Sam Spade 20: Case of the Fae Queen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Who knew you were doing a threat assessment on me?" Jane asked.

"Just a pair of FBI types one accidently died after setting me up to do the assessment. No I didn't kill him." I added quickly. "The other never asked for the report when I finished. He was a young agent based out of the Miami office."

"You were able to crack into my safes?" Jane asked surprised.

"Jane, you can crack into anything if you know what you're doing." I paused and then smiled, "Don't worry I never wrote the report out and I was alone when I cracked them." I smiled, "But back to the biker gang. Is there any chance you can get me an invite to talk to them?"

"Sister, are you building an army?" Jane asked looking at her sister worriedly.

"No I am gathering followers where ever I can find them. Your biker gang might be a way to have a rolling temple without anyone realizing it," I replied as the idea took hold. I realized the solution was staring me in the face the whole time. "I have a plan... it may work if we play our cards right," I looked around the pool, "What if I take Jason's idea, your idea Jane, and not get sucked into a full on war. First, stop the mighty war machine in its track, gunpowder turns to sawdust, rubber tires dissolve, bearings freeze. Secondly, any attack is dealt with quickly and harshly to any involved. Finally, as I said, don't get sucked into a full frontal war." I smiled, at the astonished faces, "But for it to work I need more followers. So rather than just wait for them to show up at this and other temples around the globe, why not go looking?"

Jane was astonished, she turned to Ann, "Baby girl what do you think?"

Ann looked at Jade and the pair of them disappeared. A moment later Sue Ann disappeared also. Of the three she was the only one to return after five minutes, "Goddess, we think you are on the right track. In addition, cutting the funds out like we talked about may well give us the edge we need."

"In that case shall we go visit a biker bar?" I asked feeling much better.

"Who do you want with us?" Angela asked.

"Cindy, are you and Franki up for a night of adventure at a biker bar? How about Fa and Lilith to make it complete." I smiled at the others, "When in doubt, always add friends to have your back."

"When have you ever done that before? We are always outnumbered and out gunned," Angela replied.

"True but we have always had a reaction force close and free to help. I would rather not pull everyone to south Florida just to pull my ass out of the fire again." I shot back. "Between you six and Jane I should be fine. Meet at the front door in twenty," I said getting out. We could have just gone right there, but I knew they wanted to have a hen talk without me hovering.

When Jane reached the front hall, she found her sister leaning against the wall wearing a suit, her trademark trench coat and fedora. "I'm first?" she asked surprised.

"I expect the others are slow on purpose to sucker you into giving me the bad news." I replied. "So how bad is it really?"

"Jane heard giggles in her mind and knew Samantha was right. "According to Ann's calculations, one in six worldwide." She cringed inwardly for the explosion of hurt and despair from the goddess. Instead she gasped when Samantha smiled.

"That's not too bad. I was expecting fifty percent," I replied. I paused and then added, "Sister, I can work with that number. It is high but not impossible to reach. I'm sure our family will come up with more ideas to trim the number down some more." Under a minute later the others showed up and grinned sheepishly at Jane and I. "If we are all done playing games... Shall we?"

As Jane disappeared I followed and arrived outside the bar. It was even seedier than it had been when I last saw it. A moment later the others arrived and looked around and at the bar. Lilith looked at me, "You always seem to know all the better dive bars granddaughter."

Jane looked at the nearly thirty bikes lined up out front and said, "No one will notice us entering," She giggled. "This way," she added as she walked through the parking lot to the front door.