Predator Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry. What do you think happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, it's just the cop in me, I guess, but marriages rarely fail due to just one person's issues. It's more like a group effort."

She leaned back, sighed...

"4-8 Heavy, Toronto Center, clear to flight level 4-1-0."

"4-8 to 4-1," he said as he leaned forward and made the change on the AP panel, then initiated the climb.

"I never looked at it that way," she added.

"You know, you'll burn up inside if you can't put yourself in the other fellas shoes every now and then."

"I know."

And he chuckled.

"What's that for?"

"Oh, every time I hear someone say 'I know' I think that's the last thing on their mind. 'I know' is a deflection, a statement used to turn away from an uncomfortable truth."

"You study psychology, too?"

"Engineering."

"Okay. Now I'm confused."

"Oh?"

"I thought engineers were anal retentive types, all numbers and slide-rules and shit like that."

"Did you say slide-rules? How old are you?"

"Thirty-two."

"Air Force?"

"Navy."

"Oh, that explains it."

"What?"

"Oh, Navy pukes still use slide-rules and have wind-up rubber bands in their engines."

She laughed. "Don't tell me. Air Farce."

"Up in the air, Junior Bird Man," he sang. "So. What was your contribution?"

Beecham looked out the windshield for a while, then she turned to him. "Mind if I turn off the CVR for a few minutes?"

"Oh. I don't know," he said as he nodded.

She reached to the back panel of the overhead panel and flipped the breaker, then shook her head. "He wanted sex, like all the time. I mean, like whenever we were together, and after a while it became mechanical, no love at all. He wouldn't kiss me, or even say anything to me during. He just wanted to get his rocks off, and I began to feel like I was his plaything, his personal vagina, just someplace to shoot his load." She looked away, and he saw she was upset.

"That sounds lonely," he said.

"Yeah, it was."

"So, you were upset when the divorce came?"

"Yeah," she said, but she was crying a little now.

Time to get back on the clock, he said to himself. "We'll finish this up later," he said. "Turn on the recorder."

"Yessir."

The sun was setting now, and he saw stars popping out ahead, and an endless layer of low cloud stretched ahead.

"I never get tired of the view up here," she sighed.

"Me too. It's magic."

"You know where we're staying?"

"The Marriott."

"At the airport?"

"Yup." He noticed she hadn't turned on the recorder yet, and he looked at her, wondered what was going on in her head. "The recorder?" he reminded her.

"Oh, right." But still she didn't move. "Is everything okay between you and -- Genie?"

"Yup."

"I haven't been with anyone in a while."

"A while?"

"Three years, and change."

"Jeez."

"I don't suppose you'd care to help me out with that, would you?"

He looked at her, looked at her looking down at her hands, trembling a little -- like a little girl. "You know, if you need a shoulder, or someone to talk to, yeah. I'll be right there."

She nodded her head, sighed. "Okay," she whispered, then she turned around and flipped on the CVR. "Thanks," she said.

The rest of the flight passed uneventfully, and they landed in Paris a little before two in the morning. Ah hour later they checked into the Marriott; he went up to his room and watched Beecham walk into the room next to his, then after he dumped his bags he called Genie.

"How'd it go?"

"Rough."

"I heard about the tornado. Were you near it?"

"We were in it, real close, as it turned out."

"In the air?"

"Maybe a few hundred yards. Close, in other words."

"Oh, Jesus."

"How was school?"

"Oh, you know. The same. I saw Carol this evening."

He was instantly on guard now. "Oh, how is she?"

"Uh, she seemed fine." Which was Genie's way of saying she had been anything but.

"Hear from The Duke?"

"Yep, he came over a while ago."

"Oh?"

"Right after Carol left."

"Oh?"

"It's complicated."

"Okay."

"What time do you get in Friday?"

"Around 3:30."

"Want me to pick you up?"

"Could you?"

"Sure."

"That'd be great."

"Okay, see you then."

"Thanks, Genie. I love you..."

But she had already rung off. He put the phone down and looked at it for a while, then lay down and turned out the lights.

+++++

He slept in, woke up around noon and saw his message light flashing on the house phone. He dialed the message line and listened.

"Hey, Captain Sleepy-head. Call my room when you get this?"

He trudged to the head and showered, brushed his teeth, then went back to the desk and called her room.

"You weren't kidding," Beecham said.

"What?"

"That you didn't sleep the night before. You were a zombie in the crew shuttle; Bruce thought you were going to pass out."

