Saint Ives Whelan Chronicles Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You know the deal Mia, no magic in your last trimester. My hand will be fine, nothing is broken. It's nothing compared to what you're doing now," he spoke in a reassuring tone. "You just focus on this little one. I'm eager to hold him."

In the meantime Alicia had prepared a few things that would be needed once the baby was born. Going over everything once more she then smiled at Mia. "I'm ready when you are. When the next contraction comes, grab your legs under your knees and pull on them, take one deep breath and keep pushing. Chris you count until six, then Mia knows she can relax and wait for the next one. Just as we practiced."

"Can you sit up? Then I can sit behind you."

Mia smiled at Chris' request. Every day she learned something new about him and every day her love for him grew. She knew she'd hurt him before and yet he didn't complain. His usual tendency to take over wasn't present either. Holding her breath for a brief moment she sat up, making room for Chris to sit behind her.

His thick muscled legs cradled hers and as she leaned back against his strong chest he put his arms around her. Bending down he whispered sweet nothings in her ear and encouraged her to do whatever she found needed to get through this. A shiver ran down her spine as he brushed his lips against her neck.

"Crap, here comes one," she gasped as she sucked in as much air as she could.

"Remember: pull on your knees and keep pushing until Chris is done counting," Alicia coached her.

Grabbing for her knees, she almost curled up in a ball, feeling Chris sitting up straighter to support her back as he softly counted to six behind her. For now she was able to concentrate on his deep soothing voice. Relieved she let out her breath as the contraction faded once more. This process repeated itself two more times. Between each break Chris kept showering her with compliments, how well she was doing, how proud he was of her, how much he loved her.

"You're doing great Mia. I can already see the head now. Next time is going to be it, then I need you to keep pushing. Once the head is out, we take a breather and then we push again. Got it?" Alicia said.

Mia nodded, the sweat trickling from her face. She felt Chris shift behind her and a second later he brushed her face clear of the sweat. The scent washing over her told her he'd probably taken off his T-shirt and was using that instead of a washcloth. Glad he'd chosen to use it she took a deep sniff of his scent trapped in the T-shirt and relaxed visibly.

Not given the time to recuperate another wave of pain hit her dead on. Pulling up her legs she started pushing with all she had in her, Chris' soft encouragements helping her along.

"You're doing great Mia, keep pushing. Push! Push! Push!" Alicia spoke more excitedly.

A burning sensation went through her lower region and suddenly she saw Alicia's hand in front of her, then placing it on her tummy.

"Take that breather now. The head is out. I'm carefully going to feel ... yeah he's in position. Ok when you're ready, take that deep breath and push as hard as you can," Alicia guided her.

Doing what she was told, she grabbed her knees, sucked in her breath and started pushing. All this time she had been able not to scream once but whatever was coming out of her now was tearing her up and without realizing it she let out a loud scream. When her brain finally realized her pain had subsided, she could hear tiny cries coming towards her.

Trying to sit up she looked between her legs and there she saw the biggest baby she ever laid eyes on. What first were tiny cries quickly turned into terror screams. His little arms were moving in anger, his tiny legs kicking rapidly. His little face was bright red as he filled his little lungs and let out another wail.

"I think someone wants his mother," Alicia proudly said. Carefully she held the baby under its head and bum, she held it sideways and placed it in Mia's wide open arms.

Looking down at the little bundle in her arms she started counting toes and fingers. Glad she counted ten of each she fixated on his face. Light blue eyes were framed by curly black hair. She smiled at the little wonder in her arms. Another pair of hands came into view as they too touched each finger and toe.

"He's beautiful, Mia," Chris whispered next to her.

Turning her head she saw the unshed tears in his eyes, smiled and kissed his lips.

"He's a spitting image of his father," Alicia said. "Let me get everything in order. Chris you want to cut the umbilical cord?"

A bit confused he looked up at Alicia holding out a pair of surgical scissors to him.

"What do I have to do?" he asked puzzled.

"Take the scissors and cut where I point. I'll take over after that. I'll wash the little one while you can assist your mate with refreshing herself. By then I think both will be ready to start their first feeding," Alicia explained.

Chris accepted the scissors and held them where Alicia pointed. When he squeezed them to cut the umbilical cord he shot a dirty look at Alicia, before taking a big gulp. Once his job was done he didn't know how fast he had to give back the metal instrument. He looked pale and only by grabbing on to his own leg did he hide the little shiver going through him.

Alicia couldn't help and laughed heartily at his predicament.

"Oh Chris, this brings back such memories. It's like seeing you be born once again. The little one looks just like you and your father cringed just as much when doing the same thing you just did," Alicia said, amused. "I'll go run a bit of water now, by then I hope to have Mia settled so you can assist her." She gave Chris a reassuring pat on his hand, telling him silently he did just fine.

Turning around she went to the bathroom to do these tasks. The new parents were already lost to the little baby in their arms. By now his screaming had settle down. He had managed to grab a finger from his daddy in one hand and got his other one tangled up in his mother's hair. His unfocused eyes darted over the two large faces above him. Instinctively he knew these were his parents and imprinted their scent to never forget it ever again.

Tired by his ordeal he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"Mia, he's just..." Chris stammered, "Thank you, my little druid, he's perfect!" He gently cradled his mate and his son. He was awed at the tiny bundle. "Alicia may say he got my eyes and hair, but he's got your cute nose and perfect lips. I can already see him driving the ladies mad with desire."

"Eeew Chris that is not an image I want to think of right now. Let him grow up first and learn to be a man," Mia said, exasperated.

"He's a Whelan, he'll learn soon enough, he won't need much guidance if he takes after me," Chris kept teasing her.

"Hmm what about a name? You got any idea for one?" Mia asked, changing topics.

She looked down at the fussing baby in her arms. His tiny head was turning searchingly and she immediately knew what he wanted. Parting her robe it didn't the little boy long before he found what he wanted and latched on started drinking his first milk.

Chris stared at the pair of them, his heart overflowing with love for his mate and his newborn son. He realized there were times he had to let go of his dominant attitude. Not once had she disappointed him, she'd been the one steady rock that made him see and appreciate so many things, things he used to take for granted. And now she had gifted him with another precious being he could call his own.

Tenderly he stroked the little boys head as he was feeding. What name would be suitable for this little guy? he mused to himself. It was one area they had argued about. Chris wanted to pick a name in advance where Mia wanted to pick one when the time was right.

"He'll be our little rock and someday somebody else's. How about Pietro?" Chris suggested.

"Pietro Saint Ives – Whelan, it has a nice ring to it. I kinda like that."

"Pietro it is."