Revenge is Sweet?

Story Info
Plot to get revenge on boyfriends takes an unexpected turn.
15.2k words
4.4
16.8k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sometimes plans can have unexpected consequences.

Hannah paced around Bethany's apartment, fuming. "That scumbag."

`"It sounds like he was. You're better off without him."

Hannah plopped down on the sofa beside her friend and drained her wine glass, staring across the room, at nothing. "I don't even want to go home. Everything I look at reminds me of him."

Bethany draped an arm over Hannah's shoulders. "You can stay here tonight. We'll order in. You know, I can relate. I kicked Darryl to the curb last night, too."

"You did? Why?"

"I don't know. It was just time. We got stale. He didn't think so, so I wound up being a bit more forceful than I intended. We argued. The more we argued the more convinced I was that it was time for him to go. He finally stormed out and slammed the door behind him. For some reason I felt an overriding sense of relief. The relationship was going nowhere. Sex was okay, but never any fireworks. It was actually kind of boring. It was always all about him."

"You never told me any of this."

"Well, you were always gushing about Sam. I guess that's what made me realize there had to be more than I had. But what went wrong with Sam?"

"We went to a party and had too much to drink the other night and he took some pictures of me naked and posted them for everyone to see. I'm surprised you didn't see them. I was mortified. I swear I could have killed him with my bare hands when I found out. I didn't waste any more time on him. Now he'll probably spread them around even more."

"We definitely need to put on our jammies and drink some more wine - but after our food is delivered."

Hannah laughed. "You know just what to say."

They ate and talked about growing up together and moving to the big city to follow their dreams, or in Hannah's case, her boyfriend. As close as they had been growing up they had gone to different colleges and hadn't seen each other as much as they would have liked once they arrived in New York. They both lived on the west side, but Bethany lived in a tony neighborhood on the lower west side and Hannah in second floor a walk-up more toward the upper west side.

A couple of bottles of wine later they prepared for bed. Hannah headed for the sofa, but Bethany said "Look, I know I've only got the one bed, but I think we need to feel someone beside us tonight. Don't sleep alone. I'm used to having Darryl around and it feels kind of empty in here without him."

Hannah laughed "Me too", and slid in beside Bethany. After the lights were turned out, Bethany noted the tears on Hannah's face by the light filtering in through the curtains.

"Everything's going to turn out fine, Hannah. I know it. We'll pick up the pieces and move on. Hey, we took a risk to move to New York, right? This will be kind of like that - starting over. You've still got your photography work and I've got my financial job after all."

She leaned over and kissed Hannah, stroking her face.

"You've always been a good friend, Bethany."

Bethany trailed a finger down to Hannah's chest. "I think I've had too much to drink, but I've got to say I've always admired your boobs."

"That's funny. I thought you had the nicest ones in high school. Now we've been to college and all, but I still like yours." She rubbed a finger over a nipple through the fabric, making it harden. "I loved the way your nips poked out in the cold. I just wanted to touch them like this."

"God, Hannah. Darryl never touched me like that. He was always so...gropy and squeezy. Then he'd stick his hand between my legs and rub me for like two seconds before..."

"Yeah. I know what you mean. I've had boyfriends like that. I thought Sam took at least a little interest in me as more than a pair of tits and a pussy for his own gratification."

"That was Darryl, for sure. Hannah? Would you touch me like that again?"

Hannah gently rubbed the other nipple and Bethany responded with gentle fondling of Hannah. They softly kissed and then pulled apart.

"Oh, I'm sorry Hannah. I didn't mean to..."

"I know. We shouldn't be doing that, but ...well...I liked it."

"So did I. We'd better stop before we do something we'll regret.'

"Good night, Bethany."

Their lips brushed once more. "Good night, Hannah."

The next morning nothing was said about their encounter, but Bethany invited Hannah to stay as long as she felt she needed to, and Hannah agreed to stay one more night, going home briefly to get a change of clothes so she could head right out to work in the morning.

They walked around Central Park during the afternoon and decided to eat at a popular Mexican restaurant near Lincoln Center. Walking back to the subway Hannah thought she caught a glimpse of Sam ducking into a bar they used to frequent together.

In bed they caressed as they had the night before, but hands explored further, until they both were breathless. Bethany lifted Hannah's nightgown and pulled it off. She savored the breasts she had so long admired and explored the toned body stretched out beside her. Hannah unbuttoned Bethany's pajama shirt and slid it off her shoulders, dipping her head to feast on the nipples she had already hardened with her fingertips. Bethany's pajama bottoms came off and the two embraced.

They caressed. They kissed over smooth, soft skin. They played in the soft, moist folds until they both whimpered. As if they had one mind they thrust one leg between the other's thighs and rubbed mons to mons until they both shuddered.

Afterwards they lay beside each other, caressing.

"That, Hannah, is what was missing with Darryl. I know now that ditching him was the absolutely right thing to do. There are better men out there. Men who can make me feel like just now. Thank you, Hannah."

"You're thanking me? I should be thanking you. Wow."

"You know what, Hannah? You have an amazing body. Not just your boobs. I don't think there's much fat on you at all."

"I go to the gym and work out several times a week. I take some self defense classes, too. Where I live it pays to be prepared. Did I ever tell you I was mugged once?"

"Oh my gosh!"

"By the time the police got there I had the jerk writhing face down on the pavement with my knee on his neck and his knife in my hand. The guy tried to take my camera. Nobody messes with my camera. It's my livelihood. I would have given him my purse, but not my camera."

"I'm glad I work in a nice, safe office. It's fun to play around with other people's money."

"From the looks of your apartment you must be good at it."

"I do okay."

"It looks like you do more than okay. If I had any money to invest I'd trust you with it."

"I guess we're both good at what we do. I've seen some of your photos. I was going to buy one to hang over my sofa, but someone beat me to it."

"Which one?"

"The rainbow."

"Oh, yes! That was one of my favorites. The buildings are illuminated by the sun but the background sky is all black cloud and a bright piece of rainbow that looks like it's going from the roof of one building to the roof of another, almost like a bridge. I can have another print made and framed for you."

"I'll pay you for it - gallery price."

"You certainly will not. It will be a gift, a gift for my best friend who has helped me out of the doldrums I've been wallowing in."

In the morning they got ready and left for work. At lunch time Bethany's phone buzzed and she answered a breathless Hannah. "I had a brainstorm this morning. I've thought of a way to get revenge on Sam and Darryl!"

"I'm listening!"

"Look, Sam has never seen you and Darryl has never seen me, right?"

"Uh huh."

"I'm sure it was Sam I saw duck into that bar. It was a place we used to hang out at a lot. I was thinking that if you went there and got him interested in you we could think of a way you could get him good."

"I think I get your drift. What do you propose I do with him?"

"Let's talk about it over dinner. My treat this time. I know a place Sam would never set foot in."

"Sounds crazy, but I love it! We can think of something you could do to Darryl, too. Ooh, it's beginning to sound delicious. Give me the address where we'll meet."

They settled into a booth in a secluded corner of the restaurant and waited until their orders had been taken and wine glasses filled.

"I know you don't know Sam, so here's a photo. I made a print of one I took a couple of months ago."

"Nice looking."

"Don't get me started on him."

"So, what do you propose I do with him? How can I humiliate him for you?"

"It can't look like you're coming on strong to him or he might get scared off. He's not stupid and could suspect something was up."

"When does he usually go to this place?"

"We hung out there a lot on Friday or Saturday nights when we weren't doing something else. There's a couple of pool tables in the back and we shot some pool. It's a working class joint. Some of his buds hang out there too, so I think that's where he'll head. If the guys are not there he might even go alone."

"Hmm. I'm getting a picture in my head. A lonely young woman sits at the other end of the bar, drowning her sorrows. She becomes a regular, but doesn't respond to pickup lines - tells them to get lost. He notices her and they eventually make eye contact - two lost souls drawn together by fate. One thing leads to another and sex comes into play. How's that so far?"

"I like the way you think."

"Perfect! Now, does she capture the whole moment, but with a camera focused on him instead of her? Or, does she set it up in secret when he's had too much to drink and make fun of his little peanut that won't stand up? Then post the video."

"You are so devious! I love it! I have a small camera from my former security system that you can use. The only thing I worry about is if he finds another girl right away."

"I'll play it by ear. Oh, here's a pic of Darryl."

"Wow. Looks like he hits the gym."

"That's part of his problem. He's so stuck on himself. God's gift to women. I'm sure you know the type."

"As I said the other night I have a gym membership. Let me know where he goes and I'll switch to that one so we can 'accidentally' keep running into each other. I'll let him lead me on and when he gets to bed - well, just say I have a plan."

"Oh, we are so evil!"

"Maybe. Maybe it's just time we stood up for ourselves and not let men push us around anymore."

"Amen to that, sister! No more doormats."

They touched their wine glasses together and drank to their plans just as the food arrived.

Friday night Bethany dressed for the occasion. Nice, but a little trashy with a very short skirt slit up the side and a partly unbuttoned blouse giving a glimpse of a push-up bra. As she sat on a stool at the end of the bar she dangled one stiletto heel from her toes. The bar was half full, but she recognized Sam as soon as he came in, alone. The bar curved at one end, so she could watch him as he ordered a drink and sat hunched over it.

During the evening several men sat next to her with the intent of striking up a conversation, but she ignored them, keeping a scowl that said 'leave me alone'. When spoken to she answered with curt one word answers. She was sure to give the impression that anyone messing with her was looking for trouble. Once she caught Sam looking her way and was pleased that he noticed her.

The next night she returned. She bought a drink and moodily nursed it along, only refilling two more times during the evening. Sam returned and sat at the other end of the bar again, and in the mirror behind the bar she was pleased to see that he noticed her again and caught him eyeing her several times. Again, she brushed off any attempt other men to talk to her. She was surprised to notice a pretty young woman sit next to Sam, and they talked for a few minutes before she slid off the stool and returned to a table by herself. Bethany wondered which one of them broke off that conversation.

The ritual repeated the following weekend. Each night she found Sam looking more and more interested in her.

The third Friday she arrived a bit earlier than usual. When Sam came in he was with a couple of friends and they sat at a table back near the pool tables. As usual she stared down at her drink, but cut her eyes so she could watch in the mirror as the group looked her way and seemed to urge Sam to come over. Reluctantly he arose and came her way, sliding onto the stool next to her. She made a show of looking him up and down with disgust.

"Um, I've uh, noticed you here lately."

So?"

"You seem to be alone."

"And?"

"And, well, I'm alone too and thought maybe we could be alone together."

"Are you trying to pick me up? Not interested. Fuck off."

He shrugged his shoulders and alit from the stool, to howls of laughter from the group at his table. She smiled inwardly. The bait was taken.

Soon afterward she left and felt them watching her roll her hips as she walked, just to set the hook.

The following evening she was later than usual, and he was already there, seeming to be relieved when she arrived. Her usual seat was empty, so she took it and ordered, but soon worked up tears and sat looking down into her glass with tears rolling down her face. He watched her for a while and then tentatively moved to the seat beside her, bringing his drink with him.

"Hey, it can't be as bad as all that."

She whirled to face him, her face glistening. "You men are all a bunch of scumbags. You can all go fuck yourselves."

He held up his hands in front of him. "Whoa. Not all of us. At least not all the time."

She scowled at him silently.

"Look, I'm not trying to pick you up, okay? It's just that I don't like to see a pretty woman cry."

"But those who aren't so pretty, it's okay for them? Typical for a man."

He was flustered. "No, no. I didn't mean it like that. It's not good to see any woman cry, but you are so beautiful and the tears detract from it."

She gave him a hard stare and he winced.

"I'm digging myself into a deeper hole, aren't I?"

She allowed herself the hint of a smile through her red eyes, reeling him in.

"There you go! See? Like I said, it's not as bad as all that."

"Easy for you to say."

"Well, I'm getting over a breakup and have been down in the dumps. My friends have tried to cheer me up, but I'm depressed. So, if your mood is due to a breakup I sort of know how it feels."

"Oh, sure you do. Give me a break."

"Really. Look, there's an empty table over in the corner. Wanna go over there and we can talk about it? Maybe we can help each other. My former girlfriend always said that it was best to talk things out, but I never listened. And now she's gone."

She looked him over once again, as if judging his seriousness, and sighed "I suppose it can't hurt."

He carried her drink along with his own and set them on the small table.

"Um, you want to go first?"

She spun a tale of woe about a boyfriend who had talked about marriage but left her for another. "And it was my birthday! He left me on my birthday! I thought he was going to propose, but he..." She sputtered, seeming to not be able to get the words out.

"I'm sorry, I really am." He reached over and touched her hand. She stiffened at his touch and he quickly withdrew his hand.

"I guess it's my turn. I confess I was as bad as your boyfriend, but...I can't believe I did what I did. It was so stupid, and it cost me the only girl I've ever loved."

He took a deep breath and gazed over her shoulder at the wall behind her, unable to meet her gaze. "We had what I thought was a great relationship. One night we both had way too much to drink and I got the idea to take pictures of us having sex. I don't think she was even aware of what I was doing. I'm not sure I was even aware of what I was doing. It just seemed like something silly at the time. When we were done I thought it would be hilarious to share them and sent it to some of my friends. At least I thought I did. Turns out I really posted it where a lot of people could see them. The next day I was horrified at what I'd done and she was furious. That was the end for us. I see that look you have. Yes, I was what you called a scumbag and will regret it for all my life."

"That was a shithead thing to do. If she had agreed 'sure, that would be hilarious,' it would have been different, but you didn't ask her consent at all."

"I tried to apologize, really I did."

"There was nothing you could have said that would have made it okay."

He looked down into his drink. "Yeah, I know."

"What was her name?"

"Hannah. God, she was beautiful, like an angel." He looked up at her. "What's your name?"

She didn't know if Hannah had mentioned her friend's name, so she replied "Betty Jo."

He nodded. "That's a nice name. I'm Sam."

She let out a sigh and stood up. "Well, I've had enough emotional turmoil tonight. Good night, Sam."

"Will I see you again?"

"I don't know. You're an admitted douchebag, and I've had enough of that. But, at least you seem to be a repentant douchebag. Maybe I'll be back."

******

Hannah switched her gym membership and quickly spotted Darryl lifting weights as she carried her gym bag the locker room. She changed into a tight workout outfit, pulled her hair back into a ponytail and started on a nearby elliptical machine, eventually moving into the weight area where she used dumbbells to do arm lifts. She was fit and easily looked like she belonged in the gym.

She bent over and did some dumbbell 'pull ups', watching him stare at her shapely butt.

She worked out for forty five minutes and then went to the locker room and changed into a bathing suit before heading for the hot tub, pleased to see him saunter in a few minutes later. She leaned back in the warm bubbles with her eyes closed. Periodically she cracked one eye open and saw him checking her out from the other side ot the tub, and noted him watch her as she arose to head to the locker room for a shower. When she left the gym she saw him in the lobby and felt his gaze on her but made sure to duck quickly around the corner so he couldn't follow.

Several times a week she visited the gym after work and saw him off and on. There were a number of pretty women working out, but he seemed particularly attracted to her.

One Friday evening she stopped in for a vigorous workout until her workout clothes were drenched in sweat and she felt the burn associated with a good, strong workout. Settled in the hot tub she almost fell asleep, but became aware of his presence near her. She opened her eyes to find him staring at her.

"What're you lookin' at, bub?"

"Sorry. I couldn't help noticing how fit you are. You must work out a lot."

"I need to keep fit. If I'm not here I'm in my other gym kickboxing and doing martial arts. It relieves stress from my job."

"What do you do?"

She had a story ready for that one. "I'm a private detective. I ferret out weasels who cheat on their wives and handle domestic abuse issues when the police aren't able to step in. I've had the pleasure of slapping divorce papers the face of some very surprised men. I've had a few run-ins with irate husbands, but I've been able to handle them all. A sharp jab and a kick in the balls takes the fight right out of them."

He laughed "I don't want you after me, that's for sure. A woman who puts up a good fight can really take a man by surprise."

"That's the truth. I carry heat - legally - but have never had to use it- just a little snub-nose. I'm not about to get into a gunfight and would only use it close in." She held up a fist. "A fist and a foot is all I need to handle the assholes I come across. I can do a variety of martial arts, too. One guy was so angry he brandished a baseball bat at me. I ended up cracking him over the head with his own bat."