Return to Eden

Story Info
A divorced mother relives the pleasures of her past.
6.9k words
4.52
38.4k
28

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/25/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks for all the positive feedback on my main series, A Gift Amongst Friends. At this rate, even I was starting to wonder if I would finally get another story finished. But you guys have been very kind, and that's what keeps bringing me back.

This is another story that I have wanted to tell for a while. You do not need to read AGAF to follow this story, however all of my stories share a connection. If you like this one, I recommend checking out my others. My bio page has a suggested order, but I leave that up to the reader.

**********

The pale moonlight did little to illuminate the master bedroom of the two-story house. Nothing could be heard aside from the muffled sound of rain striking the window. The weather had been unusually dreadful for the past week, and it looked like the rain would keep up until the weekend.

Although she was alone in the house, Evelyn instinctively stifled her moan as she fingered herself to climax in the wastefully large king-sized bed. It's still so weird to have the place to myself, she thought as she lay in the dark, pink nightie pulled up to her neck and matching panties wrapped around her knees. She breathed heavily, and her muscles began to relax. It felt as though her body was melting into the sheets. I don't know if I will ever get used to this.

Her daughter was off to college, and her husband of eighteen years had left her months prior for a younger woman—one of his former students. It's so cliché that it is almost funny, Evelyn frequently told herself. Much to her surprise, it had been something of a relief when Travis filed for divorce. She had known about his cheating for many years, and with their daughter moved out, there was less incentive to stay in failing marriage.

The first two months alone had been difficult, but having a supportive daughter helped immensely. Evelyn kept the house, and Travis took almost everything else. The money was not really a concern for her. She did well at the marketing agency where she worked, and she had recently been promoted to head of accounts and finances. The hardest part was changing her lifestyle, and with the nest empty, Evelyn found herself often bored and lonely.

This evening was not unusual for her. After cleaning up the dishes, she watched television until about 9:30pm and took a warm bath. Lying in bed each night, there were certainly some aspects of her marriage that she missed. Instead, she had rediscovered masturbation and it gradually become part of her evening routine.

She was not ready for another serious relationship just yet, but she knew that when the time came, she would have no problem finding someone. Although she was thirty-seven years old, she was frequently mistaken for someone in her late twenties. She had spent the years since her daughter's birth getting herself back into the fit shape of her teenage years.

Evelyn had always been a well-endowed woman, and she still wore the 36D bra size that she had worn in high school. Her breasts had held up surprisingly well over the years, with very little of the characteristic sag that came with large breasts and having a kid. Her skin was lightly tanned, and her long dark hair was typically worn in a ponytail to fit with her professional attire.

Clients frequently flirted with her over the years, and she had enjoyed the flattery. Occasionally, she might flirt back to help strengthen friendly relationships with the agency's more important partners, but it was always innocent.

Evelyn knew that much of her success in life was due to her looks and personality. She had no academic training to speak of, and it was her ex-husband's friends that had helped her get hired over ten years ago. Ironically, with her new promotion, she now supervised some of the very people that had gotten her into the company. However, she never felt any hints of jealousy from these friends, and she remained grateful to them, even if they were still close friends of Travis.

In fact, she did not hold grudges against any of Travis' friends. She was always a social butterfly, and over the years, his friends had become her friends. She was used to being the center of attention at the frequent dinner parties and barbeques that they had hosted over the years. However, she had quickly learned that one of the most awkward parts of divorce is trying to maintain normal interactions with former friends. Everyone acted like they were being forced to choose a side, whereas all Evelyn wanted was for everyone to get along like before.

She was afraid that this isolation was starting to change her. No, this isn't change, she thought as she lay in bed, catching her breath. It's more like relapse...

In her younger years, Evelyn had been known for her wild tendencies. Although many people still considered her a flirt now, this was nothing compared to her youth. Most of her high school football team had been with her at one point or another—in fact, she had jokingly become known as a rite of passage for incoming players. Now she could not remember how many of the stories were even true, but at the time, she had made no effort to deny them. For better or worse, the reputation had come with its share of popularity.

