Ransom Ch. 03

Story Info
Games and consequences.
6.4k words
4.71
64.3k
71

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/16/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi guys, I'm finally delivering the much awaited saucy scene so I hope it was worth the wait! I'm currently road tripping around the coast of Australia so I've been writing with pen and paper for the first time in a very long time. I'm going to keep continuing this story and Just One Game seeing as I've received so many requests for it. I'm lacking technology and internet at the moment though, so I apologise for however long it takes me to get them uploaded - please be patient :) As always, your feedback is much appreciated; I'd love to hear any writing suggestions and thoughts on my stories so keep them coming.

-AmandaSarah xx

***

Tears streamed down Kailee's face as she sat back in her bedroom-disguised prison. She'd held herself together while Jakob led her out of the interrogation room, took her into a small bathroom to relieve herself and then back to the gloomy room, securing her wrists back into their bindings. He'd looked at her with sad eyes and begun muttering some sort of an apology, but she'd faced the wall and blatantly ignored him. What good was his kindness now when he'd stood there silently not ten minutes ago and watched his accomplice molest her? It was obvious she had no friends here. She'd waited in silence until Jakob finally let out a sigh of withdrawal, left the room and bolted the door shut behind him. Then, and only then, did she release the angry sobs that had been pressing at her chest.

How could she have been so stupid? She'd underestimated her captors and allowed that scum to exhibit her body. She'd been determined to take whatever Dominic threw at her with her head held high, but that smug bastard had known exactly where to push her so that she had no choice but to comply with his demands. To her own disgust, she'd sat in front of that camera and recited the script word for word, not even faltering through the demand for ten million dollars. Ten million dollars? She was taken aback that the request was so little. Either they were modest criminals or they somehow didn't know just how far the Brooks' fortune stretched. As a family approaching the top of the 'billion' category, ten million dollars, although an annoyance to have to retrieve, would barely make a dent in their bank account. Of course, Kailee wouldn't let that disturb her plans of stopping her captors in receiving their bounty. She wiped the moisture from her cheeks and stretched her long legs out across the bedspread. She'd have to work fast. There was no doubt in her mind that Nathan would already be preparing the money, not wanting to take any risks over her wellbeing. And the thought of Dominic winning made her blood boil. He played rougher than she'd expected, but she knew how to turn the game around. He'd used her femininity against her, but now it was time she used it to her advantage.

***

Nathan sat grimly in his study, staring at the phone. It was taking all of his will power not to pick it up, call the police and file a missing persons report. His concerns of Kailee's disappearance had become reality once they'd tracked Paul's car to a parking lot a few blocks away from the Northmount. The driver's side door had been ajar and the only trace of his little sister were her red stilettos that had been lying on the ground at least two hundred metres from the vehicle. Any regular man would have already called the police and spread word that the youngest member of the Brooks family had been abducted. But Nathan wasn't blind; whoever had taken her was bound to know how much she was worth. The chances of her disappearance being spontaneous were slim to none, which meant this was certain to be a ransom and he wouldn't be doing Kailee any favours by getting the police involved this soon. He'd spent the rest of the night cursing Kailee for her recklessness; what was she thinking, walking down dark streets alone in the middle of the night? Then he punished himself for not keeping a closer eye on her; she was, after all, his responsibility. He grunted in frustration and made his way downstairs; he needed a strong drink.

As he treaded past the lounge room, a nest of blonde curls caught his eye. Mira. He'd assumed she would have gone home by now, but there she was - fast asleep on the couch, her face slightly flushed from the tears that had fallen in the early hours of the morning. It was long after lunchtime now, but Nathan thought better than to wake her. She looked like an angel lying there in her white lace dress, her pretty features relaxed in a peaceful dream. He reached for a knitted throw from one of the empty couches and draped it delicately over her tiny form. She shifted slightly, but her breathing remained steady, her lips parted.

He'd always felt a protectiveness over Mira, similar to the responsibility he felt for Kailee, but perhaps even more so because Mira was so terribly innocent and naïve in comparison to his headstrong sister. The two of them were complete opposites and yet no friendship had ever been as strong as the one they shared. The first time Kailee had brought home her tiny blonde school friend, Nathan had pulled hard on one of her pigtails and called her Goldilocks. The result was Mira in a sobbing mess and a hard kick in the shins from his six-year-old sister. He couldn't remember the day that he stopped seeing Mira as a delicate little girl and instead as a sophisticated woman.

Though he'd never admit it, he knew he'd been out of line last night in his treatment of the Duchenne boy. The Duchenne family was one of notoriety and he'd had several run-ins with the older two boys, but it wasn't his place to pry into Mira's personal life. It was just the sight of that brat's slimy hands on her which had made him see red. She was a Sauvigny for Christ's sake. Her family might not have the wealth they once did, but the name still held its prominent status. Of course, he knew better than to expect a Duchenne to care about reputation.

Nathan made his way into the kitchen and reached under the sink for the bottle of whiskey he'd hidden from Kailee's eager hands. She'd been of drinking age for almost a year, but he didn't want to encourage her drinking habits by making spirits easily accessible for her. She didn't have a job and, at their father's request in his will, both Paul and Kailee were to be given a reasonable weekly allowance until they reached the age of 21, in which they would then receive a portion of their inheritance. Nathan was sure that Paul, who was now 22, had been giving Kailee extra spending money; but for all he knew she could have just been making the extra cash at the poker tables. He reached for a glass out of the top cupboard, filled it halfway with ice and then poured in a decent amount of the bronze liquid. But before he had a chance to touch the glass to his lips, the front door opened and his brother was calling his name frantically.

"Nathan!" Paul's voice echoed through the wide hallways and Nathan bolted to the entrance to meet him.

"What? What is it?"

Paul had insisted on staying at the site where they'd found the car, gathering any evidence and searching all of the surrounding areas. They'd already searched four times, but Paul wasn't convinced she'd been taken. He'd always had the utmost faith in his little sister's safety; which was why Nathan had to constantly ensure that he was protective enough for the both of them.

Paul held out a thin square object, and Nathan's brow furrowed in confusion. It was a disc.

"I found it in the letterbox."

He took it from his brother's hands and noticed the scrawled note on the front. 'Play Me'. Nathan didn't like this. He had a large skull of his whiskey as Paul stared at him hesitantly.

"Do we watch it?"

Nathan answered his question by moving to the lounge room where Mira now sat upright, her eyes bleary with sleep. He snatched up the remote beside her and brought the television to life, before slipping the disc into the DVD player.

The image that appeared on the screen brought a gasp from Paul and a cry from Mira's lips. It was of a trembling girl with tear streaked eyes. She was only wearing black underwear, her bra lopsided and one strap fallen down her arm which was marked with angry red fingerprints. Her fragile shoulders were hunched and her long brown hair matted around the shape of her face. It was only when she spoke that Nathan truly believed it was his sister's vacant eyes staring at them through the glass.

The three of them watched on in silence as Kailee voiced the kidnappers' demands: no police, no attempt to find them, and ten million dollars cash delivered to a warehouse in the country within 72 hours. Should they follow all of these demands, Kailee would be safely delivered back to them in one piece.

The instructions were clear, but Nathan barely registered any of them. He was too busy looking at the shaking girl on the screen. There was no defiance, no fire. Kailee was a girl of spirit and determination and he didn't want to know what they'd done to turn her into the frightened girl in front of him.

As the screen went blank, Nathan didn't say a word. He was somehow on his feet, marching towards the television. He gripped the edges of the set and with a snarl, he threw it forcefully off its stand, glass smashing all over the carpet.

***

Dominic scrolled through the news headlines, a satisfied smile breaching his lips at the lack of missing heiresses. Just as he'd predicted, Nathan Brooks hadn't reported his sister's absence and was most likely taking matters into his own hands. Arrogance and determination ran strong in the Brooks' bloodline and it certainly hadn't skipped the youngest family member. He'd expected Kailee to put up a fight at first, but her defiance seemed to stretch out further and further the more threats he threw at her. Paired with her unexpected ability to defend herself full force, the girl was fast becoming more trouble than she was worth. And she was worth a lot.

Dominic lifted his half-empty glass of scotch to his lips and swallowed a large amount of the liquid, a satisfying burn filling his chest. His thoughts drifted to his captive's half-naked body pressed back against him, her stormy green eyes widening in a mixture of fear and fury. The night he'd seen her in the casino from a distance he'd been surprised by how much older she appeared than her 18 years. He'd shrugged it off with the assumption that she knew how to dress herself up to look more mature. It was only when she was stripped before him that very morning that he realised she wasn't hiding anything. It had been an erotic vision and he'd almost been tempted to punish her further just for his own self-pleasure.

Dominic emptied his glass and shook his head, clearing the thought from his mind; though he had many vices, rape had never been one on the list and he sure didn't plan on adding it anytime soon. He'd lost control too many times in her presence. There was something about her defiant glare and her sharp words that infuriated him beyond measure. Perhaps it was because most people he dealt with were aware of his reputation and knew better than to insult him, but no one had ever spoken to him the way she had.

A knock on the door broke his thoughts and he emptied his glass, placing it firmly on the desk.

"Come in," he called gruffly, but the door was already open and Jakob was storming towards him, the sour expression on his face causing him to look like a sullen child.

"Ah, Jake, right on cue," Dominic stood and reached for the bottle of scotch perched on the set of shelves above him. "Sit down, have a drink."

"You went too far!" Jakob all but shouted, but Dominic continued pouring the two glasses indifferently and slid one across the desk towards his angry friend.

"Sit." He spoke firmly and, thankfully, Jakob obeyed, but the fury in his eyes remained.

"Do you want your money or not?" Dominic sat opposite his friend and looked him in the eye.

"Dom," Jakob ran a hand through his hair, "she's just a girl! Surely it isn't necessarily..."

"Do you really think the Brooks brothers are going to be convinced that their sister is in danger if she's sitting happily in front of a camera mouthing off at us?"

Jakob hesitated, "It's just...to threaten her like that..."

"Well perhaps if you weren't off fetching her coffees and treating her like a princess she'd be more submissive."

Jakob's eyes lowered guiltily as Dominic turned the blame on him.

"She was well overdue for a lesson in obedience," he swallowed another mouthful of burning liquid. "And if she continues to act up over the next three days, she'll receive many more."

Jakob swallowed a mouthful of scotch bitterly. It was obvious he had some kind of fondness for the girl, though Dominic couldn't see why. She was a stunning girl, but a fist to the face wasn't usually a good start to a friendship. Neither was a kidnapping. It was just like Jakob to end up feeling sorry for a captive, especially when he deserved every cent of the money they were claiming.

"I've made some stroganoff for dinner," Jakob announced.

Dominic looked at him blankly, "I've already eaten."

"Yes," Jakob replied warily, "but the girl hasn't had anything to eat all day, I thought I could take- "

"You're finished for the day," Dominic interrupted him. "Leave the meal with me."

"But..."

"I've already paid Alan so you can tell him his work here is finished."

Jakob looked as though he wanted to protest, but instead, he closed his mouth and stood to leave.

"Stop worrying old friend," Dominic collected the two empty glasses and placed them to one side, "You'll have your ten mill before the week's out."

***

It was hours before someone came to visit Kailee; around dinner time she assumed. She'd napped through most of the day, with the rest of her time spent counting the cracks in the ceiling. She was in the process of deciding whether the mark in the far right hand corner was a scuff or a crack when she heard the familiar unbolting of the door. Her heartbeat quickened as Dominic's towering figure filled the doorway.

Hold it together. Kailee urged herself to calm. If she wanted things to pan out in her favour, she'd have to maintain complete control over her emotions.

"Good evening, Miss Brooks," there was no warmth in his voice. He approached her and Kailee noticed a tray of some kind of murky casserole in his hands. It didn't look as though she was going to be fed anything decent while she was here. She smiled weakly at him and then looked down at her hands. She could feel his gaze burning into her as he placed the tray on the table beside her.

"What's this?" he mused, "Nothing smart to say tonight?"

It took Kailee all of her self-control not to glare up at him and give him a piece of her mind. Instead, she kept her eyes lowered and spoke in a quiet voice.

"No," she uttered, "I'll behave myself, I promise."

"Right," he said, a disbelieving note hinting at the pitch. "Your food's on the table. I care not if you choose to eat it - you won't die of starvation in 72 hours, but keep in mind your next meal isn't until tomorrow."

He turned to leave and Kailee panicked. If she was going to act, she needed to do so quickly. Her arm jolted out, the chains allowing just enough give that her fingers brushed against his forearm.

"Wait!" she cried desperately.

Dominic turned around in surprise, his daunting gaze questioning her outburst.

"Please," Kailee's eyes pleaded with the man, "It's just...I've been here for hours by myself..."

His expression fast became amused. "What?" he scoffed, "And you'd like me to keep you company, is that it?"

She bit her lip uncomfortably; it did seem like a strange request. "I'm going crazy locked in here," she murmured.

Dominic snorted, "You're a prisoner, what do you expect?"

Kailee clenched her fists angrily under the sheets, but remained silent.

He considered her carefully before speaking again. "How about a game of cards?"

Her eyes lit up in both astonishment and excitement at his suggestion. All she needed was a short amount of time alone with him to work her magic and find her escape.

"Cards sounds lovely."

***

By the time Dominic had returned from fetching a deck, Kailee had already scoffed the entire bowl of casserole. She'd considered not eating it in case it was drugged, but she needed at least a little bit of trust from Dominic for her plan to work and leaving the bowl untouched would look suspicious. The meal was actually tastier than it had looked and her food deprived stomach was now thanking her for it.

When the door opened, Dominic stood before her in track pants and a fresh singlet with a bottle of scotch and two glasses. Two glasses? This was going better than Kailee had planned. He placed the bottle and glasses on the bedside table and dragged it to the middle of the bed before perching himself on the end.

"Do you like scotch?" he asked her, already pouring into the first glass.

"I've never tried it before," Kailee lied. Second to a good bottle of chardonnay, it was actually her preferred choice of beverage. She often stole glassfuls from her brother's hidden stash under the sink; just enough to kill her cravings without him knowing any was missing.

"Best drink it slowly then," he advised, with an amused smirk. He slid a half-filled glass towards her before taking a mouthful of his own. Kailee brought the glass to her lips and drank daintily. She coughed for effect after her first swallow, and then took another small mouthful.

"Not bad," she remarked. It was, in fact, one of the best tasting brands of scotch you could buy, not to mention the most expensive. If the man drank this stuff every night, Kailee thought, it was no wonder he needed ten million dollars.

Dominic set about shuffling the deck and she noticed how sophisticated he looked, sitting eloquently on the bed. If the circumstances were different, she would have considered him to be quite the gentleman. But the memory of his tight hand around her throat immediately caused her to relinquish that thought. She realised he was watching her just as intently and she cleared her throat nervously.

"That video," she said, "have you sent it to my brothers?"

Dominic left her question unanswered as he distributed ten cards to each of them. He was likely deciding whether the information was something he should share. "It was delivered this morning." he eventually said.

Kailee nodded in response; that meant she would need to work fast in order to beat the pending payment.

"What are we playing?" she asked, collecting the cards in front of her and habitually organising them into matching suits and numbers.

"Rummy," he answered, placing the remainder of the deck in the centre and flipping over the top card. "You know the rules?"

Of course she did, it was a simple and classic game, but she was playing coy tonight.

"I think so, but maybe you could go through them again with me?"

She continued lapping up her drink as he talked her through the game play. She was drinking much too quickly for a lady, but the drunker Dominic thought she was, the better. She could handle her alcohol finer than most men she'd come across, but Dominic wasn't to know this, and she was content for him to think she was well intoxicated. He was pouring them both a second glass by the time they'd started playing and she feigned a small hiccough as she collected her first card from the pile. It was a stock standard game of ridding yourself of all cards by melding together runs and number sets. Kailee usually found the game a bore, but there was an added enjoyment when you were acting like a bad player.

12