Reunited

Story Info
Two cyber lovers find love again.
1.7k words
4.42
5.6k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Many people say you can't fall in love at 16. I did. And there was no doubt in my heart the he loved me back. The only problem was that we were 700 miles apart. Cyber romance is the type that people say never last. It didn't. Life happened. I went to Julliard; he stayed in Illinois and got some crappy job at a craft store. We lost touch. No amount of phone calls and email could keep us from drifting apart. I found myself thinking, from time to time, about his name. Gabriel...

My voice rang brilliantly throughout the theater. Another song I had wrote involving the joys of love rolled off my tongue. The final note trilled in a marvelous vibrato, and the audience erupted into cheers. I bowed and waved to my boyfriend, Dave, who sat in the front row. He smiled at me and gave me a standing ovation. I walked off the stage gracefully, a little shaky. It was usual for a performance.

I laughed when I got behind the curtain, shaking my head in disbelief that I was only 26 and I was performing in front of millions.

I tugged at my masquerade mask, which sat a little too snug across my eyes. I was thankful that there was to be an outfit change before the party. That way, even with me being the star, nobody could recognize me. I changed quickly into an elegant, form fitting black dress that was ruched at the hips. My new mask was more comfortable, and much more elegant. I curved and flared my eyeliner out more to accentuate my honey colored eyes against the dark mask. Raven black hair flowed in elegant, carefree waves down my back.

Backstage chatter filled my head as I slipped out the back and worked myself into the crowd of people, who were being ushered into a club that was managed by the same people who owned the theater. I sighed a little, remembering that Dave could only stay for my performance. He was on call that night and no doubt he was already on his way to the hospital. But I told myself that this was good; I needed a night to be someone else.

Booming club beats drowned out my thoughts as I made it into the large establishment. It was marvelous. Not like most clubs, this was reserved for the best of the best. It was elegant and wonderful. The floors were shiny black marble, with accenting white columns throughout the room. At the sides were private areas, which were to be covered by sliding glass doors. Strobe and laser lights filtered across the room in beautiful colors. On the stage, classy female dancers worked their magic, moving about in time with the current song.

I started moving right away. The bass of the music

carried me to the center of the dance floor, and I couldn't help but draw attention to myself. I noticed this and quickly moved to the side of the room, heat filtering to my cheeks. I was supposed to be a different person tonight; not the center of attention. A waitress moved by with a tray of martinis and I grabbed one, sipping it quickly.

A deep voice startled me,

"Don't drink too fast; wouldn't want you to get tipsy." My heels turned to face behind me, locating the source of the voice. A figure sat on one of the couches, lone and mysterious. He wore casual slacks and shoes, a long sleeve button up shirt, and a simple mask. All black. I admired that me and him enjoyed the same color. His also onyx hair was tousled and messy, stopping just over his ears. Through the mask, his eyes sparkled blue.

I gained composure and gave him a crooked smile, "Wouldn't most men want that for a woman? Easier prey."

He shrugged, "I'm not hunting."

I took a seat on the couch opposite him, "Oh, you brought a date."

He shook his head, "No. I'm just crashing."

I raised an eyebrow, "You weren't invited."

He smiled, "Are you going to turn me in? That wouldn't be very friendly of you."

I took another sip of my martini and set it down, "Who said I was friendly?" I heard a familiar tune start up. The corners of my lips turned up in a smile.

"I love this song," he said.

I cocked my head at him, "Not many people know this song. It's my favorite."

"Would you like to dance?"

"Can I get your name?"

He smiled, "Isn't this a masquerade? It would take away the mystery if I told you. How about you just call me X? A variable if you will."

I nodded and he stood up, offering his hand. I took it and he led me to the dance floor. We moved to the sensual beats of the song, he hugging my body tightly to him. Our movements were fluid, and our bodies seemed to mold against each other. Our eyes were locked the entire song. I felt heat rise up inside of me and my toes felt like they were on fire.

When it ended, he led me back to our spot and we took our seats. This time, I sat on the same couch as him. We stayed in that spot for the rest of the night, chatting and laughing and flirting. He told me that he recently moved to New York, as he got a once in a lifetime job in computer security. He heard about the party from a coworker and decided to see what all the hype was about.

A voice came over the music, "Okay everyone, we're going to slow it down. Grab that special person and hold each other close." As Long As Our Hearts Our Beating by Jenny & Tyler came on. I looked at the man in black and he held out his hand for the second time tonight. Hesitantly, I took it. I thought about Dave, and wondered if I was going too far. No, I wasn't. It was only just tonight. I'm a different person tonight.

I was led to the dance floor and I wrapped my arms around the dark stranger's neck. He placed his hands on my hips and we started moving slowly. I closed my eyes and got lost in the romance of the song. The rest of the world slowly melted away, and my eyes opened to peer into his. His gaze smoldered deep down into my soul. We were the only two people in the universe, connected as one. Beautiful colors swirled around us and caressed at my skin. And all at once it was shattered.

Two people were shoving and pushing at each other. One of them violently knocked into me and I was wrenched to the left, slipping from my mysterious partner's grasp. I fell to the hard ground, my mask slipping off my face and skittering across the ground. I looked up, a sort of circle now gathered around me. People gasped. "It's her!" someone shouted. "Oh my god! It's Eden!" another shouted.

I looked over to see X, now staring at me in awe. Our eyes locked for a split second before hoards of people started trying to help me up. I was grabbed and brought to my feet, "Are you okay, Eden? Oh my gosh I touched her!" I shied away from all the advances and shoved roughly through the people, trying to get away.

I remembered that X was now probably one of the drones, trying to get to me just like everyone else. My heels carried me swiftly out of the booming club and moved to the side of the building. Using the people's confusion of where I was, I kicked my stilettos off and started climbing up the fire escape to the top of the building.

I finally reached the top and fell, exasperated, onto the cement, damp from the earlier rain. For the past week it has been raining off and on frustratingly. My dress, which had been torn down the side, swayed in the chilly wind. My heart beat thrummed in my ears, and I started crying. All I wanted was one night. One night where I could be a different person and not have to stand in the spot light. But no, I couldn't have that. I wasn't allowed. I wished I was normal.

Through my sobbing, I barely heard the soft, low voice from behind me. "Eden?" I stood up quickly, facing the voice. It was X. His blue eyes were bright. His forehead creased. He seemed to be thinking hard.

I folded my arms, "Well? Aren't you going to ask me for autograph and fawn over me?"

He looked surprised, "Eden," He said again, taking a few steps close to me. He said my name like he personally knew me. It made me shiver.

As he walked, he untied the strings of his mask. Carelessly, he let it fall to the asphalt. My eyes widened and before I could let out a gasp, he grasped my face in his hands and lent down, crushing his lips against mine. At first, my shock made me still. But then I reacted, grabbing at his hair and kissing feverishly back. Our hands were all over each other, and fire lit up inside me. His strong hands slid up into my hair and clutched at my long tresses. I barely noticed the thunder and the rain that started to pour down in buckets upon us.

Reluctantly, I broke away from the kiss. His nose brushed against mine and he breathed heavily. I bit his lip lightly, playfully, and looked up into his now dark sapphire eyes. "Gabriel," My breathing was labored, and his name escaped my lips in a whisper. He simply responded with another deep kiss and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. I talked fast, "Ah, wait. See that door over there? That leads to the stairs. Go back down to the club."

He kissed up and down my face and neck, "The people?" He groaned out.

I moaned, "They had to have closed the club. No people means ah, no point." My thoughts were turning to mush.

He kicked open the door and made his way down to the club, which was now silent, except for the rain pattering hard on the walls and roof. There were no lights on, except for one that glittered on one of the private areas. He made his way over, still carrying me. He gently set me down on the couch and closed the sliding doors.