Running out of Love

Story Info
She cheated because she didn't like to run.
12.4k words
4.35
173.5k
98
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,799 Followers

Edited by DB448

In nature, a seemingly random sequence of events can destroy things that have taken a long time to build up. Sometimes those things can never be reformed the way they were no matter how much we want them to. As an example let's say the wind blows, this causes a small twig to fall from a tree on a hillside. The twig lands on and dislodges a pebble that held a rock in place. The rock was the only thing preventing the boulders near the top of the hill from becoming an avalanche that sweeps away a town at the bottom of the hill.

My name is Robbie Patrick, not Rob, or Bob, or Bert, just Robbie, and that series of seemingly random events is very similar to what destroyed my happy marriage.

My wife Carly and I are typical DINKS. (Double Income No Kids) We have a nice house in the suburbs around Detroit. We've both got great jobs, and life is good. We had thus far decided against doing our duty to help propagate the human race out of pure selfishness. We thought that we had all the time in the world to have kids later. So for now we were busy collecting our toys and taking trips to and from exotic locations and just having fun with each other.

I'm 5' 10, 170, dark brown hair and eyes, reasonably good looking and in great shape due to running between 50 and 70 miles a week. I usually run a couple of Marathons a year, so I like to stay fit.

Carly, the apple of my eye is about 5' even and 160. She has collar length blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. You've heard of people whose smile can light up a room? Well Carly's smile can light up a city. She's kind of smaller on top, so most of that 160 pounds is hips, thighs and ass. About a year ago Carly noticed that she was getting a little muffin around her middle. It didn't bother me in the least; I thought it was kind of cute. But she was depressed about it for a couple of days until I suggested that she get rid of it by coming out to run with me.

Initially she loved the idea, even going as far as buying herself all kinds of nice outfits to run in, and 3 pairs of running shoes. The actual implementation of the idea was much less successful. OK why sugar coat it. We were not compatible in terms of running. The two of us running together went over like a fart in church. If I slowed down so much that it seemed like I was running backwards, it was still too fast for Carly. If she sped up to the point that she could only run for a couple of minutes, it was still too slow to be comfortable for me.

The answer was quick in coming though. While we were out for our 2nd and last run, we spotted a group of 6 or 7 women running together. Carly shooed me off to run by myself while she joined up with them. In a few weeks when summer came along, Carly's running group decided to switch to running in the mornings to beat the summer heat. I stuck to my evening schedule, except for my longer runs on Sunday morning. This worked great for us, or so I thought.

Our typical pattern was for Carly to wake up at 5:30 a.m. be out of the house by 5:45, go run with the girls and be back between 7 and 7:20. She did this 3 times a week, usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I would usually go out right after she did, get her favorite coffee from Tim Horton's with a Doughnut or a Bagel, and sometimes flowers, and have them waiting for her when she got back. I'd also iron her clothes for work and make sure there was gas in her car etc. All the things a loving husband is supposed to do.

That was how it went on that ill fated morning nearly 2 weeks ago. Carly came into our bedroom still breathing heavily and plopped herself down on the bed beside me. Though it looked like I was asleep I wasn't. She tentatively poked me, to see if I was awake. Before her fingers made contact I turned around and grabbed her and pulled her into a long affectionate kiss. She smelled great: that should have set off an alarm in my mind, but it didn't.

"I knew you were faking it, you faker" she laughed.

I reached beside the bed and brought up a tray with her coffee and doughnuts and a single red rose for her. I could see the beginning of a tear forming in the corner of her eye. I don't really get it, because I do things like this for her all the time, but it still seems like the first time to her every time I do. I will never figure women out.

"Coffee, doughnuts, and a rose" she said as she held her chin like one of those cheesy TV detectives.

"I think I've solved this case" she continued, talking as if someone other than me was listening to her.

"It appears, to my experienced and brilliant powers of deduction" she said, pausing for dramatic effect and then looking suspiciously at me. "That someone around here was not satisfied with riding me like a pony for half of last night. The culprit behind the coffee, doughnuts, and the innocent looking rose, obviously wants some early morning pussy" the last 3 words uttered in a lust filled tone.

