Rise of the Cat Women Ch. 01

Story Info
A epidemic turns people into cat women.
13.2k words
4.54
23.8k
74
6

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/11/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2018 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age of 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

*

John Stevenson was sixteen years old when the pandemic struck. The news media reported that it started in upstate New York when some lab animals escaped from a lab. He remembered watching the National Guard trucks rolling by as they headed to a national forest. There were charges and counter charges about which lab the animals escaped from in the news. He remembered hearing his father saying to his mother, "It's the government I tell you."

Over the next two years he watched helplessly as civilization crumbled around him. First it was the airlines being grounded after a plane took off from LA and flew to Singapore. When it landed, everyone over the age of twelve had turned into the cat creatures and fled from the plane causing mass panic. Then countries started shutting their borders in a frantic attempt to stop the spread of the plague. But by that time it was already too late. Trains went next and then all mass transit. Only government vehicles were allowed to cross state lines. Schools shut down as the panic spread while food supplies became scarce and gasoline could not be bought at any price.

A mass exodus from the cities started. However, the cat creatures were waiting and infecting anyone who came near them. It was debated long and hard if in fact the mutated humans were intelligent. It seemed from observation that they shunned even simple tools and spent their time hunting, sleeping, and copulating.

On the day John turned eighteen he joined the army rather than wait for his number to be called up. While he was in basic training, he was too busy to worry about the state of the world. Again when he went to sniper school, what the sergeant wanted was much more important than anything else. He, like others attended training sessions that talked about the virus and the changes it made.

For one thing, the virus was incredibly fast acting. Within six hours the changes were profound, the human intelligence dropped to that of a sub human and the creature reverted to basic animal instincts without anything more than a primitive language. What he came out of the class with was to always wear his nose filters and never let one of the cat mutations get within fifty feet of him.

He was two weeks into the northern deployment when he heard about the campaign. They, the army, were going to form a line and take back New England. They would push the evil kitties, as John and his mates called them, to the Hudson River where the combined forces of the American and Canadian army's would crush them between them. As one of the scout sniper teams his job was to scout ahead and direct his platoon towards the cat women.

So far it had been easy. The evil kitties always ran away and it was easy to herd them like cattle. A few shots in the air was all it took for them to run away. They were about fifty clicks from the river when John and his partner Steve caught sight of about fifty of the cats milling around in a small glade. According to doctrine Shorty called in the coordinates and they settled in to watch the show.

Right on cue, the platoon rushed up in a semi-circle shooting in the air and jumping up and down acting like fools. To John and Steve's horror, the cats, instead of running, attacked. They watched helplessly as their platoon and then other reinforcements were decimated before the last cat was killed. Over the radio they heard frantic calls for air support from all over the battalion. The evil kitties had struck all of them at once and although they were unarmed, they killed three humans for every one they lost. As suddenly as it started the attack was over and the remaining cat women faded into the forest.

That ended the mass attack by the combined forces. There was one bright note, although they were unable to help their mates, as one of the cat women ran past, Steve managed to tackle it and John knocked it out with the butt of his rifle. That was the first and only living cat woman taken that day.

Dutifully they turned over their prisoner to the military police before going down to see what they could do to help others. The carnage was horrific. Not one of the humans that the cat's reached was still alive. While most died of their wounds, others ate a bullet instead of turning into one of the creatures. All they could do was go around and gather dog tags.

John and Steve were still helping put bodies into bags when a hummer roared up. It was the MP's and they had orders to take the pair back to headquarters. "What's going on?" Steve had asked once they were on the road.

"The general wants to hear firsthand what happened." One of the MP's answered.

Once they reached headquarters, they were ushered into a large tent. Off to one side they saw the cat woman bound to a chair and snarling like a wild beast. Instead of a general, they gave their report to a Major. The Major didn't believe them and said, "Do you expect me to believe this," he gestured at the cat. "Was part of a coordinated attack?"

Out of the blue the cat woman spoke with a southern accent, "You will let me go now."

All movement in the tent stopped as they stared at the cat. "What did you say?" The major spoke up.

"You will let me go. My sisters are coming to free me. The Goddess has said so." The cat woman then looked pointedly at John and Steve before growling low in her throat.

Without a thought the pair took a step back. The major turned to them and said, "That's all... return to your unit."

John opened his mouth to ask "What unit, their all dead." But Steve stopped him. Once they were outside they looked at each other, "Did you know they could talk?" John asked.

Steve shook his head, "No and what was that about sisters and Goddess?"

"I don't know and I bet the brass doesn't ether."

They finally got a ride up to where their company was stationed and reported in. The next day as they prepared to move out they heard about the attack on the Command Post. Every single human had been butchered in the night and the captive freed.

Over the next year, John and Steve were moved around; chasing this and that group of cat women. From the Everglades, up into the high Rockies, they scouted movements. Every time they made it back to camp they heard of another case of a cat woman being captured and how the Goddess would set her free. Inevitably a mass of cat women would attack and overrun the camp. Even when they flew the captive hundred miles away before questioning, the other cat women would find her.

Over time a picture grew of their culture. It seemed all the cat women were ruled by one woman. The one called the Goddess. She ruled from somewhere in central Canada and was protected by the fact that she was divine. This led to every sniper team being sent out with few supplies, a radio and orders to find and kill the one called the Goddess.

John and Steve worked their way into Canada slowly. They used all the skills they had following a small band of the killer kitties. "Killer Kitties" had taken on a whole new meaning to them in the past year. It took them almost two weeks to travel a score miles. It seemed the band they were tracking was nothing more than a hunting party. Finally, they hit pay dirt when the band of cat women did not stop in the afternoon but instead picked up their pace.

They stopped in a small glade and made a fire. As the pair watched, the small band of ten cat women grew into almost fifty. It was some sort of gathering. Steve radioed in their position and what they had found. After listening for a minute he shook his head and shut down the radio. "Just watch and follow," he whispered to John.

John shook his head; a gathering of fifty of the cat creatures was worth an air strike. As he looked through his scope from their vantage point he said softly to Steve, "I bet I can put one through the left eye of that one standing." Looking at Steve he smiled, "One shot one kill, simple"

"One shot one kill and then the others screaming for our blood, no thank you."

"Spoilsport," John replied as he looked back through his scope. As he watched the cat woman standing, he saw her walk over to one of the others sitting around the fire. The one she placed her hand on stood up and looked around. In a matter of moments, the remaining cat women scattered and returned with things. One handed her a pack, another what looked like a knife. Other things were all given to the smaller cat woman with hugs. Finally, one cat woman came forward and placed a garland of some type of flowers on her head and hugged her.

"That one, lets follow her," John said excitedly.

As the cat woman left the fire circle, John and Steve had to use their night vision gear to follow her. She only moved a couple hundred yards from the others before setting her pack down and using it as a pillow. "First or second watch?" John asked.

"I'll take first watch," Steve replied.

Nodding John laid down and used his rucksack as a lumpy pillow. He woke up to the sound of a fly buzzing his face. For a second he was confused as to why it was morning and then he remembered, Steve must have taken the watch all night. Getting up John went over to where Steve was supposed to be to find him missing. Looking around franticly he noticed that Steve's pack and the radio was also gone.

What should I do now? He wondered. Here he was alone in the middle of the cat women's territory without any means of getting help. While he was wondering, he noticed the cat girl wake up, stretch, and then pick up her pack. As she set off to the north, he followed. If nothing else John was going fulfill his mission and kill the one called the Goddess.

All day long he shadowed her. He kept getting the feeling he was being watched but could never see signs of anyone else. For all he knew she and him were the only two people left in this part of the world. That evening when she stopped and made a small fire, he made camp and ate a small meal. Since Steve ran off with most of the food, John had to be careful with his rations.

All night long he slept fitfully and kept waking to make sure the cat girl was still there. He was up and waiting when the cat girl woke up, ate something from her pack, and headed out. Again like the day before he followed her, stopping when she stopped and started again when she got up. He lost track of the number of days he followed the cat woman as he was not getting a good night's sleep. But he kept following her day in and day out. He even started talking softly to her. When she awoke in the morning, he would say, "Good morning Honey, did you sleep well? No, I didn't sleep well at all. I had to keep an eye on my Honey girl."

One morning John woke to find the cat girl sitting across from him. What had woken him was her saying, "Hello" repeatedly using different inflections and tones of voice. His first reaction was to grab his rifle but the moment his hand touched it he heard a low and evil growl behind him. Slowly he removed his hand and sat up. "Hello," he said in reply.

As the cat girl talked, John had the impression that she had a speech impediment or something like that. Her words were broken and distorted at first. Slowly and over the day her speaking improved but at first it was difficult to understand her.

The cat girl smiled and said "Hello!" her face screwed up in intense concretion as she spoke slowly, "Hard to speak with mouth."

"How do you normally speak," John asked in spite of his fear. He knew what happened when humans came close to the cats; either dead humans or more cats.

"Up here..." the cat girl touched her head.

"Telepathic?" John asked. No wonder other cat women could always find a captive.

The cat girl shrugged her shoulders and replied, "Do not know word... Tell a path ick" She bounced to her feet and pointed towards the north. "Both go same way, walk together?"

Looking up at her John gulped, "Is that allowed? I mean you and I walk together?"

The cat girl giggled, "Sisters say human is bad. Sisters say human hurt me. But I watch, you only follow and sleep bad at night. You not hurt me, I know."

John smiled at her giggle, it was filled with a childlike quality that he had not seen before. "You are right; I will not hurt you." He paused, "My name is John, what's yours?"

"Name? what is name?" she replied looking confused.

"It is a way to address one another. Do you have a name?"

The cat girl crouched down and a look or sorrow crossed her face. "I do not have this name you speak of John."

"How about I call you Honey, would you like that?"

"Honey... like from the bees?" she asked her eyes bright with excitement.

"Yes Honey. Can I call you that?"

The cat girl bounced up and smiled, "My name is Honey!" Bending down she picked up her pack. "Time to go John."

As john stood, he bent to pick up his rifle. He stopped and then looked at Honey, "Can I bring my rifle?"

Honey nodded and looked past him, "Sisters do not trust John...But Honey does. Bring rifle."

As they walked Honey asked a million questions about John and his life. It was not until they stopped that evening that he asked, "How is it you don't seem to know much? Did you live a sheltered life Honey?"

Honey looked at him confused, "I do not know what sheltered life means. John first human Honey has met."

"You mean you were born this way?" he asked shocked. He had no idea that they were able to breed and in the space of a few years reach maturity.

"Of course John, I reach maturity in two months." She giggled and added, "Then Honey can have honey."

"Really? That's nice," he replied. When in doubt always say that's nice, his momma had always told him. Over the next few days John found out more about Honey and the cat women. However most of all he found he liked Honey and her laugher. Whenever she giggled, it caused him to smile also.

It was on their third day together when he was bit by a timber rattler. They were walking tough a roughly wooded area and came up upon a fallen log. Honey danced around the log and then back on the game trail they were following. Shaking his head at her playful ways, he stepped over the log. He heard the warning rattle and strike on his calf at the same time. Figures the damn snake would bite just above his boot he thought as he grunted in pain.

In a heartbeat Honey was past him and pouncing on the snake. Biting it behind the head she killed it and then turned to John, "John hurt," she said worriedly. She pushed him to the ground and then looked at him a long moment. "Goddess says Honey has to cut between holes and suck venom out."

As she ripped his pant leg as if it were made of tissue paper John said, "No Honey. You cannot. I might become infected."

Ignoring him Honey dug through her pack until she found her stone knife. She cut the wound like the Goddess told her. "Goddess say, John worry too much." Despite his prostrations she bent down and sucked as hard as she could. Spitting out the saliva and his salty blood, Honey repeated sucking and spitting until she was exhausted. Finally sitting up she said, "Honey hope John be okay. Sisters come soon with medicine for John."

"Thank you Honey, and thank sisters." He looked at his bleeding leg a moment and then started binding the wound. "I need to rest now."

Honey did not leave John's side as the venom worked its way through his system. The only solid memory of it he had was of his head on her lap as he fought off the chills that filled him. Also he vaguely remembered another cat woman examining him and saying, "You'll live human, friend of the chosen one."

Even though he felt ready to travel after a few days, Honey would not move. She kept saying, "John too weak to travel." Finally, on the fifth day she agreed for them to continue on. For one so childlike in many ways, Honey was as stubborn as a mule when she wanted to be.

"Honey," John said as they continued on. "Was I dreaming or did one of your sisters look at me?"

"Sister was a doctor before she became. She traveled many miles to make sure you would live," Honey replied simply.

"Why?" John asked confused.

"Because Honey asked sister to come," Honey replied smiling.

"Please thank her for me Honey."

"Sister say you are welcome."

"Who is the chosen one?"

Honey stopped so fast that John almost bumped into her. She didn't look at him as she replied, "Is too long to tell now. Honey tell tonight when we stop."

Although he tried to draw her out, the cat woman seemed subdued all day long after he asked that question. By midafternoon he finally gave up and just walked beside her lost in his own thoughts. That evening when they stopped Honey made a fire and dug out the last of her meat. What had started with plenty turned out to not be enough to make it to the Goddess's place. She offered John half of the jerky and said softly, "Tomorrow Honey and John must hunt or no food."

"Okay Honey, tomorrow we hunt together," John said hopping she would be cheered up. Instead she seemed to draw into herself more. "You don't have to tell me about the chosen one, Honey. Please forget I asked."

Honey looked at John and said, "Honey is chosen one, John. Honey was picked out of all the northern clans to go to the Goddess and have her child." She looked down and added, "Then Honey would stay on as one of the Goddess's own clan for the rest of her life."

"You should be proud Honey. I imagine it is a great honor." John said softly, feeling sorry for her. Then he remembered why he was here. He had to kill the Goddess or die trying to stop the war. He opened his mouth several times but ended up remaining silent. What could he tell her to cheer her up? Finally, he went over to where she was sitting and hugged her tightly. "I am happy for you Honey."

Suddenly John was aware of how good she smelled. As she clung to him in a desperate hug he lifted one hand and felt his nose. The plugs! His mind screamed. They were missing. For a moment he was confused. Wasn't the scent of the cat women supposed to drive a man insane with desire? But wait, it didn't do anything for him, not sexually. Honey smelled good yes, but so did countless women wearing perfume. As she released the hug John did also and returned to his side of the fire.

"Honey thanks John, hug felt good."

John nodded, "Yes it did."

The next morning, they decided that Honey would drive a deer or elk his way and then John would shoot it. As she disappeared into the woods ahead he loaded the hefty rifle. He made a note to make a head shot, anything else then the .50 cal bullet would leave little to eat. Also he would have to remember to brace himself, as the sniper rifle had a kick like a mule. On the other hand, it has as a flat trajectory as you could ask for up to four thousand yards.

Seeing a movement and a flash of color, John lifted the rifle and looked through the scope. He quickly found Honey darting back and forth forcing something his way. As she got closer he saw it was an elk that was wounded. A movement caught his eye behind Honey and he swung the riffle to see what it was. "HONEY!" John screamed as a Kodiak bear reared on its hind legs right behind her. Centering on the head he pulled the first trigger and then the second. The rifle roared and shot out a flame four feet long.