Reunion

Story Info
Friends meet again after more than 15 years.
6k words
4.66
28.7k
22
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She wanted to look every bit as feminine as people expected her not to be. Tonight was going to be a night for challenging herself to just let go and be herself. No strings attached. What you see if what you get. And, maybe in the process challenge what some others had thought about her in years gone by.

The little black dress that seemed like such a good idea when she went shopping, now felt as if it was too sexy for a class reunion. She shook her head. The little girl who had always been just one of the boys had grown up, and while she was comfortable in her own skin, she was a little nervous how others who had known her for years would see her.

Her honey colored curls pinned back away from her face and cascading down her bare back. She carefully dabbed a little gloss on her already succulent lips, and batted her piercing green eyes at the reflection of the woman that stood before her.

She slipped her toes into the beautiful black and ivory heels that she had just found on a recent trip to the city. At nearly six foot tall, she was always the tallest girl in school, so there was no way to go unnoticed, so she had figured if people were going to notice anyway, why not make a statement.

As she walked across the room, she caught her reflection in the full length mirror by the door. For the first time ever, she seemed happy with what she saw. Taking a moment to admire herself, a wry smile crept over her lips. Let them still see me as one of the boys, now!

Purse in hand, she closed the door to her hotel room and walked down the hall towards the elevator. The hallway felt like her own personal cat walk, and while not making eye contact with anyone, she knew that they were looking at her as she made her way to the elevator. A sea of whispers came cascading out of an open door as she walked by, making her a little more nervous.

She stepped into the waiting elevator, and took it down to the first floor, where the restaurant that her high school had taken over was located. The elevator doors opened, she inhaled sharply, and stepped out. Here goes nothing.

*****

He brought the cigarette to his lips to take one last breath before going into the reunion. What am I even doing here? He had never liked crowds, nor most of the people he went to school with, but he knew the group of guys that he had been friends with since he was a kid would be there, most with their wives, and he was alone, but still, it would be good to see them again and catch up. Being that this was a multi-year reunion there was a pretty good chance he would actually see a few people that he was friends with all those years ago.

Screw this... He lit another cigarette, and leaned against the outside wall of the hotel. From here he could get an idea as to who was coming and going, and decide when he was ready to go in. The wind was starting to pick up, and the sky had that look to it, heavy with clouds, that usually meant there was snow on its way.

He continued to watch as people hurried past him to get into the hotel. Some faces he recognized, others must have been a bit younger than him since he hadn't the foggiest idea as to who they were. Finally, he saw a familiar face. The two shared a quick glance, and a nod acknowledging the other. Each flicked his cigarette away, and went into the lobby. Jay was thankful that his friend had arrived since he now knew he wouldn't be the only one to go at it alone. Tonight was for catching up with old friends, nothing more.

Once inside, the sea of people was reminiscent of every other high school event he had ever been too. People had fallen into their little cliques and it was as if time not only stood still, but began to run in reverse. By the bar, there was a group of guys from the old neighborhood. A good place to start the night, so he walked over.

*****

She stepped off the elevator, and instantly jumped back in time about 15 or so years. Suddenly, she felt anxious about being at the reunion alone. Maybe she should have asked one of the guys from work to go with her just so she would have someone to talk to all night. Every insecurity from high school came flooding back. She suddenly felt awkward and unsure of herself. The confidence that she had moments earlier was being sucked out of her.

Her eyes darted around the room, and she finally saw a group of guys from the old neighborhood near the bar. Didn't look like their wives were with them, and they seemed to be laughing and having a good time. She didn't want to interrupt their fun, so she continued to take it all in as she walked towards the bar, faking confidence and hoping that no one would notice how uncomfortable she now was. You can do this, Sarah.

"What's your pleasure?" the bartender asked as she slipped into a seat.

"Shot of Patron, and a glass of merlot." Hopefully the shot would get her over the nerves she was feeling right now.

The bartender smiled as he got her the drinks. Placing the shot in front of her, "Guess reunions aren't you're thing."

She smiled warmly, picked up the glass and brought the ice cold libation to her lips, tilted her head back and let it pour down her throat. The warmth radiated through her and she felt a blush come over her cheeks. "Not exactly," she laughed as she now took the wine glass in her hand, and took a single sip.

She continued to sip the blood red liquid from the glass. Its warmth the perfect compliment to her being alone. Maybe she'd just sit here a little longer and then go back to her room and call it a night. Technically, she attended the reunion, so who cares if she didn't get to talk to anyone. The bartender came over to refill her glass. "Mind if I ask why you haven't gotten up to join everyone else?"

Looking around the room, she realized that most people had gone into the restaurant area and were no longer out by the bar. "I think I like my company here a bit more." She smiled at the bartender, and the two began to laugh. "I don't know why I even came to this thing to be honest with you. I wasn't one of the popular girls, and only had a small group of friends, whom I haven't seen in years. I'd probably be better off had I stayed home."

He pulled out two shot glasses, and poured another round of the tequila. "Maybe you just need a little more confidence." He handed her the glass, kept the other for himself, and smiled.

She raised the glass, "To confidence," and they both drank.

She slowly, cautiously, stood up, wine glass in hand, and walked towards the main party going on in the next room. Her head was starting to feel a little clouded from the two shots of tequila and the red wine. Looking over her shoulder at the bartender, she flashed a quick smile before disappearing into the sea of people.

She looked around the room for a familiar face, and locked eyes with Julia, her dear friend since they were young girls. The two women embraced, and were genuinely happy and excited to see one another. They started to giggle like to school girls as they kibitzed about the other people in the room. Pointing and laughing, no one was off limits.

After about forty minutes, Brian came over and gave Julia a squeeze. It was amazing to see them still together after twenty years. After a little more small talk, he whisked her away to dance.

Sarah sat there for a minute and watched her friend, before deciding that she was done for the night. As she stood up, she heard a low whistle come from a group of guys just a few feet away. She ignored them, and walked back out towards the bar. As she passed the group, she heard another whistle and this time knew it was in fact directed at her. She spun on her heel and walked over to them.

*****

There were five guys standing around the high top cocktail table. They were enjoying their drinks, and doing a fair bit of people watching. They almost didn't notice the beautiful woman that was sitting just a few feet from them. There was something very familiar about her, but none of them could figure out what it was. Jay was sipping a glass of bourbon when she stood up, and the low whistle escaped his lips. It caused his friends to take a look.

Mike almost choked on his drink. "Is that Sarah?"

The guys looked a bit confused. Sarah? There is no way this stunning woman could have been their Sarah. The tomboy who used to go play with them in the creek when they were about nine, who used to play hockey and football, and be the token female during games of D&D all through high school. No, this couldn't be their Sarah.

Jay looked at her, and tried to see their Sarah in this stunning woman that was now walking right past them. He wasn't bold enough to call out her name, in case it wasn't her, but he wanted to get her attention. He whistled again, louder and more deliberate this time.

To his surprise, it had the desired reaction. And she was now walking over to them.

"Which of you gentlemen thinks you can whistle for a lady like you whistle for your dog?" She eyed each of them waiting to see the reaction from her bold statement.

Mike elbowed Jay, and the guys shifted uncomfortably. She had spent so many long days with this group of guys, and now they were looking at her like they didn't even know her. Maybe she had changed too much.

Tom chuckled, "Its our girl." Sarah smiled as she gave Tom a hug. "Was there any doubt?" She made her way around the table greeting each of her old friends with a quick hug.

The six quickly fell back to the comfort level they had with each other all those years ago. Joking and laughing, until Dan's wife came over and stole him back. Then the reality that time has indeed past began to set in.

"So where are the rest of the wives?" Sarah asked.

Jay and Tom just shook their heads. Mike pointed across the room to a group of women who could easily have been Stepford wives. Dennis is the only one who commented, "Home with the kids. This is my night out for me."

Sarah lifted her wine glass to her lips, and that's when her reality check bounced.

"Where's your husband? Are you allowed out to play by yourself tonight?" Mike laughed.

A knot welled in her throat. Breathe, Sarah. Don't let them see you cry. "He's been gone for 3 years now." She drank the last of her wine, put down the glass, and walked away.

She couldn't stand the thought of possibly crying in front of her friends, but even though it had been three years since Sean died it was still so raw. The best bet was for her to just walk away. Maybe she would compose herself and come back in later, but for now...

As she walked away, she heard Jay say, "You know, you're a moron right Mike?" She could hear the disgust in his voice, and the heavy sound of his glass being placed on the table.

She made her way out of restaurant, past the bar, and out the doors to the front of the hotel. What she needed right now was some fresh air and to just get away from it all. Without a coat, the cold December air pierced her bare skin like a million tiny pins. She walked out into the parking lot, towards her car when she remembered that she had a room at the hotel and was in no real position to run away at the moment. She turned back towards the hotel, to see Jay walk out the door.

He looked around until he saw her standing in the middle of the parking lot, and walked over towards her. He could see her shiver in the cold.

"You're in no position to drive any where," he said firmly when he got close to her.

"I know. Remembered that I have a room here for the night anyway," she half laughed as the wind blew and sent shivers up her spine. Sarah felt paralyzed by the cold and the mix of emotions that just ravaged her.

Jay was still a few steps away, when he took off his coat. He draped the coat over her shoulders and pulled her next to him. She hung her head, as he wrapped his arm around her waist and lead her back to the hotel. As they slowly walked towards the building, tiny snow flakes began to fall from the heavens and dance around the two of them. Sarah stopped to look at the snow, and a faint smile came across her lips. Jay brushed a loose curl off of her cheek, and used his thumb to wipe a snowflake from her eye lashes.

She really is beautiful. Jay sighed as Sarah looked up at him. Even in heels she was still an inch or so shorter than he was. Her long honey curls were dancing in the wind, and since his arm was around her waist, they were gently skirting over his arm.

Jay had always had a kind heart, and a gentle way about him. It always used to surprise Sarah with how gentle he could be since he was such a brooding guy. Her friends used to be intimidated by Jay, and never really understood their friendship. Some of them even seemed a little scared of him, but the reality was that he was just quiet, and didn't like most people, so he didn't want to be bothered with them.

As Sarah walked next to Jay now, she felt safe and protected. She looked up at him and caught his steel gray eyes with her own. The snow was glistening on both of them, and as Jay touched her cheek to brush away her curls, she felt this little pang in the pit of her stomach. I wonder what it would be like to kiss him. What a silly thought, she chastised herself, shook her head and just smiled instead.

There's no way he could see her as anything more than just one of the guys. She was off limits all through high school and un-datable. He was always like an older brother, and obviously wasn't interested or else he would have flirted or something over the years.

The two stood there for a moment, snow falling softly on both of them, the wind causing Sarah to shiver and pull closer to him. She could smell his scent on the coat.

"Mind if I walk you to your room? I want to make sure you get upstairs alright."

"Sure."

Jay liked the way that it felt having Sarah close to him. He often wondered what it would be like to be with someone like her. Someone that was confident and beautiful. She was always a good friend and he had missed her these last 15 years or so that they had lost touch. Over the last fifteen years, he wondered what happened to her, and would occasionally ask friends if they had heard from her. Its how he knew that her husband had died three years ago. Since then he found himself thinking about her more and more, but didn't act of any of it because he figured it was still too soon for her, too raw.

The pair walked silently to the bank of elevators, not making eye contact with anyone. Sarah pushed the number 32, and just stood there silently. When the doors opened again, they stepped out and Jay reached out for her hand, but she was completely unaware and walked away. About half way down the hall, Sarah stopped, and took a card out of her purse.

"This is me." Sarah said motioning to the door behind her. She took off the coat, and handed it back to Jay.

"It was good seeing you again, Sarah." He reached for her and gave a quick squeeze. The disappointment in his eyes was obvious, and she could feel it in the hug. She wanted it to last longer too. Jay turned to walk away, and Sarah collapsed against the door to her room.

"What about room service and a movie?" she called after him. Jay stopped and turned towards her. "I don't think I want to be alone right now."

He walked back to her, and didn't say a word as she swiped her card and opened the door to the room. The small hotel room had a queen sized bed against the wall directly across from the tv, a desk and chair just off to the side by the window, which had the blinds pulled tight.

She motioned to the room, "Make yourself comfortable, and I'll get changed out of this and back into something comfortable." She grabbed a pair of jeans a tshirt off the top of the dresser, and shot him a warm smile before walking into the bathroom to get changed.

"This view is amazing," Jay called to her.

"I wouldn't know. I actually haven't looked out the window, which is why the blinds were pulled tight." Sarah laughed from behind the closed door.

She was struggling to reach the zipper on her dress, but it managed to get stuck. Charming. Jay heard the door open, and turned to see a more casual Sarah, but she was still in the dress.

"Murphy's Law," she laughed. "The zipper is stuck, can you help?" Sarah batted those long lashes, and Jay gave her a wry smile as he walked over to her. She turned around and pulled her hair over her shoulder exposing her bare back to Jay. He exhaled softly, and she could feel his warm breath on the back of her neck. The closeness made her heart race. She bit her lip. He ran his strong hands down her back, lingering on her bare skin. He tugged on the zipper at her hips, and nothing. "Told you it was stuck." She giggled.

Jay gave a strong tug and the zipper finally broke free. Quickly, she placed a hand on her chest to keep the entire dress from falling down. His hands lingered on her hips, while he traced small circles on her silken skin with his thumbs. Something was stirring in him. She was getting to him.

Sarah didn't move for the longest time. She liked the way his hands felt on her body. She hadn't been touched in years, and the attention was much appreciated. As she stood in front of him, she let her mind wander, and was just enjoying his touch. His hands tracing over her lower back and hips. It actually sent a shiver up her spine. He must have noticed the reaction, because his hands retreated.

"Your zippers fixed," Jay stammered. He just wanted to keep touching her. "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

Sarah spun around to look Jay in the eye. Those steel gray eyes were so warm, and she would have done anything to know what he was thinking, but to break the growing tension, she figured it would be best to just say, thank you.

And that's when it happened. The feeling of a million butterflies taking flight in the pit of Sarah's stomach. She realized what she saw in Jay's eyes was longing. He was no longer looking at her like he did when they were kids, he was looking at her, the beautiful woman that now stood before him. Sarah inhaled sharply, and leaned over and let her lips just barely graze Jay's in the softest whisper of a kiss. "Thank you."

Jay didn't react. He just kinda stood there and blinked in disbelief. Sarah looked down, embarrassed by her own boldness, and started to move. "Sorry, I didn't think..." The heat of a single tear of rejection running down her cheek made Sarah inhale sharply. She bit down on her lip, and before she could wipe the tear away, Jay's hand was brushing it away. He was just being kind. She knew she had overstepped, and was suddenly uncomfortable around him. He tilted her chin so that she was no longer looking down, but rather looking at him. He wanted to get lost in those emerald pools. He ran his thumb across her cheek caressing her face.

"I never want to be the one who makes you cry."

Jay leaned forward and kissed away her tears on each cheek. He ran his finger tips down the side of her neck to her collar bone, and tipped her chin up to him with his thumb. Their eyes locked, and he leaned down a placed the most gentle kiss upon her lips. A kiss that lingered just long enough to confirm it wasn't out of pity. Their lips parted, and Sarah felt a flush come across her cheeks.

She bit her bottom lip again. "Took you long enough," she whispered. Jay smiled at her again, and leaned forward to deliver another kiss to those lips. The kiss started gently, a series of little kisses, that just tantalized her. His tongue parted her lips and the lust of that kiss was enough to overwhelm her. She moaned against his kiss wanting to feel more. She brought her hands to the back of his neck, knotting her fingers in his hair, as the passion started to overwhelm them.

Jay ran his hands over her shoulders and the dress fell to a puddle on the floor. Sarah felt the soft fabric fall away, and it took her by surprise. She pulled away nervously, and was about to grab for the blanket on the bed, but Jay stopped her.

12