"I feel like I could use another few hours."

"I went into the city, bought a few things."

"Oh? How were the crowds?"

"None. Even the Chinese are gone."

"Damn."

"I know. Say, you want a back rub?"

"No, I'm good."

"Could you give me a few minutes. I want to try something on, and I need your opinion."

"Yeah. Sure."

"Thanks. Give me five minutes, and my door's unlocked."

He looked at the adjoining doors, and he went over and moved the little baggage rack out of the way, then put on some khakis and a polo shirt. He looked at himself in the mirror, looked at the redness in his eyes and shook his head, then went and opened the door.

All the lights in her room were off, the curtains drawn.

"I'm in the bathroom," she said. "Be right out."

He went in, sat in a chair by the window and sighed, then the bathroom light went out and she walked into the room.

She was dressed in black -- black lingerie, stockings and heels, and she walked across the room, right up to him.

"What do you think?" she said. "You like the way this stuff looks?"

"You know, I think I need to go now," he said, trying to stand. But she stepped closer still and blocked his way, pushed him down into the chair. "Look, I'm serious..."

"So am I, Ben. I need you. Oh, God, how I need to feel you right now. I need to feel you inside of me, need to feel your cum inside of me."

"I, uh..."

"Please don't say no, Ben. Don't do this to me, not now." She pulled his face forward, until the side of his face rested on her panties and garters, and she pushed and gyrated against his skin until she felt his resolve softening. When his hands went around her thighs she smiled inside...

The camera had a hard time focusing in such low light, but the operator adjusted the gain a little, then began recording.

II

It's hard to say when we jelled as a crew. The three of us, I mean.

Leaving Puget Sound on a sunny winter morning, headed outside together for only our second time together. Past Victoria, past where we had our little epiphany -- with the Beretta and the Great White. Turning south at Tatoosh, running down the coast for days, sailing past the nightmarish Columbia River bar for the easier pass at Coos Bay. Cross the bar, sail under McCullough Bridge into the back bay, tie up at the little marina back near the flats. Pump out the holding tanks, fill up with diesel and spend the night after a quick dinner ashore, then back out into the Pacific.

We kept close enough to the coast to keep cell coverage, and about half way down to San Francisco I watched news reports flood in about bombings in Dallas and Maryland while I sat behind the wheel. Persephone was with me when I started swearing.

"Woodie?" she said. "What is it?"

I handed her the phone.

"Oh, no."

"I think it's started," I sighed. You know, there's something heartbreaking about a cute girl saying 'Oh, no.' Like watching a little girl on her first bicycle ride falling down and scraping her knee, there's a helplessness inside the moment. Maybe a little inevitability, too, but that's not the point. I looked at my golden girl, the sudden pout on her lips, in her eyes -- and I just wanted to hold her close.

Then the phone chirped and I looked at the screen. "Chief Anders," I said as I took the call. "Yo. Chief."

"Where are you?"

"Coming up on Point Arena, not quite ten miles offshore."

"You see the stuff about Dallas?"

"Yessir."

"This is it, isn't it?"

"Opening move, my guess, anyway."

"How far are you from San Francisco?"

"About a hundred and ten miles from the Golden Gate. Call it tomorrow afternoon, late."

"Fuck. Why couldn't you buy a goddamn motor boat. I can walk faster than that festering turd."

"What's up, Chief."

"There's a Coast Guard facility, on the east side of Treasure Island. Call them on 72, then follow their instructions."

"Chief? You didn't answer my question."

"No, I didn't."

"Roger that."

"Let me know if you need anything."

"We're running low on condoms, Chief. Think you could..."

"Woody?"

"Yes, Chief?"

"Fuck you, Woody."

"Thank you, Chief."

The line went dead, and Sephie just looked at me, scowling.

"What is it, baby."

"We're not low on condoms, Woody? I didn't even think we were using condoms anymore."

Ah, that's my Persephone. Did I mention...well, yes, I'm sure I did. She's a natural blond, through and through, and I love her more than life itself.

+++++

"Sailing Vessel Black Dog calling Coast Guard on 72."

"Black Dog, Coast Guard, what's your location?"

"Just coming up on the west span."

"Roger that."

And that was, indeed, that.

Then I saw an aluminum CG 44 footer cutting through the bay, headed right for us, and the little ship turned wide and came up on us from the rear. I held a steady course while it came alongside, and I saw a lieutenant come to the rail as they slowed and matched speed.

"You Woodward," the lieutenant said, his eyes focused like twin lasers on Sephie's chest.

"I am. And this is Persephone," I said, as graciously as I could, "And this is Liza."

"Yes they are," he stumbled, his eyes still locked on Sephie cleavage. "You need to follow me, sir, and we'll help you get tied up."

I had to laugh. He'd never run across two girls more adept at tying things up than these two. So, if he only knew, right?

+++++

Once we were tied up the lieutenant led me to an administrative building, and Anders was inside, laptop on desk reading something intently. Tate stood in a far corner, looking out the window. He looked at me and gave a quick nod, and I did the same.

"Sit down, Woodie," Anders said absently, yet his eyes never left the screen. I watched him for a few minutes, then he closed the screen and turned to Richard. "Tate? Take a seat."

"Okay."

"You been keeping up with all this?" Anders asked, looking at me.

"There's been more?"

He nodded his head. "About ten strikes so far. Another in Dallas, a few on the east coast, a few out here."

"And?"

"They're targeting politicians, compromised politicians and people in..."

"Let me guess. Corrupt judges, lawyers, cops?"

"Among others, yes. The press, broadcast reporters, and some pervs, too."

"And what's this got to do with me?"

"When Tottenham took out that girl..."

"MJ?"

"Yes, the Kopecki girl. Seems she was head of the local branch of, well, you remember reading that intel report on the stuff going on down in Dallas?"

"Some women, wasn't it? Targeting pedophiles?"

"Uh, yeah. Well, they were dressed as Ninja."

And I remembered MJs girls up in the cockpit, dressed in black, like Ninja. "So, MJs girls and Tottenham's group weren't together?" I asked quietly, if only to myself.

"Nope. Brennan thinks Kopecki's Ninja group infiltrated the Tottenham's 'whips and chains' crowd, seemed to integrate with them, and I emphasize the word 'seemed,' but now the Ninjas are taking them out -- and it's a nationwide effort, with all that implies."

"So, these two groups are everywhere, and a war between them is breaking out?"

Tate nodded, cleared his throat. "My guess is when Tottenham took out Kopecki he started a war, and while the moves we've seen so far are overt, and very public attacks, a bunch of the Kinks have turned up dead, sometimes in their homes, in their cars, but not in an overt manner." He tossed some photos on the table and I picked them up, flipped through a couple. Slit throats, bullets in the face, the usual.

So our immediate concern was this," Anders interjected. "These two girls of yours were in deep, up to their eyeballs in that kink group, and those people are disappearing like snowballs in the Sahara right now."

I nodded my head. "Yessir. I see where this is going."

"Okay. Second concern. They're either taking out cops directly, or compromising us. Blackmail, set ups and blackmail. There's a Captain in CID down in Dallas. Dickinson's his name, and he led the investigation last summer. He's compromised, or so he says, but his lead on the case, a kid named Acheson, isn't. The thing is, he's a reserve. His day job is with American, flies for a living. He's on his way to Paris as we speak. And you're leaving at nine tonight."

"Sir?"

"For Paris. I want you to compare notes, and Tate has a few toys he'd like you to try out. He'll be with you, but I want you to get this Acheson fella up to speed on things going on out here, the structure we know about..."

"Chief, you can't expect me to leave the girls here?"

"Safest place for them right now is at sea, next safest place is tied up right here. For now, anyway. Brennan wants to take them and put them in Witness Protection."

"Jesus."

"Except he thinks the Marshall's are compromised too."

"Oh, now that's just fuckin' great. Tell me, Chief. What have they got on you?"

And I could see it in his eyes, before he turned away. "Yeah, don't ask, Woody. I'm going to go down in flames, and soon. They got me with a hooker a few months ago."

"Marie doesn't know?"

"Nope."

"Why don't you just tell her. Apologize like hell, get down on your knees and beg for her forgiveness."

He almost laughed. "What if she's one of them, Woodie."

I didn't know what to say. "You're thinking that's possible?"

He nodded his head. "They'll crucify me on TV, and within days I'll be gone."

"You know, I think this is going to be impossible to stop. Whatever it is they're doing, they've been planning it for years, quietly moving assets into place, and they're not constrained by the norms of typical political debate. They're going to take out their enemies, violently -- publicly, then, after compromising the ethics of the standing elite, they'll just move in to fill the vacuum."

"Yup. The Romans did it that way a few times, and it worked for them, I guess. Quick, bloody coups work. That's the lesson."

"So, we're Rome now?"

He snorted. "Hell, we're just people, Woodie. People arrive at similar solutions to similar problems."

"And we create the same problems, over and over again, don't we?"

"Maybe so. Whatever, someone else made that call. We either fight them now, or we roll over and play dead."

"I think I should get on my goddamn boat and get the fuck out of Dodge."

"I do too. I would if I could."

"Then why? Why ask me to do this?"

"Maybe there's a chance you and Tate can figure something out."

"You've got to be kidding. A group with thousands of people spread throughout government, with several years head start, and that's killing with impunity? What am I supposed to figure out, Chief?"

"Look at it this way, Woodward. We're in the beginning stages of a civil war. The president and the Joint Chiefs are looking at it this way, too. The next step is to find the snake and cut off it's head."

"What if there's more than one snake?"

"Then they're going to start killing all the snakes."

"What?"

"You heard me. It kind of gives a whole new meaning to Gender Wars, doesn't it? Round up suspected women, everywhere, and kill them."

"This is seriously being considered?"

"The pieces are being moved on the board as we speak." He looked at me, then at Tate.

"And pawns will be sacrificed," I sighed, "won't they?"

"Yes, Woodie, pawns will be sacrificed."

+++++

I gave the girls the rundown and they took the news about as expected: Sephie went into full meltdown mode and Liza went aft and helped me pack, then she started packing a bag too. Tate looked at her, then at me -- shaking his head.

"What are you doing?"

"We're coming with you. And don't even think of arguing with me, either of you." When she was packed, she went forward and got Persephone. "Where's your Passport?" she asked, and they went went to my safe and got them just as I felt else someone hop onboard.

"Woodie?" I heard Anders say from the cockpit.

"Yes, Chief?"

"How's your heart?"

I shrugged.

"Would it be better if these girls went with you?"

"Probably."

"Well, get 'em packed up, then we'll make a run for the airport."

"Yes, Chief." He threw me a wallet, and I opened it -- then looked up at him.

"I know. Kind of funny, but Brennan insisted, and who knows, it may come in handy. Anyway, if anyone asks you're the AD of their SeaTac field office, tasked with counter-terrorism operations. And you're authorized to carry this," he said, handing me a Sig P-220, "everywhere. Even on the goddamn airplane."

Liza was looking at all this go down, then she came up from behind and put her arms around me. "Come on, sweet-cheeks," she said. "It's time to go save the world."

+++++

We flew over on Air France, in one of those A380 double deckers, and the changes were obvious, and unsettling.

In the airport, very few women seen, not even behind the counters. On the aircraft, the same story: all the flight attendants were male, and only a few passengers were female -- and those were Muslim. Not that it mattered; on an airplane designed to haul over 500 people, there were less that fifty on board, and it didn't matter what class you were in, everyone got the same chow. Factory made sandwiches, all beverages either canned or poured from a sealed bottle. Paranoia run amok, I think, and to me it felt like the initial conclusions had been assimilated by leaders in Washington D.C. and then passed on to world leaders: a cabal of women is behind these attacks, and they are intent on taking over the country, maybe even the world. Was Anders mimicking a greater breathless hysteria, or was something really so formidably drastic taking shape all around us?

The four of us sat together on the upper deck, and there was a television show playing while we boarded, a French production, the dialogue translated as text, streaming along the bottom of the screen. Women all across Europe were not showing up at their jobs, men were reporting that wives and girlfriends had simply stopped having sex with them, then a reporter in Tokyo was onscreen, saying much the same thing. In Brazil? The same. Cape Town? Ditto. From Amsterdam to Zimbabwe, women were disengaging from civic life, and from their personal routines, too. More ominously still, local politicians' illicit sex lives were making their way online, or on-the-air, and the same pattern noted first in Dallas, then around the United States, began appearing around the world. Weird sex clubs and rampant pedophilia were the norm in these lurid exposés, and some of these politicians resigned forthwith. Many others soon turned up in charred wreckage somewhere -- a bombed out motel or warehouse frequently the scene.

And I noticed that while Sephie watched the unfolding horror with empathy in her eyes, Liza watched for a moment -- then turned away.

And perhaps I hadn't seen the faint echoes of a smile on her face. Maybe it was all just my imagination.

Then I saw a live report from Paris, something about Christmas shopping, and I saw snow falling in the cameras lights, then looked down at my shorts and boat shoes. Had I even packed one pair on long pants? Hell, I couldn't even remember if I owned any long pants.