Saving Sabrina Ch. 02

Story Info
Purging emotions and pending decisions.
6k words
4.55
15.3k
35

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/02/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

+++++

Author's Note:

Here we are, Chapter 2! Keep an eye on my profile for status updates on the story, as I'll be updating it to keep everyone informed. Still no sex, although things are heating up!

My thanks to everyone who has been reading Chapter 1, especially those who left comments. They help keep me motivated! Keep it up, folks!

Lord_Dane81

+++++

Andrew held Sabrina for a few moments as she cried, then gently steered her over to the couch. Even as they sat down, she continued to cling to him, her body wracked with sobs as she let out her fear and pain. Sasha sat back down and watched as her sister sought comfort from Andy. She had been expecting her sister to break eventually, but the fact that it had happened when Andy arrived was telling.

As their meeting had played out, Sasha had watched the expressions on her sister's face. She knew her sister better than anyone and she could almost hear the thoughts that were shouting in Sabrina's head when she saw Andy. She'd never seen her sister lovestruck before, but it was the only way she could describe it. If it wasn't for the situation, she thought they would still be in each other's arms, just with less tears and more kissing.

Although she didn't know Andy, it was obvious what his thoughts had been when Sabrina had come down the stairs. It's not hard to tell when a man is dumbstruck by a woman and her sister had that ability in spades. A beautiful woman herself, Sasha had seen her share of men rendered speechless on occasion and that description fit Andy to a tee as he'd stared at her sister.

It took Andy several minutes to calm Sabrina enough for the sobbing to end and for her to regain her voice.

"It's going to be okay, Sabrina. We'll figure this out." Andy whispered into her ear as she clutched him.

"I'm just so scared, Andy. I don't know why anyone would hate me this much." She replied as her breathing slowly returned to normal. She felt horrible for breaking down but that was trumped by the comfort she took in holding onto Andy. At the moment, she felt like she never wanted to let go.

"I don't know why this is happening, but I know you didn't do anything to deserve this."

Reluctantly, Sabrina released her grip and leaned away from Andy to look at his face. She could see that he sincerely believed what he was saying, and she took strength from that.

"I'm so glad I asked Cassie to call you. She wasn't sure if you'd be available, but she said that if anyone could help me, it would be you." She said, giving him a fragile smile.

"I'd have dropped whatever I was doing to come help you, believe that. Luckily, I'd just finished my last assignment." The warmth in the smile Andy gave her helped to lessen some of her embarassment for breaking down, but now she felt restless.

"Do you want some coffee? Or maybe something to eat? I know you've been on the road all day and you have to be starving." Sabrina asked, trying to get up to head to the kitchen. She needed to be doing something with all the pent-up energy she was feeling. Andy's arm around her shoulder stopped her.

"Sabrina, try to relax. I've already had Sean order me something to eat and your sister gave me some coffee as soon as I got here." He held on until she stopped trying to get up, then released her and moved away a little.

"I need to make a couple calls and see where we are on things. Since you mentioned her, why don't you call Cassie and let her know I made it and I'm on the case. I know she was very worried about you when I talked to her last night."

Sabrina nodded, gave him another smile, and then took the cellphone her sister offered her and headed upstairs to call Cassie.

Once she was gone, Sasha looked at Andy and laughed slightly.

"I've never seen anyone handle Brin the way you just did. She's as sweet as can be, but her stubbornness usually balances that out. You just nudged her in the direction you wanted her to go and off she went like it was the most natural thing in the world."

Andy laughed before pulling the phone Sean had given him back out of his pocket.

"Her mind is trying to drive her body in a dozen different directions and she doesn't know which way to go. I just gave her a task she could focus on and a chance for my sister to work her magic and relax her. I'm sure I'll pay for it later."

"I don't doubt it. I'm just glad she finally broke down and let some of her emotions out. I've been waiting for her to have a crying fit ever since she flew in from New York. I'll go straighten up my kitchen and leave you to your calls." Sasha rose and headed to her work. Andy's first call was to John.

"Hey, brother, I made it to Louisville. Where are we on getting access to the NYPD investigation?" He asked as John answered his phone.

