Ray's Birth

Story Info
A chance meeting at the movies.
894 words
14k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
brethard
brethard
195 Followers

October 30, 2004

Loews Lincoln Square Cinema

New York City

She waved, and he waved back.

John Parker knew something was different about Gwyneth O'Connor, and not just because she waved at him. She was literally the only white person coming out of the 2:30 showing of "Ray," the Ray Charles biopic with Jamie Foxx. She must have stood out in the theatre, John thought to himself.

John, of course, stood out too. He was the only brother in the next theatre over during the 2:15 showing of "Birth," Nicole Kidman's new movie. It was nothing new to him-it had been years since he saw another black man or woman in the theatre when he went to see one of Kidman's films. He was used to it by now.

He wasn't used to white women waving hi to him at the movies, or on the street. Yet Gwyneth had such a kind, sweet face-her long, strawberry-blonde hair and blue eyes really intrigued him-that he couldn't help but wave back. He didn't expect to see her again.

He went to Dewey's Cafe and ordered the usual cheeseburger and fries. It was surprisingly quiet that afternoon, something John enjoyed.

Suddenly, someone walked up to his table.

"Hi there!"

It was a sweet, soft Australian accent. John looked up and saw Gwyneth's radiant blue eyes; she held a tray with a chicken sandwich and fries. He was stunned. Had she followed him there?

"Do you mind if I sit down?"

Her voice was so soft he could barely hear her.

"Not at all. Hi."

"Thank you."

John couldn't quite figure out what was going on. Gwyneth had indeed followed him to Dewey's. Something about him made her curious. There was something dignified about the way he carried himself, a history in his face, a story in his deep brown eyes. She was immediately fascinated by him.

"So, did you like it?" she asked.

"The movie?"

"Yeah. That's my girl, you know."

Gwyneth laughed sweetly, and John felt a jolt in his pants at the sound of her laugh. He had never actually been with a white woman before, though he was certainly very attracted to them. Could she be his first?

"It was OK. I didn't get it. Nicole was great, as always, but it was kinda strange."

"I see."

"How was 'Ray?' I wanted to see that next week."

"Oh, I loved it. Love, love, love Jamie."

"Really."

"That man can do anything. He's so beautiful and he's so talented. I love him."

"Interesting," John replied, immediately wondering if he should have used that word. "Yeah, he is a great actor."

For a few brief moments, it was quite between the two, as they ate and looked at each other. John briefly imagined what it would be like to make love to Gwyneth-the contrast of their bodies in the moonlight, the sight of his dark brown hands on her pale white skin, the sensation of coming inside her-and wondered if she was thinking the same thing.

Indeed, Gwyneth was. John looked like her ideal black man-tall, with a dark chocolate complexion and closely cropped hair. His lips were full and gorgeous, his smile bright, his body muscular. She definitely wanted to get to know him better.

"Do you mind if I ask how you got into Jamie?"

"I saw 'Any Given Sunday' five years ago-for Al Pacino, of course," she smiled. "I hadn't seen Jamie in anything before, but when he was on the screen-wow! I literally went back to the theatre four straight days to see it again because of him. He was gorgeous as fuck, and he should have won an Oscar for that performance. I saw everything he was in after that-'Bait,' 'Ali,' 'Collateral,' all of it. I can't get enough of that man."

"Wow. You're a huge fan."

Gwyneth giggled. John just wanted to eat her up.

"So, do you mind if I ask how you got into Nicole?"

"Well, back when I was 12 years old, I saw 'Days of Thunder' with Tom Cruise. I think that was the first American movie she was in. She was...oh my God-I thought she was the most beautiful woman ever born."

"Wow."

"I couldn't see some of the other movies she was in because they were R-rated, and my parents wouldn't take me to R-rated movies."

"I see."

"Course, I rented them all later."

"Hah!"

"I actually got pissed off at Tom Cruise when he married her. Can you imagine that? Me, at 12 years old, getting angry at Tom Cruise."

"Well, she's available now!"

John laughed. "If I were him, I would have tried to work it out. I don't know what happened there."

"Yeah. I can't get into tabloid stuff, though."

"I know."

His brown eyes met her blue eyes.

"Did anyone ever tell you you kinda look like her?"

"I get that sometimes, but there's no way I'm in her league!" Gwyneth laughed.

"Well, don't sell yourself short!"

"Oh, you're too kind."

They both finished the last of their fries.

"It would be kinda hot if they were both in a film together, don't you think?" she asked.

"Sure. Like a nice romantic comedy."

"Oh, I'd love to see that."

"So would I."

John and Gwyneth left the restaurant and continued to talk. They both knew they'd do so much more...

brethard
brethard
195 Followers
Share this Story

Similar Stories

His Sweet Neighbor He discovers the true nature of the sweet girl next door.in Mature
A Town Without Honor Ch. 01 Honor under fire.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
After the Win Pt. 01 SURPRISE!!! I won!!!in Romance
Her Fairy-Tale Life She saves his life and he transforms hers.in Romance
More Stories