Practice Seems to Help

Story Info
A marriage in trouble finds a solution.
5.4k words
3.52
85.7k
47
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
moreandmore
moreandmore
2,277 Followers

This story contains a very limited amount of explicit sex. You've been warned. Thanks to all who give meaningful feedback. I enjoy emailing with you.

Ian Anderson: "I may make you feel but I can't make you think."

+ + + + + + + + + +

My name is Jeff. I've been married to Katie for ten years. She's just over five feet tall and not really overweight. I'm just under six feet tall and a little overweight. If you saw us in a crowd you wouldn't take notice of us. We're about as normal looking as it gets.

I had never been married and met Katie who had been divorced for about a year. Rob is her one year old son.

Katie was bubbly and confident and almost instantly we were seeing each practically every day.

I had been with a few women so my experience was quite limited. I fall into the category of men who aren't born as dazzling lovers. Even though Katie was likely to have had more experience she was always an impatient lover. Get it up, get it in, and get it done.

During our courtship the number of blow jobs far outnumbered the times we had sex. I performed oral sex on Katie but, my inexperience being a big factor, she seemed bored with it.

Even though the sex wasn't hot and steamy we got married and I moved into the house she had acquired in her divorce.

Rob never really knew his father and his father made no attempt to contact him. I just don't get it. I adopted Rob and changed his last name. We never talk about whether Rob knows I'm not his real father. I support his activities and we do lots of things together.

We both have solid jobs with the paychecks pretty similar. Katie is in the office early and home in time to pick Rob up from school. I occasional have an out of town trip but for the most part I'm home in the early evening.

Katie told me that when she gave birth to Rob it was a difficult pregnancy and she warned me she might not be able to get pregnant again. A couple of years into the marriage we started trying to get her pregnant. Having sex everyday while she was fertile was a very nice bonus. I did miss that when she did get pregnant. It took several months of trying before she became pregnant. Unfortunately, late in the pregnancy, she had a miscarriage and we learned she would never be able to get pregnant again.

During the attempts to get pregnant Katie would start by kneeling before me and work my pants to the floor. Using just her mouth she would lick me up and down and focus on the head of my cock. Giving a slow sensual mouth massage and stopping in time for me to pull her up to the middle of the bed. She wasn't very creative about positions so I either pushed her knees up or she would turn over and I'd do her doggie style. Impatient or bored lover would be the best description of her. She was passionate but we really didn't spend a lot of time doing sex acts. As the years rolled by the sex diminished to once or twice a week.

We live next to an older couple, Charlie and Sue, who travel a lot. When they are gone we look after their yard and keep their cars running. One afternoon I was home early to get ready for an out of town trip. Katie and I were doing the lawn and trimming things at Charlie and Sue's house. I was thirsty so headed home to get something to drink.

I used the icemaker and while filling my glass Katie's phone buzzed. Someone had sent her a text message. It only said '117'. That's weird; must be a wrong number. The number was easy to remember 678-5678. Seemed like a phony number. I went back outside and continued to work on the yard. We only spent another thirty minutes outside before calling it a day.

Rob needed a ride to his competitive soccer practice. Practice lasts about ninety minutes and the field is about fifteen minutes away. I offered to take him.

Katie snapped her head quickly and said "No, no need, I've got it."

I thought that was an over-reaction to a simple offer to help. Katie went upstairs to get changed.

Her phone, still on the counter, got me curious. I opened it but the text message had been deleted. My mind was trying to tie these things together. Why the odd body language on my offer? Why delete the text? What does 117 mean? I'd never had a reason to suspect anything out of line but now I wasn't so sure.

Since I would be on the road for my job early the next morning I had left my car at work and taken a company truck home. It has a GPS tracking device on it so the company can tell where their vehicles are currently located. I have an app on my phone that can capture the feed from the GPS tracker. I went out and took it out of the truck and put it her glovebox. I was talking to myself about how stupid this was and how paranoid I was acting.

Katie was in the kitchen getting ready to leave.

"I'm just going to stay and shop until practice is over, see you later."

She backed out and headed toward town. I knew I couldn't use my truck as Katie would recognize it. I grabbed the spare set of keys to Katie's car then went next door to Charlie and Sue's place and grabbed the keys to his car. I waited a minute then started into town. I was thinking, 'You're wasting your time'.

Nothing out of the ordinary as Katie dropped Rob off at practice. The GPS showed her heading toward the mall but then she took a left when the mall was off to the right. The GPS had stopped moving. I was about two stoplights back and getting anxious. I took the same left and I immediately knew what 117 meant. It was the room number at the motel. I saw her car parked with Katie sitting in it. I drove by before pulling into a spot with a truck shielding me from being spotted. I could see room 117 so I took my phone out and turned on the camera.

After a short wait a man walked to 117, opened it, and left the door ajar. I got a good pic. Less than a minute later I saw Katie push the door open and slide inside. I got a good pic. Now what? My heart was crushed, my mind was spinning, and my stomach was in a knot. How could she? Who was this? Was it someone from work? Is this some old friend? I had the phone number but finding out who could be a problem.

I knew Katie's email password so I used my phone to log in and did a search. Up came an email containing the contact information for all players on the soccer team. I opened the email and it jumped off the screen at me. Chad Jenkins was a midfielder and 678-5678 was the cell phone of Jerry Jenkins, his father. Listed next to his cell phone number was that of his wife, Terri.

Well Jerry, if you're going to fuck up my marriage, let's see how strong yours is. I sent Terri a text with the two pictures, the motel address, and the room number.

"Your husband and my wife have snuck away to do who knows what."

I hit the send button and waited.

My anger continued to build but I'm not a violent person. I thought I better retrieve my GPS so I opened Katie's car and retrieved it from the glovebox. I decided to just sit on the hood of her car until they emerged from 117.

About fifteen minutes passed when a car came to a quick stop a few spots away. A lady got out. I somewhat recognized her from the soccer games. This must be Terri. This could get interesting. She's about the same build and height as her husband, easily well over six feet tall and very athletic looking. She's not fat, just a big woman. She would snap me like a twig.

"Terri?"

Her head snapped towards me "Your wife?"

"Yep, they're in there. I'm Jeff."

"He's going to regret ever being born with balls. I'm going to beat the shit out of him."

"Won't bother me if you do the same with her."

"Do we just wait?"

"That's what I've been doing. Volleyball or basketball?"

"Both in high school but basketball in college. I enjoyed being an enforcer in the paint."

"I'm guessing you watched the overtimes from the bench then?"

"You got it. I enjoyed sending those prissy little guards bouncing and sliding into the bleachers. I'd foul out late in most games."

"I just had a thought. Since Jerry paid for the room do you think if you showed your ID at the front desk and ask for a key you'd get one?"

She bolted towards the office. A minute later she headed towards the room and flashed me the cardkey. I activated the video mode on my phone.

She slipped the cardkey in and pushed the door opened. Instant shouting and screaming then a blood curdling scream. Jerry, naked, was trying to pull Terri out of the room. Terri was dragging Katie who was also naked. Terri had both hands full of Katie's hair and as Jerry was pulling Terri she was dragging Katie. Katie was screeching with pain. A swift knee to Katie's face and Katie went limp. Katie's face was bleeding and Terri threw her to the ground out of the room. Terri threw down two handfuls of hair and gave Jerry a hard elbow to his midsection. He dropped to his knees. She turned and delivered a full force kick to his groin. His scream was music to my ears. Terri went back into the room and emerged with her arms full of clothing and Katie's purse.

"You fucking whore, you just wrecked my home!"

Terri emptied Katie's purse all over her sobbing bloody face. She took all the clothing then kicked Jerry in the balls again eliciting another primal scream. She dumped the clothing in her car's back seat then turned and looked at me. I gave her a thumbs up sign. She smiled, gave me the T sign the refs use for a technical foul, shook her head, hopped in, and drove off.

Maybe I should do something? Nothing came to mind. I shut off the video and went back to my car to wait and watch.

Not more than a minute after Terri fled the scene a squad car, lights flashing, entered the parking lot. Two officers carefully secured the area. One went into 117 and got a couple of bedsheets and gave one to Katie and another to Jerry. Both were moving quite slowly as they wrapped the sheet around. A few minutes later an ambulance arrived and they attended to Katie's still bleeding nose. Jerry could hardly stand. The officers patiently waited to take their statements.

I looked at the time. It had gone by way too quickly. Practice was already over. Rob needed a ride home.

"Where's mom? I've tried her cell but no answer."

"Something came up and she got sidetracked so I'm here to take you home."

"Chad needs a ride. His dad isn't answering his cell and neither is his mom."

"Sure, hop in Chad. Where are we headed?"

He gave me directions and when we got close you could see a squad car out front and Terri talking with an officer. Chad thanked us and hurried up the drive to his mom. She spoke to him and guided him towards the house. He disappeared and she continued talking with the officer.

We stopped for some fast food. I told Rob that I didn't think Katie would be home soon and I was headed to my out of town job tonight.

Spending a few days away would give me time to figure out what I needed to do. About thirty minutes after I hit the road Katie's ringtone sounded.

"Jeff, I need to talk with you. I'll be home in about twenty minutes."

"I've left for tomorrow's job and am spending the night in a motel. I guess I never told you. I don't talk with cheating sluts."

"You know? Oh gawd. Jeff it..."

I hung up. The phone rang again. I powered it down. Now wasn't the time to deal with this. My head, heart, and stomach had had enough for one day.

I drove to my destination, found a hotel, and booked a room. Once settled in I set about moving money, closing accounts, and finding a divorce lawyer to talk with in the morning.

After getting very little sleep I powered my cell phone on. There were several voice mails from Katie and one from Rob. I listened to the one Rob sent.

"Dad, you should see mom. Her face is smashed in. Her nose is really swollen. She's got two giant black eyes. She looks like a raccoon. She's missing a bunch of hair. She says you've moved out? Call me."

I sent him a text "Rob, I'll call you this evening. Love you. Dad."

At lunch I contacted the attorney and set up an appointment for the following Monday. That night my curiosity got me thinking, how long? How long have I been blind? I logged in and checked our cell phone records. There it was, twice a week, a text from 678-5678 a couple of hours before soccer practice. Even the best laid plans might not always work.

That evening I called Rob "Hey dude, how was school today?"

"Unreal Dad. Turns out it was Chad's mom that beat the shit out of mom."

"I guess she caught your mom in bed with her husband. Your mom picked the wrong woman this time."

"Why'd she do that Dad? Doesn't she love you anymore?"

"I guess not son. I haven't moved out. I'm just spending a few days away trying to figure out how to proceed. I'll be there for you."

We talked about other things for a while before saying our goodnights.

I got around to listening to Katie's messages. The first ones were basically 'Please call me.' They moved on to 'I know you hate me.' The most recent one was probably the most accurate 'How can we resolve this if you won't talk to me.'

I sent her a text message 'Call me but I'm not going to let you talk much. If that doesn't work for you then don't call.'

A few seconds later my phone rang.

"Hello Katie. I'm doing the talking."

"OK."

"I am going to file for divorce but Rob is at the age where he needs a dad. Clear the stuff out of the bedroom we use for an office. Buy a new bed and bedding and set it up in that room. I don't want any of the bedsheets you've used previously as I have no reason to believe you haven't soiled them with your activities. Move all my clothing to that room. I'll use the bathroom in the hall. Our joint credit cards have been inactivated and as soon as we pay off the balance they will be cancelled. We will no longer have any shared accounts. I will be there solely for Rob. Depending on the situation, like a soccer game, we will both be there but expect to drive yourself. You can tell your friends and family anything you want but if I'm ever portrayed as anything other than a clueless spouse I will share the video of the fight at the motel on the internet where it will live forever. As far as household expenses, I will split them with you. Our lawyers will work out an equitable split of assets. I need a week away from you so try to have my room set up by this time next week. Your turn to speak now. If this is acceptable you can say 'Yes' or just say 'No' and I will move out. I'm hanging up after one word."

"Yes"

I disconnected and the text messages starting arriving soon thereafter.

'I never used our house'

'I don't want a divorce'

'I still love you'

And then they regressed into the predictable

'I don't even like sex. It was just the thrill of sneaking around'

'I was breaking it off'

'He wasn't as good as you'

'I never meant to hurt you'

'I thought you would never find out'

Isn't it laughable how they equate being blind to being stupid?

