Russian Winter: CATU Book 2 Ch. 19

Story Info
The end, the beginning.
2.8k words
9k
2
0

Part 17 of the 17 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/18/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Morhotlong, Lesotho

Afterstealing a 1996 Jeep Cherokee, Spencer heads to Lesotho. The roads were clear, except the few Chinese troops that either passed on the road or were set up at various guard stations. He thought it was a little strange, but he wasn't going to stop and argue with anyone about it.

The mines weren't hard to miss either. Signs were posted identifying the owners, as well as saying keep out and no trespassing. The soldiers and tanks weren't hard to miss either.

He by passed the mines and continued for two more miles before pulling off the road and ditching the vehicle. His best approach would be by foot. If they didn't expect him, which he doubted, then it would be a wasteful trek. As prepared asWinterwas, Spencer figured they were expecting him.

As he approaches, he sticks to the shadows and plant growth as lights flood the entire area. They're waiting for him or they just like to keep the place bright, he muses.

Like in Novosibirsk, he takes some time watching the patterns of troop movement. The movement is erratic and after thirty minutes, Spencer gives up trying to find a pattern.

Dawn is beginning to break; the element of night was fading. He decides to get moving. Avoiding the lights as much as possible, he makes his way to the compound.

The site is massive and open. With troops spread out, there are plenty of gaps for Spencer to easily slip through as he makes his way from the south.

He has no idea where to begin looking. Without Maykov's help, it presents a challenge. He slides behind a building to avoid being seen by a group of workers. Whether the workers will call out or keep silent was anyone's guess and one Spencer wants to avoid finding out.

As he hides in the shadows of the building, his thoughts go to Maykov. He had hoped that by now, if not somewhere along the way, to have met up with her. What could have happened to her? he wonders. First Sam, then Jennifer. He loved Sam and missed her dearly, but Jennifer he was unsure about. He had mixed feelings about her. There was something about her, something that definitely helped with his grief over Sam's death.

Maybe being her sister with the striking resemblance helped, he reasons. Shaking his head to clear the thoughts, he refocuses his attention to the task ahead.

The sun has fully risen. The air is crisp and clear. Over the next hour, he stalks from building to building, looking for some sign of the kidnapped men. It was the two men that find him instead of the other way around.

As Spencer turns around from looking into a window, Patmore and Cooke stand with a mixture of confusion and partial relief on their faces. Spencer is just as shocked as the two men, instantly recognizing them from his initial briefing. The three stand there for a few moments before Spencer first breaks the silence.

"I'm Special Agent Reeds, I'm here to rescue you," he says, adding a bit of excitement to his voice.

Both of the men's faces brighten with hope. "Quick," Patmore says. "We need to get inside before we're noticed."

Patmore gestures to the door of the building Spencer was just looking into. As the men enter, Cooke glances around to ensure no one notices the strange situation taking place. "We were beginning to wonder if anyone would come for us," Patmore begins. "We got news of America pulling back and taking out any forces they had."

"Are you all they sent?" Cooke asks, sounding a little skeptical.

"Actually my partner was killed a few days ago," Spencer says dryly. "The other help I had has disappeared as well."

"Sorry to hear that," Patmore says.

"How do you plane to get us out of here?" Cooke asks.

"Honestly I don't know," he says. Patmore and Cooke form frowns that tell Spencer he'd better justify the latter statement. "Things over the last few days haven't gone as planned, in fact nowhere near the way they should have."

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Patmore asks.

Cooke seems to almost give up on the matter all together. He paces to the corner of the room, which is just what the building was, a large room. There are two beds, a sink and a toilet. Not much for living conditions, but enough to get by.

"I'm not sure yet. What have you been doing since you got here?" Spencer asks.

"Supervising. Placing explosives and piping. Not much more than that." Patmore says, checking off his fingers as if it were a list he was trying to remember.

Cooke shakes his head. "I don't know what use we would be to you. We're not soldiers and to be honest, Sergey is expecting you."

That caught Spencer's attention. "Sergey Stalockavich?" he asks.

"Yes. I assume you know of this man?" Patmore asks.

"Know of him? I've met the guy. We met with him to get any information he had about the situation and you. I knew there was something that didn't quite fit."

"He's not the only one involved, but he is running things here," Patmore offers.

"I assume you know the basic layout of the complex here," Spencer states.

"Know it! Hell, we've had free run since..." Cooke starts to say before trailing off.

Spencer gives a puzzled look to Patmore. Before he can inquire, Patmore explains.

"After Dahlin was taken away to be beat and watch his family killed, we all decided it be best to give our all to our tasks. I know deep down I feel ashamed and I know Cooke does too, but we didn't have a choice."

