Russian Winter: CATU Book 2 Ch. 13

Story Info
Revelations.
2.9k words
9.6k
2
0

Part 12 of the 17 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/18/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

White Island, Antarctica, 66°40'06.78"S, 48°46'15.12"E

Snow kicks up, blowing in all directions as the helicopter begins its descent. Men with heavy coats and automatic machine guns filter out of the bunker base.

"This is where we must part, Miss Roberts," Sergey says.

Sam spent most of her time wearing a black hood, not able to see where she was or where she was going. The only time it was taken off was when she had a visitor to her cell or when it was time to eat.

"Where am I?" she asks, though she was never given an answer anytime she asked. Honestly she doesn't expect one now, but is surprised when Sergey gives her one.

"Antarctica, where most likely will be your final resting place. Major Demurer will take good care of you. But it is your partner you should worry about."

"He'll go to the ends of the earth to hunt all of you down," Sam says venomously.

"I have no doubts about that, which is why I go to wait for him. You see, you are just a pawn in a much larger game being played. Only a few select pawns make it to the other side of the board."

The helicopter settles on the permafrost, its rotors never coming to a halt. The soldiers wait in place as Major Demurer walks up to the helicopter and opens the door.

"Ah, our guest has arrived. If you'll follow me we'll get you settled into your new quarters."

"You may as well kill me now," Sam says in protest.

"Not yet. Really that all depends on how well you participate," the major says.

"I won't help you in any way, so you may as well forget it," she says with disgust in her voice. If she didn't have a hood on, she'd spit in the major's face.

"We'll see how your attitude changes."

Demurer pulls Sam out of the helicopter and places her on her feet. Two of the men from the escort come forward to jab their guns into her back to signal her to start walking.

"Farewell Miss Roberts," Sergey says as he closes the door to the helicopter. It lifts off, kicking up more snow as it leaves. The wind howls, biting into Sam's skin as they escort her to the door of the base.

"Can I at least get a coat?" she asks. Her voice is full of spite.

"Don't worry, we are almost inside where it is warm," the major replies.

Sam didn't know how she planned to get out of here, and even if that was possible, she had no idea where she would go.

——

Roger looks at the address once more as he exits the city. He wasn't aware Frank had a place near Fairfax City. The directions take him off the main road through a series of dirt roads deep into a forest area. When the road finally comes to a dead end, a small cottage looms at the end with Frank's car parked in the drive way.

An uneasiness that Roger had fades when he sees the car. He remains on guard just in case something is amiss. He parks alongside the car and gets out. The wind was a bit icy and it stings him as it cuts through his coat. Picking up his pace he heads to the door.

The place is a simple cottage, nothing on the porch except an old looking rocking chair. Roger notices a light coming out of one of the rooms as he knocks on the door. No answer immediately comes, so he knocked a second time. A muffled voice from inside tells him to enter.

Roger walks in and notices Frank sitting close to the fireplace with his back toward the door. The only light seems to be coming from the fire that burned furiously. Upon seeing his friend, Roger takes his coat off and hangs it on a hook by the door.

"It's getting a bit chilly out there," he says as he turns to walk further into the living area. "What was so urgent you needed me to come out all this way?" No reply comes to his question. "Frank?" Roger asks, slowly walking toward McMillan. His uneasiness returns and he is on guard once more.

As he rounds in front of the chair where Frank sat, Roger sees instantly the bullet hole in McMillan's forehead. Roger instantly has his hand on the butt of his gun, looking around. He never has the chance to pull it out. A hard object crashes into the back of his head. Darkness covers him as he falls to the floor.

——

After Sam was brought into the base, the hood was removed and she was able to finally get a look at her captures. "So what is it you have planned for me?" she asks.

"In due time Miss Roberts," Demurer replies. He pulls out a knife, which causes Sam to flinch unconsciously. He smiles at the flinch and slides the knife across the rope that binds her hands together. Her expression changes into one of confusion. "You are our guest after all."

"What?" she asks, fully not understanding what was going on.

The major motions for one of the escorts. "Take Miss Roberts to her quarters. I shall see to our other guests."

He turns back to Sam with another smile on his face. "They have just returned from a job outside and will be with you shortly." Demurer turns and walks away, leaving Sam with her escort.

"This way ma'am," the soldier says and leads her down a hall opposite of the major's direction.

——

Roger awoke to find himself sitting on a couch across from Frank's body, which remained in the chair. He instinctively reaches for his weapon, which is no longer there.

"It's not there," a voice says.

