Redamancy Ch. 04-05

Story Info
The slave has a bath and the king lashes out.
3.1k words
4.41
5.8k
3
0

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Four

"We are short one slave and you will be working the feast tonight for the king's sister," Agetha hissed, her glittering blue eyes pointing towards the sky.

Devyn shot her eyebrows up and jumped a little at her voice. The shrillness of the old hag's tone had snuck up on her whilst she was polishing an old brass knob. So much so, Dev ended up dropping the heavy object on top of her foot which resulted in an enormous amount of pain. She groaned and bit her lip.

"Madgeler has been jailed because she was caught stealing a guard's solid gold helmet. So, we need you, Devyn because you are the only human female slave and King Cassius has requested all women to work the feast. Off you go. Bathe and smell better," she wrinkled her nose at Devyn and shooed her off.

Devyn blinked her eyes and stood, rushing towards the grimy basin that had years of dirt and blood from past slaves caked on its surface. She was glad to be privileged a bath for they were few and far between.

Ignoring the stares she received from the other slaves, Devyn quickly disrobed and sank into the lukewarm waters that went past her breasts. She propped up her knees to her chest and hugged them, resting her cheek on one. She sighed and watched as her silver hair swirled atop the water, creating little maelstroms of gray in the tub. The twisting designs began to spin faster as she eyed them, moving with the water. No, not moving with the water. She was actually forcing the water to twirl in such a way.

Devyn gasped and sat back, splashing some liquid onto the stone floor. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts of images that were not real, she dove beneath the rose scented water to wash her hair. Shame, the petals and soaps would turn her hair a light shade of pink but she did not bother. She would be clean!

Dressing in the standard slave clothing, a drab brown dress that lacked proper stitching and form, Devyn made her way out towards the huge kitchen that was bustling with activity.

Cooks and servants ran around with numerous empty and full plates stacked on top of one another. The slave girls were standing cautiously in the far corner, hands behind their backs, sliver chains wrapped around their necks and wrists.

Devyn sported her own chains. Slaves were forced to wear these so those who came across them knew what their roles were. Considering slaves dressed similarly to servants, they were treated far different. Servants were given quarters, rooms in which they shared down in the back of the castle. Slaves had only one room, no larger than a storage closet, and had to sleep on top of one another. However, thanks to King Cassius and his disapproval of slavery, only a handful of human slaves remained.

Of course, Devyn had been sold into slavery by her adoptive parents so they could repay the debts her father had accrued from the King of Edrein. No longer were the days of taking children from their homes to force them into servitude. No. Slavery was condemned but not forbidden. And, to have slaves in Ieslal, you had to purchase them rather than trade or steal.

What a cruel and deceitful land she lived in.

Asna was once a prosperous country with peaceful races. That was long ago. The Elves, the Broslans, and the Humans all conspired against one another. And, when they were not warring with the other kingdoms, civil conflict erupted within their own borders.

Devyn had heard of other kingdoms being far more diplomatic with no turmoil or struggle. Granted, the Elvin kingdom despised war with the Broslans and humans, they still fed the fire. Elves tried to outlaw slavery within each kingdom, having none of their own. They rarely had servants. The elves who did serve the royals were doing it out of gratitude and respect not belligerence and coercion.

The humans simply had slaves who had done wrong in the past. It was their punishment. Either that or death. And who would choose death?

The Broslans, a nightly breed of humanoids, chose to have slavery to instill their power over the lesser species. History tells the children that the Broslans had once thrived in Asna, ultimately controlling her plains. Until one day, an Elf came over from a faraway land, claiming his forests were rotted and soil dry, and settled on the southern tip. They had lived side by side for quite some time but one day, the ancient Elf wanted to have a village and he did.

The old Broslan king did not like this and set out to destroy the village when the Elf king declared a treaty. The Elves would occupy the southern region while the Broslans laid claim to the rest of Asna.

Thus, they kept it this way for nearly a thousand years until the Broslans had captured a passing ship of humans to make them their slaves. Several years had passed until enough humans rebelled and escaped to the middle western region of Asna, claiming it as the Free Lands of Edrein Acral. The first human king in Asna, King Edrein was revered and still is as a near saint for having saved the humans from the Broslans.

Battles and war ensued for many years until the old kings finally realized that the fighting was no longer worth the resources.

And, as of late, the peace among the kingdoms has been riddled with disease and war. Ancient forms of dark magic were being used to control the subjects and other royals to the advantage of the rulers. Pathetic, honestly, but power was power and thrived in every single being. The humans were never really possessive of talents aside from practiced traits of alchemy and spells whereas the Elves were able to communicate with the beasts that roamed the lands and produce luscious forests.

The Broslans used to be flashy with magic until King Cassius outlawed it ten years ago.

"You, slave girl," a stout and plump Broslan pointed a clawed finger at Devyn while she daydreamed with the other females. She hadn't been aware of what she was doing until the man snapped his fingers in her face. "Take these out and be careful not to spill. If you do, I will have you beaten."