Needless to say we were both late for work that morning, and a lot of mornings actually, so I really believed that things between us were solid. At that time I'd have given my life for her without hesitation. How quickly things can change.

That very Wednesday evening, as I came into the house and changed into my running gear, I kissed Carly as she was mopping the kitchen floor. This was a telltale sign that we were having someone over for dinner. As I kissed her I noticed a light film of sweat on Carly's brow from the exertion of mopping. I didn't even think about it then, but a seed had been planted in my mind.

"Don't be too late, I need you to man the grill" she said, as she traded my quick peck for a much more passionate open mouthed lip lock. As we kissed Carly's hands wandered into the front of my shorts.

"Carly if you keep that up I'll never get out of here" I said smiling.

"Well I've got something down here that you've been out of since this morning and it needs to be filled, by you" said Carly as I pulled away from her.

"I'll fill it up when I get back" I smirked, another kiss and I was out the door.

A little while later, and about a mile into my run, I was ecstatic. I had Evanescence on my ipod, I was doing something I loved and the world was a beautiful place. Then it happened, one of those seemingly random acts. A drop of sweat rolled from my forehead into my eye causing me to wipe my eye. It also caused me to think back to earlier events. Something wasn't right about Carly. Why would she smell so fresh after coming in from her 4 mile run this morning, and then build up a sweat doing some light cleaning? Something didn't fit, but I couldn't really see what was wrong.

Our dinner guest turned out to be one half of one of the couples that we socialized with in the neighborhood. They were an older couple, Georgette and Tom. Georgette was here alone, because they were getting a divorce.

Carly had invited her over to lend a sympathetic ear, and basically be supportive, with me along for the ride. After I grilled the steaks we sat down and Georgette started whining about how Tom was fucking his secretary and had just taken off with her to Mexico. I excused myself and went to the garage to spend some time on my favorite toy. I was getting my 06 Mustang GT ready for the Woodward Dream Cruise. I was putting in some billet Grills just to make it look a little different, although with her shaker ram air hood system, it was already different enough. I really should have paid more attention to Georgette, but at that moment I didn't realize that her experience might have been beneficial to me as well.

The next day, a Thursday, Carly didn't have to run so she woke me up with a blow job that I can still feel now, almost 2 weeks later.

"That should keep you from even looking at your goddamned secretary" she smirked.

"After you let me fuck your ass last night, I was going to fire her" I laughed.

Carly rolled over and hugged me really tightly and we stayed like that for a while.

"Please don't ever cheat on me" she said quietly.

"I promise, I never will" I said, and I meant it. I just didn't understand Carly sometimes. I loved her with all of my heart and soul and after 8 years of marriage we still had sex usually a couple of times a day. Who in their right mind would want to fuck that up? Women are crazy.

That night I went out to run and rounding a corner in the park, I saw the familiar form of a person that I didn't know. I know that makes no sense at all, but it was true. The form was familiar, because I'd seen her lots of times before. But we'd never spoken, so I really didn't know her.

"Hi" I said, slowing down to match her pace. "Why are you out here today?" I asked.

She was kind of guarded, as I guess she should have been. After all she was a woman running alone, and I was a strange guy coming up to her.

"I'm Robbie" I said.

Obviously my statement of identification had no effect. Carly must not talk about me very much when they run.

"Carly's husband" I said as if that was going to clear things up.

She still looked puzzled, but she smiled, and her smile was a thing of beauty. It wasn't a 10 mega watt all mouth and teeth smile meant to lull thousands of people, like my Carly had. Nope this was a barely crinkle her lips, no teeth smile that also recruited her beautiful green eyes, and even her nose into it smile, that was meant exclusively for one person, and that person was me. Even though I was madly in love with my wife at the time, that smile gave me pause. Shit it more than gave me pause; that smile almost gave me a concussion. Her smile caused me not to pay any attention to where we were running and if she hadn't grabbed my arm and pulled me away from it, I'd have run right smack into a tree.

"Who's Carly?" she said stifling a full on laugh.

Now it was my turn to be puzzled. How could she not know who Carly was?

"She runs with you, in the mornings" I said.

"Nope, we don't have a Carly" she said. "But I've seen you around here lots of times and I've been meaning to talk you" she continued.

"My name is Rebecca, everyone calls me Becca" she said holding out a tiny hand. "I've heard that you run Marathons and I'm upping my mileage because I think I'd like to run one, but I don't know the first thing about it" she said.

"Well I could help you with that" I offered.

And for the next few miles we talked about the type of training runs she would need. We talked about the long run, and recovery runs, and pacing, and the importance of picking the right race. We even started talking about doing our weekend long runs together. I told her how some people liked to do them on Saturday, and she quickly said "Sunday is better"

"Why, got a hot date on Saturday morning" I laughed.

"Something like that" she said, punctuating it with another one of those awesome smiles. Then she left the running path, vowing to meet me here Sunday morning bright and early.

As I completed my run, a thousand niggling little thoughts were going through my head all at the same time.

The first of which was where the hell did Carly go every other day if she wasn't running with Becca and her group?

That night my mind was just not on sex as my loving wife did everything she could to kill me with pleasure. Then she rolled over and cuddled up beside me.

"Robbie it's time" she said sleepily. "This is our last week" she continued.

"OK" I mumbled, pretending to be asleep.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow sleepy head" she said.

The next morning when Carly got dressed to go for her run, I stayed in bed as usual. As soon as she left, I got dressed as usual. I got into my car as usual but a little earlier. This time I followed Carly. I wasn't surprised to see her drive right past the park. I kept about a block between us so she wouldn't notice me, and saw her turn and park in the lot next to some really shitty apartments. I was glad I wasn't driving my Mustang because it would have stood out like a sore thumb here. This place was only a half step up from being a trailer park. I saw Carly walk up to the door of one of the apartments and knock. The door was open and Carly stepped inside; her ease let me know that she'd done this before. I crept over to the apartment and looked to see if anyone was looking outside. No one was. There were 3 windows, all of which had those cheap mini blinds. None of the blinds were even closed. I looked in the first window and saw a living room, with no one in it. The view inside the 2nd window changed my life forever. There was Carly taking off her running shorts while some guy who had his hair cut in a mullet got comfortable. Lucky for me I had the presence of mind to whip out my iphone and start taking video. Carly did a little strip-tease then climbed up on the bed and straddled the guy. She lowered her pussy onto his face while he gave himself a hand-job. Then she sat back and pushed his dick inside her. They were having a conversation while they fucked. Because of the window, I didn't get any sound on my video, and it didn't matter because I didn't want to hear anything either of them had to say anyway. If I was expecting it to be hot and crazy like sex with Carly and I was, then I was shocked because Carly was just going through the motions. She looked bored; I wondered why she'd throw away our marriage for mundane sex. My heart literally hurt. I thought about walking in and wondered what would I do or say to them that would make any difference?

I drove home and hurriedly changed for work and left before Carly got back.

When I got to work earlier than normal, I told Crystal, my secretary, that I'd been called in early on an emergency and would be in the office on a call most of the morning. I knew that when Carly called I'd have covered myself without having to actually talk to her. Like clockwork at 7:04 I watched the display on my iphone light up with Carly's picture. I let it go to voice mail. Then I saw the light on the office phone go on and a few seconds later Crystal stuck her head in the door. I shook my head no. She mouthed "it's Carly" and I shook my head even harder. Crystal retreated to the outer office. I could tell Crystal was wondering what was going on because I never screened Carly's calls, ever. Even if we were having one of our very rare tiffs, we always spoke to each other.

At first I thought I was brilliant, but if I was so fucking brilliant, why was my wife screwing Joe Dirt? As I thought about it more, I realized that it had been a mistake. I needed to be very careful about everything I did until I figured this out. My one advantage was that I knew, and she didn't know that I knew. Maybe she was getting ready to tell me. Maybe that was what her comments were about last night.

Her exact words were: It was time, and that we had about a week left.

"OK bitch" I thought, I don't need a week. If it took her a week I could do it in 3 days.

I called John Berman. John was an old friend from college and before. He was a great attorney and lately he'd been working for ADAM; the American divorce association for men. They specialized in making sure that men got treated fairly in divorce cases.

