Rousting a Recluse

Story Info
Take a plunge to take a chance.
24.5k words
4.63
39.9k
70
41
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

©Copyright2018 Old Brigantine

This is only my second story ever written since 80's Freshman-Comp. I'm an Engineer so I tend to get techno detailed and opinionated, hope it does not distract from the story, too much. Some of the items in the story are real, some embellished, and some fantasies. This story is a romantic wish. If you seek lurid sex then this story is not for you -- I allude to sex but I leave the details to your imagination -- often less is more. All names, likenesses, and locations are fictitious.

Can't find an editor so it's MS-Word and me. Enjoy OB!

************************************

I was sitting at my desk in my home office gazing out the window onto a frozen northern Wisconsin lake. My office stereo is softly playing my selected MP3's; rat-pack jazz, Gordon Lightfoot, Carpenters, Bublé and Dark Side of the Moon, as the snow began to fall.

Watching another perfect snowfall, no wind, BIG fat flakes that wobble and seesawed their slow dance to the ground. For me watching this type of snowfall is mesmerizing almost hypnotic. It gets me reflecting upon my life with its numerous woes, foes, regrets, and triumphs.

Reflecting on my life's three major triumphs; first: surviving Vietnam, second: blessed with a healthy baby boy, and third: five years ago I won a serious Lotto. Not grandiose but more than big enough for me. The cash-out was $36.7M, after taxes I got just under $19.5M.

The next day I gave notice with the contract company I had been working for the past year a whole state away from my actual home. I only went home on major holidays to keep the honey-do list reasonable. I remained where I was until I could line up all the Domino's then execute. I just changed my consulting focus from engineering into making money with money. The biggest single item I need to orchestrate is how to collect my winnings 'anonymously' without my wife's awareness, for now. As far as she knew I was still engineering.

That lotto changed everything for me -- life was NOW to be lived on MY terms. I can NOW flip the world the bird, smile, and walk away on my own path. The best part of this life-change is getting 'legally separated' from my wife. I gave her $2M to go live away from me, forever, and if she wanted more I'll donate it to Shriners Children's Hospital (or move to another country, more than likely). Her cheating ass will never get another penny.

I planned to use a million to establish my retirement world and setup an offshore LLC with offshore accounts keeping the IRS, SEC, etc. and my wife away from my loot.

I did not divorce her as I did not want to give the courts any power to force me into giving her more. I resolved to never marry again, so no big deal. My Will gives my son everything!

Why do I despise that manipulative bitch called 'wife'? After our son's birth she began trying to control me by withholding sex until I gave into her 'what-ever' demands she had at the moment. A couple of years after Danny was born in one of her rages I found out just how deep her disrespect was.

In one of her tirades, she told me she got her tubes tied and at the same time aborted our daughter. With that disclosure I stopped playing her games and in affect cut what little sex life I had off with that bitch -- I will not cheat but she sure did. I suspected not long after Danny was born she was cheating. Having Danny gave me the focus that got me through life in enduring and tolerating her numerous betrayals.

I would not leave as I created a lifelong obligation, my son. AND the courts always side with a mother even if she is an adulterous slut especially in a judicial libturd no-fault state. I did not have money for a custody fight. Oh I had the evidence of her numerous affairs, pictures, videos, and more but I could not take the chance of loosing Danny. I endured her for Danny and just became comfortably complacent, progressively lonelier, and increasingly aloof - towards her. You know I cannot remember if she ever gave me a passionate kiss, sad.

Years later when DNA could yield paternity answers I had to answer a nagging question having Danny and myself DNA tested. This test confirmed Danny is my son, my blood (but even if Danny was not of my blood he would always be my son).

I stopped partaking all family gatherings soon after Danny went into the service out of high school. Over the years, I got so depressed that I wished for the day I would never wake up, until I won this Lotto. Yes, winning a Lottery is a life-altering event it gives you the power to make choices and restores HOPE!

CYA

Just in case she tried a secret divorce filing on me to get at my money, I quickly moved most all the winnings into offshore accounts via aliases. I kept less than a half-million in-my-name within US banks. (FDIC only insures $100K per account -- so I spread it around). As part of my strategy to safeguard my bootie and pay minimal capital gains taxes, I created a trail of offsetting financial losses.

