Redemption of the Drow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kiore11
kiore11
14 Followers

#

For several days, those loyal to Elspeth had fortified the passageways in the Secretariat Spoke. So far there had been only minor skirmishes with Xiana's armies, mostly on the surface, though occasionally a patrol would be rooted out slinking through the labyrinthine tunnels connecting to the Spoke. Elspeth delegated her senior soldiers to set sentries at the entrance of the Spoke, ensuring that contact with the outside world continued.

Elspeth herself, together with her senior priestesses spent several days chanting incantations; increasing the power of the ward between the Spoke and the temple. Now was the time for this to be tested. After four days of skirmishing, Xiana's patrols on the surface suddenly fell back. It seemed they were needed elsewhere, and there were two days of calm, allowing Elspeth to consolidate her forces around the ward, where the next attack was to come from.

A contingent of poisonous spiders crept along the Spoke from the temple like a deadly knee-deep carpet. When the leading creatures touched the invisible barrier they leapt back as though stung, before curling up their legs and dying with a sizzling, crackling sound. Although at least one priestess had to be on guard all the time to maintain concentration for the warding spell, the ward also held fast against the demonic beings and the shadowy dogs who disappeared, howling, as they hit it.

The barrier then had a harder test when it was confronted by an army of arakne. These twisted products of dark elf malice, for all their evil, were fashioned on this world, not summoned from another. The ward was therefore unable to banish them; nor could it injure them as it did their lesser arachnid kin, though it did hold them back. Then one of the archers on Elspeth's side fired at them and discovered that bolts could pass through from their side.

For several minutes Elspeth's drow enjoyed their sport as bolt after bolt sunk into the bloated spider abdomens with a satisfying plopping sound. The arakne scuttled down the passage back to the temple, their mandibles rasping together in pain, their swollen bodies stuck like pin cushions. The archers cheered and whooped and stamped their feet.

Then they were silent as Xiana herself strode down the passageway. The arakne horde let her pass then followed behind. Following them were the remaining dogs and the demons, and then some junior priestesses and acolytes. The devilish convoy stopped just behind the ward. Elspeth stepped out to face them, her archers behind her, and the two High Priestesses glared at each other. Elspeth noticed that Xiana's rear end protruded more than usual in a drow. Then Xiana started to speak, softly and seductively to Elspeth.

#

Maxi and the cavalry made good time. The first night, Maxi and Kerri wondered out of earshot of the camp, and found a convenient cave. Kerri glanced around, then without a word took off her clothes. Maxi did the same. Kerri turned her back on Maxi, doubled over, gripped her calves with her hands, and bent her legs slightly. Her buttocks were smooth, dark, shapely and very inviting. Maxi grinned, then drawing his hand back, he slapped her heartily on her bare bottom.

Kerri yelped and spun round. Her backside was tingling, a delicious pain that also aroused her. "That's better," grinned Maxi, "I like to see faces."

Maxi gazed at Kerri's eugenically crafted face, her smooth skin, full lips, bright eyes and shapely cheeks. Better than Jade at the moment, with that long ugly gash, he thought. He then looked down at the body. The small pert breasts, nipples erect, the smooth belly, and the perfectly formed triangle of blond pubic hair. There was a large mole near Kerri's belly button that spoiled her perfection, and had perhaps contributed to her becoming a temple slave.

Maxi saw the way his slap had excited her. He grabbed Kerri round the waist, forced her around again and bent her over. Then he slowly applied several more hard smacks until her buttocks were hot and red, and Kerri was groaning and screaming. When Maxi stopped, Kerri turned to face him again, and Maxi forced her to the floor, grabbing her legs and pulling them apart. Kerri was squirming with sexual pleasure as Maxi knelt down, her moist pink slit ready for him to thrust his erect penis between her parted legs.

Kerri screwed up her face in anticipation. Maxi made to start thrusting, then seemed to change his mind.

"Put it in, put it in," groaned Kerri.

Maxi kneaded Kerri's labia and she squirmed and wriggled in joy. "Stay still," he snapped, raising his arm. Maxi continued his ministrations, and only Kerri's quiet moans betrayed her mounting excitement. Then Maxi knelt beside Kerri, slowly drawing his penis into her. Kerri started to wriggle again, and Maxi gripped her thighs, holding her legs apart and simultaneously pinning her down. Kerri twined her legs around Maxi, attempting to pull him in further, but Maxi was not to be drawn.

Instead he grabbed at Kerri's breasts with one hand and started to rub them backwards and forwards. Kerri pulled harder with her legs and this time Maxi allowed himself to slip fully inside her, grinding at Kerri's crotch. He thought just how much fun he was having teasing her and leading her on. Jade was used to Maxi's tricks, but Kerri had never experienced them before. It appeared that she was not used to face to face love making either, but she was obviously enjoying it now.

Maxi stayed still, enjoying the vaginal contractions that increased in intensity. When Kerri started to wriggle he told her sharply to be still. Thus his arousal built up slowly, while Kerri was beside herself with both happiness and anticipation. Then when Maxi was just about ready to climax he suddenly shifted his grip on Kerri, drew back, and gave three sharp thrusts.

Kerri screamed with absolute delight as Maxi spurted inside her, then she fell back underneath him. Maxi got up slowly, enjoying the sense of power as he gazed at the naked figure on the ground, legs still apart, the white foamy liquid easily visible between them. When he had been making love to Jade the two of them had always sparred over who would dominate; part of the excitement. But Kerri was totally submissive and enjoyed being so. Wordlessly he rolled her over, and she lay on her stomach passively.

Maxi thought of Jade and Mira and what they would be doing together, alone on their mission. Without thinking he hit Kerri hard on her already sore buttocks. Kerri yelped, but then arched her back and thrust her firm behind at him, begging for more. Maxi swung back as hard as he could and hit her so hard his hand stung. Kerri was thrown forward. Maxi grabbed hold of her buttocks, steadying them, then roughly reached round her waist to grab her breasts and rammed his penis inside her from behind. Kerri was well lubed up from the previous time so Maxi was able to enter with no resistance at all, knocking Kerri forward and backward. She screamed and screamed, whether from pleasure or pain Maxi neither knew nor cared, but it all seemed the same to her.

Then Kerri came with a jarring orgasm that shook her whole body and made it go limp. Maxi rammed harder and deeper and came soon afterwards. They sat down and faced each other, panting.

Kerri was red in the face and looked as though she had just been running for her life. "That was wonderful," she said as soon as she had got her breath back. But Maxi had got dressed and was walking away, leaving Kerri with her dreams of future sessions.

The next day the platoon had left the populated lands behind and was cantering through genuine frontier. The day was largely uneventful. There was a suggestion of bandit and orc patrols, but these melted away into the bushes as the cavalry turned to face them. The cavalry camped in the evening, and Kerri and Maxi sneaked away together as before.

As they broke camp the next morning they saw the spy birds, which flew away screeching. So much for surprise, Maxi thought. Soon afterwards, the dragon birds came flapping out of the sun. A regular squadron of over a hundred. But they were not dealing with a rabble of orcs or bandits, but a disciplined cavalry unit.

The men were on their horses in an instant, arrows notched on bows, and only half the birds made it close enough to grapple with the men; one or two birds attacking each soldier. The soldiers bunched together, a sword swing width apart; close enough to assist but not to accidentally decapitate each other. Maxi was at one end of the line and the cavalry officer at the other. As each bird started grappling they gave out a piercing shriek. Then one of the two birds ripping at Maxi swooped around and started charging a figure that had just emerged from a cave. It was Kerri.

Maxi was on horse back and had not yet got the hang of controlling his unfamiliar mount. So instead he leapt from the horse just as the bird raked at him with its talons, causing the bird to miss. Maxi's crossbow was in his hand as he fell and he pumped two bolts into the bird attacking Kerri. So he was unable to defend himself from the bird that had been engaging him, which hit him with a shuddering jolt from behind, knocking him down.

Maxi was pinned face down as the claws tore through his leather armour. He felt the wind on his cheek as the beak smashed downward. Instinctively he moved his head and the beak thudded into the grass inches from his ear, with a force that would have cracked his skull open had it connected.

Maxi struggled to get up and draw his dagger as the dragon bird tore at his flesh. He had to concentrate to stop himself passing out from the pain. Then just as he felt the bird lifting its beak again, the pressure on his back eased, and warm blood sprayed over his head. Maxi felt the dead weight being lifted off him, and Terry was standing over him, wiping his bloodstained sword.

Kerri patched up Maxi's lacerated back as best she could. She had been learning some of the healing arts from Elspeth, and as she plied the stiff bandage, much of Maxi's pain left. Kerri told Maxi he would need to see Elspeth for a complete cure.

"That was very gallant of you Maxi," said Kerri. "Why did you do it?"

Why indeed? Maxi had found Kerri an exciting play mate, and a novel sex partner, but he did not love her. He had not been unfaithful to Jade in all the time he had known her, and even during their courtship he had gone through several months of enforced celibacy sooner than betray her trust. Yet now, Jade had been damaged physically as well as emotionally, and sensing Maxi's withdrawal, had allowed the hero-worshipping half dwarf to have her way. Maxi had acted in defiance, but now after two consecutive nights of passion, he wished he had made more effort to restrain himself.

"Code of the warrior," said Maxi. "A good leader protects the troops."

"You're not even leading this expedition. Yet you risked your own life to save me. And for a man to rescue a woman is even more unusual. Unless he fancies her."

If Maxi had analysed his motives he may have realised how much the human influence had permeated his drow nature. In a culture ruled by men, women were to be protected, not feared. But Maxi was uncomfortable with introspection and simply shook his head.

#

Xiana and Elspeth faced each other across the invisible barrier, their followers silent behind them. On Xiana's side the arakne, demons, dogs and acolytes; the priestesses and warriors behind Elspeth. Both women were dressed in purple robes with a red gem clasp, and both grasped the engraved staff of office. Both were tall, slender and beautiful, their peroxide hair falling to their shoulders. But only Xiana had the prominent teeth when she smiled, and Elspeth thought she saw what looked like venom dripping from them.

Xiana's voice was soft and silky. "So, Elspeth, my lesson in power was well learned. You did well to use the temple trash and the other suckers to further your own end. But now you have reached the end of your road. I have come to reclaim what is mine."

Elspeth was still frightened by her ex-commander, but at the same time she flushed with pride, forgetting that it had been Jade's idea that she become High Priestess and that she would never have succeeded without help from an unknown Power that had augmented her love for Terry and enabled her to use healing spells. "I have proved myself the stronger," she said. "And I am High Priestess by right of conquest. Submit to me or die!".

Elspeth had hoped that her words, backed by her followers, would sound impressive. But Xiana just laughed. "You foolish girl," she said. "Do you really think your bluster will impress me? See what I can do." she waved at the demons and dogs she had summoned. Then she fingered the spider amulet around her neck. Immediately two giant spiders sailed down from the ceiling on thick silken ropes.

"I can heal," replied Elspeth. She hoped her voice sounded commanding, and that Xiana and her own followers did not hear the waver in it.

"A very impressive party trick," smiled Xiana. "but not sufficient for a High Priestess. I am disappointed in you, Elspeth. You showed great promise. I had you marked for the Secretariat. In time, under my careful coaching, you could have become High Priestess. But you had to pre-empt your destiny and usurp my role before you were ready for it. Because as you can see, you are floundering badly. But come, your healing skill is useful I will grant you. If you surrender to me now I will not harm you or your followers. And I will make you leader of the Secretariat. A position second only to mine."

Elspeth was not sure whether Xiana had cast an enchantment spell, or if she was using her natural charms. Probably the latter, since priestesses did not normally engage with others through enchantment. Whatever means she had at her disposal, her words were certainly convincing. Elspeth heard some angry muttering from behind her, but she also heard others talking about Xiana in tones of admiration. There appeared to be mutiny fermenting in her ranks, but it need not worry her. All she had to do was lift the ward, and Xiana's minions would come pouring in. Surrender would be easy.

There was a sudden commotion behind her. Maxi had barged past her followers, using the pommel of his dagger to roughly prod others out of his way. Elspeth saw that his torso was completely covered by bandages.

"You stinking liar!" he shouted at Xiana. "You have no intention of honouring your agreement. You killed Trieste and tried to kill Jade. You spider fetishists are craven scum. Your men died protecting you, but you ran away like a coward!"

When Elspeth heard these words it was as if she had awoken from a trance. Maxi was right; Xiana would not honour any promises. Maybe she had been foolish to listen to Jade and take on the role of High Priestess so quickly, but the deed was done now, and there was no going back. She heard cheers from those behind her, even from those who had been poked hard in the guts by Maxi, and she realised that this was not just about her.

"My commander in chief is right," she said to Xiana. "And healing is not a 'party trick' as you put it. It is a divine favour that the Spider has not provided you, no matter how hard you begged her. I would tell you my secret that allows healing, but you would never understand. Any of you who are not too seeped in evil are welcome to join my side and learn it."

Elspeth noticed some of Xiana's acolytes were taking in her words, but none of them made a move. Maybe they will later, she thought, once Xiana has left.

Xiana snarled at Maxi. Her teeth seemed to have grown bigger even in the short time they had been talking, and she let rip with a string of curses, expletives and taunts. Telling Maxi exactly what she had done to Trieste and how she would love to have him in her torture chamber. To her intense embarrassment, Maxi did not even seem to notice her, instead allowing Elspeth to grasp him by the arm and lead him down one of the passages. One of the senior Priestesses stepped in to take Elspeth's position holding the barrier in place.

Elspeth led Maxi to her quarters. There she gently removed the bandages and told him to lie on her bed, luxuriously appointed with spider-silk sheets, soft fluffy mattresses and pillows. Maxi lay on his belly and Elspeth started the healing chant, using a poultice of herbs to weave with her magic.

"I discovered that above ground plants have powerful magic in them, that our underground edible fungi don't have," she said. "Though some of our more clever sages have recently discovered that some moulds can heal wounds. We don't know how they do it; some magic we have yet to discover, that comes from neither sorcery nor goddess. So far from what we can gather the magic is in the moulds themselves. We know this because they are equally effective no matter who uses them."

"The art of healing is knowledge we could all use," said Maxi as Elspeth worked her magic. "Truly the world is a better place since you usurped that semi-arakne Xiana. You are completely daft to even think of handing it back to her."

"That's what I need you for Maxi. Kerri is growing some backbone, but my other advisers would never tell me anything for my own good if they thought it would be unwelcome." Elspeth by now had finished her spell, and Maxi felt the damaged muscles growing whole again, his pain diminishing to nothing, not even a memory.

"Is Jade not with you?," said Elspeth. "Have you finished with each other?"

Maxi felt a pang of conscience as Elspeth said those words. "Jade is away looking for the source of whatever it is that gives you the healing. We are still together, though troubled at present."

Maxi got up off the bed, only to notice that Elspeth was naked. She lay down on the bed that Maxi had just vacated, legs provocatively parted. "There is something else you must do for me. It is our duty to produce perfect children to pass on my line. Unlike Xiana I also want to mix duty with pleasure."

Maxi stared down at the second naked drow body he had seen in so many days. Like Kerri, Elspeth had long dark legs, a well clipped blond pubic triangle and firm breasts. In fact apart from the mole on Kerri's body, they could have come from the same mould. Maxi started to get hard and thought about simply doing as he was told; after all the Holy of Holies is not easy to penetrate, especially given so willingly and alluringly.

But then he remembered Jade. He had been unfaithful once, out of pique and jealousy. What excuse could he give for a second transgression. He shook his head. "No Elspeth -- Your Holiness," he said. "There is somebody much more deserving of your prize. Terry and his son came with me, and Terry saved my life when the dragon bird attacked me. Call him to you instead."

Elspeth got up and put on her robe. "Terry is very sweet and solicitous", she said. "But he will not give me drow babies."

"It will not matter any more," said Maxi. "The age of pure bloods is over. Human, dwarf and drow must join together to defeat a more important foe. Have your children with Terry and build up your empire."

"I could have you executed for disobeying me," she said sulkily.

"Then what would you do for a commander in chief? And what has happened to your resolve to find advisers who will tell you the truth? I have already saved you from Xiana's wiles. You were ready to give in to her when I arrived. You need me alive, and you know it."

Maxi left the room and Elspeth made no move to stop him. There was a slave waiting outside.

"Fetch the human fighter Terry and his son, and bring them here," said Maxi.

The slave bowed and left. Maxi waited until he saw Terry approach, the slave carrying his son.

"Keep her occupied, mate," he said, patting Terry on the shoulder. "Get her out of my hair all day. I have things to do." Maxi started walking back to the barrier. He had some ideas on changes in guard duty that he wanted carried out straight away.

kiore11
kiore11
14 Followers
123456...9