Rescue Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,802 Followers

"Girl! I have the perfect idea!" Claudia told her with a whole lot of enthusiasm.

Now it was Stephanie giving Claudia 'the look'.

"Don't do me like that, girl!" Claudia said in response to the look. "This plan is foolproof!"

"Uh-huh. Just like your great idea to call him, right?"

"Okay. Maybe that wasn't perfect, but we got your foot in the door, right? And after this next part of the plan, he'll be begging you to come all the way inside!"

"I have no idea what that even means, Claudia," Stephanie told her.

"Oh, yes you do," she said with a smile. "Come on. Sit down and I'll tell what you need to do."

After talking for just a couple of minutes, Claudia said, "So, you know his boss. This Joe guy, right?"

"Well, kind of. We've met once before, and we've talked on the phone during 911 calls for years, but we don't really know each other."

"That's good enough!" Claudia told her before revealing the rest of her plan.

"I don't know, Claudia," Stephanie said once she knew the details.

"Girl? If this doesn't work, he ain't never gonna go out with you. But if you really want a shot at a date with that fine young man, you're gonna have to make an impression on him. And trust me, God gave you plenty to do just that with."

"If I get turned down a second time, I'll just die," Stephanie said.

"No. You won't die. You'll walk out with your head held high and your pride in tact knowing he's the one that missed out. That's what would happen. But unlike calling him out of the blue, this is gonna work."

"Okay. I'll think about it."

"Tomorrow's your day off. Just talk to Joe and then let me know if you need me to come sit with your momma, okay?"

"Again, you're a godsend, Claudia."

"I'm more like...an angel, but...okay. That works!" she said causing Stephanie to laugh before the two women hugged each other.

Around 9am the next morning, Stephanie worked her nerve back up to call the station and ask for Joe.

"Stephanie? As in '911-Stephanie'?" he said in a cheerful voice.

"Yes. That would be me," she replied.

"This is a pleasant surprise. What could I do for you?"

"Well, I have a kind of favor to ask."

"Ask away," he told her.

She explained how she'd been talking with Shaun during a couple of 911 events and that she needed to speak with him. More specifically, she was wondering if he was at work and might be available around lunchtime that day.

"Yeah. He's here. And unless we get called out, he'll be free from noon until one. But he can't leave the station, of course. He's cooking today, and the guys get pretty upset if the food isn't ready."

"No. Of course not," Stephanie said, fully understanding they couldn't just take off as emergencies didn't take time off for meals or anything else.

"But feel free to come on down to the station. It'll be nice seeing you again."

The one and only time Joe had met her was a couple of years back when all of the emergency workers-first responders got together for a citywide charity event, and he remembered her as being a very attractive woman. He thought he might even test the waters and see if she would interested in getting together sometime when she came to the station.

"I'll do that. I'll see you around noon then. Oh, and please don't let Shaun know I'm coming, okay?"

"Sounds rather clandestine," Joe told her playfully.

"No. Not at all. But it is a...a kind of...surprise, I suppose."

"I'm pretty sure it's not his birthday, but...okay. We'll see you then."

When she hung up, she was both excited and nervous as she called Claudia.

"I'll be there," her mom's caregiver said. "Remember. Save some gas for the big date."

Stephanie smiled and thanked her as she went to get ready.

'Saving some gas' meant not wearing something drop-dead sexy. That was what she'd wear if he said 'yes' this time on their first actual date. Today she would wear something nice along with having her hair and makeup looking great.

By 11, Stephanie was ready and took a final look in the mirror. Her hair was very nicely styled, framing her pretty face in a way that made her look great and feel very confident. The makeup also helped, and although she wasn't wearing a ton of it, it did make her complexion look soft and smooth, and her eyes pop. It especially helped by covering up her very-light freckles and the fine lines around her eyes.

Although the temptation to wear 'the little black dress' today was strong, she took her new friend's advice and wore something dressy but not over the top.

Stephanie had a respectably-short brown leather skirt that went perfectly with a yellow cashmere sweater that wasn't a bright yellow but a richer shade that looked very classy. She also had a pair of brown pumps with three-inch heels that were sexy but not over the top. A necklace seemed a bit too much, but a pair of gold earrings would help her find the 'Goldilocks' look she was hoping for that would be just right.

When Claudia arrived at 11:30, her reaction told Stephanie everything she needed to know.

"Oh, my Lord! Girl? Look at you! My, my, my. There ain't no way any man in his right mind would say 'no' to that!"

"You think?" Stephanie asked hopefully.

"Uh-uh. I know," Claudia told her. "If I had a figure like yours, I'd be married to Denzel instead of my husband who looks like a male version of me."

Stephanie knew Claudia loved her husband and was only teasing about that part. And she hoped she was telling her the truth about how nice she looked.

"You don't think it's too much?" she asked Claudia. "Or...too little?"

"Girl, with that body you got, that is perfect. In fact, I'd say you nailed it. Now go get him!"

As Stephanie left, Claudia was amazed at the difference. She knew Stephanie was a beautiful woman under all that 'plain', but seeing her dressed so nicely and looking so good, confirmed what she'd suspected. Stephanie was 'all that and a bag of chips.'

She pulled into the station at 11:55 and found a visitor's parking spot Joe told her she could use for an hour if she needed that much time. Stephanie pulled into it, shut off her car, and took a final quick look in the mirror. Her lips were still shiny and glossy, and there was nothing to touch up.

"There's no fool like an old fool," she told herself as she got out and headed for the station door.

She stopped when she got to it, took a deep breath, then reached for the handle when it opened from the inside. Someone she didn't know who worked there stepped out and when he saw her stopped dead in his tracks.

"Well, hello there," the man of about 35 said. "May I help you with something?"

The smile on his face said he was very taken with her appearance, and Stephanie's confidence soared.

"No, thank you. I know exactly what I want," she said very pleasantly with a smile of her own.

"Okay. My loss," the man told her, still smiling. He held the door open for her and as she walked by she thanked him.

Stephanie had never been to the station before, so she was a little surprised when she walked in and saw a very large, open area where maybe a half-dozen men and two women in uniform were sitting. A couple of them were reading, two were playing cards, and two others were talking while the TV ran unwatched in the background.

One of the men glanced up, and when he saw her, did a double take. He got up, walked toward her, smiled, then asked, "Hi there. Please tell me I can help you with something. Can I?"

One of the women overhead him and said to her, "Pay him no mind. No one else around here does."

The man shrugged his shoulders and said, "What can I say? She's right. But still...may I help you?"

"Actually, I'm looking for someone," she said, just as Joe walked in from the bay where the vehicles were parked.

"Stephanie!" he called out.

"Joe. Hi!" she called back as he walked toward her.

When he got there he told the guy no one pays attention to, "Thanks, buddy. I've got this."

The other man walked away and Joe, who was still smiling said, "Wow! You look...wow!"

Feeling even better about herself, Stephanie thanked him and said, "You're looking good yourself, Joe."

"Nah. Same old me. But you? Did I say 'wow'?"

"You did, but thank you."

Joe got a bit more serious then said, "I didn't spill the beans."

He spoke more quietly then said, "Shaun is in the cafeteria. It's his turn to cook today, but you're welcome to go on in. Would you like me to walk with you?"

"Um...yes. That would be very nice. Thank you, Joe," she told him sincerely.

He opened the first door then let her know they'd go right, then opened another a few feet down the hall.

"And...we're here," he said as he waited for her to go ahead of him.

As she walked in, she saw three other men, one woman, and all the way in the back in what was obviously a kitchen was Shaun. The first man who saw her also did a double take which caused the other two to turn and look.

"Holy...." the first man said loudly enough to be heard.

"Settle down," Joe said to him as they walked in.

Shaun had his back to them and still hadn't turned around. Stephanie could tell he was doing something to prepare the meal and had no idea she was there.

"Folks? This is one of our 911 operators, Stephanie Petri."

That got Shaun's attention and caused him to look over his shoulder. Stephanie hadn't taken her eyes of him since she walked in, and his reaction made her smile.

Shaun dropped whatever he was holding and there was a loud 'clanging' noise as the metal object hit the metal table and then the floor. His quick glance became a stare as he turned around and saw her for the first time.

She smiled brightly, dipped her shoulder and did a little wave thing.

"Shaun?" she said as though she wasn't sure.

"Damn!" he said, still staring at her.

