Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then Ted came, and Barbara flamed out.

And there he was again, like he'd always been. Shoulder the burden, help as best he could, and that first Altair had become the means to an end. Grandfather and grandson, tied together forever by a boat, and yet he'd not been the only connective tissue holding this family together, because his mother was always there too, always taking on the role Barbara should have...

And that had confused Ted.

Once Ted went to kindergarten, once he learned how other families got on, he'd begun to wonder why his family was so different, and, naturally, soon enough the boy had begun to wonder if it was something he'd done. If it was all his fault.

And, of course, as a new father, he'd never seen it coming.

But his mother had. And she'd done her best to answer all Ted's questions – but, he knew, it's never enough.

In time he watched his son grow up in the shadow of benign neglect – on Barbara's part – and an almost smothering love – on his own mother's part – and then one Sunday, against his wishes, his mother had taken Ted to Sunday School.

(c) adrian leverkühn | abw | just the fiction, ma'am...just the fiction...