"I don't blame you; this must have been a tough situation for you all. Where are the other two, Roberts and Dahlin?" he asks.

"We are supposed to be transferred to Antarctica later this afternoon to join the others and complete our tasks there."

"Is there any kind of transmission station here?"

"I don't know," Patmore says.

"Yes, there is one at the north east end," Cooke pipes in.

Spencer begins to form a plan and if everything actually goes right, they can all make it out alive.

"I'll need a map of the location."

"No problem," Cooke says, nodding.

"We will need a diversion also."

"I know just what we can do," Patmore says smiling.

Spencer doesn't ask, but the smile said it all.

——

The human is here. Have your men lead him here to me.

Sergey Stalockavich turns his head toward Maltaus as the demon enters the room. He sits at a desk, not bothering to stand up on the demon's behalf. "Are you certain? I have not had any alerts from my men."

Fool! Do not question me. Carry out my command or you shall pay with your life.

"My men have already been alerted to expect his arrival. If he has not been spotted, then he is good at getting around stealthily or he has help."

The latter part of his statement dawns on him as he speaks it. "The scientists!" he says, throwing back his chair as he jumps up and runs to the door.

"Utsenye! Nаiditе utsеnykh! My imeem zlоumyshlennika!" Sergey bursts through the door yelling. "The scientists! Find the scientists! We have an intruder!"

Soldiers pour out of buildings as alarms blare. The sounds of shouts and footfalls ring loud throughout the area.

——

They'reon to us," says Cooke, looking around nervously.

"Not yet," Patmore replies. "Just focus on getting the explosives set."

The two men sit at the back of a cave where the pipeline began. Patmore's plan is to hinder the Russians by destroying their thermal energy source. Without it, the oncoming cold they expected will have to be delayed and give precious time America will need to act.

Patmore is confident this could be pulled off. Cooke, however, still has his doubts they would escape alive. His doubts become greater when a dark presence forms in the cave with them.

Pitiful humans, you have no loyalties whatsoever.

Maltaus slowly materializes, anger burning in his eyes. Cooke stops and nervously looks toward the direction they had entered. Patmore catches his reaction and his own doubts begin forming. He knows they have to complete this task, because even if they try to run or negotiate, they will both end up dead.

Without a second glance Patmore yells at Cooke, "Finish this, we have to succeed here!"

"But—" Cooke tries to argue, but Patmore is already running at the demon. Cooke pushes aside his doubts and fear. He accepts the fact this is where he will die and better here trying to end this than to have his family caught in what was to come if he didn't stop it.

Patmore only makes it a few steps before he is lifted into the air. Maltaus never moves except to lift his arm. With his hand he makes a grip, as if he is actually griping Patmore's throat. Patmore begins to gasp for air, clawing at his throat for a hand that isn't there.

You were given a chance to serve me, but now you have chosen to toss it away. You're futile attempts mean nothing. Your efforts remain a waste and in the end we will still rule over you pitiful humans.

"You...will not...succeed," Patmore struggles to say.

Maltaus' anger flares brighter. He is tired of seeing arrogant humans. He is tired of seeing a world full of them. His vision is one of the world full of loyal subjects, bowing to him and his every whim, not like this human that thought he was someone important.

With a flick of his wrist, he sends Patmore flying into a wall. Patmore strikes the wall hard, completely knocking the breath from his lungs. He impacts so hard, he is not even able to make a grunt; instead the only sound that is made is the bones in his body snapping.

Patmore dies instantly from the impact, his body falling to the ground in a heap. Maltaus turns to Cooke who just stood in resignation staring back forming a smile on his face.

A human that is ready to accept his death. It is a pity you weren't a loyal subject. Now you shall a die a slow, agonizing death.

"I will see you in hell!" Cooke yells, as he pull out a detonator. Before Maltaus is able to react, he pushes the button.

——

You'regoing to have to get the men and yourself out of the country. I've just received word from Wiltkins that the threat here has been neutralized. As soon as he returns, I can have him and a team ready to move in and pull you out," Mike Grines informs.

"Patmore and Cooke, have a distraction planned," Spencer begins to say.

An explosion rocks the building, equipment rattles and several windows crack and break. For a brief moment everything is silent and then the shouts and yells of soldiers start up. Spencer knows he has to act fast now; it is only a matter of time before they are found.

"Looks like our distraction," Spencer says with a little cockiness in his voice.

"You've got thirty-six hours Reeds. After that I don't know if we will be able to pull you and the other men out. NATO is on our backs watching us."

"I understand, we'll be the—"

Spencer pauses when he hears shuffling at the door.

"Reeds? What's going on?"

The door shatters inward. Spencer dives to the ground, pulling his gun out. A group of soldiers run in, not expecting Spencer to be on the floor. Spencer shoots down the first three, before he catches the attention of the rest. "Ostanovites!" comes a command before any of the soldiers could fire back. "Halt!"

Sergey strolls into the building; the soldiers point their guns at Spencer. Without having any means of escape, Spencer drops the gun to the floor. "Sergey Stalockavich, you son of a bitch," Spencer sneers.

"The one and only," he replies, followed by the butt of a rifle across Spencer's face.

"Reeds! Damn it, answer. Reeds!"

Grines is still connected yelling in the background. Sergey looks at the monitor, "You can't help him now." He lifts the rifle and shoots the screen.

D.C. General

Theterrorist threat that rocked America these past few days has finally been resolved. According to the Covert Anti Terrorist Unit, the Chinese leader behind the attacks, was killed here in Silverdale, Washington last night.

Unfortunately, during the battle between CATU and the terrorist group, the power plant was destroyed and has left thousands of people without power and a very cold winter. The President has announced a plan to aid the north-western states that have suffered from these attacks, but many remain doubtful.

With the growing South African conflict against the Chinese/Russian Coalition and the problems we now face, it is unsure what the administration plans to do. Many Americans are angered at the attacks placed on American soil and the President not taking action against the Coalition.

With NATO not sanctifying any action against the Coalition, it is uncertain what President McKinsey plans to do. It is this reporter's opinion that McKinsey should not back down, but ram a fist straight down the throats of everyone responsible.

This is Amry Roxanne, Silverdale, Washington.

Hell of week," Sam states as she enters the hospital room. Roger's faced brightens at the sight of her entering. He was expected to make a full recovery and be released, ready to get back to work.

"I'm just glad you made it out alive."

"Hey I was more worried about you when I heard about the attack," she replies.

They both smile before a silence hangs between them. Sam is the first to break the silence. "I have to go after him boss," she says as tears begin to well in her eyes.

"I know Sam, but it's not going to be that simple. Officially we cannot acknowledge his existence, so a rescue will be hard to make."

"What about Doug and his team heading in?" she questions. Desperation fills her voice; the fear of losing Spencer fills her with dread.

"From what Grines saw, Spencer was captured and in the enemy's custody. He could be in a number of places and heading into a country controlled by the Coalition will not be an acceptable risk." Roger shifts uncomfortably, seeing the shock combined with anger and regret on Sam's face. "Look, I'm sorry Sam, but you know as well as I do the risks. We need to go through the proper channels, especially if we want to bring him out alive."

"Then the channels better get opened or cleared, I don't care which. Either way, I am going after Spencer, sanctioned or not." She stomps angrily out of the room, leaving Roger unable to reply and alone with his thoughts.

——

SpecialAgent Spencer Reeds," Prime Minister Alexander Chernoff says as he paces in front of Spencer.

He is hung from a set of chains against the back wall of a large open cave. He slowly comes to, his thoughts forming the last moments he remembers. Spencer has no idea how much time has passed, but considering he only has a headache, it couldn't have been much or else he was sure they'd have tortured him already.

He finally gave up trying to gather his memories and opened his eyes. A sick feeling swarmed in his stomach, he felt a strong force from the man that now paced in front of him.

"Who the fuck are you?" he asks, venomously.

Laughing, Chernoff asks, "You don't recognize me?"

When Spencer gives no inclination that he does, Chernoff continues. "Doesn't matter, what matters is you deciding to join me."

"And why would I want to do that?" Spencer aks, trying to stall the inevitable.

"Because whenWintertakes control of you useless humans, only those loyal will remained alive to serve your masters."

"Then my answer is for you to piss off."

The short fuse that led to his anger flares. Chernoff roars in anger as he changes into his true form. Spencer instantly recognizes the demon, hatred fills him with rage. "You son of a bitch!" he yells.

Maltaus lean in; his horns butting against the wall, as his head almost touches Spencer's. They stamd face to face, both man and demon breathing angrily in each other's face.

"I will kill you, you can mark my words."

We shall see. After a little persuasion, I will see you bowing in full submission to me.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Mean Girls of Maplewood Ch. 00 Nerd is sexually assaulted and dominated by two cheerleaders.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Last Boy Scout Ch. 01 He can't resist helping anyone in need.in Group Sex
A Promise Kept Ch. 01 From an injured past comes a beautiful future.in Romance
Path of the Necromancer Ch. 01 Ian is hunted and meets the women who will change his life.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Fate of Terra Ch. 01 Introduces Michael and sets the stage. (no-sex chapter)in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories