Replacement Ch. 01

Story Info
Merle arrives at her new home.
2k words
4.42
15.7k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ferawyn
Ferawyn
2 Followers

Merle shivered a moment, feeling the tension build up inside her. She looked down at the pretty but uncomfortable dress she was wearing, wondering if she really looked as beautiful as that strange servant said she looked. Tera opened the door in front of her and stood beside it. "After you, Mistress."

Merle nodded and gave her a weak smile. She stepped through the door and looked around the dining room. The walls were panelled with wood and a few paintings hung between the thickly curtained windows. Four candelabra's were standing proudly on the table, casting a soft light on it and the room, aided by more candles along the walls and a large fireplace across the room. The table, which was large enough to seat ten people, seemed to be set for two with ample food and wine. The warmth of the fireplace and smell of roasted meat eased her somewhat as she entered the room.

Tera followed Merle into the room and walked to the side of the table, kneeling down before the man seated at the other end. "Good evening, Master."

"Manners, Tera. Help her to her seat." His voice was warm and strong, sounding clearly across the room even though not directed at Merle.

Merle managed a haphazard curtsey as she fixed her eyes on him. "Good evening, my Lord Fronsac. It is an honour to finally meet you." She sat down in the chair held for her by Tera, who rushed to hold it. Looking eagerly to see the man across the table her heart skipped a beat. Broad shoulders, covered by a soft looking short, a lean but handsome face, and those eyes, so intent and watchful, almost as if he was... She blushed a little and looked down at the plate in front of her.

"Good evening, Merelyn, and welcome to my table and my house. I trust you've been treated well?"

"Yes, sir. Tera has been very helpful. She picked out this dress for me to wear... I hope it meets with your approval." Merle carefully looked up again, unsure of what she was permitted to say to such a man.

A glimmer of a smile flashed across Fronsac's face. "A pretty dress, for a pretty girl. I'm glad Tera behaved herself. She was very upset to learn you would be replacing her."

Merle blinked and looked at Tera, who had gone back to kneeling beside the table, and was now staring rigidly at the floor. "I do not quite understand, sir. Replacing her? I thought I would be one of your servants, my Lord." She looked around the room nervously again. "This is all very strange to me, sir."

The man definitely smiled now, though Merle did not find it a very comforting one. "You should know that I am not married. Instead I take pleasure from my servants. A very special servant, in fact. Until today, Tera performed those duties. Now you have arrived to replace her, just as Tera replaced her predecessor." He slowly sipped his wine, studying her reaction.

Merle felt a cold sensation run up her spine and the blood drain from her face. "Pleasure, my Lord? Do you mean..." She swallowed, but her throat was dry and she reached out with a trembling hand to her own glass of wine, taking a small sip from it.

"Sex, yes. Did your mother instruct you?"

Merle shivered and put her glass back down on the table, staring at it so as not to stare at Fronsac. "Only that... That I am now your property and that I should behave myself and... do as I am told."

"Off course. But I meant, did your mother instruct you about men and women and sex?"

Merle blushed and kept staring at her glass, answering softly after a short silence. "Yes, my Lord."

"Good. You still have a lot to learn, off course, but we will teach you. Tera's there to help you and answer any questions you may have."

Merle worked this through in her mind for a bit, taking sips of her wine, feeling his eyes on her. His voice is warm and gentle, but what he said... "How..." Merle hesitated and looked at Tera for a moment, thinking how Tera would have been sitting in this chair before she arrived. That would certainly explain some of the weird behaviour. Then she quickly looked down again at her still empty plate.

"What happened to... To the woman who was... in Tera's place before I arrived?" She glanced up again at Tera who still seemed to be staring at the floor in front of her, or... Are those tears?

"Sarah is now a regular member of my household staff and she will soon take over the running of the kitchen. She always was fond of food. You need not fear your fate here. I treat all my servants well, as long as they are loyal and obedient. I do have some special requirements for you, obviously, and I won't say you will enjoy all of them. But as long as you do your best to please me you will be comfortable and cared for, for the rest of your life. Now, if you're still hungry, the food is getting cold."

Merle swallowed hard again, pondering his words and looking at him now across the table. "I am afraid I do not have much of an appetite right now, sir."

He grinned a bit. "I understand. Tera felt much the same way when she was first brought to me. When you feel hungry later, don't hesitate to tell her to bring you some food." Fronsac began to eat slowly, still watching Merle more then his food.

"Yes, my Lord, thank you." Merle looked down at Tera again. "Is she not hungry?"

"Tera is no longer my consort. You are now. Therefore, Tera is no longer allowed to join my table or my bed without an explicit invitation. As a servant, she should find the time to eat and sleep when she is not needed by you. But if you wish, you can feed her now." He smiled and bit down on a piece of fruit.

Merle nodded and looked at Tera, who seemed to have remained totally oblivious to the conversation so far. "Umm... Are you hungry, Tera?"

Tera slowly looked up at Merle, blinking a few times, but keeping her face neutral. Then she nodded. "A little, Mistress."

Merle smiled and pulled the next chair beside her a bit closer. "Then come sit here beside me. You can use my plate."

Tera hesitated a moment, looking at Fronsac who gave her a short nod, before standing up and sitting on the chair. "Thank you, Mistress." She reached out over the table for some bread and meat, which she started to eat with impeccable table manners, occasionally glancing at Fronsac or at Merle beside her.

Merle looked on a bit curiously with her wineglass held carefully with both hands. She watched Tera's hands move so delicately, selecting, preparing and eating her food, never dropping so much as a crumb on the table, then a thought occured to her. "Will I accompany you in public, and to dinners and such, my Lord?"

Fronsac hesitated a moment, then glanced at Tera and back at Merle, smiling. "Yes, very perceptive. It will be some time before she has taught you proper table manners and etiquette, but you will indeed serve as a Lady by my side. Don't let that get to your head, though. You will still be a servant, and should be ready to serve as well as be served. In any way I demand."

Merle looked down at the table thoughtfully and answered softly. "I understand, sir." After a few moments of silence, she looked up at him, trying to put up a brave smile. "I suppose I am very lucky. Not many girls get this kind of... of... opportunity to become more than a farmer's wife, even if it is only for show and for a short time..." Her words tapered off a bit, as she became nervous she'd said too much.

He smiled a bit. "Like I said, don't let it get to your head. You are no Lady yet. You aren't even a woman yet." He took a sip of wine, then put his glass and fork down on the table and leaned back in his chair. "Since you aren't eating, why don't you come over here so I can have a closer look at you?"

Merle blushed and looked down, her mind racing for a moment across the possibilities and dangers ahead of her, coming to rest on the simple truth of her situation. I am his. She nodded resolutely "Yes, sir." and stood up, not noticing that Tera has stopped eating and is looking at her silently with a blank face. Merle walked around the table, approaching the man and stopped a few feet in front of him, holding her arms against her sides and looking at him levelly. After waiting for a few seconds she raised her arms and slowly turned a full circle, lowering her arms again when facing him.

He smiled and pushed back his chair, patting his right knee. "Sit down here."

Merle obeyed, sitting down gently on his knee, putting her left arm around his neck and holding the other on her lap. He nodded and slowly moved his right hand up along her back towards her neck, where he gently brushed his fingers through her hair. She couldn't suppress another shiver, but then she smiled at him.

Slowly, he pushed her head forwards towards him, then as she closed her eyes, he kissed her on the lips. Those eyes flickered open again as she felt him push his tongue between her lips. After a moment's hesitation, she opened her mouth and allowed his tongue to enter, closing her eyes again. Merle lifted up her right arm and put it around his neck as well, pulling herself closer to him. She felt him caressing her neck and hair, and her right side under her arm with his other hand while she continued to kiss him.

Merle's eyes flickered open again. Yes...I am kissinghim now... She pulled her head back and took a deep breath, looking straight into his eyes. He smiled and moved his head forward, giving her another kiss, but this time on her throat, moving up to her ear. She turned her head to give him better access, and looked straight into the tear-streaked face of Tera.

The raw anguish she saw made her jump and she pulled back from Lord Fronsac, facing him again. "I'm sorry, sir. I believe I'm hurting Tera's feelings."

He blinked a few times and then looked at Tera, still sitting on the other side of the table. Although she was now staring at her plate, the tears could still be clearly seen running down both her cheeks. "Tera! You are upsetting your Mistress. Apologize and then go stand outside the door."

Tera rubbed her hand across her face, and quickly stood up, looking at Merle for a moment, before bowing her head. "Please forgive me, Mistress. I apologize for upsetting you." Then she turned around and walked towards the door.

Merle looked on as Tera left the room, not sure of what to do or say, so she remained silent until the door closed behind Tera. "It... It is not her fault. I think..."

Fronsac nodded and gently caressed her hair. "Don't worry about Tera. The sooner she gets used to her new position the better. And the same goes for you."

Merle breathed deeply for a moment and nodded. "Yes, my Lord." Then she leaned forward and started to kiss him again, following the path he took with her before, kissing his chin, along his jaw line, towards his ear, then down his neck towards his shoulder. She wondered at the strange sensation of kissing a man's skin, the roughness of his face, like sandpaper, and then the smoothness of his neck, and that strange smell that seemed to go right down into her stomach and even further down...

Ferawyn
Ferawyn
2 Followers