The lead servant, Chazen, placed a heavy tray in Devyn's arms and ushered her out to the dining hall, where the king would already be seated with his guests of honor, including his sister.

Devyn was careful not tilt the tray too much for fear of spilling the solid gold goblets of wine. An earthy smell wafted her way as she exited the kitchen through double wide solid wood doors.

The dining hall was lengthy with a massively long table that occupied the center of the room. A deep red runner ran the flooring beneath the table while candelabras lined the walls, illuminating the hall in a soft glow. It was nearing dawn out but this was considered late to most Broslans. The opened archways let in the light of the two moons that hung overhead, adding to the radiance over the guests.

With her human eyes, it was difficult for her to see in the dark but, she had grown accustomed to the low light the Broslans typically lived their lives.

"Oh, Cassius, you must choose a bride! You are over a quarter into your life. Thirty years is far too old!" A lilting voice sounded out above the roar of the crowd. It was sweet yet innocent with a hint of wariness ending on each word. As if the owner had experienced some great tragedy in the past. "The Thanes and Lords around here are blessed with precious brides fit for you!"

A groan followed by the familiar voice that had forced Devyn to her knees earlier that day replied. "Please, Velorina. I am in no need of a wife. Women are too complicated," he ground out.

Devyn kept her face down once she was done setting the many goblets down, saving the largest and fullest for the king himself. Her chains clinked when she grew nearer to the man who had bought her. Oh, she's tried to escape but they've always failed. Now, she knew there was no hope.

The woman whom he called "Velorina" smiled at her, big blue eyes lighting up in the moonlight. Her belly was large and rotund, most likely carrying a babe or two. She appeared to be happy but that could be because of the glow that accompanied all females with pregnancy. She also held a striking resemblance to the king but had sharper features. Almost like an Elf's...

"My gods! Dear, you have quite possibly the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen!" Lady Velorina grabbed Devyn's wrist to hold her in place after she placed a goblet in front of the king and his sister.

Stunned, Devyn pulled back slightly with a gasp. "Exc-," she began but quickly learned that she was in the presence of the king and if she were to speak, she'd surely lose either her tongue or her head. So, she snapped her mouth shut and glanced quickly to the king, gauging his reaction to see if he noticed her outburst.

He did.

If his narrowed eyes were any indication.

Bowing, Devyn made to step away but Lady Velorina pulled her closer. "Seriously darling, you can speak to me. Just ignore my horrid brother. He knows not what he wants," she winked and laughed.

Devyn smiled, revealing a full set of white teeth, thankful she had at least a somewhat mediocre upbringing. She nodded but still did not say a word.

Lady Velorina's face fell when she looked towards her brother and shook her head. "Really, Cassius? Is this necessary? The poor girl has feelings just like you and I. Why do you have these terrible rules and laws? What do you gain from them? Other than the forced respect," she whispered but Devyn could hear every word.

"Leave us," the king demanded of Devyn.

She tugged at her wrist until Lady Velorina let go. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes, making the violet irises pop. She shouldn't cry because then she'd appear weak. And she was not weak.

Sure, she'd been beaten senseless and even tormented for days when she couldn't polish a knob perfectly but this compassion and humiliation from a royal Broslan was something unsettling and had her head swimming with emotions she had not felt in a long while. She wanted to hug Lady Velorina but knew if she did, she'd die. However, the impulse was enough to risk death.

Devyn took one last look at the two royals, one with an empathetic smile and the other with a brooding expression, and fled the dining hall, squeezing her eyes shut so the tears would not slip down her reddened cheeks.

Chapter Five

"Was that really necessary?"

Cassius ignored his sister as he gulped down his wine. Ah, sweet and dry, a perfect combination fit for a king. He shouldn't have to justify his actions to her. The king did whatever pleased him.

Velorina placed a hand on his forearm, over his dark armor clad arm. Aye, he was still dressed in his riding armor, a very protective metal that helped shield his most vital organs when out riding in the middle of the night. He was still king but that didn't mean that every single one of his subjects really enjoyed him being their ruler. "You've scared the poor girl," she whispered and nodded her head towards the kitchens, where the human slave had escaped to.

"So?" He rose a brow. "Her spirits are of no importance to me."

She frowned and removed her hand. "You've...changed."

He simply shrugged and continued his meal, a rather obnoxious yet endearing course of a fine, freshly hunted bird coupled with steamed vegetables. He, of course, had the fullest plate while the lesser highborn bore not so full of plates.

Were they beasts? Did they live in the wild in packs? Sure, he was technically the alpha male however, he would share if need be. He did not like having the most food whilst one may be starving out in the cold night. He would be okay to miss a meal or two, perhaps to prove a point that he was like his people, whether he was royalty or not. He honestly was your average Broslan who fed a little more often because sustenance was given to him. He drank only because it was like drinking wine and ale; it soothed his rattling nerves.

While he was gulping down the last bit of his wine in his goblet, he peeked over the rim and noticed Toros staring rather unabashedly in the direction that slave girl had run off in.

A hungry expression swept over his features and this uneased Cassius for some reason. How dare he look that way while his wife is seated across from him? Cassius shook his head and stared down at his half-eaten breast that was dark in color but rich in flavor.

Suddenly, he was no longer hungry but instead, angry. He'd need a concubine tonight.

The girl Flarin brought in was slim in the waist, an Elf who was caught stealing from his lands.

Flarin, his advisor, an old friend of his late father and the family. He'd looked out for the children while their father grew mad with the sickness that overtook him. He'd kept them safe when Riynor stole out to the cemetery to desecrate the graves of kings past. He'd explained to them that what took the king's mind was incurable.

"On the floor," he commanded of the girl whose eyes were a bright green and wide with fear. He pushed all memories of his dead father aside and watched the girl kneel warily, shoulders shaking. Her long, pointed ears hung out of her pale hair, drooping at the ends given their length. There were several types of Elves in Drovalor, all differing in the sense of their ear lengths. The longer ears were an indication of pureblood and most notably highborn while the shorter points, those barely visible out of the hair, were known to be mutts.

Cassius ignored the fact that she was a pureblood and may have been a noble at one point in her life. And that only made the end result that much sweeter considering she was in for a wild ride.

Sure, he liked it rough. He preferred it that way, honestly but tonight, tonight he wanted to savor the bloodletting he was about endure. Elvin blood was the purest, a delightful concoction of woodsy and earthen taste. Truthfully, Cassius rarely drank from an Elf maiden unless he absolutely needed to. As if he were in a great deal of stress like tonight.

Damn the gods, Toros really unnerved Cassius. Had he not impregnated Velorina, the bastard would be dead. But, what'd done is done.

"Remove your clothing," he muttered and stood before the girl. She had a name but he did not know it. He didn't need to know it. This was all for his pleasure, his need, his vice. Drinking blood was no longer required to sustain their way of life.

The girl did as she was told, tears rimming her eyes. She knew what was about to happen and her face belied her expression of bravery. She was a beautiful thing, slight and slender. A little too lean for his tastes but she would do. After all, Broslan blood was nothing new and it disgusted him. Almost as if he were a cannibal, feeding off his own kind.

They were in the Preference Quarters, a four-chambered room at the base of the castle, near the back. Here, any and all royal, even the workers, could dive into their wildest desires without being disturbed. A tiny bit of magic was needed to lock the doors but that was the only obligation. Given not very many Broslans practiced magic much anymore, those who could access the Preference Quarters were few and far between.

A double-wide bed occupied one wall while chains and cuffs took up the other. The girl was kneeling beside the bed, her bottom skimming the loose sheets. She was trembling now, naked and bare for him.

Her breasts were too pointed, not plump like he wanted. Her hips were too narrow, not fit to bear a great deal of children. Breeding for her would be harsh and painful with his kind but, that was why he had implanted a known law in his kingdom. No interspecies relations. Sure, same-sex was fine by him but as long as they shared the same background.

Her golden skin had small bumps from her nervousness and her nipples were dark and flat. She wasn't aroused and why would she be? Her fears were obvious about getting raped. He would never do that.

She would consent willingly.

"Stay on your knees and crawl to me," his voice was thick with desire, dark with need. His fangs lengthened down from his top jaw while his bottom fangs rose up from the depths. He was on the stone flooring, legs crossed in front of him, relieved of his chest plates and greaves. Dressed down in a tight black tunic and leg armor, he was relaxed.

He watched the girl crawl, her breasts swinging like a pendulum below her shoulders. Her pale hair swept the floor and her hands pawed lightly at the cold stone. If he were an Elf, he may have wanted her in another way other than to please himself.

But alas, he craved her blood.

Once she was within arm's reach, he grabbed her by the neck and brought his mouth to her throat, kissing and then sinking those sharpened fangs deep into her skin. The flow of her magnificent blood poured profoundly into his mouth and he groaned, pulling the girl closer to his chest. He blindly grasped at her breast and kneaded it beneath his rough palm.

She whimpered and sank into his touch. The bite was meant to happen between two lovers and it always seemed to ease the other into an oblivion of passion. He knew her senses were becoming in disarray, muddling her conscious so she had no choice but to submit.

In a flash, they were on the used bed and he was bare, feeling himself nearly explode with the want that seemed to bubble up within his veins. He was in her, under her and suddenly, a pair of violet eyes were staring down at him, filled with wanton hunger, her moon-kissed hair brushing the stubble on his chin. The thirst became too much and he drank more from the non-violet eyed girl, spilling her blood onto his chest and down his chin.

That night, he howled and nearly took a life.