River Ch. 01

Story Info
The beginning.
1.6k words
4.07
11.7k
9
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
InkWolfe
InkWolfe
10 Followers

This is a new, fresh start for me. I will not be continuing Wicked, I cannot find out how to remove it, but this is my fresh start. Voting and feedback are wonderful; I thank you if you do one or both. This story has been stuck in my head for a while- the characters running back and forth throughout my brain. I'll stop babbling and let you read the story! Thank you for reading!

This story, its characters, settings and references are copyright to Inkwolf@Literotica.com. Reposts will not be tolerated without permission. References to any actual persons- living or dead and places are entirely coincidental.

An editor was not used so any mistakes are mine!

CHAPTER ONE

I was a woman trying to balance work and life at once. It was a difficult job. Being a forensic scientist, I occasionally had to work odd hours and see death regularly. I was not one of those forensic scientists who made other new techies run down to the morgue to get something from them, nor did I bother to use a Vicks when down there. Death was death, the dead persons usually couldn't help that they were once alive and when they died, their flesh rotted. It wasn't their fault they stank and their flesh changed color. I had a lab partner named Troy Robey who seemed nice, but was quiet, usually didn't talk. He just watched and did what you told him to. He had been there before I was and he was always respectful but quiet. Almost all of the women would do anything errand- wise to get a glance at Troy. He was powerful, didn't flaunt his quiet strength. Troy was about six feet and a half tall, with military short jet black hair and the most beautiful eyes. His eyes were pure, white- blue, with a ring of silver around the iris. They were a cold blue but a beautiful blue. His shoulders were wide and powerful; the tight muscle shirts he wore showed an outline of his mouthwatering looking abs and rippling biceps. I could never have him. Ever. I wasn't a woman he wouldn't dream of being with. I was five foot three and a half, curly caramel hair, very dark brown eyes, seventy five percent deaf in the low frequency range and I was trying to get rid of a growing fat roll. I always looked tired, didn't wear makeup, and wore running shoes. Compared to the other women in the office that he could have, I was a speck on his perfect shirt. Besides, he was already dating Sabrina, the office bitch. Sabrina had clawed her way to the top in the office, and let everyone know Troy was hers. *Especially* me because I worked with him. I recall an earlier conversation:

"He's mine. You can never have him, you ugly dumpy thing. Compared to me, you're nothing," Sabrina had said, looking me straight in the eye.

"Great, he's yours. You can have him. He's a mute and he can't use a microscope," I snippily replied.

"Good. I'm glad we're clear. You wear those hideous Asics, that freakin' North Carolina Zoo T-shirt and those ripped, paint stained jeans, and you'll be alone your whole life. At least I can wear a dress, put on some make up and heels," With that comment, she'd left. I knew I shouldn't have let that bitch get the upper hand on me, but I went home and cried. I was unsure of myself, shy, chubby. I didn't know how to get a man's attention- I never would. Sabrina was right. When a man looked at me, I blushed and looked away. I wish my backbone was stronger, maybe I could be a better person. That night, after I cried, I ate an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Cherry Garcia. I wanted to purge, but didn't, knowing that would just make it worse. I was lonely, frightened, had a low self- esteem, was seventy five percent deaf in the low frequency range and I didn't know what to do.

I was at work, focused on a brain sample under the microscope. Sabrina was in the lab, purring at Troy.

"You know what I want tonight, stud," Sabrina's voice dripped lethal honey.

"Mmhm, sweetheart," The only time Troy spoke was to everyone but me. His voice caused me to shiver and liquid heat to burst between my legs. After work I usually went home, walked the dog and fed it, made and ate supper, took a shower, watched TV and then touched myself until I came about two times and then fell asleep. I was worried that I would never live up to a man's expectations. I come twice, and then I fall asleep. Hardly worth anything. I turned off my hearing aids to block out Sabrina and Troy and continued to work. I watched them from the reflection in my microscope. Sabrina was caressing Troy's chest, nuzzling his throat. Hot tears stung my eyes as I watched them. That bitch was so lucky! I willed the tears not to fall as I turned and got the victim's tongue out of a jar. I walked over to Sabrina and Troy and held the tongue up between their faces.

"Eeeeew! Oh my god! Ew!" Sabrina was out of the lab in an instant. I couldn't help my cat ate the canary grin as I watched her run away. When I looked up, Troy was staring right at me. I almost ran off to my microscope. He looked pissed. Really pissed. I took a deep breath and went for it.

"Could you please keep the theatrics with her out of the lab?" I asked politely.

"You're contaminating federal evidence," Was his reply as he walked out of the lab, most likely to go comfort Sabrina. I broke. I put the tongue back in its jar and went to the lab bathroom and collapsed. I sat there with a long sheet of paper towel and sobbed quietly. When I was done, I stared unseeingly at the sink. I was sitting on the dirty floor by the toilet. I really was in ruins. I don't know how long I sat there, unseeing, unblinking. A soft knock on the door and then:

"Alaysa?" Troy sounded worried.

"Go the fuck away Sabrina ass- kisser," I snapped. The doorknob rattled several times and then the door opened and hit me. He'd picked the lock.

"What's up?" He came into the bathroom, closed the door and sat across from me.

"Nothing. Go get on with your perfect life and dreams of a perfect family. Go marry Sabrina, have your white picket fence life with your two sons and your perfect two- story house and dog while I live the rest of my life alone with my not perfect dog and my TV," I said dully.

"I just broke up with Sabrina," He replied quietly. We sat there quietly, unmoving.

"We should get back to work," I jumped up, walked past Troy and to the sink. I was splashing water on my face when Troy grabbed my wrist. Uh oh.

"What is this?" He sounded upset as he examined the long scars and healing cuts on my left arm.

"None of your business," I jerked my arm away from him and walked out of the bathroom.

"What's going on? I'm your lab partner and I have a right to know," He said, following me.

"Why? You never cared before. Why now?" I replied, reexaming the brain tissue under the microscope. He grabbed me shoulders, spun me around to face him, and held me in place so I wouldn't take off again.

"Because I just realized you really were a person, in my lab, helping me with my microscope. Sabrina is a scaredy dull witch and I definitely don't want to be with her for the rest of my life. I realized who she really is when you stuck that preserved tongue in her face. She doesn't have a heart. You do. I feel horrible, knowing I've been ignoring you all this time and not giving you one damn bit of attention. Look at me," He gently grasped my chin and raised my face to his.

"Get the heck off," I batted his hand away. He gripped my chin harder.

"No. Hear me out, I was an ass. I'm sorry. I don't blame you for chasing Sabrina off. I know what she said to you in this lab two months ago. It was cruel and nasty and I didn't want to be with her any more. But I fell into her charm again and stayed with her when I shouldn't have. You've probably been bitter towards us since then, maybe even before. I never took your feelings into consideration and I'm sorry," He looked sorry. But I couldn't trust him. He'd never said one word to me before. He never'd looked at me before, even. I was backed into a corner, scared and afraid at this new direction, so I lashed out.

"Nice to meet you Sherlock," I said tartly trying, in vain, to push him away. He let out a low growl and pushed me up against the counter. I flailed helplessly, trapped against his wonderful body. Dear gosh, he smelled amazing. I gave myself a mental shake. Don't focus on that! I screamed at myself. "You think you can just hop from one woman's bed to another? Well that's not the truth. I won't be your next doormat. Go find someone else. You get bored with Sabrina so you turn to me. Real nice, Robey."

"We can take it slower. I do realize I am 'hitting' on you after I just got rid of Sabrina, but trust me, I want you, not her," Troy almost made me wet myself when he nibbled on my ear. He'd winced at the word 'hitting.'

Someone cleared their throat behind us. I looked around Troy and saw it was the Board Director. My blood curdled, froze. I'd just lost my job.

InkWolfe
InkWolfe
10 Followers