"It took a little sweet talking and a call to the mayor, but our people are looking over everything the NYPD has right now. Karen Reese is running the team and I've already given her your number. She'll be in touch as soon as they get through everything. How is Sabrina?"

"She broke down a bit when I got here but she seems to be doing okay. I think having Sean and Gavin here relaxed her. I'm gonna hold onto those two for the duration, most likely. I'm about to call the detective who was here this morning and see what he had on the local evidence. I just wanted to check in with you first."

"Alright, Andy. Keep in touch and let me know if there is anything else you need to get this situation resolved. Just a sec." Andy could hear a female voice in the background. Then he heard John laugh and speak again.

"And Cami says you better take good care of that girl or she'll be flying to Louisville to kick your ass." He said, laughing again with Andy joining in.

"I don't doubt she could. Tell her I'm doing my best. Thanks John." And said and ended the call, pulling out the card Sean had given him. The call to Detective Matthew Cross was quickly picked up.

"Detective, my name is Andrew Riley. I'm an investigator and security specialist for the Hunter Agency. I'm assigned to close protection of Sabrina St. Claire. I was told that you wanted me to contact you as soon as possible."

"Of course, Mr. Riley. Judging by how many times Miss St. Claire called you by it, I assume you go by Andy. You can call me Matt, it's easier than all the misters and titles."

"Thanks, Matt." Andy replied, taking an instant liking to the detective.

"I'm still waiting on reports from our evidence techs, but it doesn't look like they found anything particularly helpful. No prints, hairs, or anything that could tie to a suspect and the shoe print they found is for a very common work boot. We weren't able to get access to the files from New York, so I don't have anything on that angle either."

"My boss got some of our people access to those files and they are reviewing them as we speak. If it comes down to a prosecution in your jurisdiction, I can probably arrange that access for you."

Matt laughed a little.

"How did your boss get in? The commissioner up there shot my captain down in flames."

"John went over his head and called the mayor. He was friends with John's dad back in the day and usually invites John and his wife to dinner whenever they are in town."

"Nice, gotta love that personal touch. Let me know if your people find anything interesting in there and I may go ahead and have you try to get us copies. I hate trying to work a puzzle without all the pieces."

Andy agreed then had a thought.

"Would you be willing to send copies of everything you get to the team up in New York? One of our best investigators, a former D.C. detective, is running the operation up there and it would probably help her to piece things together."

Matt thought for a moment before replying.

"Ordinarily, I'd be wary of sharing information about an open case, even with a top investigative agency. But you and I both know this case is crossing so many lines, jurisdiction is murky to begin with. If you give me a number and I can speak to the investigator first, I'd be happy to. I don't want to doubt her credentials, I just want to get a sense of where her head is at on it."

"Of course, give me a sec to get the number." Andy pulled up the personnel roster on his own cell phone and recited the number.

"Her name is Karen Reese. I'll message her and let her know to expect your call. I'm also adding your number to my phone and I'll call if anything comes up. Nice to know we've got some friendly law enforcement on this one."

"No problem, Andy. I've got your number from the switchboard and I'll call if anything turns up on my end. Good luck!"

With his calls finished and the message sent to Karen, he took a moment to ponder his next move. He had been bouncing an idea around in his head on the drive from Virginia and with no leads at the moment from either police investigation, it seemed the best bet. Now, he just had to convince Sabrina to go along with it.

+++++

After leaving Andy to make his calls, Sabrina went upstairs to the guest bedroom she had been using, sat on the bed, and dialed Cassie's number in Tokyo. Even though it was only about six in the morning there, the call was answered almost instantly.

"Brin, is that you?" Cassie asked quickly, the worry evident in her voice. Sabrina had called her once the previous night after the bodyguards arrived, but it was clear that wasn't enough to convince Cassie of her safety.

"It's me. I just wanted to let you know that Andy made it a little while ago. He's downstairs making some calls to see what his people have found out."

"Thank God. I feel better knowing that he's there with you. There is no one else I'd completely trust to keep you safe." Cassie said.

"I think I'll be okay now. He seems pretty confident that he can find out who's doing this." Sabrina said, although to Cassie it sounded a little like she was trying to convince herself.