I called Rob and talked with him. I loved him and knew this was going to be traumatic. I explained that I was filing for divorce but would support him as much as the courts would allow.

A few days later Rob called and said it was getting really tough at school and at home. Katie had been crying in the bedroom and Rob said he wouldn't talk with her. When Katie couldn't take it anymore she pressed

"How's school going Rob?"

"It's really hard right now Mom. All everyone wants to do is talk about you. It's pretty mean."

"Like what?"

"One of the guys heard the guy had his cock up your ass when you got caught. What should I tell him Mom?"

"Rob, don't talk like that! That's not true."

"Some of the guys wanted me to ask if a bunch of them came over would you do a gangbang?"

"NO! Rob, it's not like that. I would never do that!"

"Another one said you were giving the guy a blow job and his jizz was all over your face. What should I tell him Mom?"

"Rob, enough! That's not true either."

"ENOUGH? ENOUGH? I have to put up with this shit every day. They said the sex was so wild that you ended up naked out on the sidewalk. Is that true Mom?"

"She pulled me out of the room. It was a fight. I didn't want to be there. I'm so sorry they're treating you like this Rob."

"They're only treating me this way because of you. It's all your fault!"

Rob said he got up to go to his room and she tried to hug him and he told her "Get away, I don't want to touch you. I want Dad back."

He said Katie went into the bedroom and wouldn't come out other than to make him a meal. Her eyes were red and swollen all the time now.

I spoke "Hang in there Rob, it will get easier."

"I know, but, my life sucks right now. Dad, you are going to come to my soccer game aren't you?"

"Wouldn't miss it."

Before I moved back home Rob had a soccer game. I saw Terri but no Jerry. Katie stayed near the parking lot and I kept my distance. At halftime Terri came over and we chatted. She thinks she's likely to get probation in the assault charges against her. She's also filing for divorce. After the game it was kind of cute watching the wives herd their husbands past Katie. The smart husbands never looked her way, the others got elbows in their ribs. I hugged Rob and told him I'd be home in a few days.

After my Monday meeting with the attorney the divorce was underway. Katie was served on Tuesday.

A text from Katie "Can we talk when you move home?"

"If it has something to do with Rob."

I waited for soccer practice to move back home. I guessed wrong. Apparently Katie never needed to shop and wait for Rob. She dropped him off and was waiting at home. My key still worked.

"Welcome home Jeff."

"I thought you'd be at practice."

"I have your room ready. Can I get you anything?"

"No thank you."

"You can't even look at me can you?"

I looked at her. She was still black and blue and yellow and the missing hair made for an interesting look. Her nose was still swollen.

"You need to drop any charges you have against Terri."

She stared at me and after a very pregnant pause "OK."

"I'll go get Rob. Should I feed him on the way home?"

"No, I'll have dinner ready for all three of us."

And so began a very awkward coexistence. At the next soccer game Terri came over and gave me a peck on the cheek. She told me the charges had been dropped.

Katie chose to accept my lawyers' offer of 50-50 asset split, no alimony, and a second mortgage on her house payable to me for my share of the increase in value since we were married. I was allowed to live at the house until Rob graduated high school.

Katie went out of her way to try to start conversations. I politely declined again and again. It was about six weeks before her frustration finally got the best of her. Rob was at practice.

"Jeff how can we resolve things if you won't talk with me?"

"What is it that you think needs resolved?"

"US!"

"Katie there is no US. You took care of that."

"You mean you have no interest in ever making love with me again?"

"Since you decided I just wasn't good enough to satisfy you why would I ever subject myself to getting a pity fuck."

"I never said anything like that."

"Your actions did the talking for you. If you were that bored with the sex we had you could have talked to me. Maybe we could have looked into swinging or spouse swapping so you could get your itch scratched. Instead you chose to have all the fun yourself and made a cuckold out of me."

"I was never bored with you. I didn't go looking. I got caught up in the lust. It was thrilling sneaking around. I screwed up OK?"

"Well obviously what I was giving you just wasn't enough. Feel free to go have your itch scratched any time you like. It just isn't going to be with me."

"You're saying we will never be intimate again?"

"Unless we both end up at the same orgy, that's pretty much it."

moreandmore
moreandmore
2,277 Followers
12