Roses Red

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Since we are well fortified, we wait for Zephlanith and his legion to attack. That attack comes early the next morning.

The legion rolls in in waves; one group after another. The archers fire upon the undead, but it seems to not have much of an effect on them. Ladders are thrown up against the wall, helping the undead to filter their way over the walls. The archers fall under the attack and are of no use against the invaders.

Seeing the men fight and fall in vain, I order Roses Red to the front. We battle the undead, saving as many of the archers that we can. Knocking the ladders down seem like a useless task. For every one that falls, another two are put up in their place.

I made a hard decision at that moment.

"We go over the wall!" I yell.

My fellow knights, without any objections, follow my orders and take to the ladders themselves. If we can't keep the horde off the wall from the top, we will do so from the bottom.

The armed citizens follow us, seeing that with the mass of the horde against us, the battle will not rule in our favor. We gain ground against the legion and hold it. Yet, every time a citizen or knight falls, Zephlanith uses his magical power to bring their lifeless corpses back to life.

It is now midday and even I am beginning to tire. The sun pours its heat onto the battle field, causing the rotting flesh to overwhelm us with its stench. Sweat pours down my face, washing away blood, guts and brains.

Throughout the battle I hope to find Zephlanith himself. Never once have I spotted him over the endless ocean of undead until I see Gaspar on the ridge to my left. He is locked in battle with Zephlanith, their swords crossed, both at an impasse.

I prepare myself and start to run in their direction. I hope Gaspar can hold out until I reach them. As I run, I cut down effortlessly any undead that stand in my path.

I reach the bottom of the ridge nearly and am there when I am tackled from behind. I feel claws cut deep into my back. I cry out in agony, feeling blood pour down my legs. Hot breath rolls onto the back of my neck and all I can focus on is reaching my sword. Claws dig into my shoulder, sending waves of pain through my body.

I can feel the creature rearing back, ready to bite when suddenly the weight of it is pulled off of me. I roll onto my back to see Tadeo standing over me. The undead wolf struggles in his hand. Growling and snapping at him.

"You look like you need some help," he says with a chuckle.

I throw him a smirk as he reaches with his free hand and rips the beast's head off. He throws the wolf aside then reaches down to help me up. As soon as I get my feet, I fall under surprise. Tadeo sees the expression on my face, it saying all the words he needs to hear.

He quickly turns, catching two more undead wolves as they leap at him. All three go to the ground rolling. "Go! Help Gaspar!" he yells.

My mission is Zephlanith. Tadeo can handle himself, but it is Gaspar we both are worried for. I take the hill to the top of the ridge as fast as my legs will take me. When I reach the top I am relieved to see Gaspar is still holding his own.

Gaspar sees me first, but I can assume Zephlanith senses me long before now. He throws me a wink and presses harder against the demon. At that moment, I can tell Zephlanith is holding back. With lightning speed, the demon weaves his sword, slipping past Gaspar's defenses and into his stomach.

He pulls the sword from Gaspar, letting the man drop to the ground and slowly turns to me. My beautiful daughter Roselyn, here to kill me.

"Your reign of terror in my land will end here today!" I yell. I feel strangely defiant at that moment.

Doubtful. Even as powerful as you are, you have yet to unlock your full potential. You don't stand a chance of defeating me.

"I will take you to hell with me if need be!"

I draw my sword and attack. I spent my entire life practicing my sword fighting, but nothing could prepare me for the challenge I face now before me. Each time our swords hit my arms feel like rubber. His strength is so great and soon dread begins swelling inside of me.

You have no chance to win child. Surrender to me and I can help you unlock you power. Together we can rule over these worthless humans.

"Never!" I grunt.

My sword is locked with his as I strain to hold back the force of his blade. My attention is so focused on holding him at bay, I never see the attack to my legs.

I fall hard, slamming my head on a rock. Blackness surrounds me briefly; my sword falls away from my grasp. When my head clears and my vision returns, Zephlanith stands over me.

I feel a slight prick against my neck. I dare not move my neck in fear of his sword piercing even deeper into my throat. This is your last chance. Do not dare think I will not kill my own daughter for her defiance!

"You've waited for too long for this day Zephlanith!"

Father Mortigan stands there, sword in hand. He stands there with defiance but unmoving. I never knew him to be anything of a fighter, only a scholar.

The blade moves away from my throat as Zephlanith turns his back on me to face Mortigan. Quickly, I take the distraction to look for my sword, but to no avail I don't see it.

You shouldn't have interfered Mortigan. From the beginning you have been a thorn in my side. Nothing you do today can delay the inevitable.

"Today is the day your tyranny ends with the ending of your life," he says calmly.

He lifts the sword and charges. Just from the way he moves I know his plan isn't to survive the attack. As Zephlanith's sword comes up, Mortigan releases his grip on his sword, letting it sail through the air toward me.

I don't know if Zephlanith caught on to the plan or not, but his strike was already committed. Father Mortigan's head rolls off his shoulders as I catch the sword. Zephlanith lets his momentum carry him full spin to face me. My sword is already in motion, piercing deep into his chest as he faces me. Shock overshadows his face at the unexpected blow.

A smile forms on my face as I take pride in his defeat. That pride ultimately becomes my undoing. With his last effort, his sword perforates me. Seems I'll be taking you to hell with me.

Before my death I shed one final tear, not for me but for Father Mortigan. In that final moment I regret the vow I made.

I close my eyes, never to open them again.

The undead legion losing the power held over them by Zephlanith fades with his death. Like a crumbling tower, the undead fall leaving the field a mass of bones and flesh.

Tadeo finds his way to the ridge soon after the battle ends. He carries our bodies back to the city below. The fallen members of Roses Red are declared heroes and we are buried in a special tomb built for Roses Red long ago.

Roses Red continued protecting the queen and country for many long years since the battle with Zephlanith until eventually fading into history along with the battle.

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Erm... This shouldn't be on a SEX STORY website... You realise that don't you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

not erotic but still a good little story

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Labyrinth Breed Selene succumbs to the Minotaur's breeding frenzy.in NonHuman
Two Men in the Boat Lonely housewife finds passion with her neighbors.in Group Sex
All or Nothing A woman makes a bet with a stranger, her body the prize.in Exhibitionist & Voyeur
Best Ever Erotic Halloween Party The most wonderful Halloween party ever!in Group Sex
Community Theater Amateur actress is cast as a stripper.in Exhibitionist & Voyeur
More Stories