Rehabilitation Ch. 03

Story Info
The rehabilitation ends - final chapter.
3.9k words
4.47
10.8k
4
14

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/14/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At the breakfast table Mum gave Leah a worried look, placing a hand on her forehead to feel her temperature. "You're not coming down with something, are you?" her mother asked, clearly concerned. "Hardly any dinner last night and not eating your breakfast now. Perhaps I should call the hospital and let them know you won't be in for therapy today," Mum thought out loud while getting up and reaching for the phone.

"No!" Leah interrupted, a look of shock in her eyes as she watched her mother. "I mean...I need the training," she continued a little scared her mother would start asking questions. Her mother raised an eyebrow at Leah's reaction and sat down again. Leah could almost feel the burning stare of her mother and didn't dare to look her in the eye. Scared her face would give away too much, she kept her eyes focused on the breakfast plate in front of her.

The room was silent for a few seconds before her mother broke the silence, "Ok...what's going on?" Leah looked at her mum, trying to think of something to say but didn't speak. "I can tell there is something on your mind, Leah," her mother tried again. This time her voice sounded slightly more demanding and it made her daughter blush.

"I got a text this morning," Leah said as she reached for her phone and looked up the message. She held her hand out and showed her mother what she had received. She watched her face as her mother read the text, nervously awaiting her reaction.

"Well...That's nice of him," Mum said smiling, while her voice sounded a little hesitant.

Leah couldn't believe what she heard, "Nice of him?!" She opened her mouth to explain her dismay but decided to keep quiet and just shook her head. Her mother never really accepted the end of the relationship. She still had high hopes Leah and Joshua would get back together again. More than once she had mentioned that she understood his decision for the temporary break up. To Leah it had felt like a slap in the face hearing her mother´s thoughts on the matter, but she had never really stood up for herself or protested.

After a few moments Leah looked up at the clock on the wall and broke the silence, "I need to get ready for therapy."

Her mum nodded, glad that her daughter had changed the subject and ended the awkward situation. "Dad can drop you off at his way to work," she replied, "just text me when you're done and I'll pick you up again."

"Will do," Leah answered as she headed for her room to collect her bag and wait for her dad.

-----

As she entered the hospital Leah felt nervous. She was unsure on what Paul might have to say about the previous day. It seemed unlikely that he would just ignore her text and not mention the incident at all but Leah wouldn´t be surprised if he would casually wave it aside as a ´heat of the moment´ sort of situation. As she was sitting in the waiting area she decided to text her mum.

'Going for coffee with someone after therapy, no need to pick me up! Xx'

Leah hoped Paul would have some time in his busy schedule to have a drink with her. It would make it easier for the both of them to focus on the therapy first and would provide extra time for her to rearrange her thoughts and think of what to say. Soon enough her phone buzzed again and showed her mother´s reply.

´Ok, enjoy dear!´

A small chuckle escaped Leah´s lips. Her mum had no idea with whom she was meeting up but Leah could predict her mother´s thoughts. Eventually she would find out but for now it was best to leave her guessing. Just as she put her phone away again, Leah heard footsteps coming towards her. She looked up with a smile on her face, expecting to see Paul, but her smile faded as soon as she realised she was staring into Joshua´s dark eyes.

"Hey there," he said in a dark raspy voice, "your mum told me I would find you here."

Leah slowly shook her head in disbelief, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I stopped by your parent's place to see how you're doing, but mum said you'd just left," Joshua said smiling as he sat down next to her.

'That's why mum's reply was without any questions,' Leah thought to herself. Of course she assumed it was Joshua with whom she would be having coffee. "I don't want you here," Leah said, not even trying to be polite.

Joshua leaned in a little closer, "Hey now, I just want a friendly chat, that's all."

Leah shifted in her seat and tried moving away from him, "You need to leave!"

"The hospital is a public place. You can't send me away," he replied with an arrogant smile on his face.

"But I can!" a third voice joined the conversation.

Leah looked up and sighed a relieved sigh as she noticed Paul standing there. Joshua stood up from his seat and took a step towards Paul. "Back off! The girl and I are just talking," He spoke, clearly annoyed by this smart-ass intruder.

"This woman...," Paul replied, "is my patient and we have an appointment scheduled." He walked past Joshua, got behind Leah's wheel chair and pushed her out of the room. Just before leaving the waiting area Paul turned to Joshua one more time and spoke in a calm composed voice, "I suggest you leave the hospital before I call security."

-----

The long hallway was empty and apart from the squeaking noise of the wheels on the linoleum floor it was quiet. Neither of them said a word while Paul pushed Leah's wheelchair towards the therapy room. Leah waited until the door was shut before muttering a soft, "Thank you," blushing as she looked at Paul.

He shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the big metal shelves on the side of the room. "Don't mention it, he was just annoying me," Paul replied casually.

His voice sounded a little cold. It made Leah worried about not being able to have a real conversation so she tried again. "Would you really have called security on him?" she asked, hoping he would give a more compassionate response this time.

A chuckle was Paul's reaction to the question. He took the braces from the shelves and turned to Leah to put them on her legs. "There is no security on this side of the hospital," he said as he kneeled down in front of her. "There is at the psychiatric wing," Paul continued while pulling the brace tightly around her leg, "Then again, that's where he belongs anyway..."

"You take that back right now!" Leah interrupted. Her voice sounding louder and angrier than she intended. Even though he had hurt her badly, Joshua still held a special place in her heart.

Paul froze and held her leg before looking up in shock, clearly not expecting her outburst. "I just...I was just trying to cheer you up," he whispered, trying to smile at Leah. He looked into her eyes and saw she was really upset. Letting go of her leg, Paul sat down on the floor in front of her and smiled a bit awkwardly, "It was a joke...honestly!"

"You have a terrible sense of humour," Leah replied while the frown on her face slowly disappeared. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her thoughts. Joshua walking in like that had messed up her mind and almost made her forget about the situation between her and Paul. Thinking it would be for the best to get things out of the way she decided to be bold, "Let's go for a drink, I don't feel like training." Leah was worried he would refuse or question the idea. But to her surprise Paul simply nodded and without saying a word started unstrapping the brace he had just secured around her leg.

Paul stood up and placed the braces back on the metal racks at the side. "There is a coffee place nearby, shall I take you there?" he asked while turning back towards Leah.

"Sounds good to me," she replied gratefully. Realising he probably needed the chat too.

-----

On walking distance from the hospital they entered a small but bright coffee shop. The place was packed with tables and chairs but because it was a weekday not too many tables were taken. Paul positioned Leah's chair at a window table and sat down opposite her. Within seconds after they had sat down a young girl came up to them, eager to take their order.

"Good morning guys, what can I get you? We have some delicious freshly baked apple pie today," she spoke in a cheery voice while pointing at the glass display behind her.

"Oh I'll just have a coffee," Leah smiled politely at the waitress, hoping that she hadn't offended by turning down the cake.

"Same for me," Paul quickly added. His voice sounded slightly nervous and he seemed in a rush to get more privacy again.

The girl nodded and scribbled something on her little notepad, "Very well, two coffee it is."

Leah looked around the room. "Lovely place. Do you come here often?" she asked, trying to make small talk. She could feel the tension between them. Like neither of them wanted to start of the inevitable conversation.

"My home is nearby, so every once in a while I stop by for lunch," Paul replied somewhat relieved at her question. He fiddled around with one of the beer mats on the table as Leah stared out of the window. She seemed distracted and Paul wondered if he had done something wrong. "Ever been here yourself?" he asked, hoping to get her full attention again.

"That sounds nice," Leah replied absent minded.

Paul raised an eyebrow at the strange answer and followed her stare out the window. He immediately understood while she wasn't focussing. Sitting at one of the tables outside was Joshua, clearly keeping an eye on the two of them. Paul let out an annoyed sigh and stood up. The sound of the wooden chair scraping over the tiles startled Leah and she looked up in shock.

"What are you doing?" she asked while Paul walked up to the counter, leaving Leah at the table. He spoke to the girl that had taken their orders just a moment ago and returned while pocketing his wallet. Had he changed his mind? Leah started to feel lightheaded and felt a panic attack coming on. "Paul, please..." she pleaded, "I really need to..."

"Talk...yes," Paul interrupted, "we both need to clear our minds, but not with him around!"

He pulled the wheelchair away from the table and pushed it towards the door. The waitress handed them two take away cups and smiled politely as they headed out. Paul gave the coffee to Leah, "We´ll go to my place for a bit."

Leah felt a bit dumbstruck but took the coffee and nodded her head without saying a word. The idea of going to Paul's home excited her. Like he was introducing her to parts of his life. Over the months of therapy they had shared some personal information. Small talk about weekend plans gave her an idea of who Paul was outside the hospital. But the main focus would be on her and any progress she was noticing.

When they headed out the table where Joshua had been sitting was empty. He was nowhere to be seen and Leah sighed a relieved sigh. She took a few sips of her coffee and offered Paul his cup. He drank some but as they passed a bin threw the cup still half filled with coffee away.

"Well that's a waste of good coffee," Leah said teasingly before emptying her cup and following suit.

"I'm jittery enough as it is," Paul replied with a chuckle and steered up to one of the houses.

The garden was simple and well kept with cut grass and what looked like a recently painted wooden fence. Leah liked loads of colourful flowers but blamed the lack of those on the fact it was a bachelor's garden.

As they came up to the front door Leah was shocked to see four small steps in front of it. She had been able to stand and walk with some support but climbing stairs or even stepping up on low steps was still a real challenge. Paul spotted her discomfort and smiled a friendly smile at her.

"Don't worry. I'll carry you inside," he said, ready to take a verbal beating for not even letting her try herself.

"Yes please," she replied much to Paul's surprise. Leah didn't seem her usual self today. She wasn't as feisty and stubborn as she would be during the therapy sessions. He liked it when she was strong willed even though it made his work difficult from time to time. It felt like a challenge to break through her walls of distrust and anxiety. Perhaps it was the incident in the waiting room but something had made her slightly apprehensive.

"One second," Paul said as he walked up the steps, unlocked the door and disappeared inside. A few moments later he reappeared, leaving the door wide open. He leaned over and placed his arm around her back as the other lifted her legs from behind her knees. Leah in response wrapped her arms around his neck and let Paul lift her out of the wheelchair just like he had done the day before.

She didn't feel scared of him not being strong enough and hugged close against his chest as he climbed the steps. Once inside Paul pushed his back against the door and closed it with a soft thud.

"What about my chair?" Leah asked a little worried.

Paul chuckled as he headed down the hallway and carried Leah into the sitting room. "Am I allowed to throw you on the sofa first?" he replied slightly wheezy.

"Sorry..." she replied with blushing cheeks, embarrassed at her own impatience.

Making sure he was gentle, Paul placed Leah on the sofa. "Comfy?" he asked before turning around and heading out to take her wheel chair inside.

Leah nodded her head slowly, looking around and taking in the room. The sitting room was tidy and bright. Even though the brown leather couch was big and took up a good bit of space, the place felt roomy. She felt slightly apprehensive and tried her best to come up with something to say before Paul would sit down next to her. No matter how she racked her brain she was still without words as he returned.

Paul took a deep breath and smiled nervously at her, "Look...I'll just say it. I like you Leah, I like you a lot."

She felt her cheeks blush and tried to smile back, flattered by his words. Her hand nervously played with a strand of hair, slowly twisting it around her fingers while she bit her lip.

He waited for a reply but even though she took a few deep breaths, no words came from her lips. Paul decided to lean in closer. His arm touching hers as he repeated what he had just said, "I like you a lot..."

Leah could hear the tension in his voice and swallowed hard as their eyes locked. She gazed into his icy blue eyes and felt hypnotised by his stare. Unable to speak she leaned in closer and raised her hand up to his face. Her heart was beating fast and her breathing became shallow.

Paul bit his lip for a moment, unsure of her thoughts. The soft fingertips on his cheek felt like a fiery touch but at the same time gave him shivers. The silence felt awkward and he wanted to speak up again but got interrupted by her quiet voice.

"Please kiss me," Leah whispered softly.

His eyes widened for a moment. Paul hadn't expected the request. Leah didn't seem hesitant but thinking back to her reaction the day before made him doubtful. "Are...are you sure?" he asked making sure he'd understood her words correctly.

She repeated her words while slowly nodding her head, "Will you please kiss me, Paul?" This time her voice was more than a whisper but still sounded cautious.

Paul kept staring into her eyes, trying to read Leah´s thoughts as he leaned in towards her. His face was close to hers; close enough for her to feel his breath on her lips as he exhaled. He took her hand and placed a soft kiss on the palm without breaking their shared gaze. Paul whispered softly, "Tell me to stop and I will stop."

Leah bit her lip impatiently. That was the last thing on her mind so she shook her head lightly. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath to relax herself and pursed her lips. Waiting for Paul to make the next move she felt her pulse racing. She had told him off the day before and had given him a hard time from the very first day he had to work with her. A little voice in the back of her mind told her she had spoiled her chances. He was simply doing this to make her feel better. Just as she was about to open her eyes she felt his lips.

Paul's warm soft lips pushed up against hers. A gentle kiss at first, similar to the kiss in the pool. This time neither of them pulled away and Paul took this as a signal to deepen the kiss. His lips pushed more firmly and Leah felt a warm sensation rush through her body. Paul's hand surprised her as he tenderly lay it on her neck, causing Leah to gasp against his puckered lips. He immediately drew back, leaving his hand in place and looked at her in shock, "Too much?"

"Not enough," Leah replied with blushing red cheeks, a coy smile on her face.

"You could get me fired over this," Paul replied teasingly, his eyes darting from Leah's lips and back to her eyes.

"That would give you more time for me," Leah teased back, "it's never good to take work home."

"I'd like to see you as more than work," he replied and stopped Leah from speaking again by pushing his lips to hers. Their eyes closed as the kiss deepened. Paul parted his lips and started sucking her upper lip. Gently nibbling and sucking as his fingertips started running through Leah's long fiery locks.

Leah leaned her head back as her tongue pushed forward in search for his. A soft moan escaped Paul's lips as tongues touched and started a slow dance for dominance. The kiss grew more passionate and their bodies moved closer. Paul's hands started roaming over her body, leaving goose bumps all over her skin.

Paul gently pulled her hair, exposing more skin and started licking and kissing his way down her neck. His lips felt amazing and Leah couldn't help but moan his name in pleasure as she leaned her head back with closed eyes. Paul's wandering hand found her breast and squeezed it tenderly. He leaned back to look at her face as his hand slid under her shirt and pushed up under her lacy bra. He wanted to see her reaction as his fingers squeezed and rubbed her stiff nipple. All her expression showed was lust and desire for more and she wasn't the only one. Paul felt the growing erection throbbing in his pants.

Leah grabbed his wrist and dragged Paul's hand down from her breast to in between her legs. He felt the heath coming from her core and fought the urge to grope and fondle. He wanted nothing more than to rip her clothes off and take her there and then but knew he shouldn't rush. Out of nowhere he pulled away from Leah causing her to gasp in shock.

"Did I do something wrong?" Leah asked in panic, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"No!" Paul quickly replied and took one of her hands to try and calm her down again. "I think we both want the same thing, but let's not go too fast. One step at the time, ok?"

Leah bit her lip and looked down; avoiding his eyes as she slowly nodded her head. She sighed deeply, clearly somewhat disappointed, "You are right, Paul. It's just...it's just," she stuttered, "it has been so long since anyone made me feel like this..."

Paul carefully pushed her chin up so she would look at him, "I understand Leah. Your legs are getting better, but that's not the only part of you that needs healing." With a reassuring smile on his face he leaned in and planted a soft long kiss on Leah's lips, "We'll take things slow and you set the pace."

"Thank you," she replied gratefully and cuddled up against his chest. Leah just wanted to feel close to Paul. To have his comforting arms around her and snuggle in his warm embrace.

They sat like that for a while. Hugging, kissing and simply being close together. Paul ran his fingers through her hair as Leah rested her head on his shoulder. He felt her body slowly relaxing and realised she was drifting off. He enjoyed the sound of her calm breathing and just listened for a moment before waking her again.

"Hey sleepy head." Paul whispered, while gently shaking her arm, "let's get you home so you can rest."

-----

At Leah's request Paul had dropped her off at the end of the street. She didn't want to risk the chance of Mum seeing them together, not yet. They had kissed goodbye and Leah had a cheesy grin on her face as she pushed herself up to the house. As she opened up her bag she heard a familiar voice behind her making her roll her eyes.

12