed to go into the city, which meant they had to cover their tops.

pheacock
pheacock
92 Followers