But that was almost twenty years ago, and she had tried to put that reputation behind her when she got married. However, she could not shed it completely. At her ten-year high school reunion, former members of the football team had made a bet about whether she would put out. Coincidentally, the reunion occurred just three weeks after she had first learned of Travis' cheating.

With her husband out of town for a conference, and with a drunken yearning for revenge, she gave two of her former classmates blowjobs in the washroom and let the former quarterback fuck her on the hood of her car. She immediately regretted her actions and was thankful that it never got back to Travis. In a terrible twist of fate, one of those former classmates went on to become her daughter's gym teacher, and that same quarterback, Frank Larson, became one of her agency's biggest clients in the last few years.

Since the night of the reunion, she tried hard to play the part of the conservative housewife. For the sake of their family, Evelyn could not go back to that life. She needed to be the moral example for her daughter.

For the last nine years, Travis had been the only man she was with. For the first months following the divorce, she was too depressed to even think about sex. Eventually, as familiar desires returned, she found masturbation was enough to keep her content.

Even so, she had no interest in finding a sexual partner until the time felt right. It was surprisingly easy—she rarely got out of the house anymore aside from work and errands. However, with the summer approaching, she was looking forward to resuming her weekly trips to the beach. She liked to go alone, as she found the ocean relaxing, and it gave her an opportunity to work on her tan. So far, the weather had prevented her from going, but she hoped for that the change this weekend.

Lying in bed, she pulled her nightie and panties back into place. As she drifted to sleep, she thought about upcoming events at work and the annual barbeque that her department would be hosting in a few weeks. All in all, it was just another day in a new life that she was still adjusting to.

By Friday, the weather was starting to improve. Her workload was relatively light that day, aside from a meeting scheduled in the afternoon with Frank Larson. The former quarterback was now the manager of a local sports goods retailer. In her new supervisory role, it was not common for Evelyn to meet with clients. However, today was an exception. There had been some recent discrepancies in Frank's account, and his business was one of the agency's most reliable clients.

The issue was quickly brought to light and corrected, but Frank had requested the meeting as a formality. Evelyn had personally handled his account during her former years, and given their eventful history, he always seemed to prefer talking to her.

Although he could be a little hot-tempered, he was typically easy to placate. More often than not, a symbolic service added to his account was enough to defuse any talk of taking his business elsewhere. Prices were no longer negotiable once the contracts were signed, but her agency offered many business services, most of which cost them next to nothing to perform. She knew that all he was looking for was a gesture of appreciation for the money he brought to the agency, and the agency was happy to indulge him.

However, Frank was also a flirt, and she could often calm him by returning the gesture. It was all innocent, of course. She would smile, laugh at his jokes, and occasionally touch his arm as she spoke. After all, she had been a socialite for most of her life, and if there was one thing she was good at, it was getting her way. In the business world, that skill was invaluable.

Today was no different. Several minutes before their meeting, she instinctively undid the top button of her blouse—a trick she had learned in her junior years at the company when meeting with a prospective male client. Although it did not show much, the extra skin and hint of cleavage made the clients significantly warmer towards her and the agency as a whole.

She stood up as he entered her office, and she greeted him. "Good afternoon, Frank! It's so good to see you again."

As they shook hands, she could already feel his tension starting to subside. "And the same to you, Eve. How are you?"

"Oh, I'm much better now that the sun is out. How are you? I heard that your son's soccer team is doing well this season." Another trick that Evelyn had learned was to rarely go into a meeting empty-handed. She often tried to do research before her clients arrived. Something as simple as acknowledgement of a child's sports team could set a client at ease before the discussion even began.

