Puzzle Pieces

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay I guess I can go back in, can I still have some juice?.....I mean...may I still have some juice?"

She smiled.

"Yes you may."

She handed him a cup and he walked toward the door after thanking her he stopped.

"Hey, you never told me your name."

"Anaïs."

"That's pretty."

"Thank you little man."

"You're welcome, it was nice meeting you thanks again for cheering me up."

"Sure thing honey."

He hugged her and hurried back inside and she grabbed her tray and did the same she wondered how anyone could be mean to a little sweetheart like that, she also wondered if his sister was the same way.

........................

After the clean up Anaïs was glad to shower quickly and get in bed, she looked up as Gina knocked on the door.

"Hey I saw you talking to Devon at the party isn't he a doll?"

"He really is, is his sister like that? Or is she a total brat?"

"Oh no, Master Gabriel raised himself two respectable little youngins' she is just a little angel I could just gobble her up."

Anaïs smiled.

"But you didn't look too happy was he sick or something?"

She told her what happened.

"Oh I see, well I've been here for a year and I've seen that one be real nice in front of Master Gabriel but it's that fake nice that people use to get stuff from each other."

"Hmm."

"But who knows maybe she doesn't have this 'momma' thing down yet some women got it other's need help."

"Maybe."

"Night."

She waved and put her book down, Cadence walked in running a brush through her hair.

............................................................................

The next morning Anaïs went outside to the green house to water the various plants there, she stopped in the doorway seeing the master was in there as well. He looked up and she curtsied respectively before going to grab the watering can.

"Excuse me."

She looked up.

"Yes sir?"

"Are you one of the new maids?"

"Yes I am, I started after you left for your family vacation."

"I see."

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you just look familiar."

"....Familiar, living way out here I don't think we would have met."

"No but perhaps before I moved out here."

"Before?"

"This place was built about a year after I got married we've been adding on to it ever since."

She rubbed her head, now that she thought about it his eyes did look familiar.

"Maybe when I was younger?"

"You wouldn't know?"

"No sir I was in car accident when I was fifteen most of my memories were lost I only just remembered how old I was this month."

He stared at her for a while.

"When you were fifteen?"

She nodded.

"Your name is Anaïs isn't it? Your mother's middle name." he said softly.

She cocked her head.

"You do know me."

He swallowed thickly.

"I'd say so, you don't remember me at all?"

"I don't know, I remember one of my friends being a boy and that he was a little older than me but that's about it."

"I see." he mumbled sadly.

She chewed on her lip.

"I'm sorry si....."

"Don't call me sir, call me by my name." he said sternly.

"Gabriel..."

He crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, being out here will be good for you maybe you'll remember, put that watering can down you can watch the children."

He walked past her and she grabbed his sleeve he turned to look at her.

"You know me well enough to leave me with your children?"

"You tell me."

He walked inside and she couldn't help but feel bad of course she knew it wasn't her fault she couldn't remember him but something was nagging at the back of her mind.

She really ought to remember him.

...................................

Once inside Gabriel went to his office and dialed a number on his office phone, a gruff voice answered.

"Adam is Nicole there?"

"No you just missed her she had to take the kids to the doctors."

"Something wrong?"

"No routine check up, what's up?"

"I don't know how he did it but the bastard lied to us."

"Who?"

"Frank, Anaïs is alive."

Adam made a noise.

"She can't be we were at the funeral."

"She's one of the new maids that got hired, she said she was in a car accident at fifteen she has amnesia she has no idea what I am to her and I'm not sure if she even remembers you or Nicole."

"My go....why would he lie about something like that? He saw how you were at that piece of crap fake funeral."

"I don't know."

"You aren't really going to let her work for you are you?"

"For now I told her to take care of the kids."

"Well how about we come stay? Maybe we can jog her memory a little and I know even if she can't remember Nicole would love to see her."

"You know you don't have to ask."

"Considering the situation I think I should."

He appreciated the thought his wolf and inner demon tolerated Adam more when he didn't unintentionally challenge his position.

"Does she know?"

"No she was hired by Cadence."

"Okay we'll be on our toes, what are you going to do about Vivian?"

"Does it matter as long as I'm respectful? She's not my eternal mate."

"No I guess not."

"Besides I doubt it would bother her, we both know it's not me but what's in my wallet that she loves."

"Fair enough, see you in a few days."

"Until then."

He hung up and closed his eyes mentally he saw Anaïs walking into Stephanie's room with Devon. No matter the time the little girl was up and hyper she seemed delighted to have a girl with long hair to play with. Anaïs was immediately tugged to the ground and Stephanie ran to get all of her hair supplies. A smile crept on his face watching them, the connection was something only eternal mates had.

His wolf and demon were pissed and frustrated, he had to think about how to bring her memories back he didn't want to lose her again. He only impregnated Vivian and married her to please the council she didn't have a chance in hell at his heart. He clutched the front of his shirt as his heart ached, his emotions were fighting for dominance. He was happy that she was alive and well but he was hurt that her memories were so damaged where he was concerned and angry that some idiot almost killed her.

No he couldn't do anything about that not knowing where the accident happened, but he was definitely pissed that her idiot father had tried and succeeded in lying to him.

He opened his eyes and glared into space.

"I suppose I'll have to visit her father."

End Prologue

(Okay so there is your set up, I know that is a really long prologue with no sex sorry about that again. This list is randomly set up and more will be added if necessary.

Anaïs: Gabriel's eternal mate.

Gabriel: Alpha/???? married/ mated to Vivian and about to change that as fast as he can.

Frank: Anaïs father, he has some issues we'll find out about them later.

Adam and Nicole: Friends from the past.

Cadence: Dr. Calvin's sister, head regular maid human.

Gina and Mandy: Opposites for sure but good friends.

Luis and Tony: two regular butlers that will appear later.

Dr. Calvin: The man in the middle sort of that unknowingly helped reconnect Gabriel and his beloved.

Devon and Stephanie: Gabriel's children.

????: Adam and Nicole's children.

Vivian: somewhere between bitch wife and high maintenance mate of Gabriel.

Mate: The woman capable of having children for a specific werewolf.

Eternal Mate: soul mate, the perfect match for a specific werewolf, the best mother to children, most beloved capable of producing a larger number of children.

The pull 1: (unmentioned) tells a werewolf where to find his or her mate.

The pull 2:(unmentioned) begins as a simple strong friendship and changes at puberty, matures completely after both are eighteen. Can be interrupted if the pair is separated long enough and in the "right" way.

Julius and Katheryn: Gabriel's parents.

That's good enough most important for you to have pulled out of the chapter.)

12