Prelude to a Proposal

Story Info
I couldn't accept his proposal unless he accepted mine.
15.4k words
35k
28
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pghpa
pghpa
1,032 Followers

Chapter 1 - Family Traditions

=============================

If there is one thing my family's big on, it's traditions. That applies to both my mom and dad's side although my dad's family is a lot bigger. As a rule, we all get together at least three times a year - Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. As the families have gotten larger this has become more difficult to manage, especially as my cousins married into other families with demands of their own, but as a rule most if not all of us kept making it every year. Usually we met at someone's home, trying to rotate it so no one family got stuck with all the work. This year someone got the bright idea of gathering at a "neutral" location and it was hotly debated as to where, with Pigeon Forge winning out.

Why Pigeon Forge? Heck if I know. Well, I DO know that my Uncle Paul owns a timeshare which he was able to trade in for a really nice cabin in the mountains outside the main city area. But then he could have done something similar at just about any place we chose to meet but someone had this big idea that it was the place to meet. Nobody asked me, I guess I was just expected to go along with the group decision.

So back to traditions...

As I started to say, all my life the concept of the sanctity of family has been drilled into me. It's the classic "We may not always get along but we are always family." Another way to put it is, "You can pick your nose but you can't pick your relatives" or something like that. No matter how we might fuss or who is arguing with who, it's just a given that when it comes time for one of our family gatherings that you show up and be nice.

Each family also has its own traditions. I know my Uncle Paul and his family have always had this big Christmas Eve Santa Claus routine where he dresses up as Santa and brings in the toys. Uncle Jim and his family go on a big fishing trip every Memorial Day weekend up to some cabin by Lake Erie where they have stayed every year since I can remember. Some traditions are publicized while others are kept more private. For instance, almost none of my father's side of the family is involved in incest and indeed, if most of them knew, especially my aunts, all hell would break loose. So in the grand scheme of things there are overall family traditions, then the individual family traditions, and finally the more personal ones. For instance, my Uncle Paul and Aunt Julie spend every wedding anniversary at the same cabin in the Pocono Mountains where they spent their honeymoon.

One of my favorite traditions when I was home on break from college was having my dad stop by my room each morning as he got ready for work. Now that I've graduated I can't please him in that way very often so that's been replaced by our Sunday morning tradition where whenever possible I stop by his house just before church and we have sex and then go straight to church immediately after. We've been doing it for so long now that it's like I feel bad all week when we miss a week.

So now it was time for the annual Thanksgiving gathering. As I said, plans were for us all to drive down there and meet at the cabin. I HATE long car drives but with my Aunt Linda and Kristi joining us that always helped the time to go by more quickly. There WAS one big difference this year - my boyfriend Steve and his mother would be joining us.

Steve was actually my first boyfriend and the older brother of Sharon, one of my best friends. I never dared dream that he would ever ask me out but after flirting with him at a weekend camping trip with Sharon and some of our college friends, I was thrilled when he called to ask me out. Making a long story short, I wasn't a virgin much longer and for the next six months or so, Steve and I had sex as often as I could get him to give it to me. During that time he was the only boy I had sex with and I even dreamed that someday he might marry me.

It crushed me when Steve's mom was transferred to the west coast. His dad had dumped her for some young bimbo at work and so she had to pretty much do whatever her work required. We tried to keep in touch but over time that faded and the next time I heard from him was years later when I got a wedding announcement in the mail. If I had been crushed when he moved away, all those feelings reemerged and if anything I felt even more devastated. No matter how many guys I'd had sex with after Steve left, not to mention my own father, I never fully forgot my first love. Yes, I DID go to the wedding just to see who he was marrying. By the time it was over I had a pretty good idea it wouldn't last for long. Face it, it's not a good sign when the first girl the groom fucks after he says his wedding vows isn't his new wife!

Despite myself, I felt a little guilty when I heard their marriage was soon annulled but not THAT guilty. But then I heard from him again and it came as a shock when out of the blue someone tapped me on the shoulder just after a church service. It was Steve! As it turned out his mom had been transferred back to the 'burgh. Steve had just finished his paramedic training and was looking for a job so he moved back with her and was now living with her while trying to get his feet in the ground. His sister Sharon and younger brother stayed in California with their friends and careers.

It was like all those years apart had never happened as Steve and I reunited - in more ways than one. We tried to keep open minds and didn't go "exclusive" but in my heart I knew he was "the one" from the first time I laid eyes on him. I'd had a number of boyfriends over the years and there was one I even thought I might marry but he had betrayed me and left me bitter and distrustful. Steve was the best thing to happen to me in years!

As we dated and got together whenever possible, I found myself wondering if Steve felt the same about me. I think from the day he first found me in church had he proposed to me I would have said YES without hesitation and every day since then I just felt it all the more. I like to think that the reason he moved back with his mother was to see me again although he has never admitted it. My girlfriends all loved him and even my dad approved - a MAJOR plus for Steve. Now all he had to do was ask the right question.

As anxious as I was for THE question, I was always worried about one thing. My Aunt Linda had married a man who thought he understood what it meant for his wife to have an incestuous relationship with her family but he never really was exposed to it until after the wedding. Although they hung together for almost three years, he never accepted it. Their divorce served as a constant reminder to me that whoever I married had to be fully accepting of my lifestyle. As I said from the beginning, I've been raised such that family is my number one priority. My aunt was forced to choose between her family and her husband and I never want to be placed in such a horrible situation myself.

Back when I thought Duane was about to propose to me, I didn't tell him everything, but just enough to see how he might react. What I found was that just knowing my aunt and cousin had sex was enough to push him over the edge to where he actually turned on me and betrayed me, threatening to expose me to my church and school. Had not my dad stepped in, I don't know what might have happened. What my dad did exactly I've never been told but I never want to have to ask him for that sort of help again.

One thing I had going for me was I knew Steve was not a TOTAL stranger to incest. His sister Sharon had a crush on him and she was insanely jealous of me when she learned I was having sex with him. Steve never had any such interest in his sister though, no matter how she tried, but it wasn't like he didn't know about it. The real secret was one we didn't even talk about these days. Back when we dated his mother had "caught" us having sex in their house. She even took pictures. The shocker was that before it was over Steve and her did it as well, right in front of me! It was the first time I witnessed an incestual act and it was between my boyfriend and his mother! Now he swore that it had never happened again but at the same time at least he has been exposed to the concept in a positive manner. Well, it seemed VERY positive at the time.

Even though we'd been dating now since June, so far as I knew Steve was still totally in the dark when it came to my family relationships. Heck, if anything Steve was far more intimate with his mother than I was with my father when Steve was around. My quandary was, how do you tell someone you love that you have been having sex with your father?? It's not like some porn novel where you just go up and say it and suddenly everyone gets horny and a family orgy ensues. This was real life and I knew from past experiences that it simply doesn't work that way. What if I told Steve and he was repulsed and broke up with me? Sure in the long run that would be the best for both of us but it wasn't what I wanted to happen no matter what. All I knew was that I'd better hurry as my cousin and friends were started to kid me that Steve was getting ready to pop the question. If they were right, then I had work to do because I wanted to say YES when the time came!

Chapter 2 - Road Trip

=====================

When I was little, if there was thing that drove me nuts it was being locked in a car for hours on end. Maybe had I been raised differently it would've been different but our family rarely drove long distances. Going to Grove City north of Pittsburgh to visit my mom's parents was considered a TRIP and that was less than two hours. The absolute worse was our annual pilgrimage to the Chicago area to visit my Dad's mom. Nine to ten hours cooped up in the back seat of an SUV was hell on earth for a young girl like me.

Things got to be a little better for me when I turned eighteen and started to seriously masturbate. At home my parents encouraged me to do it whenever I felt the need which made life for me a lot simpler than most kids my age who had to hide it from their parents. I've always thought that this is stupid since their parents did it too. My parents both masturbated, my dad especially, so why make me feel guilty about it? Fortunately they didn't. The only time my mom stepped in was when I first started to learn how good it felt and she would catch me touching myself at times and places where little girls just don't do those sort of things!

So anyway, having the backseat all to myself turned out to be not so bad on those long trips and if anything, I sometimes even felt a little disappointed when the trip was over. When my cousin started doing it we would play games like seeing who could cum the fastest and such. Fortunately the windows in my dad's SUV were heavily tinted so prying eyes couldn't see what we were doing as at that age you don't worry about such things.

As masturbation turned to sex, trips with Kristi got to be even more fun. Perhaps the biggest change was after my dad started having sex with me. Sometimes my mom would take over the driving duties so my dad could get in the backseat with me for a while. As you can see, today I see road trips in an entirely new light. Even when I was driving three hours to college I passed the time with one hand on the steering wheel and the other between my legs.

I learned from my early dating days that it doesn't really matter how far you drive, being in the car on the road can be fun even for short distances. Sometimes I just tease the guy driving, like playing with myself and letting him watch. Other times I might flash the driver next to us or even let a trucker up above look down and see me playing with myself. Some guys get off on the exhibitionist stuff while others would get angry and jealous. However, none of them protested when I turned my attention to them. I think one of the fantasies that most every guy has is getting road head. Leaning over and sucking a guy's dick while he is driving can be just as exciting for me as for him.

Lucky for me, Steve is one of those guys with enough ego and self-confidence to push me when it comes to the exhibitionist fun. His attitude has always been that while the other guys leave wishing they could fuck me, he actually gets to so let them look and wish all they wanted. It just made him feel all the better being the one I turned to when it came to really having sex.

This would be the first road trip with Steve joining us as a family so I wasn't really sure how it was going to go down. To make things complicated, his mother would be traveling with us. To further muddy the waters, she was well aware that her son and I were having sex. In fact, she made it a point to watch us whenever she had the chance. I have to admit that it was more than just a little bit weird at first for her to come in the room and just sit in a chair and watch as her son had sex with me. Over time I learned to ignore her as she never showed any interest whatsoever in joining in or even saying anything. When we were done she would leave without even once so much as touching herself. Of course I had no idea what she did when she returned to her room, but when she was with us she was the model of self-control.

What made it interesting was that while she had no idea of anything going on within my family, everyone in my family knew everything about her, including her little fetish about watching her son and girlfriend having sex. I wasn't sure if she would be mortified or titillated had she known everyone knew so for the time being I just kept my mouth shut about it when I was with her.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I want to reiterate that there is nothing going on between Steve and his mother today. I'll admit that at first I had some hefty suspicions that they were doing things when I wasn't there. Face it, how many mothers enjoy watching their sons having sex? That said, how many boys are OK with their mothers watching in the first place?

While they never did any really sexual together, Steve and Marlene were quite touchy-feely so when he came home and kissed his mom, it wasn't your typical mother-son peck on the cheek but more like my dad would have given my mom after a long day at work! Sitting together with us on the couch, she wasn't shy about cuddling next to him and while she kept her hands away from his crotch, pretty much everything else as fair game. She also didn't have any problems with his roaming hands either, even when they were on her breasts. It was always over something but sometimes that "something" was not much more than a thin cotton T-shirt or a silk robe. It was a rather unique thing they had going but at the same time, they each seemed to know where the line was and so far as I'd ever seen, they never crossed it. While his mother certainly saw HIM nude plenty, she never was naked in front of him, at least not that I've ever witnessed. When it was just me there, like when I was waiting for him to get home or work, she wasn't shy about being nude and if anything she might have been eligible for being called a nudist except that when Steve was home she always wore something on top with her panties, even if it was just a bra.

The reason I say all this is I had NO idea what was going to happen on our long drive coming up but I got the idea it would be interesting if nothing else. My dad's SUV had three rows of seats so it was to be my mom and dad up front, Steve, his mom and me in the middle, and Kristi would get the third seat all to herself in back. The last seat really was meant for kids as it had very little leg room so although it supposedly held two people, it really was only large enough for one and Kristi was the smallest of us all anyway.

Had it been summer things might have been even more interesting but with the end of November arriving, shorts with a cami or bikini tops were NOT the dress code. That didn't mean we needed to be dressed in parkas while in the SUV, but we still would need to get out now and then so a little concession had to be given to the weather. Most of our luggage was piled on top of the SUV on the luggage rack as there was just a little space behind Kristi and it was rapidly filled with a couple of overnight bags. It probably would've been better to take two vehicles but nobody wanted to split up and besides, it would've doubled the gas costs.

My school let out the entire week of Thanksgiving so my schedule was open for whatever was needed. Steve wasn't eligible for any vacation days yet so he just had to arrange for his shifts to be covered and take the pay hit for missed work. Marlene didn't say anything about her work much but she didn't seem to have any problem getting off. Kristi and her mom's realty work was practically zero during a holiday week so it want like they were missing anything. The only person with schedule issues was my dad but as one of the senior partners nobody would give him any flack about taking whatever time he needed. It's not like he didn't work ridiculous hours normally anyways.

As such, we decided to leave early Wednesday morning which should get us there sometime late in the day. Our plans were to return home Sunday which gave us three solid days to relax and enjoy. I'd never been to the area but I heard it was pretty and mountainous so I was looking forward to the trip.

***************

"So is Stevie going to pop the question this weekend?"

I just huffed in response. It was only about the one hundredth time my cousin had asked this past week so the joke was getting a little stale. Besides, I hated it when she called him "Stevie" like he was a little boy. Steve might be a lot of things but he was NO little boy!

We'd been packing for the trip in the morning. How I was supposed to fit everything into one suitcase was beyond me. My dad should have just broken down and rented a trailer if we weren't going to take two cars. My frustrations with having to choose between outfits and my cousins incessant nagging had me about ready to snap!

"Oh c'mon cuz, just teasin' ya," she said, slapping me playfully on my bare butt which I'd unwittingly exposed to her from under my T-shirt as I leaned over in yet another vain attempt to force my suitcase closed.

"Well, he'd better pretty soon if he wants to get any," I grumbled, putting my hand to my cheek as I tried to figure out what to leave behind. It ALL was so necessary!

"Yeah right, like YOU are going to hold out on anyone," she taunted me.

"I can say no," I came back to her with my arms crossed on my chest.

"Oh yeah? Like when?" she teased me even more. Well, maybe some other guy but I had to admit, it Would be hard to say no to Steve, especially when he was hard.

"So anyway, how's this gonna work with his mother coming along and all?" she asked, getting more serious for a moment. "Like, is she gonna freak or what if we start having fun on the trip?

"I turned to her and wagged my finger at her. "Now listen Kristi, we talked about this. I really need you to behave."

"Don't I always?" she said, trying to act all sweet and innocent, "Your dad never complains."

"You know what I mean," I warned her again.

"All I got to say is that it's gonna be a LONG trip if we just count license plates," she fumed, "If you're not going to do anything then don't go blaming me for what happens."

"DAMN!" I hissed under my breath.

Kristi's eyes widened but it wasn't her I was pissed at. I thought I had the suitcase conquered but just then the damn clasp came undone again.

"Why do you need so many clothes anyway? It's not like anyone will care what you're wearing."

She was technically correct but it was the principle. In any case I didn't care about my relatives, I wanted to look good for Steve this weekend. It was like she was reading my mind.

"The only thing Steve will want to see you in your birthday suit anyway," she giggled, reaching out to run her fingers between my legs quickly before she scampered out as I reached to slap her hand.

pghpa
pghpa
1,032 Followers