"Is that the best you can do, Rookie?" Joe said. "Come over and say hello. This beautiful young woman is here to see you. Why, I have no idea, but she is, and that's good enough for me."

Shaun reached for a towel and wiped his hands as he walked her way.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude," he said referring to his 'damn' comment a moment ago.

He held out his hand and as Stephanie shook it, her heart was racing like crazy as she said, "No. That's fine. It was...really fine."

Immediately, she felt foolish again for acting like a schoolgirl, but he was even more handsome in person. He was downright gorgeous, and he was smiling at her in a way that caused her entire body to react.

"You're uh, you're not at all what I was expecting," he said as the handshake lingered.

"So you were expecting me?" she asked.

"I didn't say a word," Joe said, holding up his hands.

"Well, no," Shaun told her as they both didn't hear a word Joe said.

The handshake ended and Shaun said, "I meant you're not what I imagined. At all."

"Is that a compliment?" she asked with a warm smile.

"Um...yes. Very much so."

"Then thank you."

"Do you um, do you want to come in? There's plenty for you, too, if you want to stay."

"Shaun?" Joe said, calling him by his first name, possibly for the first time.

"What?" Shaun said as he realized his boss was speaking to him.

"Listen. Why don't you and Stephanie go sit down and I'll take care of the food."

"No. I can't ask you to do that."

"You're not. I'm offering."

Not sure if Joe was serious, Shaun looked at him and heard his boss whisper, "She's a beautiful lady. Don't blow this."

Shaun was even more surprised when Joe winked at him and nodded toward an empty table.

"Okay. And...thanks, boss."

"No problem," the older man said.

He looked at Stephanie and said, "I hope you like spaghetti."

"I do," she said with a smile.

"Great. I'll bring some your way here shortly."

Shaun gestured toward the empty table, and Stephanie headed in that direction.

He waited for her to sit down then took the bench seat across from her and said, "I had no idea you were coming."

"Well, you said we should meet first. You know, before we, um...."

"Oh, right. Yeah, I did say that, huh?" he said flashing a boyish smile at her.

"So...a friend of mine convinced me to take the first step and meet you so, you know, in case you maybe did want to do something sometime, we could...."

"I'd like that," Shaun said surprising both Stephanie and himself.

As he sat there looking at her, he couldn't believe this was the 'older woman', the 911 operator he pictured being shorter, older, and heavier with very short hair and wearing something...dumpy. Stephanie was the opposite of that in every way.

Her hair was...what? Angelic maybe? It was so soft and silky and thick and full. And she was really, really...what? Pretty? No, not pretty. Beautiful was better but still not right.

For now, Shaun gave up trying to find the right words and told her, "I'm really glad you came. You look amazing, by the way."

"Thank you. I wasn't sure what to wear to a 'first meeting' and I was worried about being too formal or too informal."

"No. It's perfect. You look great, Stephanie. Really great."

"And you look very...dashing...in your uniform," she told him as she admired how well he filled it out from his thick traps to his wide chest to his narrow waist. Oh, and that face. And that dimple in the chin on that face!

"I really never thought we'd be more than phone buddies," he said after a couple of moments of silence.

Stephanie laughed nervously and said, "I know. I guess after I called you the last time, I thought we might not even talk on the phone again. You know, like...old people do."

"Oh, wow. You're never gonna let me live that down, are you?" Shaun said as he sat back in his seat.

"No. It's true. You were right. I do prefer calling to texting, but I know people who are your...I mean, people who are...."

"Younger than you?" he said, that smile back on his handsome face.

"Well, yes. I suppose so," she told him. "But what's a few years, right?"

Shaun knew that in spite of the smile that accompanied her words, it was a lot more than a 'few' years. But after meeting this mysterious woman with the sexy voice, he didn't care. In fact, he found himself somehow...taken...by her beauty and her charm. He already loved her voice and enjoyed talking with her. But after seeing her and learning her voice wasn't the only sexy thing about her, he had this feeling that his life had somehow changed. He wasn't sure how, but he knew it had.

As promised, Joe brought their food a few minutes later. Both of them thanked him then spent the rest of their time talking and getting acquainted. It wasn't deep or heavy. It was just chit-chat, and chit-chat was something Shaun made it a point never to do. Or at least he never had before. But now, he was more than content to just make small talk with this older, very sexy woman sitting right in front of him.

As one o'clock approached, Shaun said, "I really need to get going. Since I didn't cook, I'm gonna at least have to clear tables and wash dishes to try and make up for it."

"Oh. I hope you're not in trouble because of me," Stephanie said with real concern.

Shaun smiled and said, "No. Not at all."

He waited for a second, smiled even more broadly then told her, "And even if I was it'd be worth it."

That was quite possibly the nicest thing any man—young or old—had said to her in several years, and it meant a lot to her.

She smiled back then just before she could remind Shaun they'd now formally met, he said, "So now that we've actually met, would you maybe like to try doing something a little more meaningful than eating spaghetti at the station?"

Stephanie laughed much too hard for the comment, but she felt so happy she didn't care.

"You know what? That sounds really nice, Shaun. Yes, I'd like that."

"Yeah. Me, too," he said, that boyish smile causing her to almost swoon.

'Swoon' was a goofy word, and yet it fit perfectly as that's exactly how she felt.

"Can I walk you out?" he asked.

"I'd like that, too," she told him, a smile now glued to her face.

The other men were trying not to stare as she placed her arm in his after he extended his elbow, but they were most definitely staring.

She saw Joe as she was leaving and thanked him again.

"My pleasure," he said, as he glanced down at their arms that were hooked together.

"I'll be right back, boss," Shaun told his captain.

"Take your time," Joe called back, an understanding look on his face.

In his early fifties, he knew she was out of his league, and yet he couldn't help but wonder how any two people, with that much of an age difference, could possibly be interested in each other 'like that'. He shook his head as they walked out arm in arm and chalked it up to one of life's little mysteries.

When they got to her car, Stephanie went to thank him for his time when he asked, "So how is it a beautiful woman like you is single?"

"Oh. Well, um...I really wanted children and my husband didn't. When I kept pressuring him to have a baby, when I really put my foot down, he stepped on it. He left, and I've been alone ever since."

"Ouch," Shaun said with a wince.

Again, she went to say something when he blew her away by asking her very directly, "So who do you have sex with?"

"What? Oh, my God! I can't believe you just asked me that!" she said feeling flustered, befuddled, and several other things she couldn't pinpoint.

"Why not? You like sex, right? So if you're single, who do you have sex with?"

Stephanie knew she hadn't dated in well over fifteen years, but she was pretty sure people still didn't ask one another such things. And yet, he was so...delicious looking...she found herself trying to answer.

"Well. Um, honestly? No one, really. My mom got sick around the time he left, and now she lives with me, so I um, I...really don't date much."

"You don't date at all, do you?" he asked directly but with that killer smile of his.

"Okay. No. I don't date at all," she admitted almost sheepishly.

"So has it been two years since you had sex?"

"No, it hasn't been two years," she said defensively.

Shaun tilted his head and gave her a 'that's BS' look.

Very quietly, Stephanie said, "It's been closer to three."

"That's...that's insane!" Shaun blurted out. "How do you stand it? Do you even have sex with yourself?"

Now completely off her game, Stephanie wasn't sure how to even respond. She couldn't even look at him.

Finally she said, "That doesn't count. I'm more of a touchy, feely kind of girl."

"Okay. So you do like sex. You're just not having any," he said as though he was pronouncing some kind of judgment.

"Well...okay. Yes, I guess that's true," she said, still without looking at him.

"We can change that," he told her just as directly.

"I...I um...I really need to get home," she said trying not to stammer.

"Look. I'm just kidding, Stephanie. I really like you. And I'd very much like to take you somewhere nice."

She didn't answer so he said, "I'll call you, okay? You know, since you're old and all."

"Oh. Okay," she said ignoring his words and his playful smile.

Shaun reached out and gently touched her chin and raised it up and waited for her to look at him.

"You're really beautiful."

Her heart had raced, slowed, then raced again. Now it was beating out of her chest as she tried to make sense of this first meeting, his direct questions, and the way his smile made her feel.

"You mean 'for a woman my age', right?" she said as she forced herself to look at him. In her heels, she was almost the same height.

"I don't know. I've never dated anyone your age before," he said just as directly. He was direct but not mean. He was straightforward but not mean. He was just very, very confident, and Stephanie could see why.

"I'm...38," she told him.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,802 Followers