Samhain, A Love Through Time

Story Info
A Halloween love story, through the ages.
4k words
4.71
11.9k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Junudi
Junudi
20 Followers

Samhain was almost here and one could feel it all around. Oh yes, today we call it Halloween or All Hallows Eve, but no matter what is it named or how it is disguised it still lives in our collective conscious. I could feel it in the wind wrapping me in the cries of the geese headed home. I could feel it crunching beneath my feet, in lovely and crisp colors of fall. Looking around I could see traces of the old ways everywhere, though a bit Americanized. There are cornstalks by the doorways, pumpkins made to look like goblins, and decorated broomsticks back from the time of persecution. I stay off my soapbox and keep from telling them that their Pseudo-Christian celebrations really date back to a time before Christ, to a time when The God and The Goddess were everywhere, not just in a church. I let them go on without enlightening them because I get a secret rush when I see the old ways practiced without thought by the self-righteous. I and the others who were there remember when it was new. We saw the ancient fires; remember the immense heat as the cold scorched your back. For us we will smile at their naiveté and simply remember.

In those days, time stood still. We focused on the power of the earth, sun, moon and all the powers that connect and move us. Samhain was a time when life and death intertwined, when the veil between the worlds thinned to the point of at times, opening. I remember walking the long path where the circles of stone stood. We felt so small at their immensity. Young and old walked the path alike to gather at this gateway between worlds. Samhain was a bittersweet time of letting go and letting in.

Like every New Year celebration, Samhain brought a general feeling of gratefulness at surviving yet another year, life was so hard some years. To see all of the tribes gather from all directions inspired nothing but awe. Then of course there was my love, Felic, we met there at one of the gatherings. Since then we found ourselves searching for hiding spots and reasons to leave the circle just to be together. Our first meeting was on Beltane, you know it now as May Day. At twilight, they lit the big bonfire and the meeting of the Stag King and Goddess was getting ready to commence. I was standing with my tribe admiring the beauty and power of it all when I looked up and saw those eyes. Those eyes that will forever haunt and drive me to my purpose. They were ice blue and with the firelight, they seemed to glow, to draw me in. Felic was with his tribe as well, standing there in a simple brown tunic and a white shift beneath. His brown pants had seen much wear but fitted him well. His hair was brown with this shine and curl that made me want to run my hands clear through to feel it. As he stood with his tribe, his eyes just pierced through me.

We slowly moved and weaved our way through the crowd moving ever closer yet seemed so far away. Finally, when we got close enough, he took my hand and led me away from the circle, to some of the nearby huts. Once safely out of view, without saying a word he pulled me in and kissed me hard upon the mouth. I returned the kiss with all the fervor I had within me. It was as if I was born to kiss him, our mouths had waited their entire lives to melt into one. Felic swiftly pulled my dress and shift from my body leaving me bare in the warm night air. I removed his tunic and shift and was shocked to see his stunning naked form before me. I still shiver at the memory of his sheer beauty. His member was already long and awaiting its sheath, but his hands patiently played and moved over my body until he knew that I was ready for him. He kissed me again, fire danced between our lips as they touched. His slippery tongue parted my lips to deepen the kiss and our tongues danced and played at what was to happen later. His hands explored every part of me, learning my dips and curves. My hands playfully moved on his skin, feeling the contrast in our textures. His hard muscles to my round curves, yet we fit so well that it was difficult to see where he ended and I began.

Felic's hands slipped to cup my rear and he took a single finger and grazed it along my line and continued straight up my back. I near about melted. He skillfully laid me upon the grass and began to make a trail of kisses that went from my navel all the way down to my center. He kissed all the way to my knees then worked his way up my thighs, switching from one to the other. Then when I thought I could not feel any better he opens me up and begins to kiss me, there. I felt Felic's tongue dance there the same way it had in my mouth. I felt as if I was going to explode. I understood now what the other girls in my tribe were talking about. He did this until our energies built bigger and bigger. Just as I began to go over the edge, he shifted himself over me and in one smooth stroke, slid his member into me. I wanted to cry for the pain but as our energies began to mingle, he held himself in place and waited for me to accommodate him. Once he knew I was ready, he began to move in and out over and over until our energies were perfectly blended and we screamed into the night. I felt him fill me with his essence and my sheath knew on its own how to milk him. We slowly road out the wave and glowed with the perspiration of our meeting.

