Promises Made and Promises Kept Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What?" I queried, although I knew what they all wanted to know.

"What did you, and Alex, decide to do?" asked Grace, not being one to beat around the bush.

"We decided that we'd be the best friends ever and never see each other again," I said, tearing up as I finished.

Grace rushed over and hugged me, and I just let go and started crying, sobbing onto Grace's shoulder. "Oh, sweetie," she said, "I'm so sorry."

Matthew and Mark jumped up and came over to hug me, too. "It's okay, mom," Matthew reassured me.

"I love you, mom," Mark said.

Before I left to go to Dayton, I had told them that I would see Alex and resolve our relationship. I don't know if they had hoped we'd get together, but they were willing to let me make that choice. I'm glad they're accepting it. I know they all want me to find someone else to love. Bonnie had made me promise on her deathbed to find someone to love. She had also made Matthew, Mark, and Grace promise her to help me do so.

***

After a week of classes that seemed to drag on, I decided to go to the Blue Moon, a lesbian hangout for the more mature crowd, to get Alex out of my thoughts. When I went in, I went up to the bar, found a seat near the end of the bar, and sat down. I noticed that Ron was working at the bar tonight. He was a nice guy and gay. He came over and said, "Hello, Virginia. I haven't seen you here for a while. How're Grace and Kathy?"

"Hi, Ron," I replied, pleased that he remembered me, with as many patrons that come through here. "Grace and Kathy are doing fine. They might be in later. I'll have a Sam Adams."

"Coming right up," Ron said with a smile. He turned to go get my beer. I looked around to see who was hanging out at the bar. My eye caught a tall brunette across from me, and I didn't hide my appraising look. She noticed my attention focused on her and lifted her glass as in a toast to me as she smiled. She had a beautiful smile, and I returned it, feeling a little heat starting below.

Ron came back with my bottle of beer. I thanked him and handed him a twenty, saying, "How about getting the tall brunette across from me another of whatever she's having?"

"Sure, Virginia," Ron said and gave me an exaggerated wink.

I looked over at the woman and toasted her with my beer, giving her my biggest smile. We sat there for a bit, caressing each other with our eyes. I watched as Ron walked over and set another glass in front of her. He gestured in my direction, and she quickly looked at me and smiled another broad smile, lighting up her face. As Ron left to take care of other customers, she picked up her new drink, stood up, and started walking toward me. My eyes followed her, admiring the sway of her hips and her erect carriage, as she approached me.

When she came up to me, I had to tilt my head up to maintain eye contact. She was tall and fit. She said, "Hello, I'm Susan. Thank you for the drink. Mind if I sit here?"

I smiled and replied, "Hello, Susan. I'm Virginia. It was my pleasure, and I'd love for you to sit here."

As she sat on the seat next to me, her short skirt rode up to mid-thigh, and I could see the tops of her thigh highs peeking out from under the hem of her skirt. My nipples tightened, tenting the fabric of my dress. Susan noted where my eyes were and made no attempt to pull her skirt down, for which I was glad. When I looked up, I found her eyes on my erect nipples, a smile on her luscious lips. I wanted to taste those lips, and my desire must have been evident on my face because Susan leaned in, tilting her head down as I tilted my head up, and met her lips with mine.

I loved the taste of her mouth. There was a faint taste of cherry from her lip gloss. They molded to mine, and we extended the kiss as my tongue ran across her lower lip, asking for entrance. Her lips parted, and our tongues met, tentatively feeling each other out. There was no heat just yet, but I could sense that it was building up to something more than just a "Hello, glad to meet you," type of kiss.

My right hand went to Susan's knee, and my left hand went to her hip as our lips lingered together. I slowly slid my right hand up her leg, enjoying the smooth, silky feel of her stockings. Susan's hands came up and cupped my face as my hand slid up to the hem of her skirt. Susan spread her thighs, allowing my hand passage to the final destination. As my hand reached the top of her stocking, I could feel her smooth, warm skin. I could also feel the heat from her pussy just ahead.

Our kiss got more heated, the closer my hand got to its goal. When I reached it, I found that Susan wasn't wearing any panties and was wet. Our eyes locked as I ran my index finger up her slit, feeling it get slick with her juices. Susan shifted, causing my finger to penetrate between her lips, bringing a small moan up in the back of her throat.

We broke our kiss. I pulled my hand from under Susan's skirt and brought my finger up to my mouth. Keeping our eyes locked, I sucked it into my mouth and tasted her juices. This brought a small gasp from Susan's mouth. Her juices were delicious, and it must have shown on my face because Susan leaned in for another kiss, this one a little rougher and more demanding. My hands went up to cup her face. When we broke, we both took in a shaky breath, realizing where this was going.

Ron, the sweetheart that he is, and always one step ahead, came up to us as we turned back to the bar to take another sip from our drinks and handed me a key with the number '2' on it. He gave us an exaggerated wink and went back to serving his customers.

I showed Susan the key, making sure she saw the number, and without a word, finished our drinks before getting up. The Blue Moon had several private bathrooms for its clientele. Ron had given me the key to one of them for women that desired a little privacy for a short time.

We walked to the back and slipped into the bathroom marked '2' after I had unlocked it with the key Ron had given me. While I turned back to lock the door, Susan unfastened her skirt and shimmied out of it before hopping up on the counter, spreading her legs wide. When I turned to her, I saw the desire in her eyes. I'm sure she saw the passion in my eyes as I devoured her exposed pussy with my eyes.

I walked up to the counter between her legs and pulled her in for a kiss. I tilted my head up, and she tilted her head down as our lips met. We kissed passionately. I could feel her hard nipples poking my chest as our kiss continued, our tongues battling each other for dominance. Finally, she surrendered, and I felt her relax as she submitted to my ministrations.

My hands went to Susan's shoulders, and I pushed the fabric of her blouse off her shoulders and pulled her top down far enough to expose her breasts, pinning her arms to her side. Her hard pink nipples stood out proudly, surrounded by her pebbled areolas, begging to be licked, sucked, and nibbled.

As I sucked her right nipple into my mouth, laving it with my tongue as I sucked on it, my hands went to Susan's thighs, resting on the tops of her thigh highs. I ran my fingers up and down her thighs as I sucked, licked, and nibbled her nipples, going back and forth between them. Susan's hands went to the back of my head, pushing my face into her breast, wanting more contact. In return, I increased my sucking and nibbling, taking her nipple between my teeth and pulling it out, letting it scrape out from between my teeth as it snapped back into place. Each time I did that, Susan would gasp and jerk her body.

Meanwhile, the fingers of my left hand went to Susan's pussy. They started working their way between her lips, and I could feel her juices coating my fingertips. I ran my fingertips up and down her slit, pressing in until my middle finger plunged into her hole. My right hand went to Susan's clit, and I used my index finger to circle her clit. This caused her to roll her hips in an attempt to get more contact with my finger.

My ring finger joined my middle finger that was pistoning in and out of her hole. My middle finger joined my index finger in stimulating Susan's clit. She started moaning louder and louder between gasps as I nipped her nipples in time with my ministrations on her pussy. Susan's gyrations increased, and her breathing got ragged as she neared her orgasm. I could feel her thigh muscles starting to spasm as she gasped in one final large breath.

Timing it perfectly, I bit her nipple and pinched her clit, sending her over the edge. Susan started keening her orgasm, thrashing so hard she pulled her nipple out of my mouth. Her head snapped back, hitting the mirror as her thighs snapped shut, trapping my left hand as her pussy tightened its grip on my fingers. My right hand flew up behind Susan's head, and I pulled her head down so our lips were mashed together. Susan kept trying to pull her head back to gasp in more air, breaking our kiss.

I was finally able to get my fingers out of her pussy. When I did, I brought them up to Susan's lips to let her suck them in to clean them off. When she finished, I mashed our lips back together so I could taste her juices in her mouth. Finally, Susan regained her composure enough to gasp, "God, Virginia! That was exquisite!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed that," I said. "But, I'm not done with you yet."

With that, I used my hands to grip Susan's hips and pull her out to the edge of the counter. I then grabbed the backs of her knees and spread her legs wide as I leaned down and latched my lips onto her pussy. I worked my tongue between her lips and started lapping up her juices leaking copiously between her lips. I could feel my juices flowing down the insides of my thighs from the excitement of what was going to be in store for me when it was Susan's turn.

Susan's heels pressed on my back as her hands again went behind my head, shoving my face into her pussy. My tongue found her hole and started plunging in and out, swirling around to get the maximum stimulation. My nose was bumping her clit as she rolled her hips, making her jerk and gasp each time it did. I loved the taste of her juices, and I sucked them in, unable to get enough of them.

My hands left the backs of Susan's knees, my right hand reaching up to grab her left breast, squeezing it like a stress ball, my fingers digging into her flesh. My left hand traveled down to her ass, and I used my index finger to gather some of Susan's juices and swirl around her asshole to lubricate it. When I did, Susan gasped, "Oh, God, Virginia" as I pressed in with my finger, her anus relaxing enough to allow my finger to slide in up to the second joint.

Again, I could feel Susan getting close to another orgasm as her thighs started quivering and her heels and hands pushed me into her. Her gyrating hips were thrusting so fast and hard that I was worried that she'd throw herself off of the counter. I worked my middle finger into her ass, joining my index finger to stretch her anus even more. Susan started moaning and gasping so fast I thought she was going to explode.

Then Susan did explode into an orgasm so hard her entire body vibrated. She screamed, "Aaahhhhhhh!!!" as she went over the edge. My mouth latched onto her clit. I started licking, sucking, and nipping it, sending her crashing into an even bigger orgasm. My fingers went all the way into her ass until my knuckles hit her ass. She was spasming so hard I had to hold her back to make sure she didn't fall off the counter. I eased her down until she had her body under control. I pulled my fingers out of her ass and took my mouth off of her clit.

Susan's hands came off the back of my head, and her heels stopped pressing in on me as she relaxed and nearly passed out. Her gasping eventually slowed down as she got her breathing back under control. I stood up and put my arms around Susan and said, "I hope you enjoyed that?"

"Oh, my God," Susan said, wrapping her arms around me. "That was incredible."

We kissed, and Susan sucked my tongue into her mouth, trying to get any of her juices I haven't swallowed yet. When we broke, I pushed her back and dove into her pussy again.After tonguing and fingering Susan to several loud orgasms, I stepped back, wanting my turn to be pleasured. I pulled my dress up and off me, revealing that all I had underneath my dress was a garter belt and garters to hold up my stockings. My wet pussy had leaked fluids down my inner thighs to the tops of my stockings. My nipples were rock hard and begging for relief that can only be provided by a pair of lips and a tongue.

Susan hopped down from the counter and came up to me, cupped my face with her hands, leaned down to my upturned face, and crushed her lips into mine. Her tongue invaded my mouth. She licked and sucked all of her remaining juices out of my mouth before breaking the kiss.

I turned and hopped up on the counter in anticipation of the pleasure to come. While I was doing that, Susan donned her skirt, and without a word, went to the door, unlocked it, and slipped out, leaving me sitting there, my mouth wide open in disbelief.

"Wait!" I cried, too late as the door snapped shut.

"What the hell!" I thought to myself. I composed myself, hopped down off the counter, and hastily pulled my dress back on. I grabbed my purse and stormed out. I didn't see Susan as I went up to the bar. Ron saw me coming and could see that I was upset. He hurried over and asked, "What's wrong, Virginia?"

"That woman, Susan, just upped and walked out on me!" I said with some heat as I slammed the key on the bar.

"Oh, Virginia, I'm sorry," Ron said. "I thought you knew about Susan."

"What about her?" I asked, mollified somewhat by Ron's apology.

"She's a notorious pillow queen," Ron explained. "She trolls the bar to hook up with someone to pleasure her, but she doesn't ever return the favor. When you bought her that drink, I assumed you knew that."

I felt so stupid. Having never explored the lesbian bar scene until just recently, I was still a newcomer to all of the ins and outs of lesbian protocols when it comes to hooking up. Well, I got burned this time through my inexperience. It won't happen again.

I left and went home. I said "Hello" to Matthew when I came in. I then went straight to my bedroom, undressed, and jumped in the shower. I jilled myself off twice, thinking about Alex while showering before donning my sleepwear and going to bed. I thought to myself, "It'll be a long time, if ever before I go back there." Sleep finally found me as I sought to forget my humiliating experience.

April 1994

I poured myself into finishing up my last two classes and getting the finals out of the way. I wasn't worried about my grades since I've only ever had one grade below 'A' in all of my degrees I've received so far. I took the non-thesis option on my Master's degree, so I didn't have to worry about it.

We celebrated Mark's 16th birthday today. We all went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. As with Matthew, I promised Mark I'd get him a car when he got his driver's license. We had a great time before heading home. Mark left to go see his friends and celebrate his birthday with them.

May 1994

I finished my last final today. I've earned my Masters degree in Computer Science with a 4.0 GPA. I opted out of the graduation ceremony, leaving it for the younger people to enjoy. I was now looking for openings in companies around the El Segundo area. Every day, I went to the public library, browsing the trade journals to see what positions are advertised in the area. I was pleased to see that there were several openings for jobs I would be willing to try for, but they were not in the immediate area. Commuting is a bitch in the greater LA area, and I really wanted something close to home.

Now that I had an idea of what positions I could expect to see, I worked on my resume to boil down my many careers into bullet points. Unfortunately, I couldn't go into a lot of detail about what I did in the USAF because it was all highly classified. Depending on what position I was applying for, I'd have to emphasize different sets of experiences when I write the cover letters for the jobs I was seeking. I've had a Top Secret clearance, which would be a big plus when applying for a position with a defense contractor.

I celebrated my 41st birthday by having lunch with Matthew and Mark. Matthew chauffeured me to Marie Callender's, and Mark acted like my footman and escorted me to and from the car while Matthew took care of the door. They made me feel so special. We had a great time at lunch, Matthew telling me about his graduation plans. I loved them so much, and I felt so blessed that they have accepted me as their mother. I vowed again that whoever I find to love must love Matthew and Mark as much as I do.

June 1994

The phone rang just as I walked into the living room from the kitchen. I picked it up and asked, "Hello?"

"Hello, Virginia," a familiar voice said, causing my heart to clench. "How are you doing today?"

A big smile came over my face as I answered, "Alex! I'm so glad to hear from you. Now I'm having a great day! Why are you calling?"

"I just got some great news, and you were the first one I thought of to call," she replied. I could hear her happiness in her voice, and it made my heart glad.

"Well, do I have to beg for you to tell me?" I snarked.

"That wouldn't be the first thing I'd think of that I'd want you to beg for ... " Alex's voice trailed off for a second, and I could hear her catch her breath and get herself back under control. "Ah, I just found out that I have my line number for Lieutenant Colonel!"

"That's great!" I gushed.

"Yes, it is," said Alex, her happiness once more ascendant. "My commander had put me in below the zone in the last board. I wasn't all that confident, but I did it!" she finished.

"I am so happy for you," I said. "Now, you have an inside track to get that command you want in a few years."

"Yes," replied Alex. "Now I just need to have a position open at one of the Software Development Centers (SDCs). The turnover isn't all that high, but with nine SDCs, I'm sure something will become available at the proper time. So, what's going on with you?"

"I finished up my Master's degree last month, and Matthew will be graduating next week," I said. "I'm now looking for a position to open up at one of the local defense contractors."

"I'm sure something will. Any place you apply would be out of their minds not to hire you," Alex said. I could hear the sincerity in her voice, and my heart fluttered as I thought about how much we still cared about each other.

"Well, I'm not just going to take the first thing that comes along. I want to make sure that the place I choose will have room for me to grow," I said.

"The CEO had better watch out, once they hire you," Alex snarked. "Let me know when you get your new position."

"I will, Alex," I said. "I'm just so happy for you. Thanks for calling and letting me know."

"Any excuse I can use to call you," she said. "Well, I better let you go." After a short pause, she whispered, "I love you, Virginia."

I whispered back, "I love you too, Alex."

I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day. It had been so good to hear from Alex and that her career is going so well. It also didn't hurt to listen to her say she loves me. I've prayed about that, and I'm sure my future isn't with Alex, no matter how much I wished for it. At least I will always have her friendship.

***

Matthew's graduation was today. I was so proud of him. He ended up being 17th in his class, just missing out on honors. The graduation ceremony was going to be held outdoors on the football field since it was such a beautiful day. Because of the limited seating, Matthew was only allowed to invite two guests, so Grace and I got to go.