Roger focuses on the shadow in front of him as Strandon walks out into the light.

"You son of a bitch," Roger spats. "I knew there was something about you I couldn't quite put my finger on."

"And it's too bad for you. You have been a thorn in Winter's side for far too long. You've been a bigger one in mine for that matter."

"So why Frank?" Roger asks, sadness slipping into his voice.

"Why your friend? Because he was helping CATU and it would make a good lure for you," Strandon replies coldly. A smile forms on his face. "As you can see it worked. I have also taken two major assets CATU has out of the equation."

"What do you plan to do? Hold me here, keep me captive?" Roger asks sarcastically.

"As a matter of fact no," he says with a laugh. "I'm going to kill you too."

Roger shifts uncomfortably. He wasn't bound and if he was going to die why not do so fighting his way out of here. He begins to lift himself out of the couch when Strandon pulls out Roger's gun and points it at him. "I suggest you stay sitting."

"Why don't you just get it over with? If I'm going to die, I'd rather get it over with," Roger says confidently.

"I need you to make a phone call and pull Wiltkins off."

"You honestly think an order to abandon his mission will be all it takes? You my friend are gravely mistaken. Doug will instantly know something isn't right and will continue on with his job until it is finished."

"Then I guess I have no reason to keep you here," he says walking over to Roger.

——

Sam sat on a couch centered in the middle of the room. It isn't adorned with much except the couch with a coffee table. An adjoining room holds a nice bed and dresser with a bathroom attached. She sits curiously wondering what the terrorists have in mind.

The door opens breaking her from her thoughts and she springs from the couch when she sees her father standing in the door way. "Daddy!" she yells as she jumped into his arms.

"Are you okay?" Jonathan asks, squeezing her tight.

"I'm fine. Why are they holding you captive? Why didn't you tell me I had a sister?"

"I'm sorry Sam. Please let's have a seat; I have some explaining to do."

They proceed toward the couch. A soldier enters with a tray of food and coffee. As they sit on the couch the man places the tray on the coffee table and leaves the room leaving them alone.

Gathering his thoughts and thinking of where to start, Jonathan takes her hand into his and begins. "Before you were born I was sent to Russia on an assignment by the company I worked for. While I was there I met your mother. We had you and a year later she became pregnant with your sister. When my assignment was over I had to return to the States. I asked your mother to come back with me and we'd get married. Of course she said yes, but she'd have to take care of a few things before she could leave Russia.

I left with you to prepare for her arrival. There were delays with her being able to come and after several months I really began to worry. She was close to giving birth and I didn't want to miss your sister's birth or have both of them stuck in a country she no longer wanted to be in.

Several weeks went by and I had no contact with your mother. I took some time off, dropped you off at your grandparents and went back to Russia to look for her. After a month I had no success and had to return empty handed.

Shortly after returning home, some men from the CIA came to our door. I was told she was a KGB agent and her leaving was not accepted by them, so they had killed her. When I asked about your sister, they said there wasn't any record of her birth and more than likely she was killed with your mother.

It wasn't until several years later that I found out the truth. I was contacted by your mother's parents and was told your sister was alive. She was eight years old and they figured it was finally a safe time to contact me. Your mother apparently gave birth and knew she was in danger. She left instructions on how to contact me and they took in your sister to care for her.

Now the truth is, your mother was a KGB agent and did want to leave. The KGB was willing to let her too, but it was the CIA that was responsible for her death. I guess they figured she would be too much a risk to live in America or stay in Russia and have contact with an American."

He turns away from Sam and puts his hands to his face. Sam is taken aback by this revelation and unsure how to react. The story her father told her as a child was far different than the version he just told. "Why did you lie about her when I was a child?" she asks, a little angry.

He looks up with tears in his eyes. "I told you what I did because you were so young. When I found out the truth you were only nine years old and it was a burden I couldn't bear to give you."

"I'm a lot older now. Why couldn't you have told me the truth sooner?" she asks angrily. "I've had a sister this whole time and didn't even know it."

"I'm sorry Sam, but I never knew how to approach you about it."

Sam sits looking at him in silence. She understood her father's pain and uneasiness, but still remained a little angry about it. An idea pops in her head as she sits there thinking.

"What is my sister's name?" she asks now more curious than before.

"Maykov. Jennifer Maykov. She has your mother's last name in order to keep her hidden from the CIA."

"She's alive. I mean, she's alive and unharmed. Why are they holding you here?"

"They're not."

——

Roger woke again still on the couch. Strandon had just walked out of the kitchen, the gun still in his hand. He looks at Roger then McMillan's body. With a snicker he turns back to Roger. "It's too bad long friendships have to end so violently."

Before Roger has a chance to question him, Strandon lifts the gun and shoots Roger in the stomach. Roger grunts from the pain and settles back into the couch. Strandon satisfied with Roger's situation walks over to the body and places the gun in McMillan's hand.

"This is where we say our goodbyes," Strandon says, turning to Roger.

"So that's it, make it look like we killed each other," Roger states.

"Actually more like you two got in a fight; he shot you before you did him. Then as you struggled from your wound, you rigged the gas line to blow. But you didn't escape and, "he pauses to close his fist then open it, "boom."

"You won't get away with this," Roger grunts.

Strandon laughs heartily, "I'm a top agent in the NSA. I already have evidence in place to frame both of you. You'll be linked with the actions of Ghost and for the current terrorist attacks. Of course the only mystery is why you two argued and tried to kill each other."

"So that's it? We came to some cottage to meet and kill each other?" It was Roger's turn to laugh. "That sounds original."

"It may sound too simple, but it's more complicated than you think. This cottage belongs to my parents. You see I have had time to plan this. When your office is searched, there will be plans of you and McMillan trying to frame several people of the NSA, including me. All the while the NSA will pull a file it has on you and with the other condemning evidence that is found will show you are the real criminals."

"Then you'd better hope it airtight. If Reeds or Roberts find a leak, you'll be the first they come after," Roger says, looking at Strandon with disgust.

"Oh, don't worry about them. If I know Detaran, then your precious agents will be taken care of shortly if not already. You wasted enough of my time. Enjoy the last remaining minutes of yours." He walks to the door and grabs his coat. On the way out he says laughing, "I hope you have an explosive time."

——

What do you mean, they're not?" Sam asks. She fears to hear the explanation her father would give her.

"Just what I said, I am helping them Sam. The note, the selection of people to be kidnapped, they are all my idea. Even your sister is working for Winter. She followed your mother's footsteps and joined the KGB." He stood and began pacing around the room. "At first I didn't approve of her doing so. I wanted her to come to America, to meet you, for us to become a family. A family that should have been but never was."

"You could have done something about it!" Sam yells. She is so angry and torn with the revelation of what her father was doing.

"What would you have me do?" Jonathan replies.

"You could have brought her to America. Instead you hid her from everyone, from me."

"That was not an option. If the CIA found out, who knows what they would have done. I had no choice."

"Then why this? Why are you willing to hurt countless lives and betray everyone you know, even me?" Sam asks, beginning to cry. Tears well in her eyes. She clenches her fists in anger.

"I've often wondered that myself. For a long time I hated America, the CIA for what they did. Every time I looked at you, that anger melted away. But after your sister joined the KGB and eventually Winter, she brought back those feelings. She infiltrated Interpol and later revealed the plan, asking me to be a part of it."

"So you sold out to commit mass murder."

"You look at it like it's something terrible."

"It is terrible!" she screams. "You are not the father I know!"

"Sam, listen to me. I am choosing a winning side. I'm asking you to do the same."

"Join you? I cannot betray my country or my morals for some bullshit terrorists," she spats.

"Believe me Sam, this is your only chance to do so. Winter is not some random terrorist group. They have influence in places you would not believe and will succeed in what they have planned. I want you to join me along with the few that will not become slaves when this is over."

She stands and walks to the door. "I will not join them or you. Whatever is left of my father in you is gone. You can try to do what you can to stop me, but this meeting is over."

She reaches for the knob. The door opens before she can grab it. Detaran stands in the doorway. Sam jumps back startled at the appearance of the demon.

I knew she would not join us.

"What do you plan to do with her," Jonathan asks pleadingly.

She will be used as an example. But before any of that happens, she will be made to suffer.

Sam not waiting throws a kick almost catching Detaran off guard. He easily moves to the side, her momentum causing her to slide past the demon. Detaran hits her with a backhand, reeling her backward through the air. She lands on the ground unconscious.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Mean Girls of Maplewood Ch. 00 Nerd is sexually assaulted and dominated by two cheerleaders.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Last Boy Scout Ch. 01 He can't resist helping anyone in need.in Group Sex
A Promise Kept Ch. 01 From an injured past comes a beautiful future.in Romance
Path of the Necromancer Ch. 01 Ian is hunted and meets the women who will change his life.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Fate of Terra Ch. 01 Introduces Michael and sets the stage. (no-sex chapter)in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories