Prejudice Ch. 02

Story Info
Love in the summer - Russia 1941.
4k words
4.27
8.8k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 07/06/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On Sunday, 22 June 1941, Anna and Niki woke to shouting in the building. "The Germans have attacked! The Germans have attacked!" The radio reported the attack and said that the Red Army was fighting valiantly but with no more details.

On Tuesday all the workers gathered in the main factory building to hear Comrade Biebler, Elena's father, give a speech. At the end of the speech, he asked for volunteers from all men under forty. They would leave immediately for the front. They couldn't even go home. Anna was lucky to have five minutes with Niki before he left.

***

By the following Thursday German tanks were driving through the main square. The Red Army had abandoned the city so there was no fighting which was a blessing. The next morning everyone went to work as usual.

About mid-afternoon on Friday the workers were again gathered for a speech. This time it was given by a German. He explained how the workers were free now to follow their hopes. There would be no more diktats from Moscow. At the end of the speech six of the local Party commissars were brought on to the platform with the speaker. Comrade Biebler was one of the six. The speaker drew his pistol and walked behind the commissars. Then he shot each one in the back of the head.

Anna couldn't go back to work. She told her supervisor that she was feeling ill. The Germans were so cruel. Where was Niki? Had they shot him, too? She was crying by the time she got back to their apartment. Would it ever be their apartment again? When she opened the door, she jumped back and screamed. A strange, dirty, bedraggled man was on her couch.

"Anna, don't you recognize me?"

Anna looked closer. She screamed again. This time in joy. "Niki!" She flung her body across his. Anna cried for several minutes, her body shaking as all the pent up fear flowed out. Finally, she calmed down. She noticed that Niki's legs were bandaged. She could see bloody splotches on the white gauze.

"My god, you're hurt! What happened? Who did this? How did you get back here?"

"Slow down. I'm alright," he replied soothingly. "Let me tell you what happened."

***

Niki and the others had been loaded on to trucks at the factory gate. Slowly the trucks had driven about four hours west before stopping and unloading the workers. Niki and four others were taken about fifty meters into the woods and handed shovels. A sergeant told them where and how to dig trenches and went off to another group. It was hard work, but everyone worked together. Niki even remarked how he hoped they'd get some rifles to fight the Germans. He jumped to the top of the trench and pretended his shovel was a rifle.

By early evening they had finished digging about thirty meters of trench. They were beginning to work on what the sergeant called fire steps and machine gun emplacements when troops began to arrive. The troops were bedraggled and several of them were wounded. Niki particularly noticed a young boy who couldn't have been more than 17 or 18. He had a bandage around his left forearm and looked very scared.

"We don't have any chow and we won't have trucks to take you to the next position until tomorrow morning," the sergeant told them. "If a comrade needs your help, do what you can. Otherwise, find a soft piece of ground and bed down for the night. We'll get you off in the morning."

The soldiers began organizing in the trench. Setting up two machine guns and spacing themselves along the length of the earthworks, they acted like they expected the Germans any minute, but nothing happened.

Niki didn't sleep well. The ground was hard and despite it being summer it was cool in the woods. No food showed up for breakfast, nor trucks either. About half an hour after sunrise, Niki heard vehicles on the road.

"Get into the trench," the sergeant yelled at the factory workers.

They jumped down into the bottom while the soldiers lay against the mounds of earth that had been thrown up from the digging. Niki was at one end so by leaning out a little he was able to see what was happening.

A truck drove down the road. "Hold steady, comrades," the sergeant said. Don't fire yet."

But one of the machine guns opened up and immediately everyone else joined in. The racket was terrific. It was ten times worse than being in the factory's machine shop at mid-morning. Niki saw the Germans jumping out of the truck. A couple fell down, but most of them got into the roadside ditch and returned fire. The German bullets made a peculiar crack as they passed overhead. Niki heard some hit the trees nearby, but none of the Russian soldiers seemed affected. The German truck started to burn.

The firing died down to an occasional shot from either side. Then suddenly the tanks showed up. They were squat, ugly things moving slowly, but they turned directly toward the trench. Niki could clearly see the flashes from the machine gun in one turret and then the other one fired its gun. The shell exploded way up in the tree tops and splinters and light debris fell on them.

Even though no one had been hurt, Niki saw the young boy jump out of the trench. The sergeant saw him, too, and went after him. In four or five strides he caught him by the collar. Pulling him around he began to push him back to the trench. Suddenly a flash of light was followed by a loud boom and clods of earth were thrown over everyone. When Niki looked back up, he couldn't tell that two people had once been where the smoke was. Then he saw four boots scattered about a pile of white-red flesh. Although he hadn't eaten in almost a day, he leaned over in the trench with dry heaves.

When his stomach quit flopping around, he looked out again. The tanks were halfway to the trees. Their machine guns were flashing brighter. A shell from a tank hit the other end of the trench and destroyed one of the Russian machine guns while killing several soldiers. A bright flash hit Niki's eyes and then darkness.

When Niki came to he was lying on his stomach. He could hear voices nearby, but couldn't make out anything. A soldier moaned in the trench. Niki looked around and saw a uniform moving. He started to rise to go to the man, but pain shot through his legs.

Rolling to his back, Niki looked down. He saw several pieces of metal sticking out of his thighs and shins. There were splinters of wood piercing his trousers. His head hurt also. He probed gently and felt his hair matted with blood. He heard the soldier moan once more. Using his heels to push, he slid on his back toward the sound.

When he got to the man, he could see that he had a large gash in his side although the bleeding was mostly stopped. "You doing okay?" Niki asked.

The man moaned again, and then his eyes fluttered open. "Side hurts like hell," he replied.

"I guess so. You got a bandage?"

"Look in the pouch on my back."

Niki reached in and pulled out a wad of gauze and cotton. The voices began to move closer. Niki could tell now that they were German and he caught a few words from his four years instruction in school.

"I'll get those fascist bastards," the soldier growled and reached for a rifle lying beside him.

Niki was startled. If the soldier fired, they would both be killed in the return fire from the Germans. He saw the man's bayonet in its scabbard next to the pouch. He pulled it out just as the soldier fired wildly.

"What are you doing?" The soldier looked at him quizzically.

Niki knew he had to do something quickly. "Deutsche sind Freunde!" he yelled. It was a bad translation of 'Germans are our friends', but he had to try. Then Niki thrust the half-meter blade into the wound and up into the man's chest.

"Help, help," Niki called out throwing his bloody hands in the air.

Almost immediately several feldgrau uniforms appeared pointing rifles at him. Another person came up who seemed to be in charge. He had a double red stripe down the side of his trousers. The officer barked out an order. One of the riflemen helped Niki out of the trench, being careful not to aggravate his wounds.

In a few minutes another soldier arrived and began to speak to him in passable Russian. "What were you doing here?"

He started telling him a story, pausing occasionally to let the translator relay to the officer what he was saying. "On Tuesday they came to my factory and forced all the men to leave at gunpoint. They loaded us on trucks and brought us out here to dig the trenches. They treated us very badly, wouldn't let us eat, very little water. And then we got caught in the fighting."

Niki recounted other parts of his "forced" work and the "cruel" things the sergeant had done. "I'll tell you, when he was killed it was a relief to most of us. He was so horrible for no reason. Then that soldier wanted to shoot you in the back. I couldn't let him murder you."

When he finished his tale, the officer and translator talked briefly. Then the translator came back. "We're going to send you to the local aid station where a doctor can look at your wounds. Then we'll send you off home. Of course you'll have to be careful of any fighting."

"Thank you, thank you. I told my pals that you Germans would be good to us."

The next morning Niki was standing by the road in a small village. The Germans had cleaned and bandaged his wounds, given him a hot meal and a place to sleep. Now with a pass in his pocket, he began hitchhiking back to the city travelling with German soldiers on their way to the front. His years of German in the gymnasium began to return to him as he bantered with the troops heading out to fight his countrymen.

Finally, after being picked up and dropped off more times than he cared to remember, just before noon on Friday he was dropped at a crossroads about 10 kilometers west of the city. He managed to hobble to their apartment where Anna found him. He had skipped over the part about killing the Russian soldier and calling on the Germans to befriend him.

"I was so afraid that you wouldn't be back," Anna said. She told him about the meeting that day and the executions.

"Let me fix you a good meal," Anna said when Niki finished his story. She didn't have any meat in the house. Shopping had been sketchy since the war started. She set out some cheese and fresh bread and heated up some soup. A beer and vodka completed the dinner. Afterwards she drew him a bath and washed his back and chest.

"Why did you stop," Niki asked when she dropped the wash cloth into the water.

"Well – ," she had never touched his manhood except to brush it in bed occasionally and once when she guided him into her. That time she had had several shots of vodka beforehand and he had put her hand on his hardness.

"Come on. Don't you want me clean?"

She reached for the cloth. She was so glad that he was back and not hurt badly. The others that had gone out with Niki had not come back. "You are hurt, so I guess I need to be careful."

He put one leg, then the other up on the lip of the bath while she washed him. When the second leg was done, he continued to lie back with his eyes closed, waiting.

She pushed the cloth down under the water. As she reached lower, he spread his legs. She bumped into his prick. "Get me clean all over. You need to be gentle and use your hands."

She put the cloth on the side of the tub and soaped up her hands. Reaching under the water she grasped his prick and lightly stroked it up and down. Soon his member thrust half out of the water. Her other hand dipped lower. She gently caressed his balls.

"That's nice," he said. His eyes were closed and he was breathing heavier. "Do it faster," he requested.

She did. Soon the water was splashing from her hand. She leaned over and kissed him. He responded with a wet tongue. They kissed for several minutes. When they broke apart, her blouse was soaked from the splashing. She could feel that her panties were soaked also.

"You'll catch your death of cold in those wet clothes. Take them off."

She shivered. They made love almost every day and twice, sometimes three times, on the weekend. Somehow, after their two-day honeymoon, she always had some clothes on: a nightgown or he'd throw up her skirt and pull down her panties. The idea of being completely naked with him also completely naked sent a fire through her body.

She stood up slowly. She saw the tip of his prick above the water as she unbuttoned her skirt. She turned her back to him as she lowered the skirt to the floor and stepped out of it making sure he had a good view of her panty-covered backside.

He stared as she straightened up and then pushed her panties down. The inversion of the way she usually undressed made this event super-sexy. She turned to face him. He could see her clit sticking out at the top of her furrow. He reached out and put a hand behind her leg and pulled.

She was surprised when he pulled her toward him, but she didn't hold back. She felt his whiskers scratch her belly. Suddenly he rolled his face around and his lips captured her clit. She felt something wet between his lips and realized he was licking her. He had never done that before and it seemed so nasty. But the feelings that his tongue caused made her weak in the knees. "I feel like I'm going to fall. Hold me up," she moaned.

He heard her say something and she grasped the back of his head, pulling him hard into her center. He wouldn't give up this luscious taste, this honey of hers on his tongue, and he kept licking. She moaned low and long. She twisted in his arms and then slowly collapsed into the tub with him, still in her blouse and bra.

"You haven't finished cleaning me yet," he whispered in her ear.

"I thought you wanted me out of these wet clothes." She pouted and half-smiled at him as she reached for the buttons of her blouse. Soon she was as bare as he was.

"Now, where was I," she asked. He took her hand and placed it back on his cock.

"Oh yes, I remember." She leaned in to kiss him again as her hand resumed its stroking. He began caressing her breasts.

After a minute or two he pulled away from her mouth. "Oh god, I'm going to ... cum."

Anna felt his manhood jerk in her hand. Then a white stream gushed into the air. She was fascinated. Of course she had felt him jerk inside her, but she had never seen him in the open like this. Several more spurts went up and fell back on her hand.

"Well, I sure hope that's your first one and not your last tonight," she teased him.

"You see what happens just being around you. Tonight you'll lose count of how many times you cum and I won't be far behind you."

They got out of the tub. He dried her off. Then she dried him off. She stood up admiring his tight muscles and his reawakened cock. She turned her back to him as she hung up the towel. "I'm awfully tired now," she said looking over her shoulder. "I think I'll just go to sleep."

He took two steps toward her and popped her playfully on her ass. "I'll see you in bed, but I don't think you'll get to sleep for a while."

"You'll have to catch me first." She skipped down the hall laughing.

Niki caught up with her in the bedroom and they embraced in a new kiss. "Show me everything you do," he requested after he broke the kiss. As he said that he took one of her hands and moved it to her triangle.

She knew what he wanted. "I – I've never done that before."

"Do it now. Show me."

She was shy, but today he was safe at home with her. She'd do anything for him. She moved a step back and drew one of her hands up her side. "Watch me caress my breast." Her fingers floated over the smooth skin down from her collarbone and veered into the valley between her mounds.

Her eyes closed. "I can feel how your hands touch me, a man's hands, but gently setting my nerves on fire." Her fingernails drew slowly tightening circles around one breast. When they arrived at an areola, she changed to using the pads at the tips of her fingers to caress the pink pebbly skin, but she didn't touch the nipples yet.

"My nipples are stiff and I haven't even brushed them yet. Think about how stiff they get for your fingers." She opened her eyes and stared straight at him. Then she caught one between thumb and forefinger. She pulled and then she twisted.

He heard her gasp as her eyes fluttered closed again. He had expected her to rub her pussy for a minute and then beg him to fuck her. This was much sexier than he expected. Her throaty voice betrayed her building desire.

Now the hand that was idle moved in circles on her belly. "My body's getting so hot, so hot for you. I feel like I'm melting." The hand descended slowly to her dark gold curls.

He was transfixed. He couldn't decide where to look. Her top hand moved to the neglected breast to grasp the nipple. At the same time, she bowed her legs a little and let the lower hand slip between them. He saw one finger curl and then disappear up inside.

"See how I'm melting." She pulled her hand up extending the one finger that had been briefly hidden. It glistened in the dim light. She held it up as she backed up until her legs were against the bed. She sat and spread her legs straight out. The finger traced a line from the bottom of her pussy up to the little button at the top. It circled around the button several times.

"Oooohh," she groaned. Her eyes closed as she fell back on the bed. "I can see your cock coming towards me. It looks so eager to get inside."

Her movements cast a spell on Niki. Her last sentence broke it and he rushed forward. He leaned over her and kissed her nipples. Then he fell over her catching himself on his arms. His cock ended up against her pussy. Thrusting his hips forward he slid into her easily. They hadn't used this position before. Their normal position was the traditional Russian 'grasshopper' position with him behind her. Now they needed to look at each other, recognizing how close they had come to never seeing each other again. It was early in the morning before their passion of reunion was sated.

***

Two weeks later Niki was called to the plant manager's office. "Rostov, you're to report to the District Administrator's office."

Niki's face immediately showed concern. An order to go to the German headquarters in the city couldn't be good.

"I don't think you have to worry, m'boy. The clerk who called assured me that it was a good thing for you."

A half-hour later Niki was ushered into an office in the District Administrator building. "Guten Morgen." The Oberst behind the desk didn't offer to shake hands.

"Herr General Steiner recommended you as a person who spoke German and could be trusted."

"I had some German in the gymnasium and I do good work."

"I need someone to oversee the Russian clerks in the Food and Rations office. You'll report to me."

So began Niki's career with the Occupation Forces. At first he was just in charge of the clerks issuing ration cards to the residents of the District. He applied the techniques he learned in the factory to organize and monitor the Ration Clerks in the city. Then he took his procedures and auditing techniques to the outlying towns where other clerks were stationed. Soon the Oberst acknowledged that Niki had a very efficient operation.

His German returned quickly, helped by his twice weekly visits after hours to his old teacher from the gymnasium. He also took every opportunity to talk casually with the Leutnants, Hauptmans and Majors in the administration. He even got to talk with the Oberst occasionally on a personal level.

In September misfortune for one person led to good fortune for Niki. The head of the other Food Administration section, who was responsible for the shipment of food from the Collectives, was killed by partisans. Since Niki's section was working smoothly and since everybody liked Niki, he was promoted to oversee both sections for the District.

12