Possessing Bella Ch. 09

Story Info
The kiss that lingers revisited.
12.4k words
4.79
33.6k
43

Part 9 of the 24 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/06/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,531 Followers

Authors Note: This is a chapter in this series primarily based in BDSM practises. If that is not to your tastes please stop reading and find one of the other wonderful stories on this site more suited to your kink. Thank you once again to everyone who leaves comments and feedback on my writing, it is much appreciated. ~ellie

*****

Under the watchful eyes of Stephen Bella carefully got into the car and smiled up at him as he closed her door. She ached all over and felt exhausted after a night of hard use and little sleep. She was glad to be heading home to her own bed. "Home," she smiled to herself, it was the first time she could remember thinking of the small apartment that adjoined Rob's rooms as her home.

Stephen said nothing as he slid into the driver's seat, but he looked at her critically before starting the engine. Happy that Stephen was watching the road now, Bella allowed herself to sink back into the soft leather of the seat and adjust the belt of the long jacket that was tied tightly around her. She stifled a small moan as her back protested at the movement and closed her eyes momentarily, snapping them back open as she felt the needed sleep close in on her.

"It is good to have you home," Stephen's deep voice sounded soft beside her. "I would suggest not going into to work for a day or two, you should take the opportunity of coming back early to relax properly and think about your plans."

"Oh gosh, I hadn't even considered going into work today," Bella gasped. "Maybe I should call and check in with Kurt and Andrew when I get home. Thank you Sir Stephen, I am just a little tired and I totally forgot that it was Monday, not Sunday."

"You have nothing to worry about they were not expecting you back at work until next week. Considering the condition you have returned in I believe Rob would command you to take care of yourself as I am about to do. Your welfare is what should be foremost in your mind I'm sure you do not want have to go over that again," Stephens's voice did not have the hard edge it usually carried when she was being chastised, and Bella turned her head to look at him.

"I am just a little tired," Bella said softly at the rebuke.

"You have pushed yourself very hard in the last five weeks. No one will begrudge you a few days of relaxation to look after yourself so I suggest you take the time you now have and use it wisely," Stephen said the hard edge beginning to creep back into his voice. "You look more than just a little tired," he turned his gaze on her and she sat up straighter. "Close your eyes and rest," he finally said and then turned the stereo on to fill the silence.

Bella had tried to resist the twin lull of the soft music and the hum of the engine, but the drive into the city in Monday morning traffic had taken almost an hour. By the time, Stephen pulled into the parking garage Bella was deeply asleep, beside him.

Stephen gently lifted the slight young woman from his car and carried her up to her apartment. She was no longer the emaciated waif that had returned from her self-imposed exile, but she was still far too underweight he decided. Bella had murmured sleepily as he walked and awkwardly opened her door, but such was her exhaustion she remained asleep.

The disparity in their size made it easy for Stephen to remove her coat and boots before placing her in bed. He took a moment to study her lean body as she lay before him. The tell-tale soft lines of bruising and soft pink of fading welts told of Hunter's need to leave his mark on her which Stephen understood too well. A quick search of the bathroom told him that Rob had ensured that the women who maintained the owner's apartments had provided Bella a well-stocked range of skin care products. He took a tub of body butter and placed it on her bedside table.

He went next to the kitchen and found that the kitchen was stocked with fresh food that morning and satisfied, he had left the apartment quietly. Hunter's words had haunted him since he had uttered them two days earlier, "When are you going to tell her that she belongs to you?" Stephen frowned as once again the words sounded in his mind. He knew she was not ready accept another in Mel's place yet and that he needed to give her the time to heal properly. The vision of her pale marked body relaxed in sleep swam in his mind. As did the feeling of her in his arms being held close to his body when he had carried her from his car as he rode the elevator back down to the club to check in with Rob.

As the elevator doors opened he stalking through the foyer and into Rob's office to let him know that she had returned and that she was sleeping upstairs. He stopped in his tracks as he saw the look on Rob's face and took a seat looking at the man questioningly and waiting for him to speak. The two men had grown close over the last nine months since Mel's death, their opposing styles of doing things complimenting each other in the running of the club.

"Is she back?" Rob asked gruffly.

"Yeah, she's upstairs sleeping. I don't imagine she will move from bed today. She seems exhausted," Stephen nodded.

"Good," Rob sat back in his chair. "She will need the rest."

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Stephen said gruffly frustrated by Rob's seeming reluctance to tell him why Bella needed the rest.

"Dorothea has been unwell for some time as you know," Rob began. "She put off doing anything about it to be with Bella at the shack but has followed up since being back. Test results have been coming back over the last weeks, and the specialists have come up with a primary diagnosis and course of action." Rob took a breath, "The fatigue and dizziness is bradycardia, and the doctors believe she needs a pacemaker. A relative simple procedure but given her age there are other risks involved."

"I see," Stephen said. "When is the procedure being done?"

"She is refusing to have the procedure until we let her speak with Bella. Kurt and I have known for a while it is why we had another assistant come in for Bella. Dorothea refused to see a specialist until she was sure Bella had returned successfully to the land of the living. Now she does not trust us to be honest with Bella and wants to see her before she agrees to the surgery," Rob was angry with being given ultimatums, and he didn't think that telling Bella was wise at all.

"I think that is the best idea as well," Stephen said after a moment. "If something went wrong and we didn't tell her the trust she has in us would be damaged beyond repair. She is growing stronger all the time now, and she can handle this. Dorothea is a feisty old bird. She will come through it fine I know, and Bella will be better for the experience. Seeing someone face the risks and live through it. As usual Dorothea knows best." He gave a sad chuckle, "She knows the risks. In a way, she has taken the decision to tell Bella or not out of your hands so that you don't damage your relationship, and she can say the things she needs to just in case."

"It's not that simple," Rob stared at Stephen as if he had grown two heads.

"As far as I can see, Dorothea has just handed you a get out of jail free card. You said yourself that Bella is stronger than any of us thought," he stopped and considered the words before speaking again. "You have to do this because if it doesn't work out, we will lose her again, and I am not sure we would ever get her back," his feelings regarding that the outcome had crept into his voice. "Trust can never fully be rebuilt once broken."

Rob said nothing as he stared at Stephen. What he said made sense, but there was something else in the man's voice that Rob couldn't quite pin down. The usually stoic Stephen had seemed emotionally invested in what he said, almost as if pleading a case rather than giving dry facts. He considered the big man a few moments longer before nodding.

"I can see what you're saying though I'm not convinced. I'll talk to Kurt tonight," Rob finally bent a little in his stance.

"Where is Dorothea now?" Stephen asked.

"She is in the Prince Charles Hospital. She was taken in by ambulance on Saturday after a bad episode while we were all on the island. I found out last night when we returned, and Dianne has been there all morning talking to the specialists," Rob explained.

"I am glad someone is there for her, I expect the girls will rally around for her. Another reason you should tell Bella because they surely will and she will have been the only one not to have spent some time wither should the worst happen," Stephen said.

Rob nodded thoughtfully. "Talk to Kurt but don't take too long," Stephen finally said after a long moment of silence. He got up and went to check the kitchens for Jake leaving Rob to his thoughts.

*****

Bella woke around lunchtime, blinking her eyes open and taking a few minutes to realise she was naked and in her own bed. Her body protested as she stretched, small tendrils of pain running through her muscles and the faint bruises she bore. Swinging her legs from the bed, she padded into the bathroom to relieve herself and shower.

She was starving but didn't particularly feel like cooking, so she hunted in the fridge and found a container of her favourite pasta from the club restaurant and put it in the microwave to reheat. She poured herself a large glass of juice and set her laptop up on the table. Then she grabbed the pasta and sat down revelling in the first food that wasn't cut into small bite sized pieces for her that she had eaten in a week, not to mention using her hands and cutlery to eat it.

She read through her emails catching up on what was going on in the company and was about to go over her plans for her own fledgling business when she remembered Stephens words. She sat back staring at the screen as she mopped up the last of the pasta sauce with a piece of crusty bread. "Relax," Stephen had commanded her and she struggled to think of anything she wanted to do more than go over her plans for work. She needed a hobby of some kind that could take her mind away from the things that kept her busy and anxious.

She had always been too busy studying or just hanging out with friends before she had come to work for Mel and entered into his lifestyle. Now she had work and learning more about the lifestyle to keep her busy along with hanging out wither friends when she could. It was rare to have some time to relax on her own and aside of work and the ideas of Gor that she had Nyx had spoken about she had nothing she particularly wanted to do.

She looked at the desktop icon that showed her private journal. It was filled with love for Mel and the ranting grief that overtook her following his death. It remained there, but she couldn't bear to revisit it just yet. She closed the laptop and got up to clean her dishes. Maybe a movie, she thought and thumbed through the few she had on hand before flopping onto the couch without having chosen one.

She felt restless she didn't even have a decent book to read, she could download one online but she liked the feel and smell of a book in her hands. Maybe she could go shopping. She had a wallet full of cards she had barely used and a bank account big enough to splurge more than a little. She looked around her tiny apartment, where the furnishings had all been chosen for her and remembered that Rob had said she could do some redecorating.

She picked up the internal phone and called Rob's office number. They were all so watchful of her that she knew that to go out without announcing it would cause trouble. He answered the phone formally but smiled as Bella greeted him.

"Hello, Master Rob," she had said quietly.

"Hello, little Brat to what do I owe this pleasure?" Rob said cheerily.

"I was thinking I might go and do a little shopping this afternoon, and I just wanted to let you know I will be out for a little while," Bella said equally cheerfully.

"Who are you going with," he asked suddenly serious.

"I thought I would just walk over to the Queen Street mall and all the arcades off that, no need to disturb Lincoln or get anyone to take me," she have a half laugh.

"I'd rather if you didn't shop alone. Maybe wait and organise a day with one of your friends," he suggested, "Or better yet buy what you need online and charge it to me."

"Yes Master," she said the disappointment heavy in her voice. "I just wanted to go out, spread my wings a little. I don't have a lot of free time anymore."

The warnings about smothering and caging her too tightly he had received in the last month rang a small alarm in his head with the disappointment in her voice. Any other girl could come and go as she pleased, and he felt torn between his need to protect her from the unseen forces that seemed to impact her life and also nurture her and make her happy.

"Lincoln is away at present. We hadn't expected you to be back so soon," he said gently. "I am uncomfortable letting you go alone, and I know Dianne and Nyx are both busy today. I will allow it if, and only if, you can convince Stephen or Jake to go with you."

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! I will ask them now and call you back," Bella bubbled and hung up the phone.

She went and grabbed her mobile and considered for a moment before calling Jake's number first. Stephen had been oddly moody lately, and it threw her off centre. When he was his usual gruff, stern self she knew what was expected of her but when he became softer around the edges and solicitous to her needs, she felt somehow that things weren't quite right.

Jake was in the middle of a kitchen disaster and seemed as disappointed as she was that he couldn't make it offering to take her out for a full day of shopping on Wednesday if she wanted. She had smiled and said she would call Stephen and let him know but as she had some time this week maybe they could do that as well. Jake was enthusiastic and said he would set it up with Rob.

"Is something wrong?" Stephen had been surprised when he looked at his phone and saw that it was Bella calling him and became immediately on alert.

"Not exactly," Bella said taken aback by his greeting her hope of going out shopping dwindling. "I wanted to go out this afternoon, just to pick up a few things, but Master Rob said he was not comfortable with me going shopping alone and that most people are busy and well, I was wondering if you might take me please, Sir Stephen." There was a long silence.

"I need to run a personal errand at Sanctuary Cove. Can you get the things you need at the mall there?" He asked.

"I have never been there, but I am sure I could," Bella said quickly.

"I will let Rob know and come and collect you," Stephen said and hung up the phone.

