Ready Ch. 07

Story Info
Can Kev and Dee work it out?
5.5k words
4.71
22.7k
7

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/20/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
driphoney
driphoney
78 Followers

The End or the Beginning: Can they get it right?

*

The sun was hanging low in the mid-summer sky as the crowd around her grew weary. They had been waiting for five hours in the sweltering North Carolina heat. Their signs, carefully painted, banners, furled but ready, and balloons clutched in sweaty hands all showed the love their makers kept in check, ready to pour out onto those so long prayed for, so long worried over.

And then there were the flags, hundreds of flags. Someone had taken the time to put the tiny symbols of patriotism along the nearby fence line, little girls had flags anchored in their pigtails, and fathers had flag lapel pins. Deonne, herself sporting a small flag, had long ago given up her nervous twirling and finally rolled it up and put it in her purse.

She had never been on this side of the return, the family side. She had always flown in from the carrier and climbed out of the cockpit thankful when someone was there to greet her, happy to be home, and never truly understanding the worry and fear of those left to continue on with a significant part of their life missing and in harm's way.

Deonne had worried about Kevin while she was deployed, but the constant pace of life aboard ship, the seven-day work week and twelve-hour shifts left little time to dwell on it. Life back home existed in suspended animation, with only the occasional jarring of reality. Someone's wife would have a baby, someone's father died, a spouse would graduate college, or a child made an all-star team.

But even the constant undercurrent of relationship drama and anxiety that is ever present during a long deployment among hundreds of young single and newly married sailors sits in an uneasy holding pattern, waiting to be finally worked out at the end of deployment.

The plane full of soldiers they were all waiting for had not arrived on time, there was some unknown delay. Then the man had come out and said it might not arrive at all, but he would let them know as soon as possible.

As the hours of waiting had stretched, she had grown more and more nervous. All her fears kept resurfacing. What if she had made a huge mistake? What if he really was not happy to see her? What if he looked at her with his old disdain? Or worse, what if he looked right through her? She was starting to hate each single minute of waiting more than she had all the previous months combined.

The knot in her stomach would not go away. Her father was right, she didn't like to risk her heart or her security, and she was gambling both. Her brother, Phil, had reminded her that you never win if you never play the game. So, she said goodbye to the Navy and gave up forever going Mach 2, packed her bags and moved to Fayetteville.

Eventually the man, a colonel, had come out and announced that the flight had gotten delayed indefinitely, but there was a chance it would arrive in the middle of the night. Sometimes the flights would come in the next day at the same scheduled time, so call ahead, the man said. Deonne watched as every single shoulder sagged with disappointment, and then they all trudged back to their cars.

James arranged for her to get the key for Kevin's apartment. She had come by earlier to put things in the fridge, some milk, eggs, bread, juice and homemade pudding and chocolate chip cookies. She figured if it didn't go well, she could try to get to him through his stomach. After leaving the airstrip, she had argued with herself about going back to her own apartment, but the need to see him beat out the chicken in her so she decided in the end to go to his.

She was quite familiar with his place, yet she felt like an intruder. It was so quiet and lonely without him here. What if James was wrong? What if he was furious to find her in his apartment?

Deonne wandered around the neat, masculine living room running her hand over the black leather loveseat and squeezing her hands into the soft red throw as ghosts of joy-filled memories haunted her mind. She remembered how he had fucked her hard once over the back of this couch, her hands had gripped the throw then, but in ecstasy.

Afterward he had teased her and refused to let her get dressed. She had wrapped herself up in the soft cover, but had made sure that when she sat down, it hid nothing and pretty soon her own teasing had gotten her fucked again, this time while being carried around the apartment before collapsing onto the bed.

Next she moved into the bedroom. Opening a drawer she pulled out a t-shirt and inhaled his scent. Clutching it she lay on the bed, tucking the soft cotton under her chin.

*****

Kevin reached for the light and dropped the duffel and backpack on the floor. Standing just inside the apartment, he looked around taking in the familiar furnishings, letting his weary eyes grow accustomed to the light and his brain to the clean, modern surroundings that were light years from his life two days ago. Then he saw it. He didn't recognize the bag, but he knew that NAVY key chain on the coffee table beside it. His breath caught and his eyes darted around the room, searching. Moving quickly to the bedroom door he found her lying curled up in the middle of his bed sleeping. As he stood watching her, feelings he spent months trying to bury rushed at him. He found his hands shaking as he blinked away tears at the significance of what her being here meant.

Her hair was longer, down to her shoulders, and she was wearing a short pink sun dress. She was the most beautiful thing he had ever set eyes on. He wanted to touch her, run his hand down her tan arm, to make sure it wasn't a dream. He wanted to hold her, tell her how much she meant to him. Stepping slowly forward he reached out and saw the contrast of his grubby hand next to her satin skin, the dirt and grime from loading the cargo plane having been stuck on for days and found himself unable to soil the radiant beauty that lay before him, so fresh, clean, bright.

Backing away he quietly slipped into the bathroom, silently closing the door behind him. Peeling off his clothing and stepping into the shower he felt the clean, warm water wash the dirt off, wash the stench of a harsh, often primitive struggle with the brutal realities and constant setbacks his team had encountered in trying to do their small part to help a people build a safe community.

Coming out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist, Kevin grabbed the red throw off the back of the couch to cover them since she was on top of the spread.

Carefully lying beside her, he tucked his body around hers, taking pleasure in the contact. He realized this feeling of contentment washing over him was the real feeling of being home. Truly home.

Deonne stirred and, blinking her eyes, she started to sit up.

"Shhh, go back to sleep," Kevin whispered and pulled her back to him.

"Kev?" she asked and moved again, trying to turn towards him while still half-asleep, attempting to figure it out.

"Go back to sleep. We'll talk in the morning," he promised. Kevin hated waking her, she was so peaceful, so beautiful and he relished holding her, feeling her against him. He couldn't believe she was here and he never wanted to let her go.

Crying out Deonne continued her struggle to turn around inside his arms. Then she was putting her arms around his neck and her lips were kissing his chin and jaw and neck and ear. Tears ran down her cheeks and wet his neck and face as she hugged and kissed her way up to his mouth.

"Kev," she whispered and looked at him as he gazed back in the dim light cast from the living room. She ran her hands down the sides of his face. "I missed you so much." "That doesn't even begin to describe what I felt," Kevin replied, looking at her earnest upturned face. He still couldn't believe she was here.

"Does that mean you'll take me back?" she asked as a small smile formed on her lips.

Kevin couldn't stop a little grunt of laughter. "I think it's more like, will you take me back?" As fast as it came, the smile fell from his eyes. "Dee, I don't know where to begin to say sorry for the way I..."

Deonne reached up and touched her fingers to his lips, quieting him.

"Shhh. Not now."

Kevin was already kissing the fingers she placed in front of his mouth. He skimmed his lips down her arm, feeling the softness against his cheek, then caressed her inner elbow before turning and seeking her lips. Moving over her he deepened the kiss, tangling his tongue with hers as he savored her taste, the feel of her mouth. It was just as he remembered, better than he remembered.

"I can't believe you're here," he whispered.

Deonne pushed him back and, never taking her eyes off his, sat up and reached behind to tug the zipper of her dress down. Tossing it to the floor she unsnapped the lacy white bra, letting it join the dress on the floor.

Kevin smiled and reached up to run his finger along the tan lines that highlighted her tits. "You've gotten a summer tan."

"It's amazing what you have time for when you aren't working fourteen hour days."

Kevin turned his attention from her captivating globes and looked in her eyes. "You got out?"

Deonne, however, was completely distracted and busy running her hands down his hard stomach and unwrapping the towel around Kevin's waist like it was a long overdue present and barely murmured, "Uh-huh."

Looking down at his aroused dick, she picked it up like a precious gift which brought Kevin's complete attention back to the matter at hand, rather, in her hand.

"Babe."

Bending over, she slipped her mouth over his now iron-hard dick, licking across his helmet before trying to put the tip of that pink tongue into his slit, licking up the pre-cum that had started seeping out.

Closing his eyes, Kevin laid back and enjoyed the feel of her mouth on him. He ran his fingers through her thick brown waves and she stopped to look up at him. Opening his eyes suddenly at her withdrawal, he took in her mussed hair, lust-filled eyes and wet lips.

"So beautiful," he murmured before pulling her up against him.

Shifting, Deonne tugged at her little pink and white panties, slipping them down her legs, while grabbing his cock and settling slowly over him, taking him deep. Lifting up she came back down again, this time a little deeper, a little harder. With each stroke she took more in until at last she was fully seated, burying him within her. Stopping, she adjusted, letting her body remember his. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"You feel so good."

Unable to sit still, her hips started moving in slow, small circles. Rocking back and forth, her clit rubbed against the skin and hair above his penis as Kevin played with her tits, squeezing and molding them, pinching and twisting the nipples. Deonne moaned and squirmed even more. Her pussy couldn't take it any more and she started sliding up and down on his thick pole, delighted to be back in business, doing what she was created to do.

Soon she was bouncing up and down on his cock. Kevin moved his hands to her hips making sure she stayed seated right where he wanted her and, smiling, he watched her tits do a lively dance unable to keep up with the movements of her body.

He wasn't going to last long, the shock to his dick of a warm pussy after a year-long hiatus was working against him and she felt so damn good, so soft and so feminine. He wanted to melt into her delicate curves. Somehow his dick could tell she was getting ready, the inner muscles swelling and growing a little tighter, she was milking him a little harder, and her hands cupping and clawing at her tits.

Reaching up he pulled her lips down for a hungry kiss and, wrapping his arms around her back, he rolled them over, putting her under him. Sliding his hands over her ass and down her thighs he wrapped them around him.

Leaning back he looked down to where he was slowing their pace by pulling and pushing his length unhurriedly in and out of her wet slit.

"Look at us baby. Look how we fit together." She looked down his flat, muscle-rippled stomach to where his thick penis disappeared between her legs. The sight was both welcoming and erotic.

"It don't matter," Kevin continued, his breathing starting to deepen and catch, "where we are or what's going on. This is home."

Lowering to his elbows he started kissing her. First her mouth in a short, sweet open caress, then one cheek and the other. Next her forehead and nose before moving back to her mouth with an increasing urgency, smearing his lips along hers and making little nips. Licking and tugging her bottom lip he gently bit it before covering her mouth and thrusting his tongue inside, mimicking his cock which was also picking up speed.

Kevin began plunging full tilt into her engorged, needy crevice. The slap of his balls against her wet crack competed with the noise of the headboard hitting the wall. The pressure in his balls was growing to a fever pitch and he reached under and grabbed her ass, squeezing and pulling her into the uncontrollable thrusts of his cock.

Kevin crammed every bit of his cock as far up into her as he could go as his hot seed erupted out of his balls and shot through his cock, blasting her with his creamy come.

"Fuck!" He felt Deonne quivering under him, deep in the throes of her own orgasm, the clinching of her muscles drawing every drop out of his sac. Over and over he pulled back before ramming forward and firing into her sheath, coating her, grunting with each release.

Kevin lay there breathing hard, exhausted and limp on top of Deonne when he realized he had his full weight on her and started to move, but she tightened her climax-weakened arms and legs around him.

"Don't."

"I'm crushing you," he pointed out and supported himself on his elbows, allowing her to breathe.

"I like feeling your weight on me. Don't pull out yet, I want you there forever."

Deonne squeezed him to her, rubbing the side of her face on his chest. They lay like that for a long while before he pulled out and turned to his side, drawing her next to him.

Kevin's jaw stretched into a yawn. The exhaustion of two days of travel on top of days of endless preparations for the journey home were catching up to him. Deonne, herself, had not been able to sleep a wink the night before, eager and nervous over his return. Sliding under the covers they were both soon asleep, spooned together.

*****

Kevin awoke the next morning to the bright sunlight streaming between the cracks of his dark, heavy curtains, telling him it was late in the morning. He found himself trapped in a soft, feminine prison. Deonne's head lay on his chest, their legs tangled and the cold toes of one of her feet tucked between his calf and the mattress. He never thought he'd be happy to feel those freezing toes, but he realized he was grinning.

Then he heard her words, whispered so quietly he almost missed them.

"Promise you won't ever walk out on me again."

Kevin squeezed his eyes shut and his heart clutched. "Promise."

Her gentle breath felt like a whisper on his chest as her lips kissed him. His fingers trailed over her back before coming up to play with her hair, running strands of it through his fingers.

"I promise I won't ever walk out like that again. I won't quit on us. I love you too damn much to go through this shit again. But I'm still the same ol' hard ass I was before. Dee, baby, I can't promise I won't get mad or impatient or blow up again. I can't even promise I won't stomp out the door.

"And, girl, you're going to get mad at me sometime and you're going to want to stomp off somewhere and lick your wounds, too. But I promise you, if you really think you can put up with me and my crazy life, I will never leave you. I'll always come back in through that door. You may someday wish I would just stay gone, but I'll come back in even if I have to break the damn door down."

"What did you just say?"

"I said I ain't ever leavin' ya again."

"No. That other thing."

She lifted up and looked at him intently, barely breathing, and Kevin looked at her quizzically.

"You don't realize what you just said." She tilted her head, smiling at him, and he shook his head.

"Why? Why won't you ever leave me again?" she asked, and she saw the realization move across his face.

"Because I love you. I love you."

"Took you long enough to figure it out."

"Too damn long," he replied as his dark brown eyes looked back at her, serious and with a touch of sadness.

"You know when I realized I loved you? It was—"

"Oh, you love me?" he cut in, a smile now tugging on his lips.

"You know I do, goofball, I told you a long time ago," she reminded him as she squinted her eyes at him, irritated he had interrupted her story.

"Yes, and it was the saddest moment in my life. So, tell me again."

"Sad? That's awful. I didn't want you to be sad!"

"Tell me again. I promise to not be." He smiled at her, eager to hear her words.

"I love you, Kevin Banning," she said with a smile, bringing a twinkle to her green eyes.

"Thank you." Lifting his head and giving her a small kiss. "Now tell me."

"Tell you what? Oh, yeah. When I first realized I loved you." Deonne couldn't contain her ever-present energy in the telling, so she sat up and threw her legs over his waist, her hands and arms helping relay the story.

"Well, I'm not sure when I actually really loved you, I'm sure it was much earlier, but it was when we were laying on the beach over by Oceana that one time, oh, like your third visit, before I went to San Diego. It was cold and we had gone walking all bundled up and ended up laying on the sand listening to the ocean and watching the clouds, really just doing nothing together, just hanging out and enjoying each other after days of... of..."

"Fucking?" he helped with a smile.

"Yeah. Anyway, I told you some stupid joke and you cracked up. I sat there watching you laugh, your whole face lit up and it hit me; I loved you, I could spend my whole life with you and never get tired of being with you."

"Babe..."

She leaned over and kissed him chastely on the lips before flopping over next to him and putting her head back on his chest.

"I was falling for you back during the mating ritual," he abruptly replied.

Deonne rolled her eyes at his reference because she didn't see it quite that way.

"I had plans and a girl. You were this crazy, wound-up white chick from the country; you were from another planet. And damn, if you weren't sucking me in, driving me crazy. But when I knew, really knew, was when you made me pull over for that stray mutt alongside the highway.

"You were guaranteed to be late for work and there you were running up to that mangy dog hugging it like it was your long-lost child and putting it in your spotless car. You made me-"

"Promise to take it to the no-kill shelter while I was at work," she put in.

He had been visiting her in San Diego, but she wasn't able to get leave, so they just took what time they had. She'd only been late for work three days that week, which was pretty good considering she wasn't getting any sleep.

"I didn't recognize it as love, but I realized I wanted to be that mutt. I wanted you holding onto me that way, looking out for me. I wanted this girl who loves with her whole heart, who understands compassion and devotion, who still blushes and who gives generously and embraces life. Who would shine some light into mine," he finished and grew quiet. "Then I got selfish and threw it all away."

"No."

"Yeah, I did. I wanted you so badly. I wanted you to give up your whole life to be near me so I could see if this thing could work. I wasn't willing to do anything. All I could think about was how I might be able to keep you if I could just get you to move closer. I didn't give a damn about what you were thinking or what you might be going though, or even the sacrifice I was asking you to make.

driphoney
driphoney
78 Followers
12