He sat down, and Evelyn followed suit behind her desk. "Yeah," he answered, "they got their act together this year. I'm afraid I haven't made it to many of his games though. How is your daughter? She's in college now, isn't she?"

"Yes, she'll be back home for the summer in a couple of weeks. It's still kind of strange having the place to myself."

He looked perplexed for a moment until his eyes rested on her hand. Looking at her bare finger, he nodded slowly.

Their conversation quickly turned to business, and Evelyn did the best that she could to answer his questions. He was irritated to learn that there had been another issue on the agency's side of things, though he appreciated that she was personally handling the case. "You know," he said, "it sometimes feels like I am in here talking to you more than the actual marketing team that is supposed to be working for me. That isn't normal, is it?"

"Again, I am very sorry for the mix up. I assure you that our marketing team is working hard to get your next project up and running. I would be happy to go and talk to Tammy if you'd like to stop by and see how things are going."

"No, it's fine. Probably for the best. You're probably the only one around here that knows what they're talking about anyway."

Evelyn smiled. I don't know if that is meant as a compliment towards me or an insult towards our agency. Probably both, knowing him. "Well, as I'm sure you know, we take your business very seriously, and we're always eager to do whatever it takes to make sure that you're satisfied."

"Eve, I know firsthand what you'll do to leave me satisfied," Frank said with a grin.

That comment caught her by surprise. Although she was used to some occasional flirting, it seemed inappropriately lewd for the workplace. It was also the first time in years that he had alluded to that side of their history. Or am I just misinterpreting him? Either way, she was not offended. She had heard much worse from her male friends in the past, but she was still unsure how to respond. "Oh... well, I..."

"Speaking of which, you're looking beautiful as ever, I see."

"Frank, please... you're going to make me blush."

"Good." He looked at her cleavage, and she could feel him undressing her with his eyes. "I don't think I've seen you blush since our high school reunion. I wouldn't mind seeing it again."

Struggling to find her words, she laughed nervously. "That was so long ago..."

"Too long. Anyway, I should get back to the shop. It was good seeing you again. I'll stop by again some time to see how marketing is doing."

"Yes." Her mind was starting to return to her. "Yes, that would be great."

After he left, she closed her office and stared at the door for several minutes.

What just happened?

Frank had flirted with her plenty of times in the past. She had even come to expect it over the years. She took it as a compliment, and if their history helped relations with his company, what was the harm?

But never in their working relationship had he been this forward. He probably saw that my ring is gone and figured that I'm open again for business. She knew that she should be offended by the notion, but it was also comforting to know that she still had that effect on guys.

It stayed on her mind for the remainder of the afternoon, and she was thankful for the day to come to an end. Later that night, she thought about it in bed as she vigorously rubbed her clit.

The next morning, the weather was still agreeable, and it looked like she might go to the beach after all. After breakfast, the clouds had dispersed, and it was already getting warm. She decided to have an early lunch so that she would have the full afternoon available to her.

In her bag, she packed a large towel, her tanning lotion, a book, sandals, her cell phone, and a bottle of water.

After changing into her favorite blue bikini, she threw an extra-large t-shirt over the outfit for the drive and grabbed her sunglasses. Although there were several beaches within a short distance to her house, she had a favorite hideaway that was worth the extra fifteen minute drive.

It required an additional half-mile walk down a hiking trail that came upon a sharp cliff overlooking the sandy beach. Stairs had been built into the cliff's surface long ago, and Evelyn was soon spreading her towel down on the hot sand.

Putting her t-shirt and sneakers in her bag, she took out her book, sandals, and water, and placed them next to the towel. As she got up and walked towards the water, the sand warmed her feet until a wave of cold water crashed at her ankles.

It's like ice! I guess I won't be taking a dip today.

Looking down the winding coastline, Evelyn could see some silhouettes in the distance. This was her absolute favorite beach. Hidden below the cliffs, it felt like a secret paradise. Only the locals really knew about it, and although she never saw more than a few others souls, she never felt unsafe.

Returning to her towel, she looked up again to make sure that the coast was clear. Satisfied, she untied her bikini top and placed it on the edge of her towel. This was not a topless beach, but it was so secluded that she had no fear of getting in trouble, nor did anyone seem to mind.

She had decided long ago that she preferred tanning topless, and Travis had always appreciated the lack of tan lines when they were married.

The hardest part was always the butterflies that came immediately before she removed the top. Once it was off, it did not really bother her for strangers to walk by. If she saw them coming, she would normally roll onto her stomach until they had passed. If she was feeling bold, or if she was caught unaware, some got a better view.

They're just breasts. If there is one thing she had gotten over long ago, it was modesty. And frankly, at her age and with the recent divorce, it was reassuring to know that men still did a double take at the sight of her body.

Not fifteen minutes after sitting down, she saw a couple walking along the beach. Evelyn had set up her things a short distance from the water, and she rolled over as they approached.

The woman looked ahead, choosing not to acknowledge Evelyn. The man gave several quick looks, but Evelyn kept her breasts concealed. As they passed out of sight, Evelyn took the opportunity to apply her lotion. Ten minutes later, she saw the couple returning in the other direction.

Oh, what the hell, she thought. Staying on her back this time, she placed an arm across her chest. She tilted her head back slightly and allowed the sunlight to wash over her. Let him look. He still won't see much.

After they were gone, she took a sip of water and stared out at the waves crashing on the beach. Closing her eyes, she allowed the sun to do its job. She had not been able to work on her tan for months, and she did not want to overdo it. Rolling over periodically, she reapplied her lotion an hour later.

At one point she was starting to drift off to sleep, lying on her stomach when a large golden retriever came running across the sand towards her. Evelyn lifted her head and reached her arm out towards the dog, which hesitantly stopped and began sniffing around her towel. Slowly, it approached and allowed her to pet it.

"Ursa!" A male voice cried out, and she looked up to see a man walking towards her. He looked fit, possibly in his late twenties, wearing shorts and a muscle shirt. The dog perked its ears and looked at the man, but did not move. "I'm so sorry," he said as he stopped several feet away. "I hope he didn't frighten you."

"Oh, no! Of course not. I love dogs." Scratching behind his ear, Evelyn lifted herself slightly to allow herself a better reach. This almost certainly gave the man a better view of her breasts, but Evelyn felt confident that her nipples were still covered. It was not unusual for guys to talk to her while she was sunbathing topless, and it always filled her with a guilty thrill to tease them a little.

His name was Paul, and after a couple minutes of small talk, he continued on his way. Ursa seemed reluctant to leave Evelyn's side, but after several calls he followed.

Taking another sip from her water, Evelyn tried to focus on her book. However, it could not hold her attention for long. Her mind was elsewhere, going over the events in her office the previous day. She still could not believe the effect that Frank's comments had on her. She imagined him unbuttoning her blouse and pushing her back onto her desk like he had done so many years ago on the hood of the car...

Is that what I've become again? Just another horny schoolgirl? I'm too old for that, aren't I?

But she could not deny that it gave her a rush to think of Frank taking her in her own office, with her coworkers in the next room.

I can't believe my mind is so depraved after just a few months of solitude. Frank isn't even all that handsome. Now Paul, on the other hand...

In retrospect, Evelyn kind of wished that she had teased Paul a little more while she had the chance. She could have easily rolled onto her side to pet the dog. He certainly would not have minded.

Another twenty minutes passed, and she knew that if she did not cover up soon, she was going to run the risk of a burn. However, a little extra time in the sun was worth the risk. Who knows when I'll get another chance, she reminded herself.

While reaching for her water bottle, she saw something in her peripheral vision. Sitting behind her, no more than thirty feet away was a male figure. Caught unaware, Evelyn was a little uneasy. How long has he been there? I didn't even hear him arrive.

12