Bella ran and rummaged through her closet for something suitable to wear. She came out with a short blue swing skirt and a printed camisole style top. She quickly did her make-up and pulled her unruly curls back in a clip before slipping on a pair of high heeled pumps and grabbing her wallet and phone. The first thing she would buy is a nice leather bag for occasions like these. Sanctuary Cove was a high-end shopping strip rather than a mall, but Bella was looking forward to just being able to poke around in some shops, it seemed forever since she had been shopping, and now she had the means to splurge on some of life's luxuries.

*****

Stephen walked into Rob's office. "I am taking Bella down to Sanctuary Cove. I need to check on the rebuild down there, and she can shop there. I am thinking we might go to the Paragon for dinner on the way back," Stephen said nonchalantly.

"Okay," Rob nodded. "Pretty ritzy place but I know she wants to pick up some trinkets and what-not so give her this," he put a wad of cash in an envelope and wrote a few words on the front. "This may work out for the best. Rumours of Dorothea's illness are beginning to circulate and until Kurt, and I decide what is best maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to stay out of the city."

"I can manage it," Stephen smiled but added, "She will find out though, and it will be better coming from the people she loves and trusts." Rob gave him a look that said he was beginning to realise that, but said nothing.

"I will call you when we get back," Stephen said starting to walk away.

"Take your time," Rob smiled. He had a feeling that the big man would agree take her shopping. It had finally clicked into place what had been in his voice when they had spoken earlier. Stephen was so much like Mel in a lot of ways, stern and seemingly arrogant, living their lives to an unattainable set of rules that made them the best of men. Stephen had come from nothing with little education to back him. Whereas Mel had received a few early breaks early in his life that had allowed him the scope to create and run a business that he could take from strength to strength. Now that Stephen had the where-with-all to create his life as he saw it, Rob knew there would be no stopping him.

With this in mind it was not surprising to Rob that they had fallen for the same girl and that Stephen appeared to be patiently biding his time until the moment was right. Or at least that was his theory, Stephen had certainly never said anything to confirm his suspicions but actions often spoke louder than words.

Stephen was happy to find Bella ready and waiting for him when he arrived at her door. As always she looked perfect despite the condition, she had been in when he had put her into bed earlier. He smiled and waited for her to close the door.

"Thank you for this, Sir Stephen," Bella smiled and walked with him to the elevator.

"You know that all you have to do is ask and what you need will be provided," Stephen rumbled in his deep voice. "You could just shop online, you realise though."

"You sound like Master Rob," she giggled lightly. "You asked me to relax and this was one of the ways I thought to do that. If I stayed in my apartment, I would have worked or started to look at the information on Gor for when I meet with Nyx." Then she tried to explain that she wanted to go out and browse and touch and smell. "Everything I have, from where I live to what I wear, even my soap was chosen by someone else. While they are to my taste, and I like them very much," she realised that she sounded spoilt, "I think I miss being able just to poke around in shops and try new things that I might like. On this occasion though, I would be happy with a new book or movie or two, maybe a new cushion for my bed. Master Rob suggested I redecorate instead of moving to a place of my own."

"You are considering moving?" Stephen couldn't hide the surprise in his voice.

"When I first came back from the beach I wanted my own space away from all the reminders of Mel and the huge presence he had in my life," Bella admitted. "I am not as sad about that now and although I realise I am very lucky to have so many people who care about what happens to me now that Mel has... gone, it can be a little..." her voice faded out. "You didn't need to hear all that," she laughed.

"You did not look after yourself very well in the months following the shooting," Stephen reminded her. "It is only natural that those who love you want ensure that you truly are on the road to recovery," Stephens's voice was surprisingly gentle as he spoke while helping her into the car.

He had not known Bella before she became Mel's submissive. He wondered if she had been much different then. He had visited her parents' home several times with her now and had a good relationship with Joe and Rosie; he considered her home and family as he started the car. It was a very patriarchal family if one looked below the surface. Rosie catered solely to her family's needs, and Joe could stop any drama or argument with just three little words, "Now, Now Rosie." Stephen very much liked Bella's family and could see how her naturally submissive nature would have been nurtured in that household, but it showed little of her personality there.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,531 Followers