Reunion

Story Info
Non erotic memories.
2.6k words
4.54
6.5k
7
2

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/28/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jott50
jott50
376 Followers

There is no sex in this story. Just the musings of an old man. Some of these events are true but most are just fantasy. There really was a Tanya and she really did break my heart in the manner described. Whether anything else is true I will let you decide.

REUNION

prolog

The year was 1968. I would be 18 in a month I had just finished my junior year of high school. Summer was well under way and I felt great. The hormones had fully taken over my teen body and I needed to get laid. After all isn't that when most of us lost our virginity? Yeah this summer would be great!

I had a girl in mind to take care of my virginity problem. I had known Tanya pretty much all my school years. We had been flirting outrageously while in school and I felt the beginnings of true love but we had never dated. I had only been on a few dates myself so I felt that we could get to know each other better, to find out if there was any love there so I asked her out. When she said yes I was in heaven. My dream girl wanted me.

We decided that I would meet her at the local burger joint and proceed from there on friday night. I was prepared for every event, I thought, as I prepared for that night. Shower, check. Cologne, check. Gas in the family car, check. Money, check Condoms, check. I was good to go.

Reaching the local burger joint I was met by a few of my classmates and we were all having a good time when she was dropped off by her dad. I wondered at this arrangement but soon lost my concern as we sat with our burgers and fries. We were all laughing and being loud when Mark my best friend sat across from us and suggested that we go to a beach party that he knew of. This was not really what I had planned but I realised that sex on the beach would work and when Tanya said, "yeah let's go!" I was caught up in the excitement. I had one of the few cars, our family station wagon, so 6 or 8 of us piled in. Imagine my surprise when I found myself sitting with another classmate and not my 'date'. Further imagine my surprise when I looked into the rear view mirror and saw my best friend and my 'date' locking lips, he had his hand on her tit, my tit. I was mortified. I felt that knot in my gut as I watched my dreams of that night disappear. All the anticipation. All the planning. Everything that I had wanted to happen that night evaporated in my rear view.

Not wanting to make a scene I quietly drove my carload of party goers to the beach party and watched as they exited. No one noticed my sullen expression as the excitement grew. My exit to my situation had quickly come to me in the drive over. 'Fuck em. Fuck all of em if they think I'm going to chauffeur these piss ants around to get drunk and screwed. After the last person exited the buick Tanya stuck her head in the window and said "aren't you coming too?"

"Yeah I'll be right there. I have to park first."

"Ok" she said and turned to Mark and grabbed his hand.

I just drove off never looking in my mirror to see if anyone noticed.

I found another quiet spot far down the beach and sat on a beach bench to analyze my feelings.

My date was toast, my 'best friend' probably had his hands all over her by now. Did they even notice when I left? My life was over. I felt betrayed, mortified, humiliated, angry, sad, so sad. Finally, after a few hours of self examination, I felt I had come to a decision. I loved Tanya. I felt that she had loved me. If she were to call me with an acceptable explanation I would forgive her. After all that's what love is right? Didn't Ally Mcgraw say that 'love means never having to say your sorry' in the movie Love Story? Yeah I would forgive her but I no longer had a 'best friend.'

SUMMER 2019

I had received the reunion invitation months earlier. 50 years. Wow had it been that long already? Why did I get an invitation?

I had not graduated with this class. I had spent my senior year and graduated in another state. Alaska of all places. West high, Anchorage, Alaska. Class of '69 Rah Rah Rah. Never heard from any of the few people there either but I never let that bother me. I had only known a few briefly and none very well.

A month before I was able to collect my diploma I talked to a Navy recruiter and since I had a low draft number and could expect to be called up in the draft, (Viet Nam era), I was looking in self preservation mode for a way to ensure my continued existence. Navy seemed the safest because even if I was sent overseas I could expect them to protect their ships. After two deployments to the Mediterranean I met a woman from New Jersey and promptly fell in love once again. Uncle Sam had the last laugh though because one week after we married I was deployed on my last cruise to the western pacific leaving behind my pregnant wife. I was gone for the next year.

Should I go? I haven't had any contact for all these years with any of these people.

After I mustered out of the service I had been gone from my home town for 5 years. Most of the people I had once thought of as my friends and classmates had gone to college or just moved away. The few that I had run across had shown no desire to rekindle any friendships. I couldn't think of an instance that anyone had tried to contact me.

But whatever.

Maybe someone ran across my name and was trying to fill as many old classmates as possible to help defray the cost of the event.

It might be fun though. Just to see how many we're still alive still. Hell maybe I could get laid. Lol

I sent my deposit to the class treasurer and noted that I would attend. Alone.

My wife of 45 years had passed 2 years before. Lung cancer. She had been a good woman. Gave me 4 children. Never cheated as far as I could tell. Even through her menopausal years, (the worst 5 years of my life), through all her personality changes, I knew she loved me. I always felt that I didn't deserve her. I could be an asshole at times but even through the years she never gave up on me. No one could ask for more than that in a spouse. That would be a good epitaph for a headstone, 'She never gave up on me'.

In my maudlin musings I thought of Tanya. Would she be at the reunion? I had never heard from her directly again after that night at the beach party. I had run across her cousin years later. He was a salesman servicing the company I worked for. He said she had married some guy that owned a construction company and had a family in some town about 75 miles away from us. Sand Lake I think the name was. I told him to let her know I said hi and to call me if she was in town. She never called.

Her mother passed away several years later and I saw her obituary that her name had changed again. Hmmm divorced? I thought she had a happy married life?

Whatever

I knew her dad briefly too. He had his fingers in transportation, politics, and whatever he could make a buck at also.. Last time I saw him I told him to have her call me when she could. She never called.

I was getting ready for the reunion with some trepidation. Quite frankly I had been lonely since burying my wife. 45 years with someone will do that to a person but maybe I could rekindle some lost friendship or, hell, 'maybe just get drunk with someone I once knew'. I thought to myself.

The reunion venue was predictable. People reliving long lost good times. Lots of back slapping and ...remember when... old pictures galore. Some of my former classmates actually remembered me. I was surprised at how time had aged some of them. Some of the guys looked 20 years older than their late 60s. The women as well. Some looked like they had been rode hard and put up wet then allowed to ferment. Lol

I received my share of female attention though, surprise. Even some of the married women flat out propositioned me. I guess being a married catholic wasn't a big impediment anymore. Divorcees, widows, even one woman I swear was a lesbian came onto me. But no one really tickled my fancy.

I was alone resting at a table after a particularly fast dance with the class secretary. In my younger days I was considered one of the best dancers in our class. It was nice to see I hadn't lost my moves but as a 69 year old man that type of exercise could be exhausting. I had just opened a beer from one of the local craft breweries and was wiping the sweat from my face when I felt a tap on my shoulder and a voice from my past.

"Hello John. Long time huh?"

Tanya.

Suddenly I was 18 again. My stomach knotted up instantly. From somewhere I felt the disrespect and humiliation from so long ago invade my good mood.

"Tanya, so nice to see you. Please sit down." No sense in being a total ass was my thought. She sat in the chair near me and turned to face me with a sad look on her face.

"John where have you been all these years? Why have you never tried to contact me? And the most important question is why did you abandon me at that beach party on our first date all those years ago?" I was floored. Did she think I was senile already? I remembered that night. How anguished, betrayed and humiliated I had been.

"Wow Tanya that's a lot of questions. Let me see if I can relate my life in as short a story as possible.

1. As you must know by now I went to Alaska in the summer of '68 where I graduated from the local high school. I joined the Navy before I graduated and spent 4 years traveling the globe on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. Including a year long tour to Viet Nam. Between my second and last deployment I met and married my wife of the next 45 years. When I mustered out of the service I briefly worked and decided I needed a trade so I got an associate in applied science, certified aviation mechanic. For the next 40 odd years I have worked in various mechanics positions and retired as a machine maintenance tech.

2. As to why I never contacted you. I tried. I met your cousin Vince and he assured me that he would let you know that I wanted you to call me. I even gave him my home phone number as I recall. Then as recently as 10 years ago I was talking to your dad and mentioned that we once went to school together. He seemed to remember me so I asked him to mention me to you and I remember that I specifically said that I wanted you to call me when you could.

3. Now for your last question. As to why I left that night. I have thought long and hard on that one night. Should I have just stood around while you were all over my best friend Mark? I saw you two go at it hot and heavy in the backseat of my dad's buick almost as soon as you got in the car. I thought you were supposed to be my date that night. Those kisses were supposed to be my kisses. When you got out of the car and asked me if I was coming you took his hand as you walked away. Now in all fairness if I had treated you so rudely would you have stayed with me that night?"

She straightened her back in defiance and looked uncomfortable for a few moments.

"No I don't suppose I would have, looking at it from your perspective, but you have to understand something."

"Like what. That you were acting like a slut that night and couldn't help yourself? Let me ask you something. Did you get laid that night?"

She was quiet, her face giving me the answer without speaking.

"Thought so. How many guys? Did all of them use condoms?"

"John! How can you think that of me? I wasn't then nor am I now that kind of girl." she seemed to defend herself too vigorously to be truthful.

"You hurt me that night Tanya. Deeply. Did you know that I never spoke to Mark again after that night? He wasn't my friend. He had actively went after my date to intentionally humiliate me. He knew I had feelings for you. He also knew that we were supposed to be on a date that night. Years later I came to the conclusion that he never was my friend and that he purposefully set out to ruin what was supposed to be a special night for me. You see at that point I was still a virgin. You were the one special person that I had chosen to be my first one. I was in love with you. Now you might think that was some high school crush but I am going to let you in on a little secret. I have never told anyone else this including my wife. If you had called me to apologize even the next day I would have forgiven you. In fact if you had contacted me as few as 10 years ago I would have left my entire family and gone with you. Can you sit there and truthfully say that any other man in your life would have loved you so completely?"

Tanya had a stunned look on her face. The reality of what I had just said was something that she had never considered. She sat with a puzzled look on her face.

I finished my beer and stood. Suddenly I wanted to be alone. My thoughts were of the way my wife had fought so gallantly in her last years. How she stood by my side while we fought together all life's problems. She never walked away from our marriage and into someone else's arm's when the going got tough. How she fought the sickness because of her chemo treatments. The hair loss, lost appetite, how weak and thin she got in the end. I remembered how almost her last words were for me.

"Promise me that you will find some to love you until we can be together again please." I promised but had not found that person yet. I looked down at Tanya and asked myself if she could ever love me like I had loved her. No.

I felt alone. The grief that I had thought I had put into a special place once again surfaced. I felt guilty that the feelings that I had stubbornly kept inside me for Tanya had in some way prevented me from giving my all to the one woman that had loved me to her dying breath.

I slowly walked out of the hall and to my car. I would never sully my memories again with these people. They were my past. Never to be visited again.

jott50
jott50
376 Followers