Remote Healing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amanda watched him weave his way toward the truck in the dark and said, "And don't you even think about driving, Charles Fielding. I've only had the one glass of wine and I'm going to drive us home."

"All right, woman, have it your way. You're driving."

Amanda turned to the couple sitting beside each other. Adam had his arm around Janice. She said, "Even after thirty years he still gets like this when he talks about Charlene. I know he loves me to death but she is still in his heart. You need to understand that Janice. He doesn't love you any less but Jill will always be with you. You just have to give him time to let her go. From what I've seen here tonight he's almost there, honey."

Amanda turned and followed Charlie to the truck. Adam and Janice watched the lights bounce across his field and disappear. He pulled her closer to him and kissed her head. Janice relaxed into his embrace.

After Adam and Janice made separate trips into the woods they crawled into their sleeping bags. They were laid next to each other but they still slept in their individual bags. Just before falling to sleep Janice said, "Good night, Honey."

"Night," Adam said. Without thinking he reached out and laid his hand on Janice's hip. They both drifted off to sleep, Janice with a smile on her face. Just before she dropped off she placed her hand on Adam's.

Janice and Adam stayed at the campsite one more week before they returned to town and his business. When the employees returned to work the Monday they returned the whole atmosphere of the business had changed. Adam still had bouts of sorrow, perhaps even depression, but he continued to improve. His employees were happy once again and it showed in their work. Adam once again toured the job sites and visited with his employees and customers. He became more upbeat each day until the old Adam was present most of the time.

Janice was once again at her desk in the outer office helping her mother. She was once again watching Adam with her heart on her sleeve. Wednesday of the second week they were back, things changed. At lunch time Adam walked past Amy's desk and up to Janice's. He looked down at Janice and held his hand out to her. He said, "How about some lunch, Jan?"

The sun came out inside. Janice got a big smile on her face and jumped up. She grabbed her purse in one hand and took Adam's extended hand with the other. They walked from the building hand in hand, ostensibly to lunch but actually into the future with each other.

Amy watched her boss and daughter until they were out of sight. Her smile was almost as large as Janice's. Two of her three favorite people were happy and together. The world was healing and all because of a remote spot alongside a river (and perhaps because of some medicine a caring veterinarian poured from his secret stash in his truck).