I lost lots of money each year playing online video poker against an established private five-member poker table (except all table players were 'me' using six different offshore fake named accounts). This helped offset any reported earnings or transfers into my US bank accounts that became taxable and under the eyes of the IRS (ya, I might be a drug lord). The overseas internet game providers did not care who was who as long as they got their cut of the game winnings and transfer fees.

What no one will ever know (except Danny) is that I got into Bitcoin early (~$1K/coin), invested $250K. It has soared since then earning many multiple millions in a short period. Now, my LLC uses Bitcoin as the fiat in purchasing stocks, bonds, and shares -- very nicely untraceable.

I now spend a few hours four days a week on my investments -- since it is online I can physically be anyplace in the world that has high-speed internet connection as I use a rolling 512bit double encryption synchronized fob-coder to my offshore LLC with VPN server. Outside of Bitcoin and Berkshire-Hathaway, my returns on investments have been better that 21% each year -- damn good if I do say so. I do not invest in my name but in the LLC name (that I'm sole proprietor). My LLC uses offshore banks to kill paper trails -- cannot be too safe now days. Is it risky, sure, if you do not do research or allow emotions or BS cloud your judgment. If you ask intelligent questions, do solid research, purchase good data and learn from your successes/mistakes the risks are minimized and profits maximized. Numeral Uno is strip away personal emotions go with your gut but not an emotional gut! If it is a good deal today it will be a good or better deal tomorrow take your time thinking it over but don't procrastinate into stagnation.

Now my money is beyond any family, wife, or lawyer intrusions. If anything should happen to me my son, who is the only other officer in my LLC, gets it all. My LLC lawyer will inform my son when that sad day arrives and give him full title to my LLC and a key to an offshore bank safe-deposit box that has my personal video-letters to him, for his eyes only, and a very special encrypted USB thumb drive.

I've already clued Danny into what he will inherit, in general terms. We went on a father-son business vacation trip just after I won the lotto to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, and Switzerland to register him into my businesses and establish his own personal accounts. I made sure he does not know all of my LLC details so he will never have to lie to his mother, when she prods him (often) or the Feds if their greedy claws come after me.

The only thing I've asked Danny to do (besides keeping our LLC a secret) is to get a degree in Business focusing on investments, accounting, and tax law. I will pay for it all, at any college of his choosing, all the tutor fees, and give him a stipend to cover his living expenses while in school. However, I can lead that mule (Danny) to water but will he drink -- ya, he's a lot like me, stubborn as hell, with serious pride behind a big heart.

Chalet on da Lake

I now enjoy being an anonymous no-one recluse, an almost-hermit, on my twenty-acre lake cabin property behind a locked gate that has no name on it but the road number. The +250 acre kidney shaped lake is relatively private with only four other cabins on it and no more properties available. My closest lake neighbor is well over a half mile away through dense woods. I cannot see his place and he cannot see mine. Across the near half-mile wide lake I can see two cabins. I've been told I'm thee only all-year four-season resident on the lake. All others live in Ill-noise being fair weather summer users (da Bears still SUCK!).

I love my cabin with its out buildings (five door garage/workshop, boathouse, and well/generator shed). I have three 75' crank-up antenna towers to place and test my various antenna designs.

I built a two-story outhouse placed at my driveway entrance in full view of the road. It is my salute to Congress (State & USA); the second floor 'moon door' is labeled "for Working Americans ONLY" directly below on the bottom floor 'star door' labeled "for Congress & Hollywood ONLY" (the mock outhouse is really a multi-apartment bird/bat house). I am positive all but Congress and Hollywood gets-it even with the door signs being over-sized making them easily read from the road. Occasionally I hear car horn toot from the road near the outhouse -- a salute.

I designed my two-story log cabin as a basic H layout with the center being two stories with steep pitched metal roofs/dormers that is very comfortable (with +R29 insulation). Large lake viewing triple-pane glass cathedral windows over sliding doors bracket my center living room fireplace. The two sides of the H house have my office-HAM-shack to the east/right side of the house facing the lake with my bedroom/gym suite behind the office facing the road. Opposite west/left side of the house is a big kitchen/dining room facing the lake with the maid/guest suites behind the kitchen/pantry facing the road. The dining room and my office protrude towards the lake creating a sheltered partially covered patio in the middle with the house fireplace outside having a built-in patio grill. The dining room and my office have a triple-pane glass wall facing the lake and all big windows having HVAC vents minimizing inside condensation fogging. The patio has a fire pit and an above ground Jacuzzi.

I live on the first floor with guest bedrooms, storage, and entertainment area on the second floor, towards the front of the cabin. The second floor overlooks the open cathedral living room facing the lake. My cabin is on the south side of the lake on a slight 50' rise to the lake. The cabin driveway wanders about ⅓ mile to the county road with the gate end weaving through 100' of solid pine trees. I demand, love, and relish my privacy. Beyond the obvious tranquility of this property on an almost private lake the county road is the route for the area high-speed fiber-optic internet/TV. What more does a techno hermit need?

It is not that I hate people it is just in my life I have found that everyone has an agenda and I loathe willfully stupid people or inconsiderate users. If you accommodate their agenda you are a good guy and liked but if you willfully seek a different path you lack understanding and caring. When asked why and you're honest you're tagged as an unfriendly arrogant jerk. Behind your back, you're now labeled an asshole and usually shunned.

I was trained to be an asshole in the Navy by much bigger assholes than me. It took lots of effort and I do not want to waste all that hard work. I have never been nor will I be a sheep. I hold patriotism, honor, duty, trust and fidelity very high which goes hand in hand with being a Master Mason. I will trust you until I find out otherwise and then I'll minimize all association with you, in effect, you are no longer worth my time or considerations. Yup, I'm not politically correct just too honest and have the guts to tell you.

My Girl-Friday

Janet my lifesaver. I happened upon her while I was living at an area hotel while my cabin was being built at the lake. Janet was my favorite waitress at the local greasy-spoon. Actually, the restaurant's food was quite good (as they had liver-n-onions w/home-fries) so I was a regular patron, like every day.

Janet was 29, very cute 5'2" brunette (reminding me of Barbie Benton), the girl next-door cheerleader type, but very well proportioned, not fat nor skinny. Her endearing quality is her bubbly lighthearted outgoing personality and her smile. And did I say she is gorgeous that can create lust in any normal male? Yup, huba-huba! She always has a bright smile and a kind word behind a feisty nature and quick wit. She can dish the shit back to any guy who dares give it. As well as put any guy on his heels if they get too forward with her!

One morning I came in for a late breakfast I notice Janet was limping. Her make-up could not hide the black eye or swollen lip. I've been eating in the diner for months and got to know all of staff and owners quite well. Janet was always friendly to this gruff old curmudgeon putting a smile on my face, every day. Actually, I came to see her bright cheery face and get some of her quick-witted bantering. At this moment in my life I feared a relationship and in some way I felt I did not deserve a relationship. I sure did not want to contaminate this beautiful young lady that was nearly half my age but I sure enjoyed our verbal jousting and the sightseeing of her.

When I saw her injured, my heart sagged. I asked her if she was in a car accident? Janet said no, she fell -- that was BS. A little later the owner's wife, Marcella, making a coffee refill round clued me in. Janet's now Ex-boyfriend beat her due to she would not share herself with his drunken poker party buddies.

Immediately, an epiphany hit me on how to rescue Janet from this shithead and make my life so much better. I asked Marcella to have Janet take her break at my table. Janet arrived moments later and I asked her if she felt OK? She said she was good but I could see the pain in her eyes.

Janet I need your help - then began laying out my problem.

I need a girl-Friday that will be my maid, cook, personal-assistant, and confidant, some travel might be required. She will live in my maids-suite within my home (complete with lockable doors). This suite is on the opposite side of my living area behind the kitchen. Friday will have the run of my home and lake except for my office or bedroom. Friday's hours will be 0800-1800, give-or-take, and will have weekends off providing she has ready to reheat meals in the reefer for me. Friday may have overnight visitors providing I do not see or hear said visitors. I will pay Friday $75K per year and all expenses. (I was winging this as I went but the big point I wanted to convey is this is NOT for sex nor do I expect sex.) Her scowl turned to a bright endearing smile. Then I asked if she knew of any one that might want a job like this? She asked if this job came with benefits. I said one week PTO up front and I'll add Friday to my insurance policies. I saw hesitancy in her thinking face. Oh, I forgot to mention I'll cover any local college cost if Friday wanted to obtain her degree.

That sealed the deal and she jumped up hugging me placing a big kiss on my cheek. Telling me "look no more, I'm your Friday!" That was a start of employment with a sweet young lady. Marcella feigned being pissed at me but knew it was great opportunity for Janet.

Later I confirmed how sexy Janet is when she went swimming and sunning in a bikini, my Johnson tried to take a peak and I had to retreat into my office. Wow, she was sexy. Janet was just trapped in this small-ville USA with not many ways out having no family to help her.

Janet moved into her suite by the end of the week. Her first walk thru her new office - she broke down crying - scaring the shit out of me. She said my log cabin home was her dream home with the all new kitchen and appliance a woman could ever want - it is to die for. She loved being here and I loved having her here. Beyond being eye candy she is a great cook and very bright. Man can she throw sneaky slippery witticisms via double entendres at me, often I'd miss it until sometime later. When she saw I got it, she would yell "gotcha", bursting into contagious laughter (at my expense). Our bantering was a never-ending endearing fun between us.

But if those witty barbs are the cost of no more doing laundry, making beds, cleaning, buying groceries, preparing/cooking food, and taking out the garbage -- I truly enjoyed my comfortable reclusive semi-retirement. Friday also screened my phone calls and booked my/our travel, hotel reservations, and kept my calendar. It was GREAT!

One of the first things I did was get her a new 4WD SUV to replace her old rust bucket clunker and of course I gave her a house credit card for house expenses including her SUV gas. She was happy and that made me happy.

I made her a deal that if she got me to lose 100lbs she would get a tax-free cash $100K bonus. But that did not mean she could starve me or harangue me about sticking to my exercise schedule (which did please her). I shall have one Martini after five every day and that's not negotiable.

The Intruder

Just over a month after Janet became Friday her Ex-boyfriend tracked her down and wanted her back. It was all caught on my inside-outside surveillance video system as he was clearly trespassing then breaking & entry. He found a patio door unlocked entering the cabin at 0315 AM in search of Janet. Really really dumb mistake!!!

Did I tell you about Brutus and Cassius, NO? Well, what this stupid intruder did not check for a Brutus or a Cassius -- which have the run of the cabin and property via their own doors in the kitchen door. Brutus is a 3 year old ~150 lb. black Lab/German-Sheppard/Rottweiler mixed mutt and Cassius is a Jack-Russell/Beagle mixed mutt. Surprisingly they are not yappers, rather they are STEALTH and very protective of their territory. Usually Cassius is the announcer but only when Brutus has the intruder under control or in chase. For whatever reason Brutus has attached himself to Janet and often sleeps in her room and Cassius sleeps in my bed. They both love getting warm bath/showers and good brushings -- ya they are totally spoiled. Brutus is trained for personal protection on key words unless he senses fear from Janet or I.

I'm sure you have figured out what happened next..... Cassius woke the cabin while Brutus had the Ex-boyfriend on the kitchen floor with his jaws clamped around this intruder's throat/neck looking at me, pleading with me for the 'kill' command. I was holding my Colt™1911 willing this Ex to reach for his Glock™, lying near him on the floor, but I knew Brutus would have snapped his neck first.

911 the Sheriff and did not let Brutus retreat until the Deputies were present and took control of the intruder at gunpoint (both Deputies were laughing at how stupid this Ex is and praised Brutus while drinking a cup of Janet's fine coffee while the Ex was cuffed in the cruisers back seat). Of course I pressed charges and told my lawyer to go for maximum pain. The idiot boyfriend brought a gun that added serious years to his sentencing. He got only 3yrs for trespassing, B&E and attempted burglary then 10yrs for being armed. Major stupid thing this idiot did while cuffed by the Deputy in my home was to try to flea while threatening to kill the damn mutt and everyone in my cabin - that got him a few more years and one hell of a bruise to his shin from a PR-24. It also got him a 10yr 1000ft protection warrant (restraining order) placed against him from my property, Janet's person, and me upon his prison release.