Quincunx Ch. 28

Story Info
The Continued Adventures.
6.1k words
4.57
9k
1

Part 28 of the 30 part series

Updated 10/08/2022
Created 01/31/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Quincunx 28

Book 3 Chapter 13

The Continued Adventures

I should like to thank my Editor, Kira, For the excellent job she's done.

*****

Locking my door, I sat on the bed and again wondered about visiting Xen. I wasn't being fair to either of them. Though her questions seemed innocuous, Cal seemed to be subtly hinting that she might come and live with me, something I knew Xen would never do.

I looked up and pictured Xen's bedroom and tremulously opened a tunnel. I watched Xen scramble out of bed as I walked through, her nightdress flowing behind her as she rushed to hug me and plant her lips on mine.

As we kissed passionately my prodder twitched into life. I felt it grow and press against her as the kiss went on.

"Oh, I'm so glad you came," she said, holding onto my arms as she stepped back.

"Hard time settling back in?" I asked.

"No, I missed you," she replied.

"And I missed you," I said, admitting the truth to myself.

She drew me to her and gave me a short, sweet kiss. "Even with Cal and the others begging to share your bed?"

I gave a quick laugh. "Sex isn't everything. Sharing a bed isn't sharing a life."

I pulled her into my arms and lifted her, and she wrapped herself around me as I carried her to the bed.

"I think I love you," I said as I set her down.

"And I love you," she replied. "I was afraid you were going to pick Cal. She's so in love with you as well."

"I know. She's got all a man needs in a woman but you're the one I truly love."

She pulled me with her as she rolled back. "And we live happily ever after," she said softly into my ear.

"My idea of perfection," I replied, twisting to pull her on top of me.

Her elbows pinned my shoulders as her hands grasped my head and her head dipped down to seal her lips to mine. The thrill of the kiss brought my prodder to life, swelling up and pressing between her legs.

With a moan she broke the kiss, giving me three or four butterfly kisses before huskily saying, "Let's get undressed," as she pushed herself up.

It took her a second to pull her nightdress off. My eyes feasted on her body, her slim waist and firm breasts, as she stretched to pull her nightdress over her head and tossed it aside.

"Come on," she chided, as she twisted off me and reached for the waist of my pants.

I lifted my arse as she loosened them, letting her slip them down and free my rampant prodder. As I dropped back, her hand seized my shaft and she swivelled around to straddle me again.

Holding herself high, she began to stroke my helmet over her folds. The thrill had me groaning as she got wetter and the sensations grew more intense. She gave it one last slow rub over her clit before sliding my helmet into her hunny hole.

I felt the thrill mounting as she slowly sank down and realised I'd have to hold back if we were both going to derive full enjoyment from our lovemaking. I hadn't counted on her excitement; within minutes, she was muffling her groans and cries as she had a prolonged climax.

I was still hard inside her when she recovered enough to lift her head to look at me. "Wow," was all she could say between her still heavy breaths.

"That good, eh?" I said with a soft chuckle as she lay her head back down.

"Mmm," she replied, giving her hips a wiggle. "It feels so nice, the way you fill me."

I moved my hands to stroke her back, one hand tracing fingers along her spine while the other made circles in the small of her back.

"Mmm," she purred as she arched her back slightly to look up at me, a lopsided grin on her lips.

She lifted up, her hands pushing against me as she straightened.

"Let's finish you so we can cuddle and sleep." Even as she said it, her hips swivelled.

My prodder stiffened instantly in response, sending waves of pleasure through me as she rose and fell. My hands, pulled to her sides, slipped to her breasts to cup them. My love surged within me as we pleasured each other, our actions only becoming urgent as she brought us to near simultaneous climaxes.

We fell asleep, her first, still on top of me. Near dawn, my bladder forced me awake. Rather than creep around, I decided to open a hole back to the dorm.

"Xen," I called softly, as I gently shook her shoulder.

"Mmm?" she queried, turning bleary eyed to me over her shoulder.

"I need to ease myself. I'm going back to the dorm," I explained.

"Mmm, hurry back," she replied, relaxing back.

"No, I think I ought to make the proper journey here. I need a day or two to sort out my affairs and I'll ride down and officially arrive," I continued.

"You could join me again tonight," she suggested as she twisted over to face me.

"Yes, I intended to," I answered, lowering my elbow to lean in and kiss the end of her nose.

"Oh," she exclaimed, looping an arm over my neck.

"Ah," I responded, pushing myself free. "I really need to go!"

I turned over and sat up, then held my hand up as I mentally opened the connection. As it grew, I swept my eyes over the clothes on the floor, pulling mine to my outstretched hand.

I stood and took the pace to its threshold before half turning to look at her. "I'll be back."

Stepping through, I dropped my clothes and rushed the few feet to the toilet to relieve myself. Walking back to my room, I felt tired enough to crawl back into bed but my mind had already started churning as I thought about what I was going to say to Cal.

I dropped my clothes on the bed and sat next to them. There was no easy way to tell a woman you cared for that you cared more for another woman. Yes, she knew I was torn between them, but no one expects to come second, to have your dreams and plans dashed against the rocks of reality.

The other thing I had to do was find a way to return Rash's jewellery and money to her. That led me to wondering if the unscrupulous banker had discovered his loss yet. It was likely his wife had noticed that her jewels were missing when she retired to bed.

He would probably be more concerned with calming her than checking his presumably impregnable vault. At this stage, I doubted that he would suspect magic, putting it down to a clever sneak thief or cat burglar.

There wasn't much he could do when he discovered his loss later. He couldn't tell people he'd lost everything, so he'd have to bluff his way through until he could accumulate more wealth.

I remember lying back - the next thing I knew, I was awoken by a knocking on the door of my sunlit room.

"Yes," I shouted as I pushed myself back up.

"It's Miri," came the reply.

"Give me a moment," I called back, picking out my underclothes from the pile next to me.

As soon as I was decent, I opened the door and let her in.

"Rash wants to have her reckoning with Roschilld. She wants you to escort her."

"I know. But what hour is it?" I asked as I dressed.

"Past the breakfast bell. I looked first to see if you were there," she answered, watching me.

"Ah, I've overslept it seems. Never mind, I can eat later in the market. Go and see if there is any cofftea in the pot for me," I requested.

She gave me a soured smile but turned and left to check. I retrieved the package of jewellery and slipped it under my shirt. How I was going to explain it was still an unknown. The last thing I wanted to do was confront the man I'd just robbed in the state he was going to be in after discovering his loss.

As I was putting my shoes on, Miri came back with a lukewarm cup. I drank it swiftly, then as an afterthought buckled on my sword.

"Right, I'm ready," I announced.

We walked wordlessly around to the main gate and down the wide avenue to her new house. I was still trying to formulate a plan to put the jewellery back in Rash's hands. Perhaps I could suggest one last check and let her find the necklace then?

I'd have to use illusion to distract them while I planted it back in the chest and that was the uncertain part. By the time we arrived at the front door, I'd decided to see what was possible and run with that.

"Davor." Rash greeted me brusquely as I led Miri through the door.

Next to her was her was Jay, her bodyguard, looking fierce in her full armour.

"Rash, Jay," I acknowledged.

"Are you ready?" Rash asked rhetorically, as she started for the door.

I turned and followed on as she swept past me. She set a quick pace with Jay keeping step next to her. I walked along behind with Miri, feeling the bag of jewels weighing heavy inside my shirt.

The brisk walk brought us quickly to the Roschilld house where there was a servant talking to a trader with a cart delivering vegetables. They paused in their conversation as we drew close.

"If you're wanting the Master," the servant blurted as Rash turned at the gate. "You'd best come back next week. He's had a shock and is under the mage's orders to rest in bed."

"That's very convenient. However we have unfinished business to conclude," she replied coolly in her best 'Princess' voice, before marching on to the front door.

The door opened as we got to the steps and a liveried servant appeared in the gap.

"The Master is seeing no one," he announced, narrowing the door slightly as Rash advanced up the steps. "Send a servant next week," he said hurriedly before slamming the door shut.

Rash reached the door and pounded on it four times before stepping back. She waited all of thirty seconds before turning to Jay beside her.

"Knock on it again," she ordered.

She reached up with her leather clad fist and hammered the door half a dozen times before dropping her arm. There was no movement behind the door in response.

"I don't think they're going to answer," I put in. "I think they may be telling the truth about something happening."

"You mean he might really be ill?" Rash asked as she turned to me.

"Convenient as it is, his servants seem uneasy, which suggests something's wrong. Why don't you go off home and I'll see if spending a few coins will loosen a tongue or two," I answered.

"What! Walk away with nothing?"

"Anything else would risk your dignity. Should we break in through the tradesman's entrance or just stand here demanding they open up?" I questioned.

"It's good advice. My feelings tell me something's not quite right here," Jay put in.

"Alright then, but I expect you to come back with answers or I will take this higher," she said begrudgingly.

"I make no promises," I replied as I turned back to the gate.

We walked out and I let them turn down the street while I turned up the way the vegetable cart had been pointing. I walked the hundred yards or so to catch the grocer up as he delivered a couple of houses up.

The man took my first offer of two silver coins for the gossip so eagerly I feared I had overpaid. The story being given out was a half-truth. It seemed the banker had admitted only the robbery of his wife's jewellery, along with other personal things and a small amount of cash.

I thanked the man and with a plan forming in my mind I set off for breakfast in the market. After sating my grumbling stomach, I sauntered back to Rash's house. The door was closed but not locked, so after knocking I walked in.

I met Miri coming out of one of the side rooms.

"I've got them," I announced.

"What!" she exclaimed, surprise and astonishment playing over her face.

"I've bought them. Apparently he got burgled last night, and his wife's jewels were one of the things stolen," I continued as I crossed over to her.

She unfroze as I got to her, turning and excitedly shouting, "Rash," as she rushed back into the room. I followed her in, loosening the bottom buttons on my shirt as I did.

"He's got them!" Miri exclaimed loudly.

"Really?" asked Rash as she stood.

I slipped my hand into my shirt and pulled out the bag as I walked over to her. "Here," I said holding it out.

She took it eagerly, asking, "How?" as she opened it.

"Someone robbed him, I found the man selling it. It's as simple as that," I replied.

As she pulled out the necklace she sat down, then looked from it to me. "How much did it cost, to buy it back?" she asked.

"Oh, the man was very accommodating when I explained things to him, more than willing to rectify the mistake," I reassured her.

"Alright," she said happily, "If you don't want to tell, it's your secret. But I can't help but be glad that banker was robbed. Serves him right."

"Well, it seems all settled now. You have your jewellery back and you'll be taking more care in future, I hope."

"Yes, I will. I would like to thank you properly... if you'd like to stay," she said, her tone of voice making her meaning clear.

"Alas, I have things to do, I'm organising my departure. I intend to journey south and join Xen on Ormskirk."

"Ah, she's a lucky girl," Rash replied, surprise flickering across her face along with a hint of consternation.

"I miss her. I wasn't sure until she left last night. But now I am," I explained.

"Well, I can only wish you good luck." She hesitated. "I'm going to miss having you around."

"Just stay out of trouble. You'll be alright," I said, glancing back toward the door.

"Well, we shouldn't keep you," she said a little awkwardly. "My thanks for all your help, especially this," she replied, holding up the necklace. "And for saving me from the kidnapping."

"An adventure to remember and tell your grandchildren," I agreed, reminiscing for a second.

"Come visit if you ever return," she said, laying back and giving me a faint smile.

"I will, and now I take my leave," I said dramatically, giving a little bow.

"Wait!" Rash took my hand and pressed the earrings I had also recovered into my palm. "For Xen. And for your help."

I bowed again and left.

I turned to the door and walked away, heading back to the university and a quick word with Professor Heen'll, planning to tell her the little white lie that I was heading home, rather than chasing after Xen.

I made my way to her room, only half-expecting her to be in.

"Come in," her voice answered my knock.

"Davor," she said as I opened the door. "A pleasant surprise."

"Perhaps. I am making arrangements to journey home. I want to thank you for the opportunity you've given me. It's just a pity that my talents seem limited."

"Yes, there are some still wondering about that," she answered candidly.

"I'm just glad to be getting back to living a normal life again," I answered.

"Well, we could have work for you here. You have a unique talent that we could put to good use."

"No!" I replied quickly. "Thank you but no. I want to be master of my own life, chose my own path."

"Very well. We're always here if you change your mind."

"I doubt I will, but thank you anyway," I replied.

She gave a little nod and her eyes flicked to the papers on the desk.

"So, goodbye then," I said, taking a backward step to the door, and pulling it closed as she nodded her goodbye.

The next thing on my mind was a visit to the stables to see to preparing my horse and donkey for the journey, tacitly delaying my meeting with Cal because I still hadn't any idea what to say.

I arranged for them to be readied after breakfast tomorrow, then decided to spend the hour left before dinner in the peace and quiet of the tower, pondering how to tell Cal.

Dinnertime came soon enough, catching me still undecided. I was better facing her and letting the occasion pick the words. There was a good chance of catching her in the dining hall if she was on campus, so I set out to meet her there.

I arrived before the bell and joined the little queue that was there. Once it opened, I got my food and picked a table near the door. I'd grown comfortable with the sword at my side but the glances I got reminded me how unusual it was.

I lingered over my meal, hoping now that she would show up and I could close the final chapter of my life here. As the newcomers became sporadic, I gave up and took the cold remains to the hatch, then set out for the dormitory.

I went first to Cal's dormitory, finding the place deserted. Knocking on her door, I waited only a few seconds before turning and walking across to my dorm. That was deserted as well. I walked over to the pot and to my great surprise found it cold - with no fire going either. I had gotten up late and missed my friends and it looked like they had been gone all morning. With the odds on them not returning before tea time, I had a long wait ahead of me.

I used the privacy of my room to create an eye and sent it around the local inns. Not finding them there, I guided the eye to the market, more to occupy myself than in the hope of finding anyone.

I spent an hour watching the people interact as I floated free among them, before a random encounter with someone ordering a drink distracted me with the thought of making cofftea for myself.

I let the eye dissolve and walked through to the kitchen to start the fire and prepare the pot. I lounged in one of the chairs waiting for the pot to boil, thinking about tonight and Xen waiting for me.

"Good man, you've got a pot of cofftea on the go," Grepp's voice exclaimed, startling me from my thoughts.

Turning, I saw him resplendent in his robes, a scroll in hand.

"Ah, your awards ceremony. I had forgotten it was today," I observed.

"Yes, it's all over now, we're free to be on our way," he replied.

"Have you seen Cal?" I asked as he strolled over.

"No, I think she was talking to someone when I left" he replied.

"I'll see if I can catch her on the way home," I said rising from my seat.

"There's no hurry, she doesn't leave until tomorrow," he answered, stopping at the table.

"We need to talk."

"Ah something personal, I think I know what that will be," he said amused.

"I'm planning to be off tomorrow, looking forward to resuming my normal life," I said, before turning away and starting for the door.

"Oh, home to, where is it? Pike Manor."

"As a starter," I replied over my shoulder.

I continued walking, leaving him to wonder. As I got to the corner, I saw groups of robed mages and lesser wizards and started scanning for Cal and the rest of them. I walked as I looked and soon found myself standing in the entrance hall.

Weaving through the slowly egressing crowd, I mounted the lower steps of the stair. From there, I could look over the crowd and managed to spot Bem and Cur standing by the wall a little way down.

I dived back into the flow and worked my way across to their spot. As I got to them, I saw Cal sitting, her chair turned to face another, occupied by what looked like a girl. Cur noticed me and bent to speak into Cal's ear.

She looked up, an inquiring look on her face. I signalled back 'no hurry' with my hand and leant on the wall next to me. She gave a slight nod and resumed to talk with the girl.

I waited the few minutes it took her to finish up, watching and thinking still about the best way to introduce the subject. She glanced up at me as she stood, a smile on her face. The girl stood and turned to join the now much diminished crowd as Cal turned and spoke to Bem and Cur over her shoulder.

After a few brief words, she turned back and held her hand out to me as she started for the door. I joined her, grasping her hand as she drew level.

"So, your look tells me you've decided."

"Is it that obvious?" I asked a little surprised.

"You've lost one troubled look and gained another. You have bad news for me."

"I have. I shall be journeying south tomorrow. Though it has been only days, I miss her enough to know I love her. My heart tells me she is my life partner. I am sorry it didn't work out between us - but that's little to no consolation," I replied.

"I thought you might be going with her," she confessed grimly.

12