"Hey John" I said into the phone.

"Robbie, how's it hanging?" he replied.

"Low and to the side" my cheerful retort belied my true feelings. "John, this isn't a social call" I said.

"You have a friend who wants a divorce?" he asked.

"Yeah, me" I replied.

"OK tell me another one" he laughed.

"John I'm serious, Carly is cheating on me with some hillbilly scumbag" I said.

John's entire manner changed, he became very serious and very professional.

"Robbie, you're going to need proof we can take to court or use to get leverage. I have a great PI firm on retainer" he told me.

"We don't need them John, are you near a computer?" I asked

"Of course" he replied.

"Give me your email address" I said.

I uploaded the video from my phone into my office pc and emailed it to the address John had provided.

"Holy shit, Robbie I'm so sorry, I thought you were joking" he said.

"John, I need to have papers ready to be served in 3 days" I told him. "Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. to be exact"

"Wow you don't fuck around" he said.

"Nope that's Carly's job" I replied.

"Well you don't have any kids, you still maintain separate bank accounts" he mumbled.

"The house was yours already when you met" he added. "OK we'll have to put in some overtime but I can do it" he said confidently.

"Thanks John, you're a life saver" I said.

"Robbie, are you sure you want this, I mean you guys are the happiest couple I know" he said. "Maybe she's not in control of the situation, maybe it was a one time thing."

"Goodbye John, call my cell if there are any problems" I said as I hung up.

Next I called a locksmith and got prices for changing locks. When I told the guy that I needed to have both locks on my house changed at 6 a.m. Monday morning he froze. I got the impression that he thought I was doing something illegal. So I explained the situation to him and told him I'd have my ID, and papers proving that I was the owner of the house. I guess he'd been burned at one point in his life too because not only would he do it, he'd do it for free.

Then I thought about calling a moving company and having her stuff neatly placed into boxes and waiting for her on the front lawn. My 2nd thought was, fuck her, let her wait until the court ordered me to give her access to the house so she could come and get her own stuff. My 3rd thought was to throw all of her shit out on the lawn and turn the sprinklers on. Then all of our nosy neighbors could watch and come over and find out how the cheating bitch got to be in that predicament.

I decided to go with option 1, it was the most professional, and I really didn't want any kind of revenge against Carly, or her lover "Lil Abner". I just wanted my heart to stop hurting and get this all over with. But one thing was for sure, I was never going to get involved with another woman for as long as I lived. I'd stick with escorts. I always did prefer to pay up front, rather than paying for it later.

By lunch time Carly had called my cell phone 18 times, and left 4 messages with Crystal. I don't think either Crystal or I was surprised when she showed up to take me to lunch. The big surprise came when I 'Wasn't there'.

"But his car is still in the lot" said Carly.

"They all went in Dave's new SUV" said Crystal with a very straight face.

I had to give Crystal credit, she might not know what was going on, but she knew which side her bread was buttered on.

I knew that eventually I'd have to talk to her but I was hoping to put it off for as long as I could.

I was also planning on working late that night. John called me back, he wanted to talk details and he told me his PI firm had earned their money. From the Iphone video they'd been able to get the address of the apartment, and from that they'd gotten the guy's name and the fact that he was married.

"How does any of this help me, John?" I asked.

"Well the nicest people in the world can sometimes be the most outrageous, when it comes to legal matters" John said.

"You're asking for a nice amicable uncontested divorce" he continued. "What's yours stays yours, what's hers stays hers right? Well, that's fine until she starts crying and does all the girl stuff, and claims you abused her or neglected her , and basically forced her to cheat as the only way she could get her emotional needs taken care of. She then asks for counseling to try and save the marriage and then you're screwed because you could be in counseling for months and have to listen to the silly bitch talk about, and try to justify, cheating on you. And the counselor will love her for opening up and revealing her feelings because it makes him look like he's doing his fucking job. In the end the court may give her the more favorable property split. More than likely, she won't get your house because you owned it before you two got together, but any assets you acquired during the marriage may be split down the middle" he explained.

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,799 Followers