Reversals Ch. 08

Story Info
A successful woman embarks on a FLM and role reversal.
10.3k words
4.14
32.5k
11

Part 8 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 06/30/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER EIGHT
Samantha's Surprise

Julia sat alone in Samantha's office. It had been almost twenty minutes since she had left to fetch another document they needed to finalize Julia's promotion. Impatience was settling in.

Oddly enough, Julia had never been in Samantha's office before, she never mentioned she even had one. Thinking on it, Julia realized that Samantha had always sought her out. She'd come to Julia's cube or invite her out to lunch somewhere. Sam had really put in the effort to be a good friend.

It was an interesting room as she looked around, not really what she expected. If a room was supposed to reflect the personality of its occupant, this one seemed to lack the vitality and flash of the Samantha she knew. The office was well organized, spartan, lacking the typical clutter of most offices or cubicles. What was really odd though was the lack of personal touches that one normally expected to see. There were no photos displayed, no plaques citing accomplishments, no doodads that reflected on the occupant or that offered the occasional distraction during the day. It was far easier to believe that it was some loaner office for visiting executives. There was one notable exception - a portrait that hung behind Samantha's desk.

Protected by a sleek, modern, metallic frame, it looked to be an oil painting of a warrior woman, or was it something else? Contrasting themes seemed to be at play blending warrior and woman together into something that was both familiar and yet surreal and distant. It was a fusion of a beautiful woman wearing a scratched and scarred medieval helmet which oddly came down over her eyes to rest at the bridge of her nose, blinding her. Below the cold iron helmet, her plump lips were colored a deep, rich red and, instead of armor, she wore a cream colored dress with floral embroidery. There was a haunting, somber quality to the painting which fused feminine beauty and the harsher realities of conflict and war into a single, evocative image. Beauty and conflict. Both were part of the Samantha she knew.

Getting restless for some attention, Julia peered through the glass partition into the monochrome hallways and common spaces outside the office looking for Samantha. There was a continual buzz of activity as people moved about the hallways or toiled away at their desks. It was good to see the company busy and productive and to know she was an important part of making it successful.

Still looking for Samantha, a man passed by in the hallway and offered her an awkward wave and stiff smile as he moved by. If she recalled, he had been in another sales division, competing with her for sales. He almost certainly worked for her now, likely a couple of levels below her on the organizational chart. Maybe she'd arrange a lunch sometime for her subordinates and invite him to see if he'd properly fall in line behind her so Samantha could add him to the tally in the "who's the boss" game. Power had its privileges after all.

In time, she finally spotted Samantha coming down the hallway with a portfolio in hand. Her skirt was swishing about her legs as she hurried forward on strappy, peep toe, stilettos, walking in them as easily as most women did in flats. She smiled warmly at Julia as she approached, mouthing the words "last one" as she got close.

"I am so sorry to keep you waiting," Samantha said as she entered the office. "Legal pushed out a last minute change to the corporate non-disclosure agreement you need to sign and I had a problem getting my hands on it."

"It's not a problem," Julia said. "You can make it up to me though," she added playfully with a grin.

Samantha sat down behind her desk with a bemused expression. "Okay," Samantha responded coyly, unsure of what to expect.

"The painting?" Julia asked, gesturing towards it with her eyes. "It's a striking image. Beautiful in a way but sad too. Any idea why the helmut is over her eyes?"

Samantha shrugged. "Well, I can't say what the artist was thinking for sure, never talked to her."

"A woman did paint it then?" Julia asked.

"Of course. I found that much out at the gallery," Samantha said admiring her painting, entranced by it. "I can tell you what I see," she said with a touch of reverence in her voice.

"Please do," Julia encouraged sincerily.

Samantha was genuinely moved by the painting as she regarded it. "When I look at it, and I mean really look at it, I see both a warrior and a womyn. They're one in the same. It reminds me of the never ending struggle womyn have had since the very beginning," she said ruefully. "Forever battling for equality and respect, for dignity. Even for love." Samantha shrugged.

"I think the helmet says she's been in wars. I guess it seems a little odd, maybe, being over her eyes - she's blinded by her own helmet. But, I think it defines her too. It's a part of her war. She's been blinded, forced to paint her lips and forced into some pretty little dress, things to make her more pleasing and less threatening to men, but she's still a warrior. She's still fighting, even if she didn't fully see it or realize it." Samantha took a deep breath and turned to face Julia. "Maybe that's a lot to see into it, into her, but you asked." Samantha touched the frame, almost lovingly, then locked eyes with Julia. "I find her very empowering at times. She reminds me to go for the things I want, to fight for them, even when something is trying to blind me or tell me what to do - men, polite society, whatever."

Julia smiled at her and nodded reassuringly. Had they been someplace, other than the office, she might have offered Samantha a hug.

Samantha returned the smile. "Just my take on it. Hope that helps."

"Yes. It does. That's beautiful in a way. Thank you."

"Anytime," Samantha said gracefully.

Both women locked smiles with each other, enjoying the moment together.

"Anyway, back to work," Samantha said. "I have the last document for you to sign." Samantha retrieved several pages from her portfolio and presented them to Julia.

Julia grabbed the document and stared to skim through it. "Any problems with it?" she asked. "Anything for me to be concerned about?"

"No," Samantha said. "They added a section on directing any questions you might get about staffing and workforce composition to human resources at corporate. Overall, standard corporate stuff, don't say anything to anybody that's not supposed to hear it. If you leave the company the same rules apply. You'll want to review it but it's nothing to be concerned about."

"I'll take your word for it," Julia said as she flipped to the last page and signed the document, "I trust you."

Samantha smiled and added the document to the stack Julia had signed earlier. "And, with the last document signed, that's it," she said cheerily. "Let me be the first one to formally congratulate you on your new position," she said extending her hand with glee.

Julia smiled in return as they shook hands to mark the occasion, only to have Samantha's grip tighten for the briefest moment as Julia tried to release afterwards, their eyes then locking for only an instant as her hand was finally surrendered.

"Thank you," Julia said as the slightly awkward moment passed.

"My pleasure," Samantha responded.

Julia nodded with a smile. "Did you want to get some coffee then? Catch up? We have some time, right?" she asked.

Samantha twisted her lips into a playful looking smirk. "We still have over an hour left in the meeting," she said. "But, I scheduled in extra time for a bit of a surprise."

"A surprise?" Julia asked astonished.

Samantha nodded, a big grin betraying her excitement. "I'm hoping you're not going to be upset though," she said puckering her lips playfully.

"About what?" Julia asked with a cautious but genuine curiosity.

"Well, given all our conversations about Eric and about AGen...," she teased out, "I was able to arrange... an initial consultation."

Julia went wide eyed, her mouth dropped open in shock as she sat back in the chair dumbfounded.

"After dinner the other night," Samantha began to explain, "I thought you said you were really curious about AGen. So, I decided to see what else I could find out for you and I eventually got a website address."

Julia sat there in silence, still stunned, trying to absorb the enormity of what Samantha had done.

"I decided to contact them through their website," Samantha said. "Really, I was just trying to get more information from them, to give to you. A day later, they called me. They asked me a few questions and wanted to know more. I didn't give them too many details. They were the ones that actually suggested the consultation. They wanted to talk to you directly."

Julia shifted forward and did her best to regain her composure. "I'm not sure what to say, Sam," she said slowly, like she was in a daze.

"You are still interested, right?" Samantha asked hesitantly.

Julia pursed her lips. "Honestly? I've thought about it. Maybe more than I should have," Julia admitted. "But, really, truly, doing it to him?!" Julia felt flush. "Put boobs on Eric?!" she whispered across the desk. "It seems crazy to even talk about it. It would change everything."

Samantha nodded in agreement, smiling at her beautiful friend. If she could help convince Julia to move forward with putting boobs on hapless Eric it had to undermine any hold he might have on her as a man, as her husband. She'd never be able to look at him in quite the same way ever again.

"It would solve all my problems at home," Julia mused, as her brow furrowed.

"And, it would be the fair thing to do," Samantha reminded her. "You're the one working, bringing in all the money, supporting both of you. It's only fair that he pulls his weight for the family. He should be taking care of everything at home and that includes caring for your children," she said earnestly. "He can adapt to being Mr. Mom. Why not? If that includes wearing a nursing bra someday so what? What's the big deal? Womyn do it. Why can't a man? I think it's only fair."

Julia nodded slowly. "Yes, we did talk about that," Julia said soberly. "And, I guess, it does make some sense." There was still some conflict playing out in her heart. She had taken charge of their marriage, that needed to happen. Eric had utterly failed as a husband, she reminded herself. Under her direction, he'd do better. If that meant being a househusband, filling the old, traditional wife role, so be it. But did that really mean he should have breasts too? Was Samantha right? Was it simple fairness and equality?

"We have maybe fifteen minutes before they call," Samantha said. "Maybe grab some coffee first? I have a conference room reserved so we can talk in comfort. It's a video chat. They're going to call us, on my tablet."

Julia agreed.

"One thing though," Samantha cautioned, "these are very serious minded womyn. They might say some things that make you a little... uncomfortable. Don't let it bother you too much. Okay? Try thinking of it more like a sales call. No matter what they say to you, don't admonish them. Don't challenge their beliefs either for that matter. They may have a really different way of looking at the world but it just doesn't matter. They have something we want. Don't worry about anything other than that."

"But-"

Samantha shook her head vigorously. "No buts. Just play along with them. Be nice. They want to help you. Let them. Be agreeable. Tell them what they want to hear and don't worry about the rest of it," she said definitively.

Julia felt a slight shiver travel up her spine. She wondered, what she was getting herself into but quickly decided to trust Samantha's direction on it, for now at least. It was just an initial consultation after all.

"Come on, let's grab that coffee," Samantha urged.

Samantha and Julia sat down in a small conference room with Samantha's tablet a few minutes later. It was another sterile space intended for corporate meetings, dull but private, with six office chairs tossed around a wood veneer table.

The women sat, side-by-side, on one of the long sides of the table, sipping their coffee, as they waited for the call.

Julia nervously glanced at the tablet and began to idly trace a couple of her long nails against the surface of the table as she waited for the conference to start. She grew more tense as the minutes passed away, each one bringing her closer to a discussion about feminizing her husband.

If he knew what she was doing, would he finally stand up for himself? Would she be able to force him if he refused? Did she truly want to do this? A dozen questions kept running through her mind. She didn't have answers for any of them. Julia checked the time again. Only a minute left.

She fanned her fingers out, then slowly clawed at the table, making a game of it to distract herself from the gnawing uncertainty she felt, pressing hard enough to feel the pressure at her fingers but not so hard as to break a nail.

Julia turned her hand over to admire her manicured extensions. Eric would need to learn how to maintain her nails, she decided, from the strengthening base coat, to the colorful lacquer, to the protective top coat. It was another service he could-

The tablet suddenly began playing a short symphony of repeating tones, alerting them to an incoming call. Julia just stared at the tablet, frozen.

Samantha grimaced at her nervous friend from the side, quietly disappointed at her lack of enthusiasm. Thankfully, Samantha had enough for both of them. Julia just needed a little more prodding before the idea of undermining and completely dominating Eric felt more normal and natural to her. Samantha's lips curled into a smile as she tapped on the video chat button to start the conference.

Moments later an older woman came into view, perhaps in her seventies, maybe older, sitting in what looked like a video conference room. The woman had a severe look to her, wire rimmed glasses sat upon a gaunt face, her white hair tied into a tight bun, held in place by black bobby-pins. The white lab coat she wore seemed to be embossed with the same logo depicted on the beige wall behind her - a thick trunked, gnarled tree, filled with leaves.

"Which of you is Julia Grant?" the woman asked curtly, reading from something at the table she sat at.

"That would be me," Julia said. She had stopped using Eric's last name entirely, it seemed completely improper to subordinate her identity to his. In fact, given that the marriage was female lead now, she was considering making him take her last name soon.

The woman was staring at them, silently sizing them up. It felt uncommonly penetrating, like she was examining specimens under a microscope, studying them. If it wasn't for the occasional shifting of her eyes they would have thought the video conference had frozen with some technical failure. Julia just sat there, nearly motionless, waiting for her to finish, hoping she'd pass inspection. Samantha did much the same.

"I'm Dr. Joyce," the woman finally said flatly, looking away from the camera, examining something on the desktop in front of her they couldn't see.

After all the staring and waiting, Julia had hoped for something more welcoming, something to calm and reassure her. That wasn't to be.

"Pleased to meet you," Julia said, trying to act cheery, hoping Dr. Joyce couldn't read her mood.

"Same here," Samantha chimed in, "we're really very pleased to be able to meet with you today. It's very much appreciated. We can only imagine how busy you are with the important work you're doing."

Dr. Joyce looked forward into the camera, seemingly unaffected by Samantha's eager greeting, her somber expression casting a stifling mood over the consultation. "I'm assuming you'd be Samantha Stone. Is that correct?" she asked with a detached manner.

"Yes. That would be me. I'm the one that made the initial inquiry," Samantha said, still trying to be upbeat. "Again, we wanted to thank you for making time in your schedule for us today."

Dr. Joyce arched an eyebrow on her otherwise impassive face. "Responding with a simple 'yes' was sufficient to satisfy the inquiry, Ms. Stone."

Samantha simply nodded, accepting the rebuke. Despite the obvious disdain from Dr. Joyce, Samantha had no intention of ruining the meeting for Julia.

"If either of you have any recording devices employed you will need to terminate them at this time. Consultations can not be recorded. We don't allow notes to be taken either," Dr. Joyce said firmly.

"Nothing being recorded. No notes," Samantha quickly said, wanting to be terse for the scornful doctor. "We're fine with the restrictions," she added.

Julia nodded, agreeing with Samantha, doing her best to be compliant and accepting with this seemingly clandestine group.

"Very well," Dr. Joyce said. "Now, with the pleasantries dealt with, why are you here, Ms. Grant?"

Julia arched her eyebrows in surprise and glanced towards Samantha who also seemed confused at the question. "I'm sorry, I thought this was already brought up when Samantha contacted you," Julia said as Samantha nodded, indicating that it had been.

"Yes," Dr. Joyce started. "Ms. Stone did provide sufficient details on her initial contact to us. But that's not what I asked. I want to know why you are here, Ms. Grant. I want you to tell me what you want from us, in your words.

Dr. Joyce was staring at her, waiting, watching with those piercing, unrelenting, eyes of hers. Samantha was staring too, expectantly waiting for her to say the words, waiting for her to ask them to feminize her husband.

Julia's mind began to spin. She was unprepared for a confrontation, especially with Dr. Joyce. She had wanted a simple sales pitch, a list of services from a hopeful provider, something she could casually make a decision about. That's not what this was. It was something colder, harsher. She felt like she was being tested, evaluated. She swallowed hard. Was this something she truly wanted, Eric with breasts? The question continued to churn inside her.

"Ms. Grant, I need an answer. Otherwise there's no reason to continue here," Dr. Joyce said.

Samantha urged her on, her eyes wide and intense. "Go ahead," she whispered.

"I... I want to... I want the AGen program. For my husband, Eric, to have breasts... to breastfeed our baby someday," Julia stated. She'd gotten it out, really said it. Her heart was pounding from doing it. Would this woman do it to him now? She studied the gaunt, harsh, impassive lines of Dr. Joyce with apprehension.

"You don't sound particularly certain, Ms. Grant," Dr. Joyce observed.

"I can be," Julia said, not really meaning it, questions still churning inside her.

"Ms. Grant, you must be completely committed to the program in order for your male to be considered. This is not something trivial. Your male will be altered at the genetic level, changed forever, fundamentally different than before," Dr. Joyce said.

"I understand," Julia said.

"Do you? I wonder," Dr. Joyce said eyeing her suspiciously. "In addition to mammary glands, there are also possible side effects you may want to consider. AGen can occasionally result in some general feminizing characteristics being imparted to the subject. We consider it a crossover effect that's correlated to nanite infusion and, since you will be involved with administering the infusions, you'd be the causative agent, Ms. Grant. You'd be responsible."

Julia was silent.

"Finally, like any procedure of this nature, there are risks. We consider these risks to be very low, more of a statistical anomaly; however, it must be accepted as a possible outcome of the program. So, Ms. Grant, I hope you can understand why anything less than total, unwavering commitment is simply unacceptable," Dr. Joyce asserted, the fixed glare of her eyes burning into her like the sun on a hot, cloudless day.