Sapling

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Firebrain
Firebrain
343 Followers

The second tree had grown up normally, its trunk thick, leaves lustrous. When she examined it she realised that the barbed wire was running right through it. And yet...it looked so healthy.

"Well then," said the fox. "Which one are you?"

"'I don't know," she said, thinking hard. "I suppose I'm the crappy tree. I tried, but I went...wrong."

"That's not how you've been this week, is it?"

"No, I guess not," she replied. "But I don't understand; the healthy tree still has the barbed wire straight through. It must hurt. How can they be...normal?"

"Maybe it is normal."

The Girl nodded. She understood now; she didn't have to forgive the Man and the Woman. She could be the Girl who grew up in that horrible house and a Girl who was able to be happy now. Shecould be damaged inside and it wouldn't matter.

But only if she could stay as she was.

"Are you going to turn me back?" she asked him, nervously.

He chuckled. "To what? I didn't do anything."

Her mouth dropped open. "But you bit me!"

The fox shrugged his slinky shoulders.

"Because it made you feel something. But that's all I did; you did the rest yourself."

The Girl leant against a tree for a moment to absorb it all.

"So you mean...I can stay as I am?"

"As you always were," he replied.

A warm smile spread across her face; it had never felt so good to smile.

"I think I'm going to be all right," she whispered. "Thank you. For everything."

He nodded. "I'm glad to be of help. Now off you go. Carry on living."

The Girl lingered a moment before turning on her heel. She made her way back up the brook wood path and out into the sunshine, back to the Boy.

Lily did not see the car before she crossed. Benjamin sprang from his seat on the wall, screaming.

The fox smiled and folded his paws.

"Now that," he said, "is my business."

Firebrain
Firebrain
343 Followers
12