"What's wrong, hon? I know you're safe with Andy there, but it sounds like you're not too sure."

Sabrina was quiet a moment before answering. As much as she wanted to share her concerns about what was bothering her, this was Andy's sister she was talking to. She didn't know how she would react.

"It's not that. I feel safer than I have in weeks now that Andy's here. I think that's part of my problem." She said hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" Cassie asked. In truth, she had a feeling she knew. After the trip to their parent's house, Sabrina had asked a few more questions about Andy than their casual acquaintance seemed to justify. On the other hand, Andy had done the same when asking about Sabrina. She had noticed an attraction between them, but since they'd never seen each other again, she had discounted it. Now, with them together for Sabrina's safety, she'd bet anything that it was back with a vengeance.

"It's just that... how do I explain. When I saw that Andy was here, I broke down. I'd been bottling all of this up, trying to be strong, but the minute I laid eyes on your brother, I just started sobbing. You know I hate crying." Sabrina answered, still feeling embarrassed about it.

"Girl, don't worry about that. I'm sure Andy understands that you've been under all kinds of stress and that you just needed to let it out. He won't hold that against you."

"It wasn't just the crying. I ran to him and latched on like he was a life preserver and I was lost at sea. It took who knows how long for me stop and I still didn't want to let go. He just made me feel so safe. He probably thinks I'm nuts."

Cassie was quiet for a moment before speaking again.

"Trust me, Andy is a big boy and he can handle a lot more than a weeping, clingy woman before running for the hills. As soon as I told him you needed help, he couldn't get there fast enough. He was sound asleep when I called him and the minute he heard your name, he was up and moving. I know I teased you a bit about having a crush on him, but I teased him a hell of a lot more about having one on you."

"What?" Sabrina exclaimed

"Brin, I know my brother better than anyone on Earth and I know when he's head-over-heels for a girl. You had his attention three years ago and, judging by his reactions last night, you still do. The important thing is that there isn't anything Andy wouldn't do to keep you safe, attraction or not. So, if you need to break down and cry all over him, it's not going to matter one bit in the long run."

Sabrina didn't know what to think. She knew she'd had a thing for him and she'd felt that he'd been at least attracted to her. Now to hear Cassie confirm it was causing her mind to run in a hundred different directions.

"Now isn't the time to worry about that, with this mess hanging over your head. But I can promise you that Andy will move heaven and earth to resolve this. Then you two can decide if your attraction to each other is going anywhere other than the closest bed."

Sabrina's cheeks flamed up instantly at Cassie's teasing tone. Although the idea of Andy in bed with her caused other parts of her body to warm up as well.

"I can't believe you said that, Cass. With everything I've got going on right now, the last thing I need to be thinking about is sex, with your brother or anyone else. And what kind of sister makes those kinds of insinuations about her own brother?" She said, trying to muster up a haughty tone, one which was quickly drowned out by Cassie's laughter.

"The kind of sister who wants her brother and her best friend to be happy. And if they make each other happy, that's even better! I gotta go, have to be ready for work in a little while, but I'm glad you called and let me know that Andy made it. Promise me you'll think about what I said. I think when all this is over, you two would be really good for each other."

Sabrina was still slightly shocked over the turn of conversation, even if she'd had more than a few idle daydreams about being with Andy over the years. The fact that his sister thought they'd make a good couple just brought all those thoughts and feelings to the forefront of her mind.

"I'm not promising you anything, evil woman!. But I'll consider thinking about it, when things are back to normal. Have a good day at work!" Sabrina said. After they said their goodbyes, she stared at the phone, still lost in thought about the call and Cassie's revelations that Andy might really be interested in her.

When they had gotten back to school after that visit, Cassie had teased her good-naturedly about having a crush on Andy. Sabrina knew she had been kind of transparent with all the questions she asked. She just never realized that, somehow, Andy had revealed to his sister that he was attracted to Sabrina as well.

She remembered a phone call to Cassie not long after she had moved to Tokyo when she had asked how Andy was doing. That was when she'd first heard he was doing security work. Cassie had offered to give her number to her brother, or vice versa, but she'd thought that it was just kidding around. Now, in hindsight, she had to wonder if Cassie had been serious.

Now, Andy was here with her and Sabrina was a nervous wreck. Between the stalker, her career being placed on hold indefinitely, and her best friend's hunky brother, she had more than enough distraction in her life now. Something needed to give and for the time being, it seemed like it would have to be her attraction to Andy.

Sabrina was still lost in thought fifteen minutes later when a knock at the door startled her.

"Who is it?" She asked, pretty sure she already knew the answer. Sasha wouldn't have knocked, and as far as she knew Sean and Gavin were either gone or still outside on patrol.

"It's me, Sabrina." Andy's voice responded. "Can I come in?"

After a quick glance around the room, she responded affirmatively, and the door slowly opened. Standing in the doorway, looking more handsome than any man has a right to, Andy leaned against the door jam and stared at her.

+++++

The moment he opened the door, Andy knew he was in trouble.

Sitting on the bed, sunlight streaming through the open curtains and making her blonde hair almost glow, Sabrina was staring at him. Her green eyes were even brighter than before, seeming almost neon to him. She had her legs folded under her and her hands were together, holding her sister's cell phone. This had the added effect of pushing her breasts together, a fact which the top she was wearing revealed magnificently.

Realizing that he was standing there, quietly staring at her, he cleared his throat.

"Did you get a hold of Cassie?" He asked. She quickly nodded, but he was baffled why her cheeks momentarily seems to catch fire. Her blush disappeared as quickly as it had come.

"Yeah. She was glad to know you made it safely and reassured me that if anyone could help me with this mess, it would be you." Sabrina replied. The mention of Cassie had brought back her comment about the bed. The fact that he was standing only a few feet away from the one she was currently sitting on was not lost on her.

"Did you make all of your calls?"

He slowly nodded before answering.

"Yeah. Some of our people are looking over everything you gave the NYPD and I talked to the detective you spoke with this morning. So far, there aren't any leads we can work, but I've got them exchanging information and I hope something will come out of it."

Sabrina was quiet for a moment.

"Do you really think you can find whoever is doing this? With nothing to go on?"

"There is almost always something to go on. We just have to keep adding pieces to the puzzle until the picture starts to take shape. Sometime soon, I would like to talk to you about everything, from the beginning, but that can wait a little while. We have something else we need to talk about now. It's pretty important." Andy replied, shifting his weight between his feet as he continued leaning against the doorway.

"What is it? What's going on? What's wrong?" Sabrina said quickly. Had something else happened while she was on the phone with Cassie? Had his boss changed his mind about the security detail? Was Sasha okay?

In her stressed situation, Sabrina's mind quickly ran the gamut of negative possibilities while Andy just looked at her. She didn't realize that he was reading every emotion that flashed across her beautiful face. When she began imagining the worst, her eyes began widening and her mouth unconsciously bowed into a frown. As her eyes began to moisten, he quickly stepped into the room, pulled her up from the bed gently, and wrapped his arms around her.

"Sabrina, relax. I don't know what all you were just thinking, but I promise it's nothing that bad." He said softly. Her arms wrapped around him, just as they had earlier, and she began to cry. Not the hard, wracking sobs of before, this was a gentle and quiet weeping. Rather than say anything else to upset her, he simply held her and let her cry until she was done.

When she finally managed to stop crying, she was almost afraid to look at him. For the second time in as many hours, he had seen her break down and it bothered her. She didn't want to seem weak, but she couldn't help how all the stress she was under was causing her to react. Finally, she managed to raise her head.

Their faces were only inches apart. She could see the concern in his warm, amber eyes and his grip tightened as they faced each other. It was almost like he was trying to give her all the strength he had in his body, not to hold her up but to help her stand strong on her own. It was a strange feeling, but one she quickly realized that she liked.

"I'm sorry, Andy. That's twice you've tried to talk to me and I've turned into a blubbering baby." She said, trying to inject some humor into the moment to hide her embarrassment.

"Sabrina, I can't imagine how you feel and I know you've been internalizing all that fear and anger, especially since your sister said today was the first time you've cried since you've been here. I'm just glad you are okay and getting it out. Holding onto that kind of crap is never good, I should know."

12