Queen of Heaven Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Marigny
Marigny
308 Followers

"Besides," I said, "You've never eaten my cooking. Humor and a second glass of wine are required."

"Then lead me to the wine, the food, and the chuckles, young man," Kate sang out as she sidled up next to me. Quietly she said, "Thank you for doing this. Michelle is a part of the family, even still. I've really missed her."

"Kate, we're a very loving bunch. Family is important. You're always welcome. And, apparently from what I hear about the way you met Michelle, you know that calling ahead is a good idea," I winked at her and she guffawed. I put the things I was carrying on the table and pulled out a chair for Kate.

"You never do that for me," cried Michelle.

"Or me," added Anna.

"Don't treat her too nicely or she'll never leave," said Joann, "I learned that the hard way."

"Hush, all of you. For one thing, Kate is a guest and for another she can stay as long as she likes, there's plenty of room."

"You are trying to get that job aren't you," Joann cracked at me. "Take my mother and I'll get you a promotion while we're at it."

Kate patted my forearm and said, "Gil, don't you listen to these ungrateful girls. I appreciate a gentleman. Now you were saying something about another glass of wine."

---

"That was lovely. Thank you, Gil. You're a very nice host," Kate sat her empty glass on the table and began to clear the table.

"No, no, no. Kate, you're a guest. Catch up with the girls, and I'll take care of this. My mother raised me right-"

"Truth," said Anna.

"So, at least on the first visit over, I've got this."

"Joann, why aren't you dating this one? I love Michelle, but he seems sweet."

"Hey there, Momma! Don't go sneakin' my man," Michelle prodded Kate in the ribs.

"Nobody's stealing anyone," I said as I opened the patio door. "There's plenty to go around."

"And he's a flirt," she pointed out.

"Comes by it honestly," Anna admitted. "I'm afraid I was always a bit flirty. And, now I just don't give much of a damn."

"Really? At our... well, at my, anyway, age, folks tend to step away from that, don't you find," Kate asked.

"Of course, but here's the thing - why? I mean, think about it," Mom continued. "We're grown, we're financially settled, we don't have little ones underfoot. Why the - pardon me Katie- Why the fuck don't we just embrace our fullest natures. Be strong, be sassy, be flirty, be fully ourselves."

"I suppose, there's a lot of truth in that."

"Of course, there is. Our generation are old enough to have grown kids, but we aren't quite grandparents yet. And frankly, even if we were, why not embrace ever ounce of our joy," Anna preached.

"Ounces would be nice. Since I passed 40, I've ballooned."

"Nonsense," Anna said. "You look fantastic. Own it. Be a goddess. You look great, you are smart, you're funny, and there is literally no reason you can't make what my callously misguided son might call 'Middle Age'-"

"I never called it that," I countered.

"Your time to explore and thrive. Besides," Anna elbowed Jo. "Your daughter is footing the housing expense right now, so you've got to have some free cash available."

"Great, now she'll never leave," Joann looked to the sky in mock exasperation. Next thing you know you'll have her getting a tattoo, as well."

"Tattoo? Oh, I'm too old for that dear," Kate laughed.

I walked back onto the patio after having cleared the last of the dishes to see Anna standing next to Kate holding her dress up to her waist and using her other hand to trace the lines of her tattoo, "Yeah, it's a little unusual, but it's my full name so I thought it would help me to embrace my inner goddess."

"Mother... uh..."

"Oh, hush, Gil," Kate said. "It's a beautiful tattoo. And we old ladies have to stick together."

"It's just that I thought my boss's mother might get through her first visit without my own mother taking off her clothes."

"Is that a regular thing," Kate asked.

"Well, I don't know that I'd say regular. But, it's definitely a thing."

"Well, she's lovely. The tattoo is lovely. And she kind of has a point."

Joann countered, "And you've had enough to drink now that you really shouldn't drive. Luckily I've been on water while you've been getting schnockered at Chelle's house."

"A lady... a goddess of a certain age... has her prerogative," Kate giggled. It was sweet. She clearly didn't have a head for the wine.

"That she does," Anna answered. "Now Katie, why don't you join me for a swim. We old broads ought to stick together."

"But, I didn't bring a suit."

"Shhhhh, don't tell anyone," Anna stage-whispered, "but I didn't either."

Michelle said, "She never does, the old lush."

"Besides," Anna continued, "I've already showed you my tattoo. Everything after that is just gravy. It's really just us girls anyway."

"But, what about Gil?"

"Oh, he's my boy. I've never been too shy around him. And besides, remember, embracing the goddess?"

"Well, as long as it doesn't embarrass him," Kate hedged.

Joann laughed, "Mother, he didn't seem embarrassed when I was not-so-skinny-dipping in his pool the last time I was over. I'm going to guess he will be just fine with you in there as well, won't you Gil."

"I suffer in the role of host, Bosslady, but if I must have beautiful women swimming naked in my pool... well, then I must. I'll get the towels."

By the time the patio door was pulled to and I'd brought enough towels for everyone, the splashing and giggling had reached a joyful zenith. This life I was living was probably unusual. I mean, who really knows what goes on in other peoples' homes. But, it's true that I didn't expect to become the nudist swimming hole for my family and friends. I really did get lucky on this rental. I wonder if they'd consider selling? Maybe I could get a discount if I insisted that there be a no clothing rule at signing?

The goddess Inanna, or her namesake, has clearly had her way with my fate. But, then she always has. Mother may not have raised a fool, but she definitely raised me to appreciate and enjoy the good times.

"Towels are available for you heathens, whenever you decide to give up your debauchery out there," I said.

"Oh, Gil, I'm apparently just getting started with my debauchery," Kate sang out. "Now, are you joining us or not?"

"Mother, do not hit on my employees," Joann chuckled.

Michelle swam up to the side of the pool and stage-whispered to Kate, "Don't listen to her Momma. He's a big old slut-boy. If you aren't careful, he'll seduce you. You should totally hit on him."

"Oh my," Kate laughed, "You two are awful. I'm just saying that if we're all going to be naked and swimming around we should invite the host to join in. Even if it's with an old broad like me."

"Now, Kate haven't you heard about my well known appreciation of what you seem to think are Old Broads?" I smiled. "But, I would only join in if you were okay with the company."

"Son, I haven't skinny dipped with a 20-something in 20-something years, and there hasn't exactly been a traffic jam of men in my life recently, so you're certainly welcome to swim in your own pool. Besides, you're the host it would be rude not to."

I shook my head, and reached for the top button on my shirt, "If you insist. I'd hate to be rude when my mother has already shown her tattoo to you."

"Don't be rude. Get naked," Michelle said. "I'm sure I've got that on a needlepoint sampler somewhere."

As I took off my shirt I said, "Why does every guest in my home end up naked in my pool?"

Anna replied, "Because naked on your roof would be dangerous. Now stop teasing the poor woman, and get in the pool."

"Yes, oh mighty goddess."

"Damned right," Anna affirmed.

I wonder if I would have had quite such a life if my mother had been named after Aunt Gertie instead of an ancient divinity?

I hope to never find out.

Marigny
Marigny
308 Followers