Prison School Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hunter, I grew up, knowing that homosexuality is wrong. Just like for guys to wear shorts is wrong. Having close friendships with guys is wrong. Listening to saten's music, rock and roll, is wrong. The bible is the only thing right. My parents are very religious. It's how I was raised."

"Fuck, man! You gotta get over this! If you believe in God, you gotta realize that he doesn't make everyone the same, like a cookie cutter. You were planned. You are who you are, and no man is going to change you! Jerry told me how much I hurt you the other night when I called you a fag, and I was only fuckin' with you. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Your parents may be religious, but they damn sure ain't Christians. No real Christian could do what they did to you. Christ never taught hatred or bigotry, he taught love. Our little gang may not practice much religion, but we know about brotherly love, and we care about you."

At this point, Luke is crying. Hunter pulls to the side of the road, and parked, and shut the engine off. He pulls Luke towards him, across the console, letting the tears flow onto his shoulder, while he wraps his arms around Luke. Hunter even has tears flowing down his own face.

Luke, choking, "Hunter, you're harder on me than Mike ever was, and you don't even love me."

"Bullshit! Maybe I don't love you, as a sexual object, but I love you as a friend. Maybe what you need is someone to get tough on you. I have an assignment for you, Luke. Accept yourself, and love yourself! Look in the mirror at that man looking back at you. Tell him, 'You are Luke, you are gay and you are proud, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!' And then tell him you love him, for who he is, not what he is."

Luke, tears finally subsiding, "You really believe that will help me?"

"I sure as fuck hope so!" then, smiling, "I spent a lot of energy on that tirade, I sure as hell hope it wasn't wasted. There is nothing I want more from you, Luke, than to see you develop some self confidence, and pride, in who you are!"

Hunter started the engine back up, and drove them towards Luke's home. He parked in Hamlin's driveway. Both men exited the car, and Hunter walked around to Luke's side, wrapping his arms around Luke, the hug was returned.

"Luke, thanks for going with me tonight. I sincerely hope you won't be afraid to go with me again. I don't always lecture friends like that! Please work on that self-confidence, have a good night, and a good day at work tomorrow."

"Thanks, Hunter. It's been—enlightening, to say the least. Goodnight."

Luke walked into the house, Dad and Mom were watching the 11:00 news, which was about over. Dad came out to the kitchen.

"That game must have gone into triple overtime."

"No," Luke answered, "The bearcats won, 9 to 8. Hunter's father had promised Jimmie a pizza party if they won, and they invited me to party with them, at Vincenzos. Then, Hunter and I had a long chat afterwards. I'm about ready to hit the hay. Buddy, you need to go out before bed?"

Buddy trotted over to the back door, and Luke went out with him. Minutes later they both came back in, and headed on up to bed. Luke stripped, and crawled in, and Buddy, of course, took his place next to Luke, and Luke wrapped his arm around Buddy. It felt so comforting, to have Buddy sleep with him.

As Luke lay there trying to go to sleep, he thought about the conversation he and Hunter had experienced. Then some of the talks he and Mike had shared months ago. He is realizing that his thinking is still being influenced from his fucked up brain. He needs to start listening to his heart. Hunter is right, he needs to accept himself, for who he really is. Hunter is likely much more of a friend than he had previously thought. Hunter laid it out straight! (or maybe just gaily forward?)

(to be continued)