We lay in each other's arms until the sun began to crest over the horizon and the Beltane fires had long since died out. The others who had also coupled began to rise and go to their perspective shelters. We continued to meet at the gatherings like that, for well over a year, each time our magnetism was undeniable. As soon as our tribes made it to the circle, we would try to find each other. With my long blazing red hair and his icy blue eyes, it did not take long for us to locate the other I suspect the elders knew and never interfered.

A year and a half later at the big Samhain festival, I looked for my love as soon as I got there. I could not wait to be with him again. Over this time, I have seen him grow from a boy into a man. His face now has a full beard, his arms are even bigger and stronger, and may I say that he has the finest backside of any man I have ever seen. Of course, I am a bit biased on the matter. I stood waiting for him by the fires, this was the longest that he has ever been in coming. All of a sudden, it felt as if butterflies have entered my stomach. The summer had seen a drought this year, was it possible he had not survived? My eyebrows furrowed and my mouth began to pout out of fear.

"Now, now, my love why are you so worried? His low whispers rumbled in my ear.

I swung around and threw my arms around him

"You have never been so late before and your tribe was here. Oh how I have missed you." I showered him with kisses. My hands slid around him and pulled him ever closer to me. His member was already so hard in expectation of our meeting. The smell and heat of the fire filled our senses and there was something about the power of Samhain that seemed to excite us even more. This was always a magical night, but he seemed to bring out more of my power, more of my passions. His hands slid to my waist and he pulled me out to look at me, I could feel our old familiar heat stirring deep within. He took me off to the side and took my hands in his. He looked into my eyes and simply said.

"Eilis, we stand here on this night at a gateway between worlds, the one who have passed and the one of the living. Here in this circle it is destined by the Great Lord that the worlds intermingle and twine together would you also allow our worlds to twine together and become one? Will you have a hand fasting ceremony with me and be my wife?

"You know I will!" I wrapped my arms around him unable to believe how worried I was just a few moments ago.

"I have something for you my love, it is small but I think it will be to your liking." He held out a little leather bag with rather fine designs on the front. They swirled and moved like the wind, or like the waves of the ocean. When I opened the little bag, I could see a rather bright glimmer; I could not imagine what it was. When I opened it further there was the most beautiful silver pendant fashioned into a knot. The knot was as intricate as the design on the bag.

"Felic, I do not know what to say, other than it is beautiful it shines as if you had captured a star. "

"If I could have Eilis I would have done it just for you. The long months between our meetings have been a sweet torment. Sweet only in that I knew I would see you again." He stepped up to me and swiftly removed my shift, scorching the skin that his fingers touched. I could feel the familiar tingles and wetness begin already, yet something new was happening within me. It felt deeper and older, yet new at the same time. As our hands moved over each other's bodies, they left a trail of sparks. There in the moonlight our energies became tangible and visible. He softly laid himself on the cool grass and waited for me to make a move. I carefully lowered myself on his waiting member and felt myself filled completely. I began to move to the rhythms of the Samhain drums, as I moved in this new position, Felic could not help but look at my body. His hands continued to leave a trail of sparks as they moved from my hips to cup my breasts. Our breaths became deeper, and the light we had created changed from red, to green, to blue, to violet, then at the end when he to filled me with his seed, and the moment we filled the night with our screams we began to glow this blazing white. I shifted to let our bodies separate and lay upon the expanse of his chest. We let out a collective sigh and watched our energies continue to glow. I also noticed that the pendant he had given me was still glowing, brighter than when I had first received it.

Once we had exhausted ourselves, we rerobed and went to tell our families. To our delight, they welcomed the union and immediately brought it to the attentions of our elders. I was a bit surprised at the delight of all who knew, it was not common to marry between tribes. The high priestess wasted no time in using the magic of the night to perform the hand fasting ceremony. With the fire burning and crackling the stage was set for a spectacular event. As the words were said all I could do was look into the iciness of my true love's eyes, I may have been mistaken but I do believe I saw tears forming in them. Upon the commencement of the ceremony in front of all who is there, he pulled me into a deep kiss. There were cheers and congratulations from all who loved and knew us.

So you see this is why Halloween/ Samhain has always held a special meaning for me, the smells, the tastes, the colors of the leaves, brings to me the memories of my Felic. Our marriage was a long and passionate one, we had many generations fill our tribe and we eventually became the elders of the community. But as our lives were approaching the first passing we knew that there would be no other now or ever to fill each other's hearts and souls. So we went to the high priestess and asked for her to perform a spell that would bind us for eternity, that the memory or our passion and love would endure from this lifetime to everything that would follow us after. So it has followed that each lifetime upon our eighteenth Samhain, oh I keep forgetting you know it as Halloween, that on our eighteenth Halloween the memories of our love and marriage and past lives together come flooding back. It is then that the search for the other begins.

Once the memories of our past lives have come back to us it does not take long for us to find each other. There have been a few times when one has been ready before the other, but it has only been months at the most. There are always the same signs, his blue eyes and black hair, my green eyes and red hair. Each of us has a birthmark in the shape of the tattoos that the priestess gave us for the spell. These signs haves often been a burden, for in some of the cultures to which we have been born these are not prized qualities. Imagine the surprise to our poor parents when we were born in Asia, we stuck out like sore thumbs and we had memories that had no place in their culture. Samhain or even Halloween was unknown to them, the memories of the ceremonies they could not explain. They were perplexed when we would begin to converse with them in a foreign tongue. We would not even be aware of this shift in languages but for the looks of the faces of our families. Once I was even brought to the local church to cast out the demons that had possessed me. I had learned quickly to hide my newly found ability.

The months before I would turn 18 I would see his face in my dreams, catch glimpses of our wedding ceremony, our children, the Samhain fires. It was always so strange, there were lifetimes when I was afraid to tell my friends or parents, and there were times when I knew I could tell those close to me. The best and yet scariest dreams were the sex dreams, I would have feelings and sensations during those dreams that I had never had before. I would later learn that the times I would wake up screaming it was because I had just had an orgasm. My parents would come into the room with this worried look on their face and lovingly cradle me. While I was thankful, I secretly wished that they would leave so I could have more dreams.

And let me tell you those nights that led up to my 18th Samhain were incredible they were filled with mysterious places and memories, and dreams of being with a man I had never met. This time though Halloween has come and gone and no sign of my beloved. It has been almost a year and nothing. I am now tormented by these dreams worried that perhaps our lives have become out of sync. Is it possible? Of course it could happen, but I thought that the spell would have protected us from that.

**********

That hair, that face those impossibly green eyes! She taunts me with these dreams. What and who is it that I am seeing? I need to find the answer or it will drive me mad. It started almost a year ago, in bits and pieces and now I am dreaming of entire lifetimes in a single night. I know that it starts in England because of Stonehenge, but it is of a time that even my history books have failed to describe. The other dreams have taken me all over the world, China, India, Egypt, America, Africa, though in all these dreams we look the same, it does not make any sense. Some of the dreams I can feel her in my hands, her full hips, the weight of her breasts, and entering her; she is silk and heat. Oh my God, the mornings I wake with my cock spent and covered in sweat leave me humming for days later. I have known no such feelings with any of the girls I have been with, I have never met her but it is as if I have known her my entire life. I do not even know if she is real! Suddenly I have started to speak Gaelic as if it is what I have heard my entire life, My poor family is so damn confused. It is not as if I am psychic or anything, but the end of each dream I keep being shown signs that say Massachusetts or Boston. I keep waking with the overwhelming feeling that that is where I should attend college. I know my parents want me to attend Oxford here, but Harvard is just as noteworthy, is it not? It is not too late to change my mind, I got my acceptance letter a month ago, but I did not want to disappoint my parents.

I think I will just pack up and go, I have a full scholarship, looks like all my studying may pay off. My friends will either say I am completely pathetic for chasing a girl who may be a figment of my imagination, or think I am the coolest, craziest guy they know. Aww bloody hell, I will do it, my family is always telling me I can do whatever I set my mind to. The letter I will keep simple tell them where I am going and what I am doing, and that I will see the for Christmas. Heh maybe I will just fuck with em and write it in Gaelic, let them puzzle over it for a while.

It is so strange flying away from home on my own, I am almost regretting it a little. What if this leads me nowhere? What if there my mystery girl is not there waiting for me? I will have to see it through or everyone really will think I am crazy. I will close my eyes for a while and try to sleep.

**********

I cannot wait for the masquerade dance on Friday! I have my costume all picked out, I am going as Morgaine from the legends of King Arthur, I know I do not fit the description at all, I am not small and dark no, I am big with puffy red curls, but there is something about her that I can identify, forever waiting to be loved. I have a long black cloak and a beautiful blue gown. I even have sketched out the makeup that I will do, complete with a crescent moon on my head. I know at least my friends will get my costume. About a month ago at the start of school, my dreams began to intensify, I have woken my room mate up more than once with my dreams, though I don't feel to bad, it is payback for all their late night romps while I am actually sleeping. I can't help but wonder why all of a sudden the dreams have started to strengthen, I can only hope that it will mean an end to my torment.

**********

She is here, I know it. I have caught whiffs of her in the library and flashes of her red hair rounding the corner. She remains elusive to me though. I am on the boarder with some of my classes because I have become a bit obsessive about finding her. My friends are trying to drag me to this stupid party on Friday, but I really do not want to go. My closest friend here, says it couldn't hurt to expand my circle and maybe find a girl to take my mind off of it. I doubt that any girl here could make me forget the beauty in my mind. But I am going to go anyway. We are going as a couple of druids, I figure the costume is cheap and easy to make. Besides If I want to hide all I have to do is pull the hood over my head.

**********

My room mate and I look so cute with our make up and costumes. A little of her spray gel seems to have tamed my wild locks. As I am walking in I get the strangest feeling sweep over me.

"Elise, are you ok?" she asks.

"Oh yes fine, fine, I am just excited I guess. Or maybe this costume is too hot for me."

"Well if you need to go back just let me know, it will probably be lame here anyway."

I could only laugh in response. The feeling became stronger the further in we got, but I just pushed through it. No need to waste a perfect evening.

**********

"Whoa dude, you ok?"

"Um yeah, just tripped on my shoe or something."

"Oh ok."

I was too embarrassed to tell him that I felt weak all of a sudden. I did though, it happened just as I walked through the doors. I had a feeling of de ja vu, I know I had only ever been in here for the normal parties, but I remembered the costumes, and the music and being cloaked like this before.

"Hey Felix, look over there. I think that girl is looking at you."

**********

It is him, I know it! He may not know me yet, I freeze like a deer in headlights. I do not know if I should approach, or let him come to me. He always came to me before, he is the stronger bolder of the two of us. My knees feel as if they will give away right here. I will do the only thing I know will get his attention.

**********

My heart has stopped, it actually has stopped. As soon as she slips her hood of and starts running her fingers through her hair, that is the only sign I need.

"Man I have to run, its her, that is the girl I have been dreaming about."

"Well don't stand here talking to me." I trip as he shoves me in her direction.

**********

As soon as I see him walk toward me, without thinking, my body returns the favor. Before either one of us knows what is happening we are face to face, breath to breath. Our souls take over our bodies, knowing what to do.

Junudi
Junudi
20 Followers
12