Rolling Thunder

Story Info
3rd BCT in action under Major Abner Espinosa.
1.4k words
4.22
8.3k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers

Rolling Thunder

3rd BCT

Hazier, a 28 year old commander of the 3rd BCT flick his wrist to the left as the turret of his Puma command CFV whirled into position. He locked onto an insurgent's PT-91 Main Battle Tank, his thumb depressed onto the button that let out a burst of 30mm cannon fire from the Puma's main cannon. The Rim-Cat CFV's SABOT rounds found their mark detonating the first tank kill of the 3rd BCT, again Abner Espinosa swung the turret of his combat vehicle acquiring a new target and letting loose another burst of 30mm cannon shells. This time a BRD-3 took the brunt of the attack, each round detonated and engulfed the unfortunate combat vehicle of the enemy force by fire exploding sending out heaps of molten scrap metal in all direction.

"Armored force, flank them," Major Abner Espinosa shouted over his comm.

Hazier's driver swung the combat vehicle to the left as the main guns rattle bust after burst against two more armored vehicles of the insurgency. The two enemy vehicles burst into flames as their interior were blown to pieces from Abner's SABOT rounds. Leopard 2A6EX, Puma CFVs, Boxer APCs, and Fenneks scout-cars utilize their speed, mobility, and firepower against their foes. The troopers of under Hazier's command followed his orders and started to flank the enemy insurgents from the left and right flank.

"Leo's spearhead the attack," Hazier barked his command.

17 Rim-Cat tanks formed a V and started to punch through their foe's position from the front, their 124mm cannons and machineguns blazes blowing up fortified bunkers, PT-91 tanks, BMP-3, BTR-3, and BMD-3 armored fighting vehicles of the insurgent forces. From above the support of the missiles and 155mm howitzers materializes raining down at the enemy now in a state of confusion from the attack of the 3rd BCT.

"Aim howitzers at point 566223," Caliber bellowed his orders on his satellite communication gear, "Fire!"

Six 155mm howitzers known as the PzH 2000 fired their guns, as the guns boom, the ground shook. Every five seconds another round was fired from the massive guns, near the self-propelled howitzers, the two MARS medium artillery rocket systems released its load of missiles streaking towards their target from afar.

A few miles away, the 3rd BCT fought on as their artillery support falls on top of their foes. Havoc, chaos, and confusion sets in the side of the insurgents, while Hazier and his troops fought on finding them as an easy target that ever can be.

"Infantry, disembark and clear the area," Abner cued in the ground troopers of his battalion combat team.

Thirty-six Boxer APCs discharged their cargo of six-man teams, the infantry swept forward under the support of every armored vehicle under the banner of the 3rd BCT. Each trooper eager to for blood, they aimed their hand held weapons at the disorganized insurgents and opened fire. Explosions and the sound of gunfire echoes throughout the southern Ankarian Desert, the enemy ground troops of the insurgency were ripped to pieces by the combined arms attack. However, the insurgents started to reorganize and prepare for a counter-attack.

Anti-tank missiles streaked from hidden positions aimed at the Leopard MBTs.

"Incoming missiles," a tanker warned seeing the display from his HUD.

"Activate the counter-measures," immediately the missile defense system was turned on.

Chaffs were shot out from the tank's dispenser confusing the oncoming missiles, finally the tank veered to the left avoiding being hit by the deadly shoulder fired weapon.

"Infantry, take care of the hand held missiles," said Hazier.

Immediately, teams were dispatched to hunt down the gunners of the anti-tank missiles. The insurgents have waited for such an event and laid down their RPK fire at the rushing infantry troops. One out of three of the infantry teams fall victim from the machineguns of the insurgency. Realizing the trap, Abner shook his head.

"Tanks and Puma's support infantry attack," he gave the order and targeted the nearest machinegun nest.

His 30mm cannon burst into life as SABOT rounds took out the gunner and his assistant, swinging the turret again, he found another RPK emplacement. Again his Puma's main gun took care of the machinegun crew, tearing the flesh of the two insurgents before he stopped pressing the gun button.

"Damn this is so fucking fun," Abner blurted out enjoying his killing spree.

From hidden positions unknown to the 3rd BCT infantry troops, insurgents with RPG-18 and other shoulder launched anti-missiles got out of their holes and fired at the armored vehicles in close range. A tank was attacked five times before being finally hit and the sixth missile spelled doom to the armored juggernaut, the same technique was repeated over and over again while the Rim-Cat infantry troops regrouped and attacked the new threat effectively. Snipers took pot shot at the gunners, while machinegun toddling troopers raked the insurgent armed RPG-18s. Though the enemy started a good counter-attack tactic, it was checked by quick thinking and the adaptability of the Rim-Cat troopers. The last team of RPG armed insurgents were blown to pieces by a Leopard 2A6EX Main Battle Tank's canister round from its 125mm main cannon. Nothing remains of the unfortunate team but scattered pieces of flesh and blood.

"Major, we just lost 3 tanks, 4 Pumas, 8 Boxers, and 48 infantry troopers."

Abner quickly scanned his information screen and made a judgment call.

"Keep up the attack," he replied, "They have to break soon."

The gallant men of Hazier's battalion combat team persevered and fought on, most of the troopers and vehicles are now nearly out of ammunition. Twenty percent of ammunition is left from the vehicles and on the troops on the ground, despite their lack of new supplies. The 3rd BCT followed through and is true to the culture of Asian soldiery. Every shot was fired in certainty and the insurgents started to feel the tingle in their spine as defeat finally loomed over them.

"Make each shot count men," Abner advised his troops, "Don't waste your ammo."

Major Abner Espinosa fired a short burst of the Puma's 30mm cannon, the explosions took out a group of six insurgents aiding the infantry from their task.

"They're running major," reported an infantry officer.

"Great! Caliber, hurl in some more of your arty will you."

"The shells are on its way Hazier."

Shells after shells landed on the fleeing insurgents and finally a makeshift white flag was waved.

"All units cease fire," commanded Abner, "those bastards want to surrender."

Cautiously the infantry made their way towards the surrendering men, their faces says everything, tired, confused, and defeated. The troopers of Hazier's 3rd BCT started to coral the prisoners as the coalition soldiers collected them from the Rim-Cats and a smile finally registered upon Major Abner Espinosa's face.

"Southern Sector secured," reported Hazier.

"Copy that and good job Abner," replied Ken from headquarters.

"Not really we lost people and vehicles."

"I know, I just got the report a few minutes ago," answered Kenshiro "Ken" Dima'uga.

"Sector secured and that is the most important aspect Ken."

"I'll see to it that your losses will be replaced Abner."

"Copy that Ken."

Hazier relaxed and let out a sigh of relief that this battle is over for him and his 3rd BCT, he closed his eyes and hums a well known tune from Linkin Park called What I've Done.

"Abner, at least you earned having that girl with you after all of this mess," Sam said to him.

"Yea I know," he replied.

"It's good to be alive."

"Yep it surely is good to be alive, Sam."

The day's fighting has ended and in Major Abner Espinosa's mind, all he wanted now is to get his Fatima with him. Sam is right, he have earned what was given to him the night before. It has cost him over a task force in manpower and combat vehicles, but to him the life of a mercenary is always surrounded by danger and death. At least he can rest for the time being. All that is left for him to do is to keep the area secure from any insurgent activity. Unknown to most of the Rim-Cats, the 3rd BCT came up and survived the insurgents trained and led by Parthian Special Forces. In the region such troops were feared for their fighting abilities and prowess. It is the 3rd BCT and major Abner Espinosa who have dealt a blow to the pride of the Parthian military and soon the Mercenary Armored Regiment known as the Rim-Cats will find out what they have done and how the Parthians will want to avenge the hurt done to them by Abner and his 3rd BCT.

TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers