Port and Refill Ch. 05-06

Story Info
Introductions. Escalation. Kicking Ass.
3.5k words
8.1k
10
0

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/13/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Fot1234
Fot1234
207 Followers

Author's Note: I'll be combining some of the pure plot/story chapter uploads where it makes sense. 5-6 together here, probably 7 standalone, then 8-9.

Chapter 5

"Well, fuck."

I agreed with her, but it still made me frown. And then I got mad at myself. I needed to stop taking everything she said in the worst possible way. It wasn't fair to her, and it wasn't good for us. But then my train of thought was interrupted as she gathered me in her arms. "Refill, what-"

She cut off my words with another scorching kiss, and for a moment all I could feel was her pressed against me and the taste of myself on her lips. Then the water closed over our heads, and it was my turn to surface while spitting out water and glaring. Only to discover her grinning.

I tried to pout, but couldn't hold it. "You did that on purpose."

Her grin widened. "Yep."

I cocked my head. "Payback?"

She took a moment to consider that. Then shook her head. "Getting in a prank war with you would be a bad idea for both of us. Let's call it flirting."

I arched an eyebrow. But she interrupted our banter avoidance-mechanism. I felt her hand grab mine, and squeeze, her face serious. "I don't mind them knowing. I just..." her voice trailed off, and she flushed.

"You wish they hadn't found out like that."

She nodded vigorously. "Yeah. The whole thing was just crappy timing. What are the odds?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but something struck me about her sentence. I took a second to think about it. And then I was counting days and cursing up a storm. Refill just stared at me, waiting me out and looking slightly impressed. Finally I wound down, and in response to her inquisitive look I said one word. "Murphy."

She still looked puzzled, so I elaborated. "The bad-luck guy." Lightbulb. I hesitated. But she'd need some explanation, so I continued. "I kinda-sorta owe money to the mafia, and they use him as an enforcer. And my payment was due yesterday."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, and for a moment I thought my eyes were going to bulge out as her chest expanded and started rising out of the waves. But I managed to get back to neutral and on target by the time she opened them again. Her voice was extremely neutral. "Mafia."

I winced. "I don't actually need the money. And I don't do many jobs for them. They're just not a fan of independent operators. The fact that I owe them money makes them feel safe, so they don't come after me."

Her expression eased. "Makes sense. Just never thought of things like that." She looked thoughtful. "But we're being rescued. How is that bad luck?"

I shrugged. "I've only heard stories from now. But Murphy can fine-tune things. This is more of a warning than anything serious. Like bad-but-not-horrible luck as a first step."

She grinned at my wording. Then pulled me in for another short kiss that left me short of breath. Her hand tightened around mine even as her smile faded. "It sucks, but we need to head back."

I nodded, but... I turned slightly. Then pointed behind her. "Actually, I think they're coming to us."

* * *

I stared, fascinated. I'd heard of Sandstorm, but this was my first time seeing him in person. He was riding some sort of hovering wheelless skateboard, wearing a hijab over flowing robes, and sporting a really magnificent beard. And he had some sort of cyberpunk looking HUD thing over one eye. I was starting to understand why Refill was on his team, and some of the hysteria he inspired. And I approved, but I was really more interested in that board.

"Does he sell those?" I whispered to Refill.

She glanced at me, looking amused. "Don't let him know you're a fan. But wait til you see his Delorean."

I stared at her blankly. "What's so special about a car?"

She looked like I had asked her what two plus blue was. But she was saved from answering when Sandstorm stopped right over us and cleared his throat.

"Refill." He nodded at her, and gave a warm smile. "It's good to see you. We honestly didn't think you'd be alive." He shifted his gaze to me, and his entire manner turned that extreme no expression that only means one thing. I tensed, then forced myself to relax. It was better than open hostility. "Port." Just my name, no inflection at all. Wonderful. Still, I made myself smile up at him.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry about taking us out here. You just... startled me." I felt like shifting in place, but that's a pretty complicated maneuver when you're treading water. "I can take us back now if you want. I'm not trying to run away, really. But uh, some clothes would be nice."

He stroked his beard, then nodded. "We have some robes you two can borrow. I'll bring them out..." his voice trailed off as I shook my head.

"Just take them out and I'll grab them on the way by. And, um, please keep everyone away from the far side, opposite where your skyship thing is hovering?"

He nodded, then turned to Refill. He hesitated, like he wanted to say something else, then just shook his head and started flying back.

Refill pulled me toward her, and I didn't resist as she pulled me into a hug, her arms around me from behind. Her legs were working overtime as she held us up, her voice gentle in my ear. "It'll be fine. I promise."

I didn't really believe her, but I nodded anyway and enjoyed being in her arms. It wouldn't change anything. I'd forgotten this attitude in the past couple of weeks. Refill had made me forget it, and that thought briefly chased away my dark mood. But then it returned with a vengeance. Sandstorm was an in-your-face assault on normality. He was, quite literally, all about tolerance and justice. If he was reacting this way to me... well. Then the rest of today was going to royally suck, and there was nothing I could do about it.

* * *

We walked across the island toward the group. I'd gently disengaged my hand from Refill - I didn't want to hide it, but throwing our relationship in their face wasn't going to go over well either. I also kept my eyes away from Refill, although the mental image of her filling that robe was filed away in my spank bank.

Sandstorm was in the middle. The leader and a techy, if I recalled right. To his right was a figure I recognized, and I felt a true smile blossom on my face for the first time since Sandstorm had said my name. The Iron Boss was a strongman standing almost ten feet tall, and originally from Europe where the hero/villain lines get a lot more blurred. We'd actually met a couple of times and gotten along ok, and my hope of getting through this without a fight rose. He smiled gently at me and I nodded back.

To his left were two unknowns. I knew their codenames and rough powers, but not much else. Cowboy Hiphop was some sort of weird gunman with sound powers and no expression on his face. And next to him...

I faltered for a second, and she smirked as I stumbled. But her eyes blazed with a molten fury that made the sun seem mild in comparison. I upgraded Sandstorm's earlier "neutral" to "BFFs" by comparison. Buzz Cut, one of the top electricity supers in the country.

And judging by the expression on her face when she looks at Refill, and the way Refill is avoiding both of our gazes... yep. Truly awesome. She was Refill's ex. I damned Refill for not giving me a heads up about this.

Team romance drama and a villain rival. I sighed and mentally started preparing for a brawl.

* * *

Refill and her teammates had a joyful reunion. Well, minus Buzz Cut. She kept to the side and alternated looking hurt and staring daggers at me. I looked anywhere but at her and did my best to look harmless, which isn't hard when you're five foot nothing and wearing only a fancy bathrobe.

I realized suddenly that everyone was turning to look at me, and I turned and smiled weakly. My small wave and "Hi," didn't go over well either. We all stared at eachother for a second, then Refill took a breath and stepped toward me. But I'm not sure what she was going to do, because the Iron Boss chose that moment to move.

"Port!" His voice was the deep boom I remembered, and my smile was genuine as he strode toward me.

"Hey, Boss. Long time no- hey!" I resisted unsuccessfully as he lifted me and gave me a carefully non-bone-crushing hug. When it went on a bit too long I poked his ribs. "You stop that right now or I'm going to put you face first in the sand."

His laughter shook me, then he carefully set me down. "See? Feisty. Why I like you, Port. Even if you were lead astray." He patted my head and shook his head sorrowfully, which I endured for a moment because it was making Coyboy laugh and Sandstorm fight back a smile, and I wanted as many of them on my side as I could manage.

Then I gave him my best scowl. "Am I going to have to put you in your place later?" But then I had to laugh as he mock cowered. And for just a second I thought maybe this was all going to be all right.

"I think I'm going to be sick."

It would have been nice if her voice was as ugly as her words, but it was beautiful. She continued mercilessly. "She's a fucking villain and you're all fawning over her. Have you forgotten what she's done? She was probably put here by the Professor to watch Refill, and just because she tricked and seduced her you're all ready to laugh and forget?"

I heard Refill start a hot denial as they exploded into argument, but I tuned it out. I shivered under Buzz Cut's raw hostility and damned myself for bothering to hope. I'd known this would be bad, expected it even... but Refill and the Boss had made me think maybe things would be different. Absently I tracked the argument behind me, and I was resigned - but not surprised - when Sandstorm cut the argument short with a tired voice and told Buzz Cut to arrest me. And I was happy when Refill protested, but I knew it wasn't going to make a difference.

I felt her walk up behind me, and didn't resist when she sat down next to me and hugged me close. I felt numb, but her "Sorry" washed over me like a balm, and I sighed. "It's fine, Refill. I knew this was coming. You don't have any choice." I leaned into her and closed my eyes. "And not that I don't appreciate the support, but don't ruin things for yourself trying to defend me. I have a plan. Please, just trust me."

She kissed my temple, but I could feel Buzz Cut approaching I wanted to meet her on my feet. She had... she had...

I don't remember porting. But I was on the water's edge on the other side of the island away from her, mouth dry and heart pounding. And staring like a mouse caught in a trap at the simple silver circle Buzz Cut was carrying in her hands. Dark red lips flashed in my memory, and I shuddered and tried to keep from shivering. I felt my mouth open, and the next word that fell from my lips came against my will. "Mayhem."

Oh, god. Why hadn't I expected this.

Chapter 6

Buzz Cut's lips curled. "Oh, please, Port. Please fight. That would just make my fucking day."

I wanted to respond, to refute her. But the panic was overwhelming, I felt like I was drowning. The device in her hands filled my vision, and I stumbled and almost fell to my knees as I remembered dark red lips again. But I struggled. No. No, I wouldn't... wouldn't let her win. My voice was soft, and I had to force to raise it. "I'm not..." I trailed off as I realized I was moving away from her as she circled. "Please, just give me a moment, I can't..." I hated the pleading vulnerability in my voice, but I couldn't seem to help it.

"Oh, bullshit. You thought we'd just let you come back unfettered and escape? You're going to be collared like the worthless animal you are." Her eyes blazed as she stalked forward and I backed away, helpless to stop myself.

She clicked the circlet open and shut, and the sound drove me to my knees. I heard Refill yelling to leave me alone, but Buzz Cut overrode her, raw fury in her words. "That's her fucking plan, Refill! She used you! She was going to use us! Who knows what she already got out of you? She thought she could just waltz into our base, then leave and report back. And now her plan is ruined and she's panicking."

I looked up wildly, and the expression on Refill's face broke my heart. The way they were all looking at me... I had no defense against that accusation. I didn't understand how this all went so wrong, so fast. My lips opened in a soundless "No." And then I was next to her. I grabbed her hands, but she just stared at me. I was babbling. "I didn't- I don't- please, Refill. I just, let me explain, I..." she stepped away from me, and my voice trailed off. My heart turned to stone, and I dropped to my knees again. I felt like curling into a ball and weeping until this all went away.

Buzz Cut was standing over me, and I looked up at her dully. She clicked open the circlet, her face triumphant, and leaned down to click it around my neck. I saw ruby lips. Mayhem. But...

Not again. No.

She stumbled as I suddenly wasn't there, but I had no room for amusement, no room for fear. My fury rose and overrode the panic, reason, everything. The circlet was forgotten, only a danger if I chose not to resist. I took a breath to keep from literally shaking. This... this fucking jealous bitch... had ruined everything. For me. But mostly, for Refill. I cracked my knuckles.

Make her fucking day? Hell. I was going to make her fucking year.

* * *

Her mad smile would have made me wince ten years ago, but I've seen worse since. And I was way too angry to back down. Her voice was gleeful. "You're resisting arrest." Her other hand rose up, electricity building.

I smiled back at her, forcing myself to appear calm mostly to see her eye tic at my lack of response. "Who, me? I'm just standing here."

She gritted her teeth. "Not for long." And then lunged at me, hand extended. Sandstorm yelled something in the background that we both ignored.

Now, people tend to think about teleportation as a pure movement power. Going from point A to point B. But the reality is more complicated. Think about Gateway travelling across half the planet. The entire world is rotating, right? He'd be upside down, going thousands of miles per hour on the other side. Or me - I can port into a moving car. It takes more energy, but I can do it. Which means that teleportation isn't just about movement. It's also about orientation. And more importantly right now, about velocity.

Buzz Cut promptly lost her feet as I flickered toward her and touched her shoulder, doing an in-place shift to rotate her thirty degrees and set her spinning. She face planted hard, making a satisfying thunk as sand sprayed away from her head.

I mock tripped and landed on her back. She was too tough for it to hurt her, but I was just aiming to make her angry at this point. "Oh, shoot. How clumsy of me." I turned, sitting on her, and smelled ozone. I was twenty yards away when lightning struck out of the clear sky, and I smiled at her as she rose out of the whole in the sand, hair steaming. My voice was mocking. "Oh, you missed again. You're not very good at this."

She screamed in frustration and took a step toward me. But then Sandstorm stepped in and cut in front of her, and my heart fell. I'd hoped the rest of them would stay out of this. His voice was calm as he spoke to me. "Surely you see this is pointless, Port. You can't hope to defeat all of us."

I struggled against my rage. To be reasonable. I knew I was being dumb, that I was egging Buzz Cut on. I wasn't sure why she was setting me off so much, so I forced my anger down to a more manageable level. I was surprised at how even my voice was. "I am not letting her put that thing on me."

He nodded. Not in agreement, but acknowledging my statement. His tone was gentle. "And someone else?"

I hesitated. I thought I could trust Sandstorm. Maybe. Cowboy I didn't know. I didn't want to remember Refill putting that on me. But... the Boss. I'd known him for a long time. He was a good guy, never heard anything bad. No matter what, this was going to be horrible. But maybe I could let him do it and hold things together.

I opened my mouth to respond. And Buzz Cut chose that moment to sidestep Sandstorm and run at me, screaming obscenities.

My rage flared back up. She was covered in electricity now, but... I shifted in front of her and dug my feet in, then ported the sand into the air, making a cloud. She stumbled, blinded, and her electricity went out. And then I had her head in my hand and I rode her into the sand, shoving her face down with shift-assisted speed. I was shouting. "Goddamit! Stay the fuck out of this!"

I stopped, my heart sinking as I felt what was going on around me. Cowboy running toward us, drawing one of his guns. Sandstorm going for his belt, and shouting something about non-lethal protocols. The Boss moving forward, steps regretful but knowing his duty. And Refill off to the side, a frozen statue.

And then there was no time for thought as Cowboy drew and fired. It was on.

* * *

My world was one of reactions. Reflexes from a year of combat training in my seriously misspent youth - before I decided permanently on thief, and not assassin - took over. My awareness imploded. Only the island, my opponents, and I existed. I labeled Refill as an Innocent Bystander to protect, terrifyingly vulnerable without her suit. And then I had to move.

I shifted Buzz up in my place to take Cowboy's bullet, safe since I could tell it was abnormal and Sandstorm had called non-lethal. She jerked and stumbled but didn't go down. Sandstorm threw several drones in the air, and I stood still as they fired nets at me. Then I ported in a blur, ending behind the Boss while Cowboy fell to the ground, stunned and entangled where I'd stood a fraction of a second ago.

The Boss tried for me, but strong isn't that useful against some opponents. Hero fights are Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock on magic and steroids. I barely had to port at all to keep ahead of him, his arms slow and predictable. I felt Buzz charging at me, speeding herself up in a blur and using the Boss in an attempt to blindside me. I ducked a giant arm even as I gave him a mental apology, then shifted next to her and redirected her charge. She slammed into his stomach with a boom, and both of them went flying into the water. I took a heartbeat to make sure Buzz was conscious and not drowning, then concentrated back on the fight.

Sandstorm had stopped and was studying me, drones orbiting as they analyzed and scanned. The Cowboy was out of it. I knew this was pointless - even if I beat them all up, I couldn't actually escape - and I wondered if I could stop now and surrender. Refill... I swallowed hard. And stumbled as the world came back. I ported in front of her. I searched her face for any sign of forgiveness, and myself for words that would make this right.

It was so stupid. Such an amateur mistake. Buzz Cut didn't announce herself this time. My only warning was the crackle of electricity as she flung the bolt at me. But I'm fast, extraordinarily so for a teleporter. Reflex took over, and I was ten yards away watching her shoot her bolt. Directly at Refill.

I was barely quick enough. But all I felt was relief as the electricity crashed through me and darkness rose up.

Fot1234
Fot1234
207 Followers
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Her New Toy Ch. 01 Emma wakes up with an addition.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
High School Futa Ch. 01 Emma realizes that not everything is as it seems.in Transgender & Crossdressers
Futanari - Young Mother Walk in the forest changes a depressive young mother's life.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Seven Sisters Seven sisters grow something extra between their legs.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
A Secret Revealed - Prelude A story about a mute futanari and her girlfriend.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories