Prison

Story Info
Young adult moves to new part of England and finds love.
17k words
4.77
12.2k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Story edited by DaveT. I would like to thank the editor for doing a great job with the editing of my story. I have made some minor changes after the edit. If there are any errors in the grammar, it is my doing. I hope you enjoy the story and I am open to any comments.

Enjoy.

Chapter 1

I waited and gazed at the prison gates, the same gates which I saw four years ago from the outside. The gates started to open, and I anticipated to see what my future holds on the other side.

I turned to Mr Williams, the prison Warden, beside me and asked, "How did I destroy everything and the people I loved?"

He turned to look at me with a reassuring stare and said, "Jack, when those doors open everything will be OK. Take my word for it."

He smiled while watching the doors open with me, waiting in anticipation to see what was going to happen.

Let me start from the beginning. You have to go at least six years back to understand how everything I worked for all those years, I managed to lose overnight.

We formerly lived in Liverpool, in the north of England. But as the company my dad worked for was moving to the South-East of England, my parents decided to get a place in Cheshunt. Situated on the outskirts of North London. We wanted to relocate in London but, as rents were high, my parents chose the suburbs of the big city.

I was sixteen at the time; it did not go down too well with me moving so far away from all my friends in Liverpool. I remember it like it was yesterday the words that my dad exclaimed to my mum. "Thank god we only have one child! Can you imagine if we had three or four and they were as rebellious as this one about moving?"

Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Jack. I am 5' 8", brown hair and brown eyes. My hobbies are movies, reading and my main love is athletics. At my previous school, I was in the track and field team. I could say I was hoping to get a scholarship for one of the top universities; that is why I was so upset about coming down to the South-East of England. My teachers knew my training plan and what my dreams were. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying teachers down here aren't good; it's just they don't know me and I don't know them, as you will see later on.

At least we moved during the summer holidays, which made it easier than having to relocate during the middle of a school year. I suppose I can thank my parents for that, as my dad was living out of a suitcase in hotels until he found something to rent. So we could move during the summer when there is no school.

We relocated in August. I started packing everything with mum, while dad would help when he came home during the weekend. We were all surprised at how much stuff we had. You think you don't have much until you start opening cupboards and emptying them. During the weekend of the move, Dad and I gathered all the boxes into a corner of the living room, for the removal men to quickly load them up along with the furniture onto their van.

We arrived at the new place on Monday at about lunch time. Mum and I hadn't seen the place, as dad was viewing properties after work when he was staying down here. I think mum was not very impressed with the house he found.

With both her hands on her hips and with a look that could kill, she said to my dad, "I hope you've bought some paint because you're going to need plenty of it."

Dad smiled at mum and replied, "Don't worry love, Jack and I will have the place looking like new by the end of next week. Why do you think I've got two weeks off from work?"

All I could say to that was two weeks of painting, with the rest of the summer holidays spent unpacking while putting things in their place. It looked like that was going to be another task, as the previous house we lived in was larger with more cupboard space.

Like my father predicted, it took us a couple of weeks of decorating to make the place look presentable. We were putting the last touches to the final room when mum walked in.

With a smile on her face mum praised us, "Now that is more like it. Jack, let your dad finish off. You can get cleaned up and ready for dinner."

Having a quick shower, within ten minutes I was in the living room. "What's for dinner mum?"

"Jack, I noticed a fish and chip shop just down the parade of shops at the end of the road. Here's some money; could you go to get two cod and chips and whatever you fancy."

It was late in the evening, as it started to get dark. As I was approaching the parade of shops, I noticed a group of kids gathered. From the centre, a young voice shouted, "Please don't hurt me. I'll take it off!"

When I was a few feet from them, I exclaimed, "Everything ok, guys?"

There were six of them; they all turned around at the same time to stare at me. Standing there with a young boy among them not more than ten years old. One of the older ones looked like he was the leader. He was holding the young boy from his sleeve. Slightly taller than me, with blonde hair which he had slightly longer at the front all jelled up. He reminded me of a cartoon character.

I yelled at the blonde lad, "I think you've had enough fun for today. You can let him go now, Tin Tin."

All his friends just chuckled. He looked at them, and they immediately stopped.

I was waiting for some steam to come out of his ears. As his face went red, he shouted, "What did you just call me?"

I thought, "great! That's all I need, some headbanger on my case. Great start to a new place. What the heck, what's the worst thing that can happen? Instead of eating fish and chips I end up in intensive care. Let's push it up a notch."

"Got a problem with your hearing, Tin Tin? By the way, where's your little dog? You left him at home?" I smirked at this know fuming teenager in front of me.

More chuckles from his friends. I think I over did it with the last comment. He let go of the kid, made his hands into fists and was starting to charge towards me. All of a sudden there was the sound of a car horn. He stopped on the spot while everyone else looked towards the road, including myself. Going by very slowly was a police car. In it was a bald officer. It looked like Tin Tin but an older version with no hair.

Baldy yelled, "Hey Tony! You want a ride home?"

Tin Tin replied, "OK Uncle!"

He then turned around, and sneered at me, "I'll deal with you later."

As the police car drove away, the others looked at me, nodded their heads and walked back to the parade of shops, chatting like nothing just happened.

I looked down as this kid tried to wipe down his clothes from the dirt. He looked up at me and chirped, "Wow, you just called Tony Tin Tin. I can't wait to tell my friends tomorrow."

As I was watching the boy and smiling at him, I looked up and saw this beautiful girl come hurrying at me. In a flash, I felt a smack on my cheek.

Then she exploded, "Why don't you pick on someone your size? You big bully!"

She grabbed the boy by the arm and dragged him into the night, while he was trying to explain to her what happened.

I made my way to the chip shop, got three cod and chips, then made my way back home. As soon as I got in, my mum looked at me with a frown.

She asked, "Why is your cheek red and what is that big smile on your face?"

"I think I'm going to like it down here, mum."

Come Monday morning. Dad went back to work. Mum and I were busy for a few more days putting the final touches to our new place.

The summer was quite hot this year, so I spent the rest of the summer holidays at home chilling out during the day. In the afternoon I went for my daily 5k run. As we were in the countryside, it wasn't long till I found a nice jogging path, which I used daily. I kept on thinking if I will ever see the girl that took my breath away, so I can at least explain what happened that evening.

Chapter 2

As mum pulled up at the entrance of St Mary's school, she parked the car near the entrance.

She asked, "Do you have your lunch money with you? Are you going to be ok? Do you want me to come inside with you?"

When she finished, she leant forward to kiss me on the cheek; I just put my hand out.

"Mum please, I've got it from here."

I got out of the car and started making my way to the school gate when I noticed a couple of boys staring at me. As I approached them, I saw they were two of the lads in Tin Tin's gang. I went past them, they both nodded their heads.

One of them said, "Alright?"

I looked at him and smiled, nodding my head.

As I entered the school yard, most of the students that were there just stopped what they were doing. I just looked around, found the nearest empty bench to sit down. I took my backpack off my shoulder, opened it and started looking for something to read just to distract me. After a few moments, everyone went back to normal.

A little while later, the school bell sounded. Everyone started making their way into the school. I went straight to the reception desk to ask where I had to go. On approaching the desk, I noticed a group of girls chatting and giggling between themselves.

I said to the lady, who reminded me of the Britain's Got Talent winner Susan Boyle, "Excuse me, could you please direct me?"

"Why don't you look at the information board for your name to see where you need to go young man?"

The girls started to giggle again. Susan Boyle turned to them and irritatedly yelled, "Girls! What is so amusing?"

One of the girls chuckled, "He would, Miss, but he's a new student."

Susan looked at me, smiled, and looked at the girls. "Can one of you girls show this young man were to go please."

All of a sudden the girls scattered around apart from one who just stood there looking away from me.

Shouting out, "Great bunch of friends you are!" she turned and whispered, "Hi," while staring at her shoes.

I recognised her straight away: the girl who slapped me. "Hi."

"If you follow me I'll show you where the information board is."

Then she started to walk down the corridor at a fast pace. I quickly threw my backpack over my shoulder and began to follow her, dodging all the other students while I was trying to keep up with her. It reminded me of one of those movies when the protagonist is hurrying down a busy high road full of pedestrians.

I called out, "Can you tell me what race we are in?"

She suddenly came to a halt, quickly turned around, made eye contact and said, "I am sorry about that night when I slapped you. After my little brother explained to me what happened, I felt like shit. Are you happy now?"

"I didn't say anything. Let's start from the beginning. My name is Jack; it is a pleasure to meet you."

"My name is Emma; I am happy to make your acquaintance."

After the ice breaker, we made our way to the information board in which we both looked up our names to check our schedule for the term. To our surprise, we were in the same form year; we had most of the lessons together. We looked at each other and started laughing.

When we stopped, I asked, "Out of curiosity, why were those boys picking on your brother that night?"

I'll tell you later. Let's go to our lesson. We don't want to be late for English; the teacher is a bit strict on punctuality."

At lunch time, Emma took me to the school canteen to get something to eat. With our trays in hand, we found an empty table to sit down. We didn't get the chance to pick up our cutlery and start eating when our table, as well as the table next to us, was swarmed by her friends. With her eyes fixed on me, she said to her friends, "Thanks a lot for leaving me in such a sticky situation earlier this morning." That's when everyone started laughing, including me.

Then they all started asking me questions, like what city I came from and how long was I staying in Cheshunt. The boys asked if I was into any sports. I looked at them and said that I was into athletics and couldn't wait until tomorrow after school, where I'll be going to the track and field trials. At that moment in time, everyone just went silent.

One of the boys broke the silence by remarking, "Your mate Tin Tin is on track and field team."

That is when I thought to myself, "Wow, news travels fast around here."

Emma looked at me and insisted, "Tomorrow at the trials, promise me that you won't say anything to Tony."

"Like his new nickname," I stated with a smirk.

With crossed arms, she bellowed, "I'm serious, I don't want you to provoke him. His dad is the coach for the track and field team. Tony is the dream that he messed up when he was young."

"Why? What happened to his dad?"

Emma took my hand, looked into my eyes and got up. "Let's go for a walk; I'll tell you all about it."

As we walked towards the track and field area, Emma continued. "He was seventeen years old when Mr Giordano -- that's Tony's -- dad had broken every record on the track in our school. Near the end of the year, we have our annual track and field event with three other schools. All the best athletes from our school, Goffs, Turnford, and Cheshunt all compete. During this event, many scouts come to see the athletes; this is the best chance to get a scholarship to one of the top universities."

"So what happened? Did he get caught taking steroids?" I chirped with a grin on my face.

Emma stared at me for a few seconds and responded, "No, he was accused of interpersonal violence towards another athlete. Claimed that he tripped him up while they were racing in the cross country."

"Guys are always fighting at that age," I confirmed.

"But the other guy ends up in the hospital fighting for his life on a life support machine. He gets away with a slap on the hand, and his family send him away, rumours have it somewhere abroad. Comes back after ten years, married with a wife and a kid and becomes head coach of the school."

"How did he manage that?"

"Money can sometimes influence people in the right places. Like the Board of Education."

"What about the other guy? What happened to him?"

"He was in the hospital for a few months. When he got out of the hospital, he tried to find justice but, as I said, the Giordano family had too much power in the right places. He ends up with a limp for life when he left school. He got a job as a janitor in Turnford school. He has a son that goes to school there, who is the same age as us. I heard that he is being trained by his dad and is excellent."

That evening, I surfed the internet to get a clearer understanding of what happened so many years ago. Like Emma explained to me, it was all there. Local newspaper clips of Mr Giordano when he was young and a picture of a dark-skinned boy, named Colin Brown, who was the victim. As it was close to midnight, I started to prepare myself for bed. I wanted to get a good night's sleep since I had a big day ahead of me tomorrow with the trials.

Chapter 3

As I was approaching the school track, I could see in the distance a group of boys preparing themselves for the trials. I found an empty bench, put my sports bag on it, and began to take off my tracksuit top. Moving away from the others to avoid being in the way, I started doing some stretching and Tai Chi breathing exercises to prepare myself mentally.

I had turned away from the others to be absorbed in my breathing, when I heard a familiar voice say, "Look who it is If it isn't the good Samaritan. There won't be anyone to save you after I finish with you on the track today."

I turned gave him a sneer then turned back to my Tai Chi.

"Don't turn your back to me punk!" he irritably shouted.

"Leave it out, Tony," another voice yelled.

When I turned around, I noticed it was one of his friends.

"Pete! You're taking his side?" Tony exclaimed.

There was a loud whistle which got everyone's attention. When I looked, I saw the resemblance straight away. It was Tony's dad. He picked up his glasses that were hanging on his chest, put them on, looked at his clipboard, and started asking everyone's name, writing them down.

When he finished, he looked at us and said "Gentlemen, there is eighteen of you, our track has eight lanes, there will be two heats. That means I only need sixteen today for the trials."

He then randomly picked two boys pointing at them with his finger said, "Next year lads."

They put their heads down, picked up their bags and started making their way back to the school.

I immediately thought, "Who does something like that without giving them a chance?"

The races that I wanted to compete in were the 100m, 200m, 400m and 800m. In total, there were eight races. I still had to race in all of them, but I was going to use most of my drive in the ones I knew I made good times. For me, it wasn't about winning the race. It was about how long I could last in the field proving my efficiency during that limited amount of time.

The first race was the 110m hurdles. I was in the second heat, so I just sat back to watched as the other racers were ready to start. Tony was in that race; it was a chance to see his capabilities. He won that race with no difficulties. It was the second heat. We all lined up to start; the coach raised the starting pistol. "On your marks, get set, go!" Bang! As I went past the finish line, I noticed there were only two other racers behind me. I finished sixth; that did not even qualify me for the finals.

I was walking back to my bench to have a little rest before my next race. I was sitting there just gazing into space when I saw the coach walking towards me. He stopped, stood right in front of me.

"I hope sending those boys away wasn't a wrong choice," he mocked.

Standing behind him was Tony chuckling. At that moment, I looked up at the stands and saw Emma with a couple of her friends. When she noticed me, she smiled and waved. That was enough to raise my morale.

The next race was the 800m; I was in the first heat. Running in this race was Tony as well. I was in the inside lane which I preferred; that way I can see the other runners' abilities on the first lap. Tony was in the outer lane. Coach raised his starting pistol and started the race. We were all going at a good pace on the first lap, I was gaining ground on the other racers, as I came around the bend on the second lap, I took my pace to the next level. The other runners just disappeared as I passed them. On the last stretch, Tony and I were neck and neck. He saw me; I noticed he tried to push himself. He was no match. We finished the race; I was at least two meters in front.

Everyone started cheering and clapping. I turned to Tony, raised and lowered my eyebrows; he walked away and began kicking whatever item was in his path. I drew my attention back to Emma slowly started walking towards her. While she was clapping, she was yelling, "Impressive! Very impressive!"

It was a long day, due to the two heats. Whoever qualified ran in the finals, the athletes who didn't sit in the stands to watch the finals. Overall I think I did relatively well, considering I didn't push myself too much during a couple of the finals. I didn't want to upset Tony too much. Making the team, was good enough for me. I won the 800m, came second in the 200m and 400m was third in the 100m. The school's golden boy came first in five finals. But I think he was still pissed at me for taking the 800m from him.

"Gentlemen, well done for all your efforts today and I hope to see you all at practice even if your name is not on the qualifying list." Coach said.

The coach then ordered his assistant to collect some items while the rest of us started making our way back to the school.

"What the fuck!" shouted Tony.

Everyone turned towards him. He was staring at the school stands on the top row of seats. Sitting there was a dark-skinned boy. I immediately saw the familiarity with the picture on the newspaper clip. He started making his way down towards Tony, who began to walk towards him angrily.