Reverie Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"After months of interrogation and the U.S. clearing me of my past offenses; they allowed me to enter the states and start a new life. The government is giving me a stipend until I get established and I've been offered a job as a consultant... like a fucking celebrity. They consider me an asset." He said with air quotes. "They're so happy, they think they were able to flip someone from the inside, but fuck them. I chose this. Not them. I chose to turn my back on my people. I chose to give up names and locations. I chose to never be able to go back to my homeland..." He let out a bitter laugh. "Because the minute I step off the plane I'll be executed... But at least I chose this, no one else but me."

If Rya's mouth could hang any wider it would. Her eyes were as wide as saucers.

"What?" She quietly muttered. She nervously took a sip from her now tepid coffee as she sat there in shock. There was no way she would've ever guessed that. Not in her wildest dreams could she have imagined what he just confessed.

Haseem exhaled a breath he didn't realize he was holding and downed the rest of his tea. He felt oddly... liberated. Lighter. From the heavy burden that had become his life.

"I trust you can find your way home from here." He stood and walked away without a backward glance.

12