Retribution

Story Info
Part 2 of the assassin Tsyr Ker's tale.
5.9k words
7.1k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This is the second part of the trilogy. The first part I cannot place on the site because of the content involving the age of the character. The first part can be found on my personal site however. Also reading this trilogy will spoil the character a little if you have not read at least the first three CATU novels.

Makings of an Assassin: Retribution

The time had finally come for Talilith to fulfill her promise and allow me my retribution against the demon responsible for my parent's death. After spending nearly a year doing small tasks for her, I felt it was time for her to fulfill her end of the bargain. She told me it wouldn't be easy to get in, get close or even kill him, but it didn't matter. When I began a mission I completed it, no matter what.

"You will have to go to New York," Talilith instructed me. "There you will need to find Delfonis or as he goes by the human name Tony DeMarco. He's Cephalon's number one for the Sanguine Consortium."

My task was going to take me to the other side of the world. I had hoped Cephalon was here in Sydney, but as my luck would have it he wasn't. I had asked Talilith once why she has chosen Australia as a place to reside. Her answer was simple: It's a good place to go unnoticed.

"And how do I accomplish this?" I asked.

"Go to the Borgo Antico Italian Restaurant. Ironically Cephalon enjoys the whole Mafia idea and treats his organization as one," she explained. "Just go there and ask for Tony. Tell him I spoke of him and since my operation fell you are seeking greater employment."

"It's going to be that easy?" I asked knowing nothing in the world is easy and everything comes with a price. I had to sell my soul to a demon just so I could get my revenge. At the time it wasn't such a bad idea.

"Of course it won't," she replied with a grin. "He will have you do some kind of job or task, but I'm sure you won't have any trouble completing it."

"No of course not," I said assuredly. There really wasn't a job I couldn't do. Even if there was one I would do what I had to in order to get my vengeance.

"Excellent," she said with a coy smile. "If you survive, I have a few tasks for you."

Of course you do, I thought to say. It wasn't that I minded doing her tasks; it gave me purpose after all. "You think I won't survive?" I asked instead.

"I would hope not, but there really is no telling. Humans after all are so very frail."

"And you would miss me," I stated knowing my words were false.

"I would miss your skills," she answered. As an afterthought she said, "And maybe your company."

Talilith Maykov was once human. Humans needed company, a presence, the need to not be alone. I felt certain it was the part of her that was once human that craved this. I didn't dare address this. I was not yet able to defeat her, though I knew in the future I would be.

"Then I will guarantee my survival," I said meaning it. Once I gave my word, I followed through. I had a feeling I would eventually regret my agreement I had made with her, but there were always ways to break an agreement without losing honor.

——

The flight the New York was long but it gave me time to prepare. Unfortunately, I was unable to take any weapons and because Talilith insisted on not helping me, I was unable to have any sent ahead or secured for me upon my arrival.

No matter. I had my connections which had only increased since my time with the Djinn. I figured by the time I was broke from her I would have a complete network in place to use at my disposal.

I arrived at the airport just after the sun set which was the perfect time for me. Night was when all the crooks and criminals came out. I felt more comfortable then too when it came to acquiring the weaponry I needed.

I packed light. I wore my specially designed prototype suit that the Black List created for me — it would be imperative to have later. On top of it I wore casual business clothes. My goal was to look professional and at the same time show I was ready for any circumstance and my clothing would not disrupt my movement and keep me from standing out.

I didn't carry anything else. I didn't need to. If I needed a change of clothing or as my first priority demanded, weapons, I had banks accounts to cover my costs. What I didn't have in money, which is considerable, I could draw from the account Talilith set up for my various missions she sent me on.

I hailed a cab from the airport. Customs was a little hectic, but once I was cleared the process of getting out of the airport was a matter of how fast I could walk. The cab took me to Brooklyn Heights where a contact I had by the name of Ricky Kopell.

Ricky was a small arms dealer who did most of his business in the Water Front District. I had the cab driver drop me off at Whitman Park. I paid him and he drove off. I circled the park a couple of times just to ensure I didn't have any tails.

I normally didn't have to worry about tails since I always worked on my own. Very rarely, like now, I would have to visit a contact. Otherwise no one ever knew if I was coming or going. If someone was an enemy of mine, they would constantly be looking over their shoulder. Most of the time, I waited until they felt safe and lowered their guard. For those other times, I enjoyed the fight the extra challenge brought me.

My concern tonight was Talilith. Because she was a vindictive bitch, I wouldn't put it past her to make my mission just a little harder. I knew she disliked me breaking away to seek my vengeance when she had so much planned for me, but really she had no other choice.

If she refused me this, then I could easily break our agreement and she would be left without me in her pocket. She could manage without me of course, but why do something hard when there is an easy way available.

Once I was satisfied the Djinn didn't fuck me yet, I headed for the water front. Traversing the few city blocks was easy and gave me time to stretch out from the long flight. Thanks to the Black List I was able to see more than I had since I was blinded at eight years old.

I learned to move and act without eyes, but the ability to see combined with my skills only made me that much more dangerous. Being dangerous and at the top of the game made me wanted more than any other assassin out there. And there wasn't a job too big or too small that I wouldn't take on—another edge I had.

I found Ricky's storefront at the same place it always was. He owned several warehouses along the water front and primarily used them as storage units—a great cover that seemed to fare well for him. One unit, however, was his office and underground his temporary weapons storage.

I did have to give the little weasel credit. He was smart enough to only house the weapons for a brief time and that was usually the day of the pickup. I don't know how he arranged for it to work the way it did, but it worked. The police were constantly performing raids on his warehouses and never once could they find any evidence to use against him. He never left the police's radar though.

There was only two ways to get inside his office. The first being the most obvious to anybody: the average citizen, criminal or police officer—the front door.

I doubted he wanted to see me after our last encounter when I told him I would cut off his balls before smashing his nose. So I thought it would be best to use the second way in.

Like so many criminals or rather the smart ones, he had a secret exit/entrance. Of course like any criminal, he thought he was the only one that knew of it and where it was. Thinking never got anyone anywhere, in my opinion.

I trotted a quarter mile down from his warehouse containing his office. Hidden in the shadows was a manhole. A manhole that would not appear on any of New York's lists or drawings. A manhole that only Ricky knew about. And of course the designer and builders — if they were still alive to tell about it.

I have never met any person that knew how to keep their mouth shut, no matter how much money you threw at them. That was another good mark for Ricky. He was smart not to worry himself with constant payments or blackmail.

I pulled the cover off and dropped in, replacing it behind me. Normally, if someone entered this special tunnel, alarms would blare in his office warning him of an intruder. Another perk to the suit I wore.

The suit regulated my temperature and cloaked it like it did my aura that told demons I had Second Sense. Since Ricky's tunnel monitored for human body heat, a normal person would set off the alarm. Motion detectors were useless because of the millions of roaches and sewer rats in the city. And cameras never lasted long with the moisture.

I slide down the tunnel quietly, traveling the quarter mile back toward his office. The tunnel ended with a stairs leading up to a door that on the other side acted as the floor. I slowly crept up the stairs and listened for sound of activity.

I could hear talking. Focusing I waited and determined it was Ricky's voice and only his. He had to be on the phone. I flipped a mental coin in my head and decided to interrupt his phone time rather than wait.

With a hard shove I slammed my shoulder into the wood. One shove was all I need and I burst through the floor like some crazed monster in a horror movie.

"What the fuck!" Ricky yelled dropping the phone and reaching for his gun.

I grabbed his hand and twisted it into a wrist lock before he even came close to grabbing the weapon. With him wriggling and whining in pain I grabbed the phone and hung it up.

"Hello Ricky," I said. "It's been a long time. How's the nose?"

"Fuck you bitch!"

"Now that's no way to treat a customer," I said calmly with a smile on my face. I always enjoyed watching someone squirm or in Ricky's case, try to act all macho.

"I ain't helping you bitch. You fucking broke my nose and now you come back here to harass me."

"So call the police. I'm sure they'd like to finally bust your ass over your gun running," I threatened.

"Go ahead bitch," he laughed, a painful laugh. "They have yet to find anything on me."

"Yet is the key word, Ricky."

I released my grip on his wrist, shoving him back into his chair in the process. "I'll ask you this once and only this once: are you going to help me or do I need to kill you right here and now?"

His macho attitude faded quickly. He knew I was serious; at least he did now.

"I didn't figure you'd be back, but I guess I was wrong."

"You're wrong about a lot of things Ricky," I said back. "Like thinking you'd have this safe little way out that no one would ever find."

"I guess I'll have to remedy that then," he said with sarcasm.

I ignored the comment. I knew its underlying meaning and wasn't threatened by it at all.

"What can I help you with?" He asked after a few moments of silence with me just staring at him.

"I need weapons."

"What kind?"

"A good sword and two .40mm guns with silencers."

"And plenty of ammo I suppose," he stated looking and sounding slightly irritated.

"Of course."

"It will take me a day of two," he said a little too quickly for my taste.

I knew he had a small cache hidden somewhere in his bullshit little world. It was the only reason I asked for something so simple. If I chose to get what I truly wanted it would take a day or two, maybe longer.

"Quit the bullshit Ricky," I said adding anger to my tone. "I know you have a cache just for this situation."

"You seemed to think you know a lot about me and my operation bitch," he said venomously.

"I know enough," I answered.

"And what happens if I don't," he paused as if looking for the right word, "cooperate with you."

"Simple," I grinned, "I tie you up and then I tear the place apart. If I don't find anything I can always track down your associates until one of them cooperate. Of course they may not be too happy with you afterward. You may just end up wishing you'd have me kill you instead."

His face paled. I gave him a look that said I wasn't going to play around with him. After a moment he gulped and stood up.

"Follow me."

He walked over to the wall and removed a picture. I half expected some combination lock. Instead there sat a scanner. He placed his hand over it and after a second it beeped and a pressurized door popped open. How the police never found it was beyond me. Of course he seemed to hide everything from them it wasn't really that much of a surprise.

I followed him in. Lights automatically turned on revealing three quarters of the small room loaded with weapons and ammo. Many of the weapons are hard to find and very expensive. He walked over to the end and turned around to face me, placing his arms across his chest. He knew better than to hand me something.

I grabbed what I came for along with couple holsters for the guns and ammo. When I was finished he asked, "Is that all?"

I nodded.

"Good. Now can you get the fuck out and not bother me again?"

"No problem Ricky," I said loading a clip into one of the guns. "Of course I don't need you blabbing your mouth about my being here."

"What?" He asked putting his hands up in front of his body.

I lifted the gun and put a single bullet into his head. The back of it exploded throwing brain matter all over the weapons behind him. He hit rack and slide down causing the weapons to fall out all over him and the floor.

With my task down I walked over to the phone and called the police.

——

The police were there in record time. My guess was since Ricky was always under investigation they wouldn't waste time. I stuck to the shadows watching the scene. I didn't have much else to do until morning so I was curious to see the outcome.

I cop of importance showed up and went inside. After about a half hour he stepped out from the building pulling another officer over to him. I recognized one of the cops the moment he asked the first question to one of the officers that were on the scene before him. It was a voice that I would never forget. Instantly I was taken back to that fateful night.

I remember sitting on the floor not able to cry but terribly frightened. My parents were just murdered in front of me, I was raped and I was left blinded. I could hear the sirens coming to my house.

They came closer and closer until finally I could hear them right outside. Footfalls echoed through the hardwood floors and every so often I heard the word clear! as officers trampled through the house making sure the rooms were clear.

After a few minutes I was being lifted into the air and held tight. The man held onto me as if I was his child and not the one of two murdered people.

"Everything is alright sweetheart," he said assuring me. "I'm Officer Veris. Can you tell me your name?"

"Alexandra," I said meekly.

I don't know why I told him it. I don't even know why I felt safe in his arms. I do know that my world, for just a moment, was better. It was a feeling I wish I never had to leave.

I broke from my reverie. Now was not the time for that. It was a past I wish I could forget and after I was done here, it was a past that I would forget.

The man, Matthew Veris, I remembered searching for the name was joined by another man. From the way both men were dressed I assumed they were both detectives.

"What have we got Matthew?" The man asked.

"It seems Ricky finally got the raw end of the deal," he said. His tone said he was glad Ricky's dealings were over but it was lined with anger and regret at not being able to bring the man to justice.

If it were me in another lifetime I could feel sympathy for the man. But the world I live in is a vicious circle of life and there isn't room for feelings like that.

"Any idea who?"

"No. An anonymous caller reported a shooting. We now know why we couldn't find anything on him. He had a secret office behind his office. A hidden room filled with enough weapons to throw him in jail for a lifetime and a secret escape passage."

"Lucky bastard got out of being brought in," the other man remarked.

"Too lucky," Veris said agreeing.

——

I walked the few blocks bay to Whitman Park allowing myself the time to get the memories out of my system. I couldn't let anything interfere with my mission otherwise I would face failure.

From there I hailed another cab and was taken to the Borgo Antico Italian Restaurant. The driver insisted on telling me about their service and quality of food. I wasn't interested and quite frankly I could have really gave a damn less, but in the interested of keeping quiet I listened to his endless babble.

Finally after a lengthy ride I arrived at my destination. I paid the idiot cab driver, threw in an average tip, and thanked him for the information. Once he was out of sight I turned around and headed for the building across the street.

There was a good chance I'd find Tony there tonight and probably the big boss himself, but I wasn't ready for a meeting. I decided it was best to get some rest and be completely refreshed before I began anything.

I took the alley besides the building making sure no one was paying attention to me. Once I was certain I grabbed hold of a pipe that ran down from the top and scaled it. Once on the roof I went over to the edge and looked over. I had a perfect view of the restaurant.

Like most buildings in New York, this one had a ladder leading to the roof. I walked through the roof looking for evidence of regular activity, not leaving any sign of my presence, and found no signs of recent or any activity. I didn't have to worry about being stumbled upon up here.

I moved back over to the front and sat down, back against the edge. I had ample cover with at least two feet past my head. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

——

For being a city that never sleeps is an understatement. It's really the city that never stops. I woke just before dawn and peered over the edge. The restaurant as I expected was closed. They didn't open for several hours so I decided to get some food and a change of clothes.

I spent only enough time to eat and get a change of casual business clothes. I discarded my old set and set out spending the last few hours staking out escape routes and the movement of people.

When the restaurant finally opened at ten I waited another thirty minutes before entering. I was met by the hostess of the restaurant. She was young and pretty, the type usually hired to catch customer's attention.

"Good morning," she said with a cheery smile. "Will it just be you dining?"

"I'm here to see Tony DeMarco."

"I'm sorry but Mr. DeMarco is not seeing anyone today," she said still smiling.

It was a load of shit. She didn't recognize me so of course he was busy. Some people would take it at face value, but I'm not one of those people.

"Tell Mr. DeMarco," I said as sarcastically as I could, "I'm here to see him about a job."

The hostess kept smiling and not moving. The glare I gave told her I wasn't going anywhere until I got my way. Finally, she gave in and said, "Please let me seat you and he will be with you momentarily."

"That's okay. I'll wait here and he can take all the time in the world."

I wasn't going to give them any opportunity to have a battle on their terms; at least not yet. I had the two guns I had taken from Ricky but I had to hide the sword on the roof top. At least being near the door I had an escape route should the need arise.

The hostess quickly turned and left, rushing to the back of the restaurant. I felt the eyes of many of the patrons boring down on me and I was pretty certain a good majority of them were part of Cephalon's gang. I didn't sense any demons but it wouldn't be uncommon for a demon to have human personnel.

12