Rebound Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a couple minutes, he pulled away, breathing slightly heavier than before the kiss. He leaned his head back against the couch, and pulled me tight to him again.

"Thanks," I said, not sure of what else to say.

"My pleasure."

We sat like that on the couch talking about everything and nothing, and occasionally kissing. It was magical. His kisses were perfect, but they left me wanting me. There was a knot of desire building in my lower stomach that was burning more and more with each kiss, but I didn't act on my desires. Instead, we talked and kissed for what seemed like hours before drifting off to sleep in each others arms.

When I woke up, there was bright light in my face, coming in from the living room window. When I realized where I was, I snuggled in closer to Brandon. I replayed the previous night in my mind, remembering all of the wonderful details.

"Crap!" I realized it was Friday, and I had to go to work. Brandon jumped up when I yelled.

"What?"

"What time is it?" I reached for my phone. It was 7:35. I wasn't late, but I definitely didn't have time to go home and change or shower before work. "I have to be at work in 30 minutes."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time. "Yes you do. What are you going to wear?"

"Well, unless you keep a closet cull of clothes that will fit me, I guess I'm wearing this." I looked down at my dress. It wasn't wrinkled, but it was definitely different than my normal slacks and blouse that I usually wore to work.

He looked me up and down, making sure to take his time. "Well, I think you look great!" He paused when his eyes moved to my hair. "But you might want to do something with that." He pointed to the tangled mane on top of my head.

I ran through the open door to his bedroom and into his bathroom. I nearly screamed when I saw the giant knot my hair was in. "Do you have a brush, by chance?"

He was already reaching toward the first drawer, where he pulled out a brush. I quickly took down my hair and painfully combed through it. He stood there watching me the whole time, with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked, looking at him through the mirror.

"Oh, nothing." He still had a smirk on his face.

"What?" I said, this time more forcefully.

"It's just..." He thought about how to word what he was about to say, "I could get used to watching you get ready in the morning."

I couldn't help but smile at what he had suggested. I'm sure I was blushing, but I didn't take my eyes off of him to check as I continued to untangle my mane. The small fire of desire in the pit of my stomach started burning again, but I ignored it. "Do you have a toothbrush I can use?" I asked pleadingly.

"I don't have any extras, but you can use mine. It's on the counter there."

I looked down at the counter to the right of the sink. "Thanks," I smiled.

I quickly brushed my teeth, but I was careful not to make a mess since he was still watching me. He walked around to my side after I was done brushing my teeth and grabbed the toothbrush off the counter. I splashed some water on my face and toweled off while he brushed his teeth.

When he was done brushing his teeth, I headed back out into the living room to grab my purse and shoes. Then I remembered that my car was almost completely out of gas. I looked at my phone to check the time. It was already 7:50. "Crap!"

"What?" he said as he walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I immediately felt at ease. "What is it?" he asked again, bringing me back down into reality.

"My car needs gas, but if I stop I'm going to be late."

"I'll take you to work, then I can bring you back here at lunch or after work."

"Are you sure?"

"It would be my pleasure."

I smiled as I turned around in his arms and kissed him lightly on the lips. "Mine too," I said.

We hurried out to his car, and I made it to work right at 8:00. I ran up the stairs quickly so no one would ask questions about the way I was dressed.

After I checked voicemail and email, I went downstairs to check the mailbox as well as grab some papers off the printer. Luckily, I didn't run into anyone in the copier room.

As I was just getting ready to head back up the stairs, I was stopped in my tracks by Lish's voice. "Hey, Katie. Wait a sec!"

I jumped back down off the first step and walked over to the front desk where Lish was seated.

"Do you have those new listings proofed yet? I need to get the updates in today."

"You'll have them by lunch." I turned quickly and started to walk away.

"Why are you so dressed up?" she asked quizzically.

"Oh, no reason really. I need to do laundry." Again I started to turn and walk away but was stopped.

"Mmm hmm..." I turned to look at her again, knowing I was caught. "That looks more like something you would where out on a date. Late night last night?"

I knew there was no point in lying. I had been caught. "Maybe, but it's not what you think. We fell asleep watching a movie. I was lucky I happened to wake up just in time to make it to work."

"So who's the lucky guy?" I was really hoping she wasn't going to ask that question. I knew if I told Lish I was out with Brandon, the whole office would know by lunchtime. I didn't want him to think I was telling everyone about our night.

"No one you know," I lied.

"Whatever you say..." She didn't believe me, "but you know I'll find out!" I was already half way up the stairs before she was finished. That was a close one, I though to myself.

The day flew by, and I only had to spend about 30 minutes with my boss after he came in before I had to leave to take some measurements of a house we were listing. I made sure to take my time, not wanting to get back to the office until Noon, just in time to leave for lunch. The thought of spending another hour with Brandon exhilarated me.

When I got back to the office, I hurried by Lish's desk so she didn't have time to quiz me again. When I got into my office, I saw a plastic bag sitting on my desk. My boss was already gone, so I figured it was something he had left for me to take care of. I opened the bag, and there was a typed note inside.

Katie,

I'm so sorry, but I had a meeting with a really important client come up for lunch today, and I can't get out of it. I know you don't have a car, so I brought you some lunch. I hope it's okay. I'll be back in the office sometime in the afternoon. I'll give you a ride back to my place to get your car after 5:00. I wasn't sure what you'd like for lunch, so I gave you a few choices.

Sorry, Brandon

P.S.—Thanks for the amazing night last night. I had a really great time. :-)

I dug through the bag, and found three sandwiches. I investigated further and found that one was ham, one was turkey, and one was chicken salad. I went with the turkey sandwich, and pulled it out along with the small bag of chips. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be spending lunch with him, but his note made me happy. He was so sweet.

After I was finished eating, went downstairs to get some water. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I heard Lish call for me. "Oh, Katie..."

"What is it now?" I asked sarcastically.

"You have a delivery," she said coyly.

I looked up at her desk and saw a bouquet of yellow tulips on her desk.

"Thanks," I said as I quickly grabbed them off her desk.

She looked around to make sure no one was within earshot. "So, Brandon, eh? How was he?"

I looked at the bouquet, and the card simply read, 'Thanks!' I was confused about how she knew who the flowers were from. "What are you talking about?" I tried to sound sincerely confused.

"Oh, come on. Don't give me that. He dropped them off and told me they were for you!" Well, she had me there. A smile crept across my face, knowing that he was so open about our date last night. "Well?" She looked up at me waiting for some juicy details.

"I already told you, nothing happened."

"Liar!"

"I promise! We ordered pizza, watched a movie, and then fell asleep on the couch. I woke up just in time for him to bring me to work."

"You kissed him, didn't you!" I paused for a second, thinking how to respond, but she caught me. "Oh my gosh!" she shouted a little too loudly. "You did, didn't you?"

"Well, maybe, but it's none of your business."

"You and Brandon. Who would have thought? Well, me actually. He's been eyeing you ever since you started working here."

"Whatever."

"He has! Don't tell me you never noticed?" I honestly had never noticed, and I still wasn't sure if I believed her or not.

I looked at the clock on the wall behind her desk. It was almost 1:00. Saved by the bell. "I have to get back to work." I ran up the stairs with my flowers before she could say anything else.

When I got upstairs, I put my flowers on my window sill. I opened up a new email message to send to Brandon. It simply said, "My Pleasure!"

My boss was gone most of the afternoon in meetings. He stopped in around 3:30 and said he was going home. Shortly after he left, I heard someone coming up the stairs. I figured my boss had forgot something and was coming back to get it, so I was pleasantly surprised when Brandon peeked his head in my office. "Boo!" he said.

"Hey. How was your meeting?"

"Yeah, I'm so sorry about that."

"Don't be. I understand. It's part of the job. So, how did it go?"

His face lit up when he realized I really wasn't upset about him missing lunch. "It went great! He's decided to buy again. He's looking for a lake house in the $600,000 range. Know of anything?"

"Might take a look at Hartstrait. I though I saw a couple new listings that might fit the bill."

"Thanks!" he said as he headed back toward his office.

"My